Before GST was introduced, there were separate taxes that were levied at each step of the production process. This led to paying a higher amount of taxes, which was further carried down to the final product consumer as huge taxes. Previously, there were separate taxes such as Central Excise duty, Service tax, VAT, Entry Tax, Luxury tax, Purchase tax, etc. All these taxes together fell heavy on the consumer’s pocket. Hence, there was a need to bring in a moderate tax to do justice to the buyer of goods.
Thus, the Goods and Services Tax came into vogue in India aiming at reducing inflation in the long run. Now, the same tax applies to all the goods and services and their supplies.
What is GST?
GST or Goods and Services Tax is that is levied on the supply of goods and services. It is a destination-oriented tax on every value addition, which manages to replace multiple indirect taxes, including VAT, excise duty, service taxes, etc. It is a unified tax that came into effect on 1st July 2017. Goods and Services Tax is a value-added indirect tax levied on the supply of the majority of goods and services used for domestic consumption.
This tax is levied on all goods and services at their specified rates fixed by the Government of India. The advantage of this lies in the transparency- India as one nation, one market, one tax, etc.
Benefits of GST
Goods and Services Tax aims at providing a transparent tax system imposed on the supply of goods and services. When an item is bought, an individual sees only the state taxes applicable on the product label and not the various tax components embedded in the product.
The main idea behind imposing GST is to improve the ease of business operations by enhancing tax compliance, boosting revenue receipts of both central and state governments, and accelerating economic growth.
Following are some of the benefits of Goods and Services Tax:
- Eradicates the cascading tax effect
- Allows higher threshold to businesses for registration
- Offers composition scheme for small business operations
- Make online processes easy and convenient
- Facilitates lesser Tax Compliance
- Ensures high efficiency of Logistics
Top 10 GST courses in Chennai
As the demand for certified GST professionals is on a rise, getting GST certification from a recognized institute adds value to your career. A Goods and Services Tax course acquaints you with the latest and updated trends in the GST field. It further enhances your knowledge spectrum of GST-related activities.
Here is the list of the 10 best Goods and Services Tax certification courses in Chennai
Henry Harvin Institute : Best GST Training institute in Chennai
GST Certification Course by Henry Harvin Academy gives a total insight on Goods and Services Tax regulations, delivered by experts who speak at Aaj Tak, NDTV, and other notable platforms. The course covers the latest trending topics such as GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2A, new provisions of e-Invoicing, etc.
- Training: 32 Hours of Live Online Interactive Classroom Sessions
- Projects: Facility to undergo projects in GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2A, and more
- Internship: Internship Assistance to gain hands-on experience of the learning
- Certification: Get Certification of Goods and Services Tax Practitioner Course from Henry Harvin®, Govt of India recognized & Award-Winning Institute
- Placement: 100% Placement Guarantee, Support/ Assistance for 1-Year post successful completion
- E-Learning Access with Abundant Tools and Techniques, video content, assessments, and more
- Bootcamps: Regular Bootcamps spread over the next 12 Months
- Hackathons: Free Access to #AskHenry Hackathons and Competitions
- Membership: Get 1-Year Gold Membership of Henry Harvin® Accounts Academy for the GST Practitioner Course
Gold Membership of Accounts Academy
Get 1-year membership of Henry Harvin® Accounts Academy worth Rs 4,000 and avail of the following benefits:
- E-Learning Access: Get access to recorded videos, ppt, case studies, etc.
- Internship: 100% internship with Henry Harvin® or partner firms
- Bootcamp Sessions: Monthly Bootcamp Sessions for 1 year
- Job Opportunities: Job notifications through e-mail
- Interview Skills: Tips for interviews with startups and top corporates
- Perks of Membership: Gain exclusive access to Complimentary Modules, namely, Soft Skill Development and Resume Writing along with the course curriculum
Henry Harvin® Goods and Services Tax Course Benefits
- Understand practical problems faced with GST through FAQ session
- Gain a lot of exposure to computer-based practical training on GST
- Get updated with recent amendments & their challenges
- Clarify doubts on Goods and Services Tax during & after training
- Get access to study material worth INR 500 for free
- Listen to real-life cases and experiences shared by Goods and Services Tax experts
- Earn industry-recognized certification in GST which is featured by Aaj Tak, Hindustan Times, Pioneer, India Today, Business World, etc.
- GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2A
- New provisions of e-Invoicing
- How to take ITC (Input Tax Credit) in case it is not reflecting
- Critical analysis of Goods and Services Tax Law
- Real-time application of the complicated GST provisions
2. Inventateq :Best institute for GST Course in chennai
Inventateq is an online marketing technology company offering courses in many fields and domains. They have various real-time training courses in their repertoire, namely, Digital marketing, Cloud computing, Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, Python, Blockchain, and a lot more!
