GST certification courses are new dawn in the finance courses which have already increased career opportunities for graduates, finance and tax professionals like Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, retired government officers and other eligible candidates.
- It increases the opportunity of salary raise by 12% to 24%.
- An individual can start consultancy of their own.
- Duration of training 35 to 40 hours .
- online and in classroom sessions .
- GST certificate courses are in collaboration with NACIN(National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes & Narcotics)
This article aims at conveying the importance of the GST certification courses by explaining the various aspects for a professional and anyone who may be in the business of goods and services industry
What is GST and why is it important?
Why is the GST Certification Course important?
Why are New Career Opportunities promising for any person on completion of GST Certification course?
What is the eligibility for GST certification courses?
What does the Syllabus of GST Certification courses include?
What are Laws covered for GST certification course under the syllabus?
What is the duration of the GST certification Course ?
Who conducts the GST practitioners exam?
What is NACIN?
Who is a GST practitioner as per law?
How to become a Registered GST Practitioner?
How to Register for the GSTP Exam?
What is the nature of the exam?
When will the results be known?
Which are the top 10 GST certification courses in India?
1)What is GST and why is it important?
GST means Goods and Services Tax.
The Government has implemented the country’s most enterprising indirect tax reform GST.
This is an indirect tax became applicable from July 2017 GST is now a single tax and has become the new mantra for Unified indirect taxation system.
The benefits of GST are:
- Reduces cost and makes Indian trade more competitive.
- Reduce the rate of inflation in the present economy.
- Is expected to have an encouraging incidence on a common market for all and contribute to the growth of GDP.
2)Why is the GST Certification Course important?
GST council (GSTC) keeps changing:
- The Policies,
- Tax rates,
- Policies related with electronics-way bill,
- Returns formats and
- GST- refund application forms :The Professionals, Manufacturers, Traders, Retailers, and Exporters who are doing business need clear guidelines to file returns.
To overcome these problems, the Government has taken an initiative and started national training programs to generate awareness about GST.
National level training programs run in collaboration with Government of India for learning GST practices.This has Given rise to the necessity of having Certification Courses for GSTPractitioners.
GST certification course is a comprehensive guide to goods and services tax regulation, GST regime and a view to enable the GST practitioners to understand the nitty-gritty of this new law on GST.
The GST Certification Courses focus on the need of skilled work force and impact of GST training program.The participants are expected to have basic knowledge of the subject.
3) Why are New Career Opportunities promising for any person on the completion of the GST Certification course ?
- Manifold increase in tax compliances under new GST (minimum of 37 returns are to be filled in a year per registration.) increases job opportunities for finance professionals.
- As per a study by CII the Chairman of CII( Confederation of Indian Industry)has indicated GST would lead to rise in country’s GDP by 2% to 2.5%,that 2.5 million jobs will be created for every 1% increase in growth in GDP.
- increases the individual purchasing power.
- This implies more GDP means increase in business and it leads to increase in demand of GST Professionals.
- A huge surge in salary of GST practitioners was noticed even ahead of GST roll out.
4) What is the eligibility for GST certification courses?
Section 48 of the Central GST Act 2017 when read with ( Rule 24) of GST Return Rules 2017
- Primarily, the person must be a citizen of India.
- Possess a sound mind.
- Be an individual who is not adjudged as insolvent
- Not be convicted by court.
Prerequisite educational / work experience for Eligibility
The candidate must be one of these
- A graduate or postgraduate or must possess an equivalent degree in commerce, law, banking, business administration, business management for any recognized Indian University which is approved by law.
- An equivalent degree from a foreign university which is recognized by an Indian University.
- An Indian University or a Foreign University which is equivalent to degree examination, which may include one of below examinations-
#1. Finals of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
#2. Finals of Institute of Cost Accountants of India
#3Finals of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- A retired officer of the Commercial Tax Department of any State Government or of the CBEC who has worked in a post of Group-B (or higher) gazetted officer for a minimum period of two years.
- A sales tax officer who has practiced Sales Tax for more than 5 years.
GST practitioner with GST PCT—-01
- Chartered Accountant holding COP and without COP
- Company secretary holding COP or without COP
- Cost and management accountant holding COP/ without COP
5) What does the Syllabus of GST Certification course include?
The GST certification course will include:
- GST Levy
- Time of Supply
- Place of Supply
- Transitional problems
- Input Tax Credit
- Refund no
- Advance Ruling
- Customs Duty
- Moot Court
- Ethical Practice
5A) What are Laws covered for GST certification course under the syllabus?
#1 Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
#2 Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
#3 State Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (of all states)
#4 Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
#5 Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act, 2017
#6. Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
#7. Integrated Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
#8. States Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 (of all states)
6) What is the duration of the GST certification Course?
Most of the GST certification courses can be completed in 32 to 35 hours in most of the courses.
Practical training is important part of the GST certification courses.
7) Who conducts the GST practitioners exam?
