Table of Contents
Medical coding has become a demanding career in the healthcare industry today. High-skilled medical coders are necessary for a health care system to function effectively. When a patient is admitted to a hospital, medical coders will review their files and convert their diagnosis and reports to a specific set of codes.
This will help the patients in getting reimbursement from the insurance companies for their medical treatment. Many institutes are offering Medical coding course now. It helps individuals to have so many choices.
This article will be discussing the Top 12 Medical coding courses in Mumbai.
1. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin provides Medical coding courses in Mumbai which is an all-inclusive package of Anatomy, diseases, procedures, etc.., The students from Henry Harvin will be able to master the 3 main sets of code in medical coding which are:
- CPT (Current Procedure Terminology)
- ICD 10 CM (International Classification of Diseases 10th Revision Clinical Manual)
- HCPCS (Health Care Procedural Coding System)
Students will learn from industry experts with 15+ years of working experience. Henry Harvin has a 4.5+ rating on Trustpilot, 1400+ google reviews, and 200+ youtube testimonials.
Why should I choose Henry Harvin?
- Henry Harvin provides 90 hours of live online interactive classes which enable students to clarify their doubts.
- Students will gain hands-on practise by working on various projects under ICD 10 CM, HCPCS, CPT, etc.
- Internship assistance will be given to all students to gain experience in medical coding.
- Students will get a Government of India recognized course completion certificate from Henry Harvin.
- Henry Harvin provides a 100% placement guarantee after successful completion of the course for 1 year.
- Henry Harvin conducts many competitions and students will get access to that.
- Students will gain access to free Bootcamp sessions for 1 year.
- In case students missed a class it will be uploaded on their e-learning portal and they will get access to recorded lessons and other learning materials.
Apart from the above points, students will get extensive knowledge on various topics such as:
- Medical Terminologies and their usage
- Medical words
- Special terms like acronyms, eponymous, homophone, and antonyms.
- Common Medical abbreviations
- Medical symbols
- The key role of documentation
- Confidentiality with medical records
- The actual coding process of the ICD-10-CM coding system
- Coding various infections, parasitic diseases, and neoplasms
- Learn about V-codes, E codes, etc.
The fee structure at Henry Harvin:
Henry Harvin has two types of fee structures.
- Lifetime support and access
- 24×7 lifetime free upgrade
- Everything is self-paced plus
- 1-year gold membership
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly Bootcamp sessions
- Attend unlimited Live sessions in membership
- Get recordings of all batches for a lifetime
Henry Harvin suggests choosing a live online classroom option. No-cost EMI options are also available for students who need financial assistance.
Course Types, Benefits & Fees:
To know more information about fee structure please check it here:-
Cities in India where Henry Harvin medical coding course is provided:
Other Courses Provided by Henry Harvin:
- Medical Writing Course
- Emergency Medical Technician Course
- Operation Theatre Technician Course
- Research Writing Course
- Content Writing Course
2. ODYSSEY INFORMATICS:
Odyssey informatics started as a Medical Transcription Production unit in 2000. They have about 20 years of experience in Medical Transcription. They specialise in providing Medical coding courses in Mumbai (both online and offline), Certified Professional Coder Training, and Medical billing training. Its headquarters is located in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
They claim to be having 100% in clearing certificate exams. They also provide online training to American students. Training is their core work. They also conduct classroom sessions in California, UAE, and Dubai.
Why Odyssey Informatics:
Odyssey Informatics provides
- Online Training – It enables its students to learn anywhere at any time.
- Classroom Training – CPC certified trainers conduct classes for three hours every Saturday and Sunday.
- Medical Transcription Training – Odyssey Informatics provides Medical Transcription training too.
- Odyssey Informatics has a dedicated placement cell for its students and also tie-ups all across India, UAE, United States, and Canada.
- Internships are designed in a way where students can learn live medical coding courses through software.
