“GST is a tribute to the maturity and wisdom of India’s democracy.”
Kolkata, formerly called Calcutta, was the capital of India till 1912. It is an educational, industrial, and cultural hub in India’s eastern part. The city is also known as the ‘City of Joy.’ It is a domicile of the Calcutta Stock Exchange, the second oldest stock exchange owned by the Indian government in South Asia.
Various institutes provide extract information concerning GST and its multiple aspects.
If you are seeking career growth or a beginner in economics, then the GST courses listed below will help you.
Before going into the listicles, let us learn what is GST?
What is GST?
GST stands for Goods and Services Tax. It took effect in India from 1st July 2017. GST is a comprehensive tax system that ousts indirect taxes (such as central excise duty, service taxes, entertainment taxes, VAT, purchase taxes, luxury taxes, etc.) In India.
GST is levied on those goods and services supplied for national consumption. The customers who purchase goods and services pay GST and the government remits it from the businesses supplying these goods and services.
Now that we known the succinct information about the GST, let us walk through the various institutes providing the GST courses in Kolkata.
Rank#1: Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin is the popular institute for providing the GST certification course in Kolkata. The institute has been awarded the Best Corporate Training Platform by Entrepreneur Education Innovation. The institute provides the highly valued Learning Management System (LMS).
Henry Harvin’s GST course leads the chart as it is Ranked 1 in the GST training industry by BestCourseNews.com. Henry Harvin ranks among the top institute in India for the GST course. The organization provides 100% practical GST training to the trainees. Henry Harvin is the first and the oldest institute to initiate the GST course in India in December 2016.
Salient Features of GST Course at Henry Harvin
- Course name: GST Certification Course
- Duration: 32 hours
- Module 1:
- Supply or Levy
- Place of Supply
- Value of Supply
- Export & Import
- E-Way Bills
- Module 2:
- Input Tax Credit & ITC04
- Transitional Provisions
- Job Work
- Module 3:
- Account & Records
- Invoice, Tax Payments
- Time of Supply
- Module 4:
- Litigation Management
- Audit & Assessments
- Offenses & Penalties
- Demand & Recovery
- Complimentary Module 1:
- Soft Skills Training
- Complimentary Module 2:
- Resume Writing
- Covering the length and breadth of the topic
- Delivered by expert orators of Aaj Tak, NDTV, and many others.
- Online sessions led by trained experts with 20+ years of experience.
- 100% practical classes and computer-based practical training on GST.
- Earn GST Practitioner Certification from the institute recognized by Govt. of India.
- 1 year Gold Membership of Finance Academy
- 100% internship with Henry Harvin or partner organizations.
- Study material worth Rs. 500 for FREE.
- Covers hot topics (GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2A, New provisions of e-Invoicing, and How to take ITC)
- Course fee:
- Live Online sessions: Rs. 12, 500 (preferred)
- Self-paced course: Rs. 11, 500
Henry Harvin is one of the most eminent institutes providing training in various domains such as analytics, writing, TEFL, coding, finances, law, paramedical, and many more. Henry Harvin has produced trained and certified professionals in more than 23 states in PAN India with a strength of 23,000 and growing numbers.
Henry Harvin GST certification course provides 100% placement support. After you complete your course, you will begin to receive notifications from the institute with job availability. With 1-year Gold Membership, the trainees receive access to complimentary modules with the course curriculum and recorded videos of previous sessions.
GST Certification courses by Henry Harvin in other cities:
Agra, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Noida, Patna, and many more.
Other courses offered by Henry Harvin:
- Income Tax Course
- SAP FICO Course
- SAP HANA Course
- SAP ABAP Course
- IFRS Course
- Check out- GST Course in Mumbai
Udemy, Inc. is one of the MOOC benefactors and a part of the MOOC movement, providing various courses. The company is co-founded by Eren Bali, Gagan Biyani, and Oktay Caglar in May 2010.
Udemy aims at improving lives through learning. The institute imparts knowledge by providing the world’s best instructors and designing modules consisting of videos, text notes, and study tests to enhance the learning experience of its students.