It has a great reputation for providing opportunities for progress and skill development to its aspirants. One such program in the finance domain is the GST course and it is one of the best Goods and Services Tax certification courses in Chennai
Name of the course: TALLY GST Training
Batches: Weekday and Weekend batches
Duration: 35- 40 hours
The topics covered in the course are:
- Tally ERP 9
- Intro to Tally ERP 9
- Inventory Management
- Financial Management
- Advanced MIS Support
- Taxation and Payrolls
- Income tax
- Auditing and compliance
- Goods and Services Tax and accounting
Apart from the above, three projects are included in this GST course:
1. How to activate GST in your company with Tally ERP.
2. Create a sales ledger
3. Create stock items and stock group for GST compliance
- Students with B.com/ M.com
- Job seekers
- Software developers
- Working professionals
Certification: After successful completion of the course, you will be rewarded with a Tally certification.
- 100% job placement with mock tests and interviews conducted by industry experts
- Practical hands-on experience on each & every topic.
- Free technical assistance after course completion
- A choice between online and offline training
3. Mytectra : Top Training institute for GST Course in Chennai
Mytectra is an international institute that is well-recognized for its prominence in the training sector. It offers offline training, corporate training, instructor-led training, and 24*7 support at 10+ cities globally.
The technology and business courses are best suited for freshers and professional aspirants. Among the various programs, mytectra offers IT courses, leadership programs, business courses, digital marketing courses, etc.
Under the finance category of business courses, mytectra offers one of the best Goods and Services Tax certification courses in Chennai.
Name of the Course: Goods and Services Tax certified Professional training
Classroom training for the course is available in Chennai, otherwise, you can also opt for Live Online training globally.
The course outline is as follows:
- Introduction to Goods and Services Tax
- Requirement of Goods and Services Tax law
- GST in Accounting
- Comprehension of CGST, SGST, and IGST
- Chargeability of CGST, SGST, and IGST
- Effective ways of implementation of GST
- Systematic planning and recommendation for GST ready
- Drafting rules by CBEC
- Resolution of Query
-Anyone who wishes to learn GST (a fresher or a working professional can apply for the course)
Certification: At the end of the course, you will receive a course completion certificate.
- Backup and classes rescheduling facility available.
- 100% placement assistance
- Real-time project internships
- 1-on-1 focus and Interaction in the classroom.
4. RIA Institute of Technology
Another well-known institute offering GST certification courses in Bangalore is the RIA institute of technology. A fast-paced software company RIA Institute of technology is into corporate training, and staffing. It is managed by a specialized group of professionals who provide result-oriented courses.
Name of the Course:
- Diploma in GST Tax TM-beginner level
- Diploma in GST Tax TM-intermediate level
- GST Tally ERP-9
- Diploma in GST- Expert level
Under the able guidance of experts, they use creative methods for better comprehension of concepts. Based on the latest GST examples, students are exposed to real-time practical training exposure. This is an institute of high repute in Bangalore.
- Beginner level- 10 hours classroom training
- Intermediate level-10 hours classroom training
- GST tally ERP-9- 10 hours classroom training
- Expert-level GST diploma-30 hours theory+10 hours practical classroom training.
- The beginner-level course focuses on understanding the fundamentals of GST such as intro to GST, tax levy, registration, time and value of supply, payment, and valuation of GST, ITC, and a few more basic concepts.
- The intermediate course explains the practical embodiment of GST concepts such as registration, accounts, records, composition scheme, tax invoice, e-way bill, returns, refunds, offenses and penalties, and other detailed concepts.
- The syllabus for GST Tally ERP-9 includes GST activation in the company, GST rates, tax ledger creation, transferring earlier taxes to GST, recording GST sales, printing invoices, etc.
For more detailed info about the syllabus, visit their site.
The Goods and Services Tax training at RIA institute of technology, Marathahalli, Chennai is equally good for both freshers as well as experienced working professionals. The eligibility criteria for specific GST diploma courses is given below:
- For beginner level- 10+2 or equivalent can apply.
- For an intermediate level-GST beginner, course completion is a pre-requisite. Also, accountants and managers can apply
- For Goods and Services Tax Tally ERP-9- 10+2 or equivalent can apply.
- For expert-level- 10+2 or equivalent, or those pursuing B.com, M.com, BBA, MBA, CMA, Ca, CS, or CFA are eligible to apply
After the completion of the course, you will receive an ISO authentic certificate of diploma in Goods and Services Tax from RIA institute. Apart from that, if you enroll for particular-level courses, certificates will be awarded accordingly.
