Writing web content is a different ballgame. Contrary to the printed text, web copy is usually glanced at. According to Neilsen’s research, only 16% of visitors read web pages word by word.
“The web visitors are looking for information. They will just scan your copy and quickly decide whether to stay or move on. It is impossible to impress visitors if they don’t read the whole thing.”
– Sonika Verma, Digital Marketing Manager.
If you are tasked with writing a web copy, you may have to revamp your writing game. Here are some tips to write great web content and attract web traffic:
Tip#1: Put First Things First
A web visitor will quickly scan your website and decide whether it is useful or not. So, always put the most important information first on your web page.
“It could be a simple statement describing what your product or business. Once the visitors know that it is what they were looking for, they might want to find out more.”
– Kapil Dhyani, Web Content Writer.
Tip#2: Be Simple. Be Effective
Stuffing clever phrases that require visitors to think doesn’t work for the web content. Keep your web copy simple and easy-to-follow.
- Use familiar words so that the people know that they are in the right place.
- Write short sentences and short paragraphs for easy reading.
- Avoid unnecessary words and repetitions.
- Use ‘You’, ‘Your’ so that visitors feel that you are addressing them directly.
Tip#3: Write Each Page Like An Entry Page
Instead of reading your home page first, the web visitors may start with any page of your website. While you can’t know where people will land on your website, you can ensure that your web page is like an entry page.
- Each page should be easy to scan and understand.
- The page should clearly tell visitors about your website.
- There should be a call to action on each page that tells people what to do next – go to the product description page, read testimonials, read another blog, buy the product, or contact the support team.
Tip#4: Help Visitors To Find You
“The visitors looking for information can be your potential customers. You can help them find you by answering the question about a certain product or service.”
– Kanika Dewan, Content Writing Head.
Check out the most recommended Online Content Writing Course for better understanding and detailed knowledge of the field.
- Use SEO tools like Adword or Google finder to find out keywords that the visitors are searching for.
- Provide useful information on one product on each page based on these keywords.
- Link each page to important pages on your website or other websites.
Tip#5: Make A Visual Impact
“A visually attractive website not only influences web visitors but also, enhances the readability of your content. You can make your web copy more impactful by including videos and images.”
– Manik Paul, Web Designer.
- While writing text, use different font sizes as people read the large text first.
- Use experts or customers quotes to add credibility.
- Add white space and avoid complicated sentences.
- Write in bold, italics, or CAPS to highlight important information.
- Break long paragraphs into numbered sentences or bullet points.
Writing useful web content is difficult. Keep these tips in mind to write simple, impressive content.
The web content is divided into two basic format in terms of SEO is 1- Non -template web content- It does not have much of infographic content. It mainly consists of paragraphs and bullets. The content mainly furnishes the details of amnesties or services provided by company. 2- Template web content – It is composed as per the specific format of the web page. It includes graphics and structural design. This template format is more prevalent in the modern websites
A website serves as a brilliant marketing platforms for all the companies. The various ital elements any website should have are: 1- Your product and services can easily be located on to your website. it should have a uesr friendly navigation. 2- Your design and layout should be user friendly. the webdesign should be responsive towards all kind of devices and screens. 4- The good quality content should be avaliable on your portal that has the potential to attract the customers. 5 – The testimonials sections of your website should display remarks and feedback from the satisfied customers.6- A section dedicated to FAQ’s should be encouraged. 7 – The About Us section of your portal should be capable enough to attract the readers and they should be able to relate themselves to it. 8 – Your Contact us page sould display a piece of detailed contact information about you.
It includes: 1- A good coordination between quality content marketing and Search engine optimization. 2- Explore target readers.3- Categorize you content and create a tiltle tag that helps in providing a signal to the Google for the easy location of the content. 4- basic formatting rules should always be followed. 5- Tag your content , if required. 6 – Utilize the value of Social media platforms. 7- Lastly, Stay motivated.
Check out the helpful tools for creative writers can help you enhance your content.
A web content strategy is the sequential process of planning for creating, delivering and governing of useful content for the target market or readers.