Fees structure at Odyssey Informatics:
- Sponsorship program – It is specially offered to aspirants to attend the exam training, exam booking, and also to get study materials. Its duration is 3 months and costs around Rs. 76,599. Under this program, students will get the following:
- CPC exam booking
- CPC exam training
- Medical coding training
- Human anatomy and Medical terminology
- Mock papers
- Apart from CPC exam booking, students will get all other things mentioned in the scholarship program. Its duration is 3 months and it costs Rs. 30,000/.
- Medical billing training will be provided along with the things mentioned in the second point for the cost of Rs. 40,000/. Its duration is 4 months.
Cities where Odyssey Informatics provides Medical coding courses:
- Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) MedPro AMERICA
Medpro America Healthcare solution provides training to individuals and also helps with their placement. They aim to satisfy the trainees and give the best to them.
The trainers in MedPro are well experienced and certified professionals. Their batch size is limited to enable the students to interact effectively during the class.
A dedicated team is there to provide placement assistance to students. They trained more than 4000+ coders with 14 years of excellence in the field.
Why MedPro America?
They help students to attend classes at their flexible timings. Both week-days and weekend training are available which provide classroom training, door-step training, online training, and corporate training.
Students will have 24/7 support through both chat and call and they respond to queries quickly. They have well-experienced trainers and placement assistance will be given.
They are the pioneers in the medical coding field. USA-certified trainers are also present.
Cities where MedPro America is located:
Other Courses provided by MedPro America:
- Clinical Research
- HIPAA / HL7
- UAE Medical coding
- CPC certification
4. RESOLVE MEDICODE:
Resolve medical coding course in Mumbai is an ISO 9001:2005 certified institute. They provide training with certification and assist with placement. Candidates passed through Resolve Medicode are placed in top MNCs. Apart from education, they provide various services in the healthcare industry which include:
- Medical billing
- Revenue recovery
- Pharmacovigilance services
- Clinical trial management services
- Clinical data management system
- Clinical research – SMO services
Why Resolve Medicode?
- It is one of the best medical coding training institutes in India.
- Students will learn from highly skilled professionals in the field.
- They are one of the top medical coding training institutes with USA-certified trainers in the field.
Resolve Medicode’s courses in Medical Coding:
- Basic Medical Coding (CPC-A)
- Advanced Certification in Medical Coding (CPC)
Study Materials offered:
- Training manual including Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology
- Sample exam question papers and previous years’ question papers
Other training/ courses provided by Resolve Medicode:
- Pharmacovigilance course
- Clinical Research courses
- Regulatory affairs courses
- Medical writing and clinical data management training
Branches of Resolve Medicode:
5. Medesun Healthcare Solutions:
Medesun Healthcare Solutions provides medical coding courses in Mumbai through online mode. Students will learn the basics of Medical coding.
After completing the online training, a final AAPC or AHIMA exam will be conducted for the students.
The course is designed to make students 100% ready for the exam. They provide quality education and affordable training which is their mission.
Its mission also includes creating manpower to face the challenges that arise in the healthcare industry.
What will I gain from Medesun’s Online training:
- Medical Terminology Videos
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Coding
- ICD-10 CM Coding [Diagnosis]-2020
- CPT Coding [Procedures/Surgeries]-2020
- HCPCS Coding [Supplies/ Drugs]
- Medical Coding Advanced Level with hundreds of Practice Questions
- Medical Billing in Detail CMS-1500
- Clearing House
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Denial Management
- AR work (Working on Denial and Rejections)
- Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE
- Workers Compensation
- NPI, CLIA
- HIPAA Privacy and Security
- Revenue Cycle Management/PQRI
- Sample files for Coding and Billing (Job Oriented)
- 5 Mock Exams-2020
- They have about 16 years of teaching experience.
- More than 5000 students got trained and certified by this institution.
- About 45 trained teachers are there.