MOOC stands for Massive Open Online Course and is a term used for freemium courses. Such courses are made accessible through the internet. The design of these courses is made such that students and adults can access them through the web.
Salient features of GST course at Udemy:
- Course name: Complete GST Course & Certification – Grow Your CA Practice
- Duration: 42 hours
- Basics of GST (English and Hindi)
- Composition scheme (English and Hindi)
- Input Tax Credit (English and Hindi)
- GST registration (English and Hindi)
- Returns (English and Hindi)
- Transitional provisions
- Place of supply
- Time of supply (English and Hindi)
- Value of supply (English and Hindi)
- GST by Ashok Batra
- Offenses and penalties (English and Hindi)
- New Council Meeting: GST rates
- Payments (English and Hindi)
- Impact on trading sector
- 42 hours of on-demand video
- 29 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate on completion
- CA practitioner and aspirants
- IAS aspirants
- LLB practitioners and aspirants
- Tax practitioner and accountants.
- Course fee: Rs. 4,800
The leading publishers such as The New York Times, The China Post, Fast Company, the BBC, and many others have recognized Udemy as one of the best online academies.
Udemy offers many free courses that cost more than $160 in any other universities or institutes. Most of the programs are freemium or discounted. The instructors on Udemy are real-life practitioners who are experts in their field. The topics on Udemy vary from lifestyle, development, IT, and Software to music, designing, and much more.
Also check- GST course in Delhi
Rank#3: IIM Skills
Another institute that provides GST certification courses through online mediums is IIM Skills.
IIM Skills is among the world’s leading platforms for providing online education services. On 6th December 2018, Vaibhav Kakkar founded this institute.
The head office of IIM Skills is in New Delhi, India. This organization aims to provide the world’s best education service at affordable prices. The organization offers courses for skill development that will help working professionals, students, and enterprises in achieving their goals.
The organization provides live online sessions and self-paced courses. The journey of IIM Skills began with writing an educational blog from there, it took on to provide a full-fledged training program online.
Salient features of GST course at IIM Skills:
- Course name: GST Practitioner Certification Course
- Duration: 16 hours
- Module 1: The Genesis and Concept of GST and its impact on businesses
- Module 2: The framework and structure of GST
- Module 3: Registration under GST
- Module 4: Invoicing in GST
- Module 5: GST Returns filing
- Module 6: Composition scheme under GST
- Module 7: Reverse change mechanism
- Module 8: E-way bill under GST
- Module 9: Input tax credit and payment in GST.
- Live online interactive sessions
- Practical assignments
- Hands-on learning
- Free study material
- Job opportunities
- Lifetime access to new recorded videos and updates
- Training by leading industry experts
- Students with a degree in B.Com/M.Com
- Career seekers in taxation.
- Professionals working in the financial and accountant domain and looking to learn taxation skills.
- Individuals planning to start an agency or consultancy in GST.
- Course fee: Rs. 11, 900 +18% GST
IIM Skills, as an organization is trusted by brands such as BMW, Amazon.com, Genpact, Dell, and more. The institute also gives a money-back guarantee in case the learner did not like the first session.
Once the GST certification course is completed, the learner will have a thorough knowledge of GST, its implementation, pricing strategies, and various nuances of GST.
Once the learners submit their assignments, they are required to appear for the exam and score at least 80% to receive the Master GST Certification. To be eligible to appear for exams, the learners need to have 70% of attendance.
Rank#4: Central Institute of Technology (CIT)
Central Institute of Technology is an institute that aims at providing training in computers and personality development. The institute is based in Kolkata, India. The journey of CIT began in 2009 with training and now it works as an independent organization since 2017.
CIT has been certified and recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The institute is also active in State and Central government programs such as NSPC, WBMDFC, AICTE, NCT, and many others.
The institute set an object to make its learner job-ready after the successful completion of their course. The institute offers a plethora of courses varying from professional courses, career courses to regular courses.
Salient features of GST Course at CIT:
- Course name: Tally GST with e-filling course
- Duration: 36 classes (3 months)
- The course consists of 50+ modules.
- From the wide curriculum, the key concepts covered are:
- Journal Ledger
- Masters: Ledger
- Payment Voucher
- Contra and Journal voucher
- Masters: Inventory
- Purchase and Sales voucher with GST
- GST returns and payment.
