Table of Contents
If you want to learn more about how to get a medical coding certificate and wish to attend school entirely online. The Best Ten online Medical Coding Courses online programs are listed below.
Learn a new profession without having to leave your existing job–or even your home. Most of us visit the doctor and suffer through an unpleasant procedure and return home with a long bill.
We don’t think about what happens in between, from the doctor’s notes in the mailbox. The medical coder is the one who considers it.
Medical offices, hospitals, and clinics all throughout the world require detail-oriented individuals who are computer savvy.
They must take these intricate operation notes for submitting appropriate claims to the insurance company for reimbursement.
Basics of Medical Coding Courses online
Students can get a credential online that will prepare them for entry-level work in a variety of industries. All of the schools on this list prepare students to take and pass one of the national medical coding tests. Graduates with this credential stand out in the field, allowing them to grow faster.
Why not earn credit for courses that are five times the price of a four-year university?
The few public and private universities that made this list all have something unique to offer.
Their excellent reputation and ability to pay graduates well implies that their online Medical Coding Courses Online programs may compete in terms of value with community college tuition rates.
Benefits of Medical Coding Certificate:
Medical coding as a career is on the rise; according to some predictions, the number of jobs in this industry will grow by up to 14% by 2026.
Many of the programs on this list are finished in 12 months and provide 100% online instruction. Aside from these shared characteristics, each of these programs, schools are regionally certified, and many of them provide rolling admission.
This means that you can begin training for a new career and earn a medical coding salary at any time.
Some of the most economical certificate programs come directly from community colleges’ online programs.
Given the escalating expense of tuition at many four-year institutions, earning a professional credential from a recognized two-year institution may make more sense in some cases.
An institution with providing Maximum Value:
The hardest part of starting a new career path is sometimes cutting down the number of potential schools to explore. We intend to assist folks with locating that elusive beginning place. Our slogan is “Value for Money,” and we don’t just mean finding the cheapest package.
The shortest length program between your current pay point and the one you want may be the finest way to get the best return on your investment.
This program with the best reputation will help your resume impresses potential employers.
Below is a walkthrough of several fantastic programs that you may not be aware of.
The list is your best buddy if you’re looking for the best online options for acquiring a Medical Coding and Billing Certificate.
Top 10 Medical Coding Courses Online
1. Henry Harvin:
Students from different streams have benefited from the institution. For the Medical Coding Course, get a 1-year Gold Membership to Henry Harvin® Writing Academy.
The Certified Billing and Coding Specialist Exam, The American Health Information Management Association’s (AHIMA) Certified Coding Associate Exam, and The American Academy of Professional Coders’ (AAPC) Certified Professional Coder Exam are all not linked with the schools (CCA). Let’s look at the Medical Coding Course provided here:
Medical coding (CPC) Training
Medical Coding and Medical Terminology: Anatomy, Diseases, Procedures, Diagnostic Tools, Tests, and Treatments are all covered in this Medical Training Course. Understand key concepts like ICD-10-CM (International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, Clinical Modification), CPT (Current Procedural Terminology), and HCPCS (Health Care Professionals Coding System) (Healthcare Common Procedural Coding System).
These matrices used for the ranking order:
- Graduate outcomes based on collegescorecard.ed.gov program
- Pricing according to program website
- Repute according to niche.com
Features of this course:
- 90 hours of live online interactive sessions with the training.
- Projects: Projects in the disciplines of HCPCS, ICD-10 CM, CPT, and many others are available.
- Internship: Assist with internships to obtain hands-on experience with Medical Coding Training Course.
- Get a Certificate of Completion for Medical Coding Training from Henry Harvin®, a Govt. Of India-recognized and award-winning institute, and show off your knowledge.
- Placement: There is no such thing as a bad placement. After successful completion, a one-year guarantee is provided.
- Learning provides access to a wide range of tools and techniques with other resources.
- Regular Bootcamps in 12 months.
- Access to #AskHenry Hackathons and Competitions is free.
Trainers at Henry Harvin
- Experts in this field.
- Many organizations acknowledge their efforts with our training partners.
- As the keynote speaker for 150 health coding courses, they have given over 350 conferences. They are employed at the Henry Harvin Academy.
Become a member of Henry Harvin’s Elite Writing Academy® and join a global alumni network of over 3,00,000 people.
Gold Membership Benefits
- E-learning Access through recorded Videos, Games, Projects, and CPDSPe Studies is available through the Writing Academy.
- One-year of Free Bootcamp Sessions
- Earn the prestigious Henry Harvin® Alumni status and join the prestigious 3,00,000+ alumni worldwide.
- Internships with Henry Harvin or partner firms.
- Opportunity to participate in industry projects.
- Learn a lot about medical terminologies and how to use them.
Benefits of Learning
- Learn how to divide and combine tough medical terminology, including eponyms, acronyms, homophones, and antonyms.
