Table of Contents
Are you looking forward to making your career in the field of technical writing? Are you looking for the best technical writing courses in Mangalore? If yes, this blog will certainly have all the answers to your queries
According to one of the official websites of The US government, it is estimated that the scope for the Technical Writing domain is likely to increase by 7% in comparison to the current rate, which is faster than the average growth rate.
The employment progression will be driven and is directly proportionate to the new emerging products and services along with the expansion of the existing businesses in the industry.
The bottom line is that the demand for Technical Writers is relatively very high in the current market scenario. People are looking for acquiring complicated and high-end technology products and services provided the technical information is easy, faster, and simple to understand.
Find our Upcoming Batches of Technical Writing Course :-
|Starts Every Week||Live Virtual Classroom||15000||ENROLL NOW|
In simple terms, all those individuals who are passionate about breaking down complicated information into uncomplicated and convenient content, are called Technical Writers. There are plenty of Technical Writing Courses which can be easily opted for that will help you upskill your capabilities and potential.
Let us now discuss the different aspects of Tech Writing.
WHAT IS TECHNICAL WRITING?
Technical Writing is the practice of handing out verbal information, visuals, and illustrations, and documents into a simple and organized instructional training manual.
The primary role of a Technical Writer is to craft instruction manuals, how-to guides, journals, articles, and other subsidiary documents to make compound and technical facts more easily and make them relatable.
It is generally applied in technical and occupational fields such as chemistry, engineering, Bio-chemistry, robotics, finance, medical, consumer electronics/merchandises, digital or computer hardware/software, lifestyle and health-related subjects, etc.
Therefore, Technical Writing is an art that involves the process of writing and documenting, to simplify data of intricate and complex nature into a comprehensive and relevant portion of information.
SCOPE- TECHNICAL WRITING
Technical writing is a rising profile and is emerging in the industry with an abundance of positive opportunities. It is proving to be one of the most demanding careers in the current market scenario. Hence newer the concept, the bigger is the room for such opportunities.
Before purchasing a product or a service, the first thing that consumers will look for is its proper and clear instructions along with documentation which will help them to understand the procedure, assembling, configuration, and usage of the product or the service.
Ex: Manuals, installation guides for any electronic device or software, company documents, annual reports, etc.
The victory of a brand’s ultimate objective depends on the profits, sales, and goodwill earned, and that is possible through incredible SEO results and maximum consumer engagement. Hence, the role of a technical writer becomes relatively crucial and significant in attaining the principles and business potentials through absolute flawless content.
WHO CAN BE A TECHNICAL WRITER?
There is no hard and fast rule to be a Technical Writer. It would be an added advantage if you have the relevant knowledge and experience within the respective field. Nevertheless, the only two important things that matter are:
1. Your flair and passion for writing a brilliant content
2. Your problem-solving skills and the ability to simplify a complex task.
You don’t essentially need a degree to pursue Technical Writing. It depends purely on your writing, communication, and rational skills to achieve breakthroughs in this area.
It is an added advantage if you belong from a technical background or have appropriate experience in the technical field. Nevertheless, you can pursue your career in this arena by enrolling in intensive Technical writing courses that are effortlessly available on the online platform.
There are several institutions, online portals, colleges, and technical schools that offer Technical Writing courses.
The duration of the course depends on the nature of the course selected (level of intensity) and the academy you are enrolling into.
Typically these are the steps to becoming a tech writer:
- You need to complete your Bachelor’s degree
- Enroll in a Technical Writing Certification course
- Work hard on creating an impressive portfolio by listing down your work and samples
- Seek an internship before jumping straight into the technical writing pool like professional
- Strengthen your contact base through building your professional network
- Be on your toes by being aware of the changes in the current market and emerging new trends
- Choose to be a full-time employee or a freelancer as per your choice and achievements
Nowadays, individuals such as students, entrepreneurs, lawyers, engineers, journalists, marketers, and even homemakers, who come from different domains, backgrounds, and work experience can choose to opt for a technical writing stream.
The salary of a technical writer can vary based on different elements and sometimes is subject to the standard industrial scale. Factors such as
- the size of the company
- nature and severity of business
- the location of the business operation
- proficiency and skills of the candidate in the field of technical content writing
- number of years of experience in the Technical Writing field
Nevertheless, the majority of the time there is always room for negotiation to arrive at a favorable conclusion concerning the pay scale between the organization and the technical writer.
It entails a certain set of skills and expertise to fulfill various parameters of Technical Writing. You can say it as hybrids owning an uncommon blend of talents.
Below mentioned are a few basic skills that you must inculcate to stand out as a notable professional in the Technical Writing field.