- Introduction to GST structure
- CGST, SGST, IGST, UGST.
- Creation of GST bills
- Amendment GST
- GSTR 1, 2A, 3B.
- Covers extensive concepts concerning the topic.
- Practical implementation of learnings with real-life case studies.
- Provides an expansive range of topics at affordable prices.
- Lifetime support
- Experienced and professional faculty
- Job opportunity
- Eligible students also get a chance to partner with CIT.
- Eligibility: 10+2
- Course fee: Rs. 7,500
CIT aims at providing the best quality education to its learners and opportunities for them to grow and attain their goals in life. With this, they also offer lifetime support and hand-holding to their learners. To impart practical knowledge the organization provides live projects and workshop facilities to its students.
To help its trainees, the organization keeps its timings flexible and 7 days open. Another catch of this institute is it provides extra classes in case you have missed few classes.
Rank#5: Onward Academy
Onward Academy was instituted in 2014. The home of Onward Academy is in Kolkata, India. It is a unit of Onward Infotech. Since its commencement, the institute is running successfully. The institute is laboring to bring alive the Digital India dream. It Is working to create a generation that will be ready for future changes.
The institute is best known for providing a variety of courses for all generations and professions. From working professionals to graduates/undergraduates, and housewives to retired personnel, the institute offers courses for all.
Onward Academy is partnered with Tally Academy which is one of the leading tally institutes in India.
Salient features of GST Course at Onward Academy:
- Course name: GST Training Course
- Regular course: 1 year
- Fast-track course: 6 months.
- Basic Concept of GST
- Levy Of, And Exemption From, Tax
- Accounts and Records
- Assessment and Audit
- Time and Value of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Tax Invoice
- Credit and Debit Notes
- Payment of Tax
- Live and practical projects
- Experienced Taxation educators
- Small sizes of class
- Modern infrastructure
- Guaranteed placement support and assistance.
- Aspiring student
- Tax professionals
Onward Academy is the best institute for GST courses in Kolkata. It provides offline training by conducting regular classes from Monday to Friday and weekend classes on Saturday and Sunday.
The institute also provides industry-recognized certification to its learners after the completion of their course. The institute is imparting IT Leadership training for more than 10 years.
The placement partners of Onward Academy include Accenture, Cognizant, and Intel.
Onward Academy works in producing internationally competent IT professionals through its teaching techniques, excellent trainers, and advanced courses.
Rank#6: Flowria Academy
Flowria Academy is based in Tollygunge, Kolkata, and is among the top universities in the computer training industry in Kolkata. The institute is an educational destination, serving both locals and learners from other parts of Kolkata.
The trainers and staff at the institute are active in providing quick assistance. Other domains covered by the institute include computer science, GST, Tally, Tally GST, and much more.
Flowria Academy is among the top institutes for offering GST courses in Kolkata. It assures to provide a comprehensive understanding of modules to its learners. Flowria Academy is committed to delivering the best quality training to its trainees.
Salient features of GST Course at Flowria Academy:
- Course Name: Certificate in Tally ERP9 with GST
- Duration: 2 months (2 days a week)
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Financial Accounting Basics
- Financial Accounting Advanced
- Business Management
- Document Printing
- Software Maintenance & Upgrades
- Introduction to Payroll
- Introductory module on GST
- Pliable timings
- Individual coaching sessions available
- Certified trainers
- Sample papers and study materials free of cost
- Guaranteed success rate
- Up-to-date and updated course
- Course fee: Rs. 6,000
Flowria Academy believes in bolstering learners by assisting with their queries separately and individually. The faculty of the institute incorporates only well-versed, trusted, and experienced individuals. The learners receive their certificates after they complete their course.
Rank#7: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a constitutional body founded on 1st July 1949, under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949. ICAI ranks 2nd in the world with its largest Accounting and Finance body.
The institute operates under administrative checks of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India. It is the Council body that oversees the affair of the institute in compliance with the terms of the CA Act 1949 and the CA Regulations 1988.