Medes provides Fastrack courses that students can finish within 45 days and as long as 3 months are also available.
Featured courses at Medesun Healthcare:
- Comprehensive Medical Coding and billing
- AHIMA CCS/ AAPC CPMA Training/ HL 7
- Medical coding Specialty training
- Other countries coding
Other services at Medesun Healthcare solutions:
- Corporate training
- Consultancy services
- Revenue cycle management services
- Medical coding Auditing
- EM Auditing
- CPC and AHIMA CCS exam preparation
- Training the trainer for medical coding
Nexax provides medical coding courses in Mumbai through online classes. They claim that their pride is in teaching. They provide speciality medical coding training in Kolkata. They provide 10 specialist certification courses. The courses are self-paced, and students can get flexibility in their schedules.
They provide free books along with a course package. They are starting new batches every Monday. They say that they will train the students for the CPC certification exam in just nine days.
Training/ Courses provided at Nexax:
- Medical coding and billing – Nexax provides medical coding courses at affordable prices. They provide 100 per cent placement assistance. Students will get the opportunity to attend interviews with top MNCs located in Hyderabad, India, Australia, and Saudi Arabia.
- CPC certification – It enables students to provide high-quality coding services to their clients to their satisfaction.
- Australian Clinical Coding- They give hardcopy of the materials in sets of 5 books.
7. Skyline groups – Academy of Medical Coding and Medical billing and Placement Institute:
Skyline Group is a renowned AAPC partner, and one of the few organizations registered in USA, UAE, and India.
They have grown into RCM by providing healthcare solutions. serviced by their main aim is to enable individuals and their customers to find their best fit through the latest technology.
They want to be recognized as a premium service provider. Its mission is to make a livelihood for individuals in their careers and provide satisfaction for its clients.
8. Star IT Technologies:
Star IT Technology provides medical coding courses in Mumbai. It is located in Thane, Andheri, and Kandivali in Mumbai. They train students in CPC and COC certification with placement assistance. They offer study materials, mock exams, and techniques to attend the CPC certification exam.
9. National Institute of Medical Coding:
National Institute of Medical coding provides online medical coding courses in Mumbai. Their headquarters is located in Kerala.
They are the leading institute for medical coding courses. Their curriculum is of international quality and they update it from time to time.
NIMC was started with the main purpose of improving employment among Indian graduates.
Even candidates from non-life science graduates can easily learn this medical coding course by their teaching approach.
Key features of the National Institute of Medical coding course:
- They have 10+ years of experience in the field of Medical coding.
- They provide customised materials for students to learn the medical coding course.
- Students can learn according to their flexibility and 24/7 access to the learning materials is also provided.
- They also provide training on soft skills, personality development, and leadership skills focusing on the candidates’ holistic development.
- They provide various quizzes and also AAPC mock tests for the students to practice.
NIMC provides medical coding courses at:
10. Genus Healthcare solutions:
Genus Healthcare solutions have about 20 years of experience in the US and Indian Healthcare industry. They are equipped with high-end software and technologies to provide high-quality training to individuals.
They provide training to individuals who want to pursue medical coding and also help them in getting placement. They provide online medical coding courses in Mumbai.
Why Genus Healthcare solutions?
Students will be taught Professional medical coding training which covers the three main coding manuals.
- ICD 10 CM
Duration will vary depending on the individual. They provide 80 hours of training for experienced candidates and 120 hours for candidates who will be new to the medical coding field. CPC certification by AAPC will be provided to students. They also provide 30 days of special training dedicated to getting jobs.
11. IGMPI – Academy of Medical Coders India:
Academy of Medical coders provides online medical coding courses in Mumbai. They provide a globally accessible platform through literature, case studies, articles, newsletters etc. Academy of Medical Coders India is a constituent of the Institute of Goods Manufacturing Practices India (IGMPI).
The medical coding courses are approved by the Quality Council of India (QCI), Government of India. They provide courses through regular classrooms as well as online mode and distance education.