A Government notification numbered 60/2018 introduced rule 83A in CGST rules, 2017. According to rule 83 (1), clause b, ‘every person who is enrolled as a goods and services practitioner under sub-rule 2 needs to pass the GST practitioner examination.’
The exam shall be conducted by the National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN).
8) What is NACIN?
National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes & Narcotics or NACIN is the apex institute of Government of India for capacity building in the field of indirect taxation.
NACIN is the World Customs Organisation (WCO) Regional Training Centre (RTC) for Asia Pacific. United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) has designated NACIN as a collaboration centre for capacity building in the field of environment protection. In collaboration with the United Nations Office on Drugs & Crime (UNODC), NACIN is imparting training on drug law enforcement to various Asian nations. The Government of India has entrusted NACIN the responsibility of knowledge exchange, experience sharing and training with various countries of the world.
9) Who is a GST practitioner as per law?
The section 48 of the CGST Act defines a registered person may authorize an eligible person to act as the approved GST practitioner. The approved GST practitioner is a tax professional who is authorized to prepare returns and undertake other activities as per the information furnished to him by the taxable person.
10) How to become a Registered GST Practitioner?
Make an Application
A person who is eligible and intending to become a GST practitioner needs to make an application in form GST PCT – 01 /02 electronically on the common portal as per rule 83(1) .
An application can be made directly filed or through a facilitation center.
Certificate in GST PCT-02 will be issued.
- An authorized officer enrolls the applicant as a Goods and Services Tax practitioner.
- Verifies all the details and documents.It is the responsibility of this authorised officer to make necessary enquiry about the applicant’s details and documents.
- The certificate of in the form of GST PCT –02 is issued.
Validity of the enrollment.
Life Time validity.
GSTP is required to pass this examination within 2 years of enrollment.
To appear for the exam, the candidate has to register online on a specified website by NACIN and must pay the requisite fees.
The candidate has to score of minimum of fifty percent.
A candidate who enrolls as GSTP should pass the examination within 2 years of registration.
This examination is conducted by the National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN).”
Date of Exam
The exam dates are published by NACIN on it’s official website,common portal,GST council secretariat and leading national and regional newspapers.
This Exam is conducted twice a year.
11) How to Register for GSTP Exam?
The applicant has to login through:
- GST enrollment number.
- On a candidate’s successful login , the application form will appear on the screen.
- The application will show automatically the details of the applicant’s name, address, date of birth,a mobile number, email id etc as available with GST registration
- Choose the test centre and add passport size photo(JPEG, PNG; Size: 20 – 60 KB)
- soft copy of signatures (file type: JPG, JPEG, PNG; Size: 10 – 30 KB)
- Submit to registration portal and pay exam fees of ₹500/- online.Admit card appears on the screen.
12) What is the nature of the exam?
GST practitioners exam has multiple choice questions only.
13)When will the exam result declared ?
NACIN declares results of GST practitioners exam within one month from the date of conduction of the exams on it’s official website
- GST Council Secretariat,
- common portal and
- state tax department of the respective states or by email or post to the applicant.
14) How many attempts allowed to clear exams?
No cap is there on the number of attempts within these two years of registration.
16) What are the latest developments and software available for GST Accounting?
Infosys was the first company which got the contract to build and maintain for five years in 2015 the GST technology network.
The GST Council approved the introduction of ‘e-invoicing’ or ‘ electronic invoicing ‘ on 29th of September 2019 for (B2B) business- to- business transactions. This has become applicable from the 1st of January 2020.
This approval has made it possible for GST returns to set a standard to meet the business needs of traders and industrial entities.
E-invoicing has made GST filing easier.
- MARG GST
- Clear Tax
- Tally ERP 9
- Busy Accounting Software
- Zoho Books
- Reach GST
- GEN -GST
- Sai GST
Top 10 GST certification courses in India:
Private coaching Institute and Professional body’s Institutes.
I) Henry Harvin education.
1)Henry Harvin educational institution is one of the pioneers in GST certification courses completes the program in 32 hours.
3) It is a reputed educational Institution.
Has a rating of 4.6/5 rating by students.
3) Live Online and classroom sessions.
4)Practical training in using :
a)Excel to prepare GST returns and Includes V -lookup.Pivot Table.
b)How to export data from Tally, an accounting software for GST Accounting.
5) 100% practical training in Delhi.
6)Fees Rs 5500/- with study material and hand holding even after completion of the course.
Government recognizes this GST Practitioner certificate.
- Hot and trending topics covered in the GST course.
- Award-winning trainers
- 100% practical training.
- Free one-year membership of finance Academy worth Rs 4000/-.
- 160 corporate clients.
2) GST and indirect tax & committee
The institute of chartered Accountants.
Eligibility: Members of institute of Chartered Accountants India.
Goal and Deatails of the GST accreditation course:
The goal of this Course is to upgrade the information on GST and to give road to the individuals in the worldwide help showcase.