The Council body is composed of 40 members with 32 being elected by the CAs and the remaining 8 nominated by the Central Govt. The nominees nominated by the Central Govt. represent various ministries of the govt. in the Council.
Salient features of GST course at ICAI:
- Course Name: Certificate Course on GST
- 10 days course
- Regular classes: Monday to Friday (2-weeks; 9:30 AM-5:30 PM)
- Introduction to GST
- Time and Place of supply
- Transitional issues
- Custom duty
- Advance ruling
- Overview of GST – Compensation cess to States Act, 2017
- Exemption List of goods and Services
- Combined faculty of practicing CAs, academicians, advocates, individual expertise in the domain of indirect taxes.
- The faculty works together to provide learners comprehensive knowledge technically and practically.
- Impart systematic ad updated knowledge on GST.
- Improves analytical and problem-solving skills for decision-making.
- CPE hours:
- 25 hours- after attending the classes.
- 5 hours after appearing in the assessment test.
- Members of the ICAI
- Course fee: Rs. 14,000+ applicable taxes.
Keeping in view the need to understand the heart of GST, the Certificate Course on GST is introduced by ICAI. The objective of creating the GST certificate course by ICAI was to build a pathway for its members in the global market.
The Certificate Course on GST is organized by GST and Indirect Taxes Committee. The learners receive their certificates after completing the course and assessment test (held twice a year). ICAI does not allow the members to attest the certificate with their names as their qualifications.
Rank#8: CA Club India
CA Club India is an online platform created to assist taxpayers and accountants in the domains of tax and audit. It is an interactive platform bolstering learners’ queries anytime. CA Club India was established on 1st September 1999. The primary consumers of this site are Finance
professionals and Taxpayers.
The site began its journey by first sharing knowledge among CAs and later depositing knowledge in the whole finance professional’s community. It is an interactive online platform where people can interact with their community.
The platform provides updated information concerning CA’s CS’s, ICWA’s, and MBA’s. It also shares current information such as advancements, reviews, or discussions on financial matters. The site aims at providing the best to its members.
Salient features of GST course at CA Club India
- Course Name: Online Advanced GST Training & Certification Course
- Duration: 61 hours
- Levy & Supply under GST
- Taxable Person & Registration, Threshold limits, etc.
- Time and Value of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Place of Supply for Goods or Services
- Zero-rated Supply (including Refund)
- Tax Invoice, Introduction of E-Invoicing under GST, and Job Work
- Existing Return and New GST Return System under GST & E- Way Bill
- Clause by Clause filing of GST Annual Return (Form GSTR-9)
- Clause by Clause filing of GST Audit Report (Form GSTR-9C)
- Inspection, Search, Seizure, and Arrest under GST
- Advance Ruling under GST
- Appeal, Revision, Offence & Penalty in GST
- Questions and Answers
- Intricacies in Supply, Deemed Supply, Cross Charge vs. ISD, Valuation, etc
- Video sessions by CA Bimal Jain
- Videos classes of 61 hours
- Electronic study material on GST
- Practical case studies
- Exclusive sessions of Questions and Answers.
- Practising CA’s, CA professionals, and CA aspirants
- CS professionals and aspirants
- IAS aspirants
- ICWA professionals
- LLB practitioners
- Independent Tax practitioners and consultants
- Sales Tax practitioner
- Graduate/Postgraduate in commerce, law, banking,
- A retired officer of any State department
- Course fee: Rs. 6,599
The Online Advanced GST Training & Certification Course on CA Club India is given by CA Bimal Jain. CA Bimal Jain is an active member of ICAI since May 1994 and ICSI since December 2006. He is sharing his knowledge on GST ardently on CA Club India with 100+ written articles and 24+ hours of video lectures.
Rank#9: Ankit Institute of Taxations & Consultancy Services (AITCS)
Ankit Institute of Taxations & Consultancy Services (AITCS) is a tax e-filling training, coaching, and consultancy institute administered by a team of advocates, CA’s, and CS’s. The foundations of the institute were laid by Smt. Renu Dhuria was directed by her husband Mr. S.N.Dhuria.