Programmes offered at ACMI:
- CPC training
- Research at IGMPI
- Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Coding
- Industry certificate in Medical Coding
- Executive Diploma in Medical Coding
IGMPI is affiliated with:
- Life Sciences Sector Skills Council (SSC)
- Food Industry Sectors Skills Council set up by National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC)
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
12. Apex Medcom:
Apex Medcom provides online medical coding courses in Mumbai. They have more than 10 years of experience in providing both online and onsite training for CPC certification in Medical Coding.
About 1200+ students had completed their CPC certification from this institute and many of them scored 80 per cent in their examination.
Their headquarters is located in Bangalore. Weekend batches and online training are provided to students.
- Certified and experienced trainers
- Individual attention is given to maintaining quality education
- For students who want to learn centesis, a foundation course of Basic terminology and Anatomy and Physiology.
- Free study materials will be provided
- For online sessions, a limited number of students will be admitted.
After 2 to 3 months of completing the training, Apex Medcom will help the students to take their exam for CPC certification. It costs approximately $400 to $700 to take the exam. This may vary as per the dollar rate.
Exam fees will be paid directly to AAPC. If you want to know updated fees for the exam, you can visit www.aapc.com.
Future of Medical Coding in India:
The advancements in computer-assisted coding had made medical coding an easy job across the world. So, the need for medical coders will keep increasing and their demand will be high.
Since the covid pandemic, the healthcare industry has seen tremendous growth in its business.
Around 80 per cent of healthcare-related businesses in the USA are delegated to India. This contributes to Indi being the second-largest healthcare outsourcing destination.
It is expected that jobs in the medical coding industry will be increased by 13 per cent in 2026 compared to other jobs.
13. Magnet Medical Coding Solutions
Magnet Medical coding Solutions is the most rapidly expanding institute for the Medical coding course in Mumbai. This institute’s Medical Coding course is designed to prepare aspirants for a career as a Medical Coder in the healthcare industry.
The institute assists individuals in obtaining employment as a freelancer or employees in the field of Medical coding. The institute’s course includes comprehensive R.C.M.
Moreover, the institute offers both live online and offline classes. You will get a flexible schedule for classes at your convenience.
Medical Coding course fees:48000
14. Elate Academy
Elate Academy is ranked as the top Medical Coding Institution in Mumbai. The institute teaches the fundamentals of Medical coding to prepare its students for certification and assist them in obtaining a better position in the Medical coding industry.
This learning portal offers online training that provides students with study materials, interactive lectures, sample exams, etc.
Medical Coding course fees: 38900
15. AOP Training Institute
AOP Training Institute is one of the most reputable training institutions for the Medical coding course in Mumbai. The institute’s primary objective is to provide accurate and trustworthy information to Medical coding students. The institute also emphasises students’ development of self-assurance and new Medical coding expertise.
The institute offers a Medical coding programme that is 100 per cent certified and job-focused. Trainers are medical coding specialists in top medical companies. The objective of the training is to pass the CPC exams.
The institute offers corporate training services utilising the most effective global teaching techniques. Corporate training necessitates the use of all-inclusive, efficient learning tools. Moreover, the institute provides training in real-world healthcare projects.
Medical Coding course fees: 42000
Cigma Medical coding Academy is regarded as the best Medical Coding Institution in Mumbai. The institute assists the novice in becoming an experienced medical coder. The institute offers both classroom and online training. Students will get expert instruction from certified trainers of the highest calibre.
Their well-focused real-world projects prepare students for employment. Moreover, they provide 100 per cent job assistance.
Medical Coding course fees: 35000
Acusis is a premier healthcare institution for delivering the Medical Coding Institution in Mumbai. With the self-paced online training facility, they focus on e-learning Medical coding courses. They offer practical and sustainable home-based Medical coding courses in India, the United States, and the Philippines.
