To work in finance or business getting a certification in accounting is the first step. While accounting is not all about taxation, it is also about financial accountability and accuracy of the business. Accounting and taxation certifications show employers that you have the skills and specialised knowledge to deliver the task, thus improving reputation and earning power and also job prospects. It is a highly regarded profession and various job openings require the accounting knowledge. Accounting and taxation course is a PG programme in Accounting and taxation course.
Accounting gives a systematic structure to the transactions and measure of financial performance, business cannot run without accounting, be it a small or a large business. The purpose of accounting is to provide a financial status about the performance, cash flows and financial position of the business. This information is then used to reach decisions about the functioning of business investment or lending. The main aim of accounting is to know the profit or loss of the business and also to ascertain the financial position of the business. It provides insight into the management decisions
An accounting course helps to gain the essential skills to become an accountant in a reputed company. All basic concepts of income tax, preparation of income tax return , TDS deduction and rates , types of returns and due dates are included in the course.
The different Accounting courses available in Agra are:-
Rank#1: Henry Harvin ( Certified Accounting and Taxation Course (CATP)
Henry Harvin is one of the best institutes for professional and technical certifications in India. The courses are in sync with the current curriculum of academic courses and specific industry requirements. These courses help to acquire skill set for the professional calibre enabling to explore the untapped job market.
The accounting and taxation course of Henry Harvin is rated as amongst the best courses. It is designed for students as well as financial professionals.
On completion of the course, a certification is awarded as it has affiliations with MSME and Government of India.
There is an option to do the course offline as well as online. There are different webinars being conducted by Henry Harvin to give the students a first-hand experience.
It’s a 172 hour course with 1 year access to the course details. Training is given by CA’s having 20+ years of experience.
Live projects with Industry experience are given during the course.
There is a facility of Mobile app access and of e-learning where in access is given to recorded videos, projects and case studies.
Placement assistance and internship opportunity is given with Henry Harvin. The Institute supports in facing and clearing interviews.
It also provides complementary modules along with course curriculum like soft skills development and resume writing are one of those.
It has a vast curriculum covering all major heads such as GST, Income tax, Balance sheet, Tally, Excel, Payroll and SAP Fico.
Bootcamps are held every month with experts in the field.
After completion of the course certification the candidate is a Certified Accounting & Taxation (CATP).
Course fee is Rs 34,500.
Topics covered in the Accounting and Taxation course.
Module 1: GST- Goods and Services Tax (Indirect Tax) – 32 Hours
Module 2: Income Tax/TDS Course (Direct Tax) – 32 Hours
Module 3: Final Balance sheet/ preparation of Financial Statement -16 Hours
Module 4: Advc Tally ERP 9 – 28 Hours
Module 5: Advc Excel and MIS for Accounts and Finance – 32 Hours
Module 6: HR Payroll Management
Complimentary Module 1: Soft Skills Development
Complimentary Module 2: Resume Writing
Projects and case study are carried out during the training tenure to develop experiential learning for the participants. Participants will be engaged throughout the training through presentations, group activities, brainstorming sessions, and hands-on experience over both statistical and non-statistical tools. Idea is to focus on value creation.
Cities in India where Henry Harvin Accounting and Taxation course is provided:
Other Henry Harvin Courses:
- Post Graduate program of Accounting and Taxation course
- GST course
- Income Tax Course
- Business Analytics Course
- SAP FICO Course
2. Udemy (Accounting: from Beginner to Advanced)
A global platform for teaching, learning and connecting millions of students to develop and enhance the skills needed in the current industry setup. There is a list of courses offered by Udemy covering the topics. Udemy is known for its pocket friendly fee structure. The course can be pursued by individuals, small business owners, sole proprietors, CPA Candidates, Enrolled Agent Candidates, Accountants, Bookkeepers and students.
The course has 15 sections and is divided into 86 lectures. It includes 4 hours of on demand videos.
It provides lifetime access on mobile and TV and a certificate of completion.
To make the course interesting it has HD video and animations.
Instructors from big companies like PWC and Coca Cola.
- Case studies and course challenges to make the course interactive and understandable.
The course includes preparation of financial statements
Accounting cycle and identification of specific items on the Balance Sheet.
Accounting Regulations, Depreciations, Amortization, and Bank reconciliation.
- · A certificate is awarded after completion of course.