The institute is named after their darling living son, Ankit Dhuria. With the aim of ‘Client and Student-Sarvopari’, the institute is operating. Mr. S. N. Dhuria is a lawyer and qualified CS; also, an active member and faculty in AITCS.
AITCS offers coaching and consultancy services in GST, income tax, property law, partnership business, and many other civil laws.
Salient features of GST course at AITCS:
- Course name: GST e-filling training
- Duration: 3 months (once a week)
- Types of GST
- GST rates
- Rules of invoicing
- Understanding and uploading forms
- Generation of e-way bill
- Practical aspects covered.
- Hands-on training
- Small batch size
- Lifetime support
- Placement support
- Regular and free updates on e-mail
- Eligibility: Graduation from any stream
- Course fee: Rs. 7,500
Rank#10: George Telegraph Institute of Accounts
George Telegraph Institute of Accounts is a part of The George Telegraph Group. The institute comprises highly qualified teachers who strenuously work to provide the best education to their students. The institute also labors on the personality development and grooming sessions of students to help them face interviews.
The Advisory Board consisting of CA’s, CS’s, Financial Analysts, Business Administrators, Cost, and Management Accountants, who counsels the students encouraging them and making them ready for employment and making them confident on their skills earned in training.
The George Telegraph Training Institute commenced in operations in 1920. The experience of so many years has enabled the institute to standardize its syllabi and strategy, adaptable to the changing needs of education.
George Telegraph Institute of Accounts is a partner of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC). The institute is in more than 70 cities.
Salient features of GST Course at George Telegraph Institute of Accounts:
- Course Name: Certificate Course in Goods and Service Tax
- Duration: 2 months
- Basic Concepts
- Types of Supply
- Composition Scheme
- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- Time of Supply
- Place of Supply
- Value of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Accounting Entries in GST
- GST Registration
- E-Way Bill
- GST Returns
- GST Reports
- Respected professionals as trainers
- 100% Placement assurance
- Eligibility: Class 12
The institute was established after the end of the First World War. The time when India was agriculture industry was witnessing recession and industry was growing. With the development of urbanization, more students desired to be educated thus flaming the education industry.
The purpose of writing this blog is to help you find the Top 10 institutes that provide the best GST certificate course in Kolkata. This blog is also to help choose GST courses that best suits you financially, academically, and for many other benefits.
To give a career boost and add to your skills, choosing the right course and institute is vital. Many times, we find institutes near us that are expensive and may not cover important topics. Therefore, in my blog along with offline institutes, I have also listed institutes that provide online assistance and are affordable. There are a plethora of courses and institutes available at your doorsteps, you just need to find the suitable one.
The GST certification is an elaborative and detailed level course. The course helps a learner to understand basic concepts and advanced knowledge of GST.
a. With the GST certification, you bring a raise in your salary of 15-20% on average.
b. Opens the door for more job opportunities.
c. With the GST certificate, you can also opt to open your GST consultancy.
d. After the course is completed, you also add taxation skills to your profile.
The salary range for the various professional role:
i. Tax Consultant- INR 5 lacs p.a.
ii. Tax Accountant- INR 3 lacs p.a.
iii. Tax Analyst- INR 3 lacs p.a.
iv. Tax Associate- INR 4.5 lacs p.a.
v. Tax Manager- INR 1.5 lacs p.a.
No, India is not the first nation to impose GST. The first nation to implement GST was France in 1954.
Digital Marketing Course
by Henry Harvin®
Grab the opportunity to become a Certified Agile Digital Marketer with the CADM Digital Marketing Certification. Become a distinguished Henry Harvin alumni and join a network of 18,000+ successful alumni worldwide.
GST – Live Online GST Course
Get Practitioner Certification
100% Practical GST Training | India's 1st GST Certification Course | Featured by Aaj Tak, Hindustan Times | Delivered by Award Winning GST Speakers | 14,265+ GST Professionals Trained till date
Bitcoin Specialist Course
Bitcoin also know as Cryptocurrency is a Virtual Currency | Bitcoin is Market Driven, Indelible, and Unseizable | PayPal allows its customers to buy and sell Bitcoin | Elon musk supports Bitcoin | Be part of the Next-Generation Engineered JobsExplore Popular Category