The institute offers a self-paced online course to produce qualified Medical coding professionals. Besides, the students will gain an in-depth understanding of Medical Coding following the US Healthcare System. Trainers are experts in the field with approximately a decade of experience in the real-time industry.
Medical Coding course fees: 45000
The City of Dreams, India’s Financial Capital, and The City That Never Sleeps are the titles associated with Mumbai. A millennium ago, Mumbai was a mixture of seven featureless islands separated by uninhabitable marshes. Mumbai today is a thriving metropolis of about 20 million people. It is the driving force behind India’s commerce and industry, and the heart of India’s fascinating Bollywood.
The city also has many educational institutions. Starting with the iconic University of Mumbai, many prestigious universities, affiliated colleges, and research institutes shape the education sector of the city.
The AAPC, formerly known as the American Academy of Professional Coders, is a global training and certification agency that supports the healthcare community. Although this is an American institute, the curriculum and training qualify among the best medical coding institute in Mumbai. Because the discussion is about the best quality medical coding courses, let’s discuss the AAPC online medical coding course in Mumbai.
A compact course, but a complete package of medical coding courses. Through AAPC training, you’ll learn the nuances of medical coding, train for certification and assessment, and put yourself on the path to a successful and financially secure career.
- The course comprises reading assignments, audio lectures, critical thinking exercises as well as other learning activities.
- In addition, you will have access to instruction and guidance from AAPC-certified trainers.
- The syllabus is divided into modules, with an assessment at the end of each module to assess your progress.
- All this is for a fraction of a college medical coding course fees.
- Unlike lengthy college courses, AAPC medical coding courses prepare you for a career within a few months.
- You can take all kinds of medical coding courses such as inpatient coding, outpatient coding, and more.
- Additionally, member benefits such as job networking and free or low-cost CEU opportunities are available.
Visit the AAPC website for a complete list of individual and/or training packages and their medical coding course fees.
19.Absolute Medical Coding Institute (AMCI)
Although it is located in Pittsburgh, USA, it ranks as one of the best medical coding institute in Mumbai. As it is a virtual educational medium, it can also be ranked as one of the best medical coding course in Mumbai.
Key highlights of the AMCI course
- Learn medical coding while preparing for exams.
- With a staff of certified instructors, AMCI is the one-stop destination for coding training for aspiring medical coders.
- With AAPC’s own trademark Test-Taking Technique (TTT), participants have become Forensic coders – the most challenging and sought-after branch in the field of medical coding.
- You can also earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through support post-certification/examinations.
Benefits of joining the AMCI course
- AMCI has produced over 4500 medical coding exam graduates.
- In addition, AMCI offers the most innovative and best curriculum/preparation in the field of medical coding.
- Their uniquely created Medical Coding Test Techniques (TTT) learning system ensures a high success rate.
- A learning management system (LMS) keeps students in constant contact with their teachers. As an AMCI graduate, you will not have to pay a dime to earn CEU. Get it free each year.
Fee and Duration
This 80-hour Professional Medical Coding course fees is USD 3,500, including textbooks, membership, and one attempt at the exam.
The next pick of Medical coding course in Mumbai is the one offered by Elate Academy. This institution is specifically the first AAPC accredited medical coding institute in Mumbai and all of India.
Besides the medical coding fundamentals, this medical coding course provides candidates with intensive exam preparation. With learning materials, over 1000 practice exams, presentations, and interactive lectures, the Elate Academy offers industry-oriented training programs that reflect current and future trends.
- Learn virtually via the AAPC portal to save time and get flexibility.
- Additionally, Elate Academy has over 60 certified trainers who have `been there done that’ for your in-depth learning.
- Also external training for hands-on clinical skills and post-completion experience. It’s free too.
- Elate Academy also offers consulting programs in stress and time management, thought leadership, and more.
Fee and Duration
Please visit elateacademy.in for more information on Medical Coding Course Fees and Duration.