- Recognize Medical Symbols, Abbreviations, and Plural Words
- The significance of documentation in medical records with the numerous dictation formats.
- Learning to maintain confidentiality.
- ICD-10-CM Coding System’s actual coding process and history.
- To code numerous illnesses, parasitic disorders, and neoplasms.
- Learn everything there is to know about V-codes, E-codes, and ICD-10-CM coding in this practical course.
Awards and Recognitions
- Affiliated with American Association of EFL, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, MSME, UKAF, UKCert, Project Management Institute (PMI), and ISO 29990:2010 certified Reviews:
- Winner of Top Corporate Training Award, Game-Based Learning Company of the Under 40 Business World Award Affiliated with American Association of EFL, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, MSME, UKAF, UKCert, Project Management Institute (PMI), and ISO 29990:2010 certified
- There are over 1400 Google reviews and 200 Youtube testimonials with a 4.5+ rating. Goabroad, Trustpilot, GoOverseas, and other sites have given it a rating.
Course Types, Benefits & Fees:
To know more information about fee structure please check it here:-
Cities in India where Henry Harvin medical coding course is provided:
Other Courses Provided by Henry Harvin:
- Medical Writing Course
- Emergency Medical Technician Course
- Operation Theatre Technician Course
- Medical Laboratory Technician Course
The perks of the course at Henry Harvin :
Benefits for the career:
- Exposure to Millions of Jobs in the Medical Coding Field Around the World
- Hired by international brands in the industry after completion of the Medical Coding Courses. Earn a lot of money as a freelancer or as a full-time professional.
- Technical and professional growth will help you improve your CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Promoted in your current position with the most in-demand skills.
- With the Course Completion Certification of Medical Coding Training Course, you can distinguish your profile and demonstrate your skills.
- Job security is confirmed prospects for advancement. Professionals are being guided with deep understanding and unwavering ethics.
2. American Health Information Management Association – Medical Coding Institute in Online
Contact Number – (312) 233-1100
The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) offers eight health information certification programs with good industry reputations. Higher-level certificates with the Registered Health Information Technician Exam plays a significant role. These higher-level certification courses have substantial expertise.
- Credential is highly recognized in the industry.
- Through an approved school, it provides an academic context.
- Provides a self-paced, at-home study option.
- There is a fee for the exam.
The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is an accreditation organization that sets medical recording standards founded in 1928. There are 52 state associations and around 103,000 members in the organization.
Medical Records Management provides professional facility coding and documentation improvement with privacy and security are offered.
Inpatient and outpatient coding are taught in the certification programs help in hospital facilities.
3. Hutchinson Community College – Medical Coding Training in Online
Contact Number – +1 620-665-3500
A Healthcare Coding Specialist Certificate is available to students interested in a career in medical coding and billing. The online curriculum is 45 credit hours long and takes three semesters to finish.
- A Healthcare Coding Specialist Certificate from Hutchinson Community College is an affordable option.
- On-campus and online classes are available.
- There isn’t a self-paced option available.
Most credits acquired in this program are transferable to the Health Information Management Associate in Applied Science degree for individuals who choose to continue their studies.
Prior academic performance as a high school graduate with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale for the final six semesters of high school, a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale for a minimum of 12 semester hours of college, or a minimum GED average standard score of 58 is the only requirement for enrollment in the programme.
4. American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) –
Contact Number – (801) 236-2200
The American Academy of Professional Coders had a good internet reputation among graduate students. It provides a wide selection of classes at extremely low pricing, and its website contains a vast knowledge base with a variety of tools to assist in their academic future. With 200,000 members, AAPC is the world’s largest healthcare training and certifying association.
- Online and Offline training
- Assistance with finding work
- Some financial aid is available for courses and certifications, they can be costly.
The AAPC offers a wide range of certification courses at a variety of prices. Students can participate in any degree of learning, from taking a certification exam to enrolling in a full course load.
Networking, guidance, and an online apprenticeship to provide practical experience are all advantages of learning through the AAPC.
Physician and outpatient coding is the emphasis of AAPC certification programs, suited to doctor’s offices, clinics, and other outpatient settings.
The AAPC offers a wide range of certification courses at a variety of prices. Students can participate in any degree of learning, from taking a certification exam to enrolling in a full course
5. Florida Agriculture and Mechanical University –
The medical Coding curriculum is available online and gives accreditation. Students can do homework at their own pace thanks to the asynchronous structure. The school recommends working through three modules at a time, each with three courses. Students will get a Medical Coding Certificate of Completion after finishing the program.
- The self-paced medical coding program at Florida A&M allows busy students to learn on their own time.
- Self-paced program is available.
- reputable institution
- There aren’t always courses available every semester.
- Prerequisites for the courses to be completed.