3. Amity University Online (POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING)
Recognized by UGC and established in 2005, it offers online education. It has online MBA and PGD programmes. The list of specialisations offered is as below:-
- Finance and Accounting
- Public Accounting
- Advertising and Brand Management
- Business Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Marketing and Sales Management
- NGO Management
- Retail Management
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Travel and Tourism Management
- A 2 year programme for aspiring candidates requiring a Bachelor’s degree or a graduation certificate.
- The programme includes accounting for managers, statistics for management, corporate tax planning, and project planning, conflict resolution, financial engineering and corporate restructuring like mergers and acquisitions.
- Flexibility with web proctored mode and freedom to take exams from anywhere and are also allowed to take semester breaks.
- Daily live interactive classes, activities and discussion forums.
- The programme has global faculty and also provides a career coach to guide through the completion of course.
- Web Proctored Mode to take exams anywhere
- Live virtual job fairs with 100% placement assistance.
- The degree is recognised globally and thus causes no problem to participants going abroad.
- Approved by distance education board with the course fee of Rs 200000.
4. NIFM (National institute of Financial Markets) Diploma in Financial Accounting & Business Taxation.
It’s one of the preferable courses by students and professionals. The institute has its branches in all the major cities in India covering Agra, Delhi, Ahmadabad, Pune, Jaipur, Dehradun and Nagpur.
- Course is more of practical training over theoretical.
- Free Demo is also available before joining the course.
- There is also availability of weekend batches
- Experienced faculty with over 10 years of Industry experience.
- Covers all the basic knowledge to advance knowledge of accounting.
- Flexibility to take class as per the days and time.
- Candidates should have minimum qualification as 10+2, graduate or undergraduate and well versed with computer, MS Office and Internet.
- The course covers the modern bookkeeping method with computerised entry and finalised report.
- Filing of GST and TDS challans and periodical returns.
- Hands on experience with Software like ERP and JAVA utility and govt utility for GST and TDS
- Programme Fee is Rs 75,000 + GST.
- · Programme duration is 1 Year including 3 Month internship.
5. Edupristine (Post Graduate Programme in Business Accounting and Taxation)
EduPristine is a global education provider. Founded in 2008, it has its headquarters in the United States and is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE). It provides online as well as classroom training. Post Graduate Programme in Business Accounting and Taxation (PGP-BAT) practical learning course is designed for students as per the current industry requirement.
It offers 9 modules including 14 projects
It provides experience on software such as SAP, MS excel Tally etc.
The minimum criteria for admission is a graduate degree with a commerce background. No entrance exams are held for admissions.
Duration to complete the Post Graduate Programme in Business Accounting and Taxation is 5 months.
The course is industry based thus providing an overview of the current job expectations.
The training is project and case study based with dedicated discussion forums.
Faculty led LIVE online training is conducted for all theoretical aspects thus allowing 2 way interaction and flexibility at the same time.
The course majorly covers the Basics of accounting and accounting in Tally ERP, GST and GST in Tally, Direct taxation and application in Tally, Payroll and setting up Tally for payroll.
Finalisation of Financial statements.
· Participants wanting to only learn specific topics like GST or SAP etc can enrol and pay for only the specific topics that they need.
6. Coursera (The Accounting Cycle Specialization)
Coursera was founded in 2012 with a vision to provide a global learning platform. Courses on Coursera are affordable and also provide free trials. There are on-demands lectures as per the participants schedule. The course is based on the concept of applied learning making the base for the current job market.
This course provides Hands on Specialization from analysing and recording the first financial transaction all way through the year.
- Preparation of Trial Balance and financial statements
- A full accounting cycle
- Preparation of ledgers, closing and posting of entries.
- Completion of projects is necessary for completion of course.
- On completion of the course certificate is awarded that can be shared in the certificate section of the LinkedIn profile too.
- There are course videos and readings with assignments, quizzes and programming assignments.
7. Learning & Development Academy by Grant Thornton in India (ACCA Diploma in IFRS)
- The programme offers both online and offline courses.
- Minimum qualification for the course is Graduation in commerce with a relevant accounting experience of 3 years.
- Along with International Financial Reporting Standards the participant has a clear understanding of Ind AS and International GAAP
- The exams happen twice a year in June and December
- · The course has 95 hours of learning sessions and 20 hours of recorded videos.
8. City Commerce Academy (Accounts and Tax Expert (All in One)
Established in 1999, this is an online course based on video classes with automatic updating to the current changes. There is flexibility of attending the course as to 24*7. The queries are resolved through phone calls, emails and discussion forums. There are printed practice projects based on original industry data.
- Provides practical training with 100 % practice projects.