- flexible batch timings
- Virtuoso trainers with 10+ years of experience
- Both practical and theoretical training
5. GST Centre : Top Institute For GST Training in Chennai
Goods and Services Tax course at the GST center, Bangalore has been highly sought after. Replicating its name, GST center is an eminent learning hub for accountants and people with a finance background. It is approved by the Ministry of Skill development and entrepreneurship, GOI.
The vision of this institute is to promote excellence in various sectors of accounting, finance, software, and management, etc.
Name of the Course: Diploma in Goods and Services Tax
Similar to RIA institute, the diploma course in GST is divided into three levels:
- Goods and Services Tax beginner course
- GST intermediate course
- GST in Tally
These courses cover A to Z about GST concepts. An overview of the syllabus of these courses is given below:
Goods and Services Tax beginner course
- Goods and Services Tax overview
- Levy & collection of taxes
- Time of supply
- Value of supply
- Tax rates
- Input tax credit
- Tax invoice, credit, and debit
- GST payment
- E-way bill
Intermediate level course
- Inward-outward supplies
- Special people
- Imports of goods & services
- Exports of goods & services
- Offenses and penalties
- Assessment and audit
- Demand and recovery
Goods and Services Tax in Tally
- Company creation and GST activation
- HSN management
- Creating masters and set rates
- Sale, purchase, and service ledgers
- Party and tax ledgers
- Recording purchase under Goods and Services Tax
- A Recording purchase returns
- Recording sales under Goods and Services Tax
- A Recording payment voucher
- Recording sales return
- Goods and Services Tax advance receipts
- E-way bill
Students, consultants, or others who are employed and are looking for a career in taxation can enroll in the course.
Course Fees: Rs 6500/- (Only for the course)
- Additional charges for certificate attestation & training
One has to get through the final exam to receive a certificate
Salient features of GST Center
- Study material and video tutorials provided
- Assignments and case studies were taken up for a better understanding
- Simulation software – hands-on experience in Goods and Services Tax.
6. CA Club India :
With a mission to bring together the people of the accounts and finance community, a group of professionals created an interactive digital platform in 1999. Now they have over 2 million-plus members in their finance and taxpayer community.
CA Club India is a one-stop solution for various professional courses such as CA, CS, CISA, CWA, CIMA, and other certification courses like Goods and Services Tax, international taxation, financial modeling, and more. Among its many programs, the GST certification course is one of the top certification courses in Bangalore.
Course: Advance GST certification course
Batch: Weekday and weekend batches
Duration: 40-hours or 1.5 months
The course curriculum consists of the following topics:
- Scope and supply of
- Both interstate and intrastate GST
- GST registration
- Taxable people
- Time and value of supply
- Input tax credit
- Availability utilization
- Input service distributor
- Place of supply for goods
- Goods and Services Tax refunds
- Meaning of zero-rated supply
- Tax invoice
- Return system in GST
- Annual returns under GST form GSTR 9
- GST audit report
- Intricacies in supply
Ideally, the course befits the CA’s, CS’s, commerce graduates,
Postgraduates, retired persons from finance fields, and sales tax practitioners.
Course fees: Rs. 8850/-
After attending all the sessions, appearing for an online exam is mandatory to obtain the certificate. The exam is conducted on the last day of the course. The candidate needs to attempt 50 questions in 1 hour. The cut-off percentage for passing is 50%.
The certificate will be issued by the Ministry of MSME PPDC a fortnight after the completion of the Exam.
Special features of CA Club India:
- Two practical classes on Goods and Services Tax return and GST refund will be conducted
- Provision of E-notes one week before the live session
- Recordings provided for sessions with a validity of 2 times
7. Systems Domain : GST Training institute in Chennai
Systems Domain is also a frontrunner in offering Goods and Services Tax courses. Since its inception in 1997, Systems Domain has been striving to provide exceptional training and development through a systematic approach. It has well adapted to rapid changes in technologies and can train people per the latest developments.
The hallmark of this institute is quality in training with utmost dedication. Therefore, students come out with great satisfaction and enthusiasm. Their list of trending courses comprises Spoken English, SAP FICO, Tally with GST course.
Name of the course: Tally with GST course
The course content consists of diverse functions of accounting. It extends to Tally- ERP9 and Goods and Services Tax-related concepts such as:
- Invoicing under GST
- Accounts and records
- Payment and refunds
- Input GST credit
- composition scheme
- Goods and Services Tax procedure
- penalties and appeals
- Time, place, and value of GST
Basic understanding of Accounting and Tally software are the pre-requisites for the course enrollment.