The next medical coding course in Mumbai is the Medical Coding Certificate Program at the Cigma Medical Coding Academy.
Learn all the essential academic and clinical knowledge for medical coding. You will also acquire the skills and preparation necessary to become an effective medical coder. Additionally, the program’s eight modules prepare you to perform medical coding in a medical facility. Hence, it is one of the best medical coding institute in Mumbai.
Key highlights of the course
- Not just AAPC-certified trainers, but also AAPC-certified curriculum.
- Also 8 modules for a thorough study of all aspects of medical coding including anatomy, ICD coding, and CTP system coding.
- In addition, repetitive practice tests and additional AAPC exam preparation modules ensure a thorough understanding of the topic.
- This institute’s exam pass rate is 80%.
The Cigma Medical Coding Course provides:
- A virtual educational medium.
- Training with AAPC-certified trainers ensures a thorough understanding of the topic and personal attention.
- AAPC LMS tools for practical and professional training prepare applicants for the medical sector.
- Finally, placement support during and after training.
Fee and Duration
For more information on medical coding course fees and duration, please visit cigmahealthcare.in.
22.Academy of Medical Coders in India (AMCI)
A separate division of IGMPI (Institute of Good Manufacturing India), Academy of Medical Coders in India (AMCI) is the next medical coding institute in Mumbai. IGMPI is one of India’s leading consulting firms.
Academy of Medical Coders India aims to provide an open and intelligent global stage to consider upcoming issues for successful implementation of medical coding in the medical services industry.
- Prepare yourself among specialists in the business who have over 10 years experience in the medical coding industry.
- During preparation, you will receive live activities and training to follow practical methodologies for better education.
- A complete course covering all the key ideas of medical coding.
- Upon completing all aspects of this medical coding course in Mumbai, you will receive a certificate of completion.
- Full placement support is provided by the IGMPI Group and notifications of openings will be sent to your email address.
Medical coding course fees and duration
- PG Diploma – Rs. 17,500/-(500 USD)
- Executive Diploma – Rs. 15,000/-(400 USD)
- Industry Certificate – Rs. 15,000/-(400 USD)
For questions regarding duration and other information, please visit igmpiindia.or
The role of medical coders has become critical in today’s healthcare per cent. The above list is a combination of medical coding courses in Mumbai that provides both online and offline training.
However, it is the individual’s choice to choose the correct institute for them. They should compare the institutions and look for the details of training, learning materials the institute provides, and also the assistance is given for placement.
Individuals who aspire to become medical coders should have an eye for detail. A good analytical ability is also crucial for a medical coder.
- Medical Coding Course Details
- Top 10 Medical Coding Courses in India
- Top 30 Medical Coding Interview Questions
- Top 10 Medical Coding Training Courses in Chennai
- Top 12 Medical Coding Courses in Pune
Q1 What are the eligibility criteria for medical coding?
Ans. The minimum qualification required is 12th std and an associate degree
Life science graduates
– Graduates from medical and paramedical fields
Q2 Whether graduates from Ayurvedic, Homoeopathy, and Siddha are eligible to pursue medical coding?
Ans. Yes, these medical graduates are also eligible to apply for medical coding.
Q3 Should I undergo training to get a job?
Ans. Many companies prefer trained graduates because being a medical coder is a demanding job in which analytical ability is essential.
Q4 What is the pay package for a medical coder?
Ans. In India, the salary for a medical coder usually varies from 4 to 6 lacs per year.
Q5 What is the best medical coding institute in India?
Ans. It has to be the individual’s choice to select the best institute that suits one’s choice.
Q6 Can I work as a freelancer after completing medical coding?
Ans. Yes, many companies are now offering freelance as well as work-from-home jobs because the demand for medical coders is increasing.
Q7 Can I learn medical coding on my own?
One can learn medical coding on their own, but if one wants to get a job certification is essential.