6. University of Cincinnati –
- Students can achieve an Associate’s degree in just one year with UC Online’s curriculum, which prepares them for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) and Certified Coding Associate (CCA) tests.
- 100% online programme with full-time and part-time alternatives
- Students who successfully finish the programme are eligible to transfer to an Associate’s degree programme.
- There isn’t a self-paced path available.
The curriculum is not self-paced. With full-time attendance, students can complete the certificate in as little as 12 months. Students can take the CCA or CPC national certification exams after completing the program, or they can go on to the Associate Degree Program in Health Information Systems.
UC’s medical billing and coding program require a high school diploma or equivalent. Graduates of UC courses are the norm to pass the RHIA exam.
7. Indiana University –
Contact Number – +1 812-855-4848
- Indiana University’s School of Information and Computing’s medical coding certification program combines classroom training with practical practice in a hospital setting.
- One-on-one coaching is available.
- Career services are available.
- The program’s prerequisites to be complete
- There isn’t a self-paced path available.
The affiliation of the institute with Purdue University and Indiana University. Indiana University’s School of Information and Computing, and offers a remote medical coding certification program. It’s a 28-credit-hour curriculum that’s completely online and asynchronous. Students who complete the certificate program will be qualified to take the CCA exam.
There are various prerequisites for the Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) Undergraduate Certificate in Medical Coding program. You must complete Physiology and Anatomy for Health Care Management.
8. Transorze Solutions –
Contact NUMBER – +91 949 583 3319
- A reputable institution based in Trivandrum, Kerala, India, that has been delivering medical transcription, medical coding, and medical scribing training.
- An ISO 9001:2015 accredited organization that specializes in “Healthcare BPO” training and placement.
- The process of growing and expanding its activities, with ambitions to open more knowledge centers in Kerala and the rest of India
- 100% placement assistance
- Online and offline teaching methodology
- Best institute for HBPO training
- Training provided by industry experts
- Best infrastructure in the industry
- Curriculum as per international standards
9. Resolve Medicose –
Contact Number – +91 8148452460
- The Best Online Medicode Courses and Training is good news for prospective candidates.
- Our world-class learning environment with ties with various health institutes and multinational corporations, will assist you in preparing for a successful career.
- Billing training which is accurate, dependable, and objective.
- Medical Coding is a welcoming environment with a heavy emphasis on student support.
- The entire objective was to report demand-driven along with the most in-demand courses in the market to solve medical coding and training.
- Comes with the goal of ensuring the long-term transformation of learning and developing your abilities.
This is a well-known and top-rated medical code certification facility. Jobs are outsourced by developing countries as the healthcare industry is overloaded. The employment is challenging. Every day, new technology and health concepts emerge. Our educational institutions have a significant impact on the advancement of medical knowledge.
10. Academy of Medical Coders –
Contact Number – 085878 38177
- We stand for quality, honesty, and care. Our instructors with UAE expertise in Medical Coding,
- Health Information Management (HIM), and Medical Auditing will assist you in establishing a profession in this industry, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We are constantly being prepared for a brighter future for coding in India, as we are determined to prosper
- Approved by the Quality Council of India within the Indian government.
- IGMPI Certifications affiliated with the National Skill Development Corporation.
- Life Sciences Sector Skills Council (SSC) and Food Industry Sector Skills Council, indicate your professional success and proficiency, leading to professional credentialing.
- Highly modern laboratory facility approved by the Delhi government and certified by ISO 9001:2008.
- A robust and proactive placement.
- Top 10 Medical Coding Courses In Bangalore With Eligibility And Scope
- Top 12 Medical Coding Courses in Mumbai
- Top 12 Medical coding courses in Delhi
- Top 10 Medical Coding Books to Boost your Medical Career
- Top 30 Medical Coding Interview Questions and answers
Ans. Medical coding is the conversion of healthcare services such as diagnosis, medical treatments, and equipment into an alphanumeric code that is internationally recognised.
The diagnosis and medical procedure codes are taken from medical records that have been documented.
These contain, among other things, physician’s notes transcription, radiographic and laboratory reports.
Ans. A healthcare organization’s revenue flow is dependent on the recorded records of what was agreed and done.
As a result, documentation of a patient’s visit is crucial in terms of payments and improving future service delivery. Once a patient’s file is opened, it will follow them through all of their subsequent complaints and treatments, therefore it must be fully comprehended.
Ans. Medical coding is done by a qualified and certified medical coder. The process of medical coding begins with a review of the physician’s notes from the previous day’s batch of patients.
Ans. Instead of hiring in-house coders, several medical facilities hire coders who work from home.
This type of outsourcing allows you to pay for only what you require at the time you require it. Remote medical coders labour outside of the health facility for which they are paid.
Ans. Medical coding is required as part of a health facility’s regulatory and contractual obligations.
Medical practises must protect patient information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The ICD-10, which provides uniform diagnostic codes, is also included in the HIPAA guidelines.