In today’s world of ever-changing economies and increasing competition, businessmen throughout the world are looking for methods to boost their careers.
One common way of doing this is by earning an MBA degree. However, these courses are often very time-consuming and people working full time may find it difficult to participate. And secondly, these programs are not meant for teenagers.
Fortunately, many institutions have started offering mini-MBA programs which are an alternative to a traditional MBA program.
WHAT ARE MINI MBA PROGRAMS?
Mini MBAs are a popular way for gaining business knowledge without the time commitment or fees of an MBA degree. They focus on similar topics in business management to an MBA and cover the knowledge you need to enhance your career in a more affordable and flexible way.
A mini MBA program is a graduate-level business program offered through colleges, universities and business schools. This program however, does not result in a degree. Graduates get a professional credential, usually a certificate at the end.
There are various mini-MBA programs and though all of them have a diverse curriculum, there are some basic things that students can expect to learn in all programs. All programs teach students the fundamentals of business which includes business frameworks, models and other drivers that lead to the success of an organization.
These programs focus on the tools and skills required to be a successful leader of a business empire like strategic thinking, problem-solving strategies, cross-function in workplaces, negotiating skills, proper networking and so many more. To learn more about what mini-MBAs are like, check out this article https://www.londontfe.com/blog/What-is-a-Mini-MBA-
TOP 5 MINI MBA SKILLS FOR TEENS
- Team management: no person can build a business empire all on their own. Almost every big, successful business and company today is controlled and run by a team of people. Team management is one of the first few skills mini-MBA programs emphasize and teach students. Without good team management, the future and success of a business can be short-lived if no one is looking after long-term strategy. It brings in more experience and a diverse range of skills, helping to drive the founders’ vision forward, making long-term success possible.
- Critical thinking: Business leaders take major decisions every day, from hiring and firing to reviewing financial reports, board meetings, and handling public relations crises. And these are the areas where critical thinking comes into play. It ensures that you have the best solution to any problem that comes your way, something that will save your money and time. Mini-MBAs teaches students how to think analytically, measure the advantages and disadvantages of a particular situation, and then make a decision that is in their best interest.
- Leadership skills: it doesn’t matter if you are a teenager or a business professional, leading a team is challenging for everyone. This skill, however, is one of the most important skills in the business world, and mini-MBA programs equip students with the knowledge and confidence to lead and manage in a fast-moving and complex work environment. Strong leaders help an organization to increase productivity and reach its full potential whereas weak leadership only puts the health of the business in jeopardy.
- Communication skills: starting a business and investing money is not enough for achieving success. Businesses have to be marketed and promoted and this is where the importance of communication skills comes in, something that cannot be substituted with money. Communication skills are needed to speak confidently in front of a wide variety of people while maintaining body posture, demonstrate a varied vocabulary and to present your ideas effectively.
- Decision making: Decision-making is a vital part of any business and a key function of its success. Any decision made in a company is important and requires careful thought and planning, no matter how small it may be. Your team will only trust you and rely on you when they feel your decisions are leading to the betterment of the business. Having the ability to make a quick, yet good decision is imperative not only in business but in all life situations. Decisions affect the working of your business, strategy, and performance every day so it is vital that you make the right ones for your company.
EXAMPLES OF MINI-MBAs FOR TEENS
- Rutgers mini-MBA business essentials: as the name suggests, this program focuses on essential business topics such as business law, business strategy, marketing, leadership, project management, international business, and more. The program lasts about 12-weeks and costs approximately $5000. For more information, check out their official website https://www.business.rutgers.edu/executive-education/business-essentials
- The University of Notre Dame’s Mendoza College of Business– the university offers a three-course executive certificate in business administration that focuses on fundamental topics that are usually covered in a traditional MBA program. The course in 100% online and lasts about 8 weeks.
- Pepperdine mini-MBA certificate: The Graziadio School of Business and Management at Pepperdine University offers a mini-MBA course that is about 10-weeks long. Students get the opportunity to explore up to 10 various business topics which are not only limited to accounting, economics, finance, and marketing but ventures way deeper into the business world. The program costs around $6000.
A mini-MBA program is a great learning opportunity for all the young businessmen/women out there who wish to build their own business empire someday.
Besides all the basics of the business world, these programs also inculcate important skills and lessons like the ones I have mentioned above, team management, communication skills and so many more, in teenagers that will not only help them in their business careers but also in their everyday life.
Program ’21 - Analytics
A comprehensive 2-month long industry-oriented training & internship program aims to help undergrads, grads, executive professionals to get started with the field of Analytics & Data Science and gain industrial experience.
Teen MBA: Online Summer
Program for Teenagers
Certified Business Analytics Practitioner (CBAP) course is a focused 32-hours instructor-led training and certification program that equips participants to explore+analyze+solve business problems using popular analytics tools such as R & Advanced Excel.Explore Popular Category