- Pragmatic/Practical learning
- Helps students to maintain accounts with or without inventory
8. Goods and Services Tax Training Chennai
Located in Chennai, this GST training Chennai Cosmic IT service is an autonomous institute recognized and registered under the Ministry of Company Affairs, GOI. It is an ISO-certified 9001:2015 company.
This company provides quality training in Goods and Services tax. Through the course of training, they impart education on the basics of GST and along with the application of Goods and Services Tax in varied sectors such as e-commerce, job, service sector, etc. This has carved a niche for itself in GST training.
Course Name: Diploma in Goods and Services Tax
Curriculum: Spread across 15 chapters, the course content comprises the following topics:
- Basic details of GST
- Levy and tax collection
- Schedules in Goods and Services Tax
- Scope & Time of supply
- Composition scheme
- Valuation of supply
- Input tax credit
- E-way bill
- Document format as per GST
- Accounts maintenance
- Tools in GSTN portal
Anyone with a finance or accounts background can enroll in this course
Course fees: Rs.6000/-
There will be conducting an assessment training after which you will receive a government authorized certificate from MSME- Technology Development Center. An additional charge of Rs 3,500 has to be paid for the certificate.
9. GST Masterclass : GST classes in chennai
Another popular name for the Goods and Services Tax course in Bangalore is GST Masterclass. It is a hands-on training institution for accountants, students, lawyers, and business owners. GST Masterclass renders hands-on experience on GST laws, rules, procedures, startups, and professionals. They follow the policy of providing firsthand experience in training candidates.
Name of the course: GST Master class course
Duration: 2-hours per session for every Saturday and Sunday. (1 month)
The course curriculum is mentioned below:
- Overview of Goods and Services Tax
- Goods and Services Tax law and rules
- Implementation, compliance, and enforcement
- Model GST law
- Impact of GST on organizations
- GST registrations, payments, refunds, returns
- Implementation of Goods and Services Tax for companies.
The course can be attended by:
- Chartered accountants
- Company Secretaries
- Finance and accounts department employees
- Accounts and finance students
- Working professionals
Course Fees: Rs 5000/-
10. Innovation : Career Opportunities for GST Course in Chennai
Innovation is a training institution that offers non-IT and IT courses to students, working professionals, and freelancers to hone their skills to fit in the field of their choice. They nurture the minds of the aspirants with complete learning to make them ready for several industry requirements.
The innovation institution offers courses in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel, Tally ERP-9 with GST, C++, Java, etc. Realizing the fact that not every student learns at the same pace, students at Innovation are provided one-on-one instruction with no more than eight students per batch.
Name of the course: Tally with GST
The curriculum of the integrated Tally with GST is inclusive of all the concepts of Tally as well as GST. To have a thorough view of the syllabus, you can check the website.
Though anyone after completion of Class 12th can enroll for this course, a basic understanding of computers and Tally would be preferred.
Candidates will be awarded a certificate after the completion of the course.
- Placement support
- Hands-on learning of Tally-9 and GST advanced features
- Free software installation
- Real-time case studies
- Tips for interviews
As mentioned above these are the top 10 institutes that offer GST courses in Chennai They provide training from fundamental to advanced levels. Moreover, weekday and weekend batches are available, keeping in view the working professionals. Henry Harvin Academy at Chennai is one of the best training centres for GST. Session recordings and video learning are added benefits. Thus, depending upon your requirement and ease, you can apply for the course, which is best suitable for your needs.
Ans. Yes, You can choose between online and offline mode. As it is pandemic time, many go for online mode.
Ans. Yes, you will be given assurance of a job after your internship. However, you are supposed to be proactive too in securing a good job.
Ans. The fee is Rs12,500(Self-paced course with live interactions)
Ans. The curriculum consists of the following topics:
GSTR 3B, GSTR 1, GSTR 2ANew provisions of e-Invoicing
How to take ITC (Input Tax Credit) in case it is not reflecting
Critical analysis of GST Law
Real-time application of the complicated GST provisions
Digital Marketing Course
by Henry Harvin®
Grab the opportunity to become a Certified Agile Digital Marketer with the CADM Digital Marketing Certification. Become a distinguished Henry Harvin alumni and join a network of 18,000+ successful alumni worldwide.
GST – Live Online GST Course
Get Practitioner Certification
100% Practical GST Training | India's 1st GST Certification Course | Featured by Aaj Tak, Hindustan Times | Delivered by Award Winning GST Speakers | 14,265+ GST Professionals Trained till date
Bitcoin Specialist Course
Bitcoin also know as Cryptocurrency is a Virtual Currency | Bitcoin is Market Driven, Indelible, and Unseizable | PayPal allows its customers to buy and sell Bitcoin | Elon musk supports Bitcoin | Be part of the Next-Generation Engineered JobsExplore Popular Category