- It provides certification on completion of course.
- The course includes Practical training in preparation of Journal Entries with Practical Project Work with computer accounting concept.
- Experience on Tally ERP based on industrial data
- Practical case study involving Inventory accounting, Reconciliation, Balance Sheet and reports and MIS, Debit note and credit note are also included in course.
9. SLA Consultants India (E-Accounts, E-Taxation & E-GST+ PD SAP FICO Courses)
(Structured learning assistance) SLA Consultants India Pvt. Ltd. is ISO 9001:2005 certified. It provides the industry oriented and comprehensive training as per the industry requirement.
- The duration of the course is approximately 200 hours.
The course includes Balance sheet/preparation of Financial Statement, Banking & Finance Instruments Customs / Import & Export Procedures, Income Tax/TDS/GST- Goods & Services Tax
It provides the Overview, Core Financial Accounting, Master Data, Document Control, Posting Control, Financial Document Clearing, Automatic Payments, Parking Documents, Accruals and Deferrals
It also covers GST- Goods & Services Tax / Income Tax , Income Tax/TDS (Direct Tax), Basic of Tally ERP 9, Basics Of Accounting, Payroll Management, Inventory Management, Accounting Management Through Tally, TDS, GST Ledgers, Recording Sales and Purchases.
Rank#10 : Gurukul Mantras (Professional Diploma in Accounting and Taxation)
The upcoming institute with online classes. It is the education division of Aayogg Consulting Pvt. Ltd., Certified By Himalayiya University and registered under the Companies Act 2013. It provides weekend and daily batches for up to 10 persons. It is a platform to brush up the skills.
- The course duration is 90 hours (45 days)
- The classes are engaging and interesting with PDFs and PPTs video and podcast.
- There are a variety of time slots available to suit the schedule.
- The course includes Financial accounting including journal entries, Bank reconciliation, training on Tally, GST and Income Tax and TDS
Scope of the Accounting and Taxation course:
Learning the accounting course before earning gives quality learning with a career boost in accounting. With the new regulatory and compliance requirements, application of GST and statutory accounting in the business, taxation professionals is evolving at a rapid pace. Companies are adapting new software and trained resources to meet their technical job requirements. The Business Accounting and Taxation course gives exposure to widely used GST compliant software, web portals, utility files and reports to help grow and succeed in accounting and taxation career.
The accounting and taxation course helps to enhance analytical skills and offers a solid base and professional competence in all aspects of accounting & business taxation.
There are list of career options that can be chosen after completion of the course:
- Financial Advisor
- Tax Collector
- Chief Financial Officer
- Tax Consultant
- Tax Accountant
- Corporate Tax Advisor
- Wealth Manager
With this growing demand a career in accounting and taxation will prepare to bag an excellent salary package. Every industry requires a finance professional, the ones that help manage the monetary side of the business and guide the new strategy to make it better.
A diploma in accounting and taxation from a reputed institute, will prepare to pursue any of the job profiles. However, if a deeper understanding of any particular domain is required, there are courses available for that as well.
For GST specialists, the course that is to be considered is GST Practitioner Training and Certification Course. Such programmes are available across India. Such options help to become a master in niche domains.
Henry Harvin’s Certified Accounting and Taxation Course (CATP) covers all the topics that are required in today’s financial business operations
Q1. Is there any fixed time schedule or month as to when to start the course.?
A1. Most of the course starts frequently and after enrolment you can start the course.
Q2. I have missed a few Henry Harvin’s classes. How can I cover my course?
A2. There are video recordings available for all the classes conducted, you can anytime refer to those and thus come back to the faculty for any doubts.
Q3. Before enrolment is there any class I can like a demo class .?
A3. There is an option for Demo class in some of the courses.
PMP® Certification With
98.8% Pass Rate in PMP® Exam Protected by 100% Money-Back Guarantee | PMP® certification is the gold standard for Project Management professionals.
Agile Project Management
An exclusively designed Program by professionals working in international firms across San Francisco, Colombo, Melbourne and Hong Kong. Become eligible for sought-after Agile & Scrum Professional jobs in Fortune 500 Companies by gaining hallmark of a quality certification on Agile Project Management.
Accounting and Taxation Course
The Certified Accounting and Taxation Course (CATP) covers critical components of Accounting like GST, Income Tax, and TDS which have a crucial bearing on the modalities of Financial business operations in India. The CATP course is earmarked for professionals keen on building a successful career in Accounting and Taxation.Explore Popular Category