Definition and Concept under GST, Levy, Time of Supply, Place of Supply, Input Tax Credit, Transitional issues, Valuation, Registration, Returns, Payment, Refund, Assessment, Offenses, Penalties, Advance Ruling, FTP ,Customs Duty, Ethical Practice, Overview of GST – Compensation cess to States Act, 2017, Exemption List of products and Ventures, Miscellaneous Provision.
Course Duration and Course Hours
10 Days Course (Option I – on Saturday and Sunday just; Option 2 – Monday to Friday – fourteen days) (9:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
The staff for the course will be a blend of rehearsing Chartered Accountants, supporters, academicians and specialists in the field of backhanded charges to give the individuals a top to bottom specialized just as reasonable information.
- Rs. 14,000 or more GST for Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad and Jaipur
[This Includes charges for the assessment to be held following consummation of the Course]
25 (After Attending the Classes) + 5 (After Appear in Assessment Test)
3) MSME GST certification course by ISEL global.
Eligibility: as per law.
CA Students and Fresher CAs who wish to learn the basic and advanced concepts of GST.
Course Syllabus and objective:
The course is has ten modules.
- Taxation and GST Basics
- GST Concepts and Basics
- GST Invoicing
- Input Tax Credit
- Legal Provisions
- GST Practitioner Certification Examination
GST Course Advisor:
He is a Chartered Accountant and a Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India along with a Bachelor’s degree in Law. Also, he is a Qualified SAP – FI/CO Consultant and has more than years of experience in Indirect Taxation and specializes in all aspects of Service Tax, Value Added Tax (VAT)/ Central Sales Tax (CST), Central Excise, Customs, Foreign Trade Policy (FTP), Special Economic Zone (SEZ), Export Oriented Unit (EOU), Export-Import Laws and well acquainted with the concept and impact of way forward Goods and Services Tax (GST).
4)Clear Tax Learning
- It is a GST Software solution company and conducts GST certification course.
- Cleartax aims to educate India towards GST. Clear Tax conducts offline workshops, webinars and quizzes to make the community GST ready.
- The online course is provided through Udemy.
- 8 hours of interactive on-demand video content.
They offer three courses:
- Complete GST Course & Certification – Grow Your CA Practice
- Course starts with a fees of Rs.3600/-
- Rating:4.1 /5
- New GST e-learning certification by ClearTax
- Fees:Rs 4800/-
- Complete GST Course For Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Fees: Rs.4800/-
5)GST certification course by GST Center
GST Center :
This is in collaboration with Chartered Accountants and other industry specialists who underscore on giving quality training on GST to various areas of individuals including entrepreneurs,employees students etc.You will get an entire scope of GST courses and Diplomas in GST like
- An amateur’s course,an moderate course,
- An aptitude course or
- A business the board course.
- You can pick the one according to your prerequisites.
- They give learning kit.
- Fees: Rs.6500/-
* Certificate Attestation charges will be additional.
* For Offline learning:Additional training charges will be applicable.
6) vskills GST certification course:
- Vskills offers online training classes.
- Practical aspects of subject explained.
- Free practice tests.
- Hard copy of Study material.
- life long e-learning access
- have collaboration with monsterindia.com
- Fees: Rs.3499/-
7) Udemy GST Certification Course
Udemy : This course includes:
- 42 hours on-demand video
- 29 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
8) GST Certification Course by Tax Guru
Tax guru is a familiar and popular name where one can grab information on any tax topic .
They conduct classes on GST Certification Courses.
- Class room course /online
- CA Raman Singla:Program designer
- Partner – Devalya Advisory LLP
- Fees Rs.10000/- plus gst 18%
- Certificate by Ministry of M.S.M.E., Govt. of India, after the successful clearance of Online Exam.
- Excellent Faculty.
- Live Query Solution.
- GST Best Selling Book
- GST Book titled “Simplified Approach to GST – A Ready Referencer”
9)GST Certification Course by GST indiaexpert.com
India Expert has propelled a 60 hours course – “GST Executive,” which will furnish
- The understudies with a top to bottom knowledge on GST structure that will assist the understudies with having a promising vocation as GST Experts.
- The course will comprise of two modules. The substance will manage a total inclusion of GST alongside a top to bottom preparing on Excel, Tally and Business Accounting.
The significant features of the course are:
- Top to bottom information on GST
- Unique Focus on Important Topics
- Recreation Software on GSTN
10)GST certification course by:Training central.
Naukri learning Advocates this online self learning course.
- 1 hour of e-learning content
- Case study based approach with calculations.
- Fees: Rs.944/-
- It has detailed glossary to help the learner.
- Naukari learning helps in the registration to this course.
In a time where the commercial center is jumbled with information and instructional classes, deciding on the most fitting GST accreditation is a critical choice to break the ice. Additional, information will assist the candidate with getting employed quickly with a similar significant pay, profession development, and advancement chances to senior levels.
The tag of a Certified GST Professional increases the value of your vocation and causes you to break from the messiness of clones.