- The communication skills must be upright to provide clear, simple, and well-articulated information
- Must have the basic knowledge about various technical tools and applications and be able to work on and deal with them as per the requirement
- Must have great writing and editing skills to create an engaging content
- Must have prodigious talent over the language, syntax, and diction
- Must have remarkable managerial and organizational skills to drive work smoothly and in a sequential order
- Must be able to blend critical and complex tasks/ data into simple results that can be easily understood
- Must be very resilient and adaptable as there is no prefix or shortcuts to work
- Must pay attention to briefing sessions and must have strong listening skills
- Must be capable of doing the required research work to deliver better technical content
- Must include different techniques and methods in the writing style such as flow charts, graphics, drawings, to make the content more simple and easy
- Must be able to screen the situation from a client or consumer’s point of view to have the requirements fulfilled effectively
- Must be a brilliant team player to derive relevant data from people working in different streams and hierarchy in the business structure
- Must be able to conduct necessary testing procedures through demonstrations and surveys to maximize the accuracy level in the technical content.
ADVANTAGES OF TECHNICAL WRITING:
We are aware of the rapid penetration of new products and services in the global market. The success of a brand, business, and product is directly impacted by consumer engagement and customer satisfaction.
This can be only achieved if the consumer is comfortable and aware of the features, installation process, application guidelines, and supporting documents are communicated in a simple, easy, and understandable language.
At this junction technical writing and technical content play a crucial role to administer and adhere to the objectives of the business.
Let’s take a look at a few of the benefits of technical writing mentioned below.
- It efficiently simplifies the intricate and complex information
- It helps in achieving the goal by drafting technical content that is simple, relatable, and coherent
- It creates interest within the minds of the user or the reader, thereby building a willingness to read. Hence technical writing is a highly engaging tool
- It is a promising approach to maintaining satisfying both the business and the end-user
- It integrates SEO concepts within the writing, thus enhancing the website ranking.
- The technical content is based on real-time and thereby meeting the highest professional standards
- It focuses on the relevancy as the information will be not only in papers but also on the digital platform
- It paves the way for the products and services to enter the market at a much faster rate.
TYPES OF TECHNICAL WRITING
As mentioned in the above segment, Technical Writers have to work along with not just one but many teams and folks across the business line. Sometimes, they even have to stretch outside their periphery zone to bring the finest results in their deliverables.
Technical writers most often have to work with graphic designers, editors, visual artists, IT teams, content leads and managers, illustrators, instructional designers, associates, and analysts to produce an excellent piece of technical content.
Technical writing encompasses one of the prime segments in technical communications. Therefore, it becomes inevitably important that the crux of technical writing meets the underlying features of the project or the product.
Below mentioned is a list of different types of technical writing that are generally worked upon in the Technical communications field.
- Reference guides
- How-to- videos
- Product manuals
- Online and embedded help
- Training course materials
- User/instruction manuals
- Web-based training
- White papers
- Annual reports
- API Documentation (Application Programming Interface)
- Product Descriptions
- FAQ pages
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Diagrams and Illustrations
- Warning labels
TOOLS USED IN TECHNICAL WRITING
Flawless writing and strong communication skills is a non-negotiable component of technical content. However, you must equally be proficient in the tools that are used in this arena.
Since the network these days is intensely built on the digital platform, it becomes necessary for a technical writer to have hands-on practice on the required tools and software.
Given below is a list of a few important tools that are used in technical writing.
- Google Docs.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Framemaker
- Media Wiki
- Adobe RoboHelp
- HTML or text Editor
As mentioned in the previous topics, to be a professional and competent technical writer it becomes mandatory to enroll in a recognized Technical Writing Course and complete it.
Below is a list of the best forums that provide the best Technical Writing Courses in Mangalore.
Top Technical Writing Courses in Mangalore
1. HENRY HARVIN EDUCATION
Henry Harvin Education is one of the premium training institutes that provides both online and traditional classroom sessions. The Technical Writing Course is graded No.1 in the business currently by Trainings360.
It offers various other courses to enhance writing as well as technical expertise such as Technical writing, SEO writing, copywriting, business writing, Academic writing, and many more.
The Technical Writing Course offered at Henry Harvin will help you to work on writing skills as well as support you to understand and examine the wide spectrum involved in the turf of Technical Writing.
- Duration: It comprises 24 hours of intensive online training (1 Month), and 24 hours of live online brush-up sessions along with 50 hours of rigorous e-learning classes.
- Tasks: You get to experience real-time industrial based projects and case studies during the training
- Faculty: The course is tailored by well-informed and experienced mentors from the industry who have years of extensive experience in different domains
- Fee: you can avail of the course at a highly discounted price which is worth INR 9,500
Membership: Get 1-year membership at Henry Harvin availing of added benefits such as:
- opportunity to build a strong network base with 18,000+ alumni worldwide
- The membership includes an incredible chance to access recorded videos, case studies, projects, etc.
- Avail the advantage of attending the 12 monthly brush-up sessions and Q&A sessions for 1 year which is worth INR 6,000, for Free
- Upon the successful completion of the Technical Writing Course, you are eligible to get internship support from the support team
- you are eligible to have the access to the LMS tools by Henry Harvin
You will earn a worldwide recognized Hallmark CTRW Certification upon the successful completion of the course
Once you have successfully finished the course, you will be able to:
- Inculcate the best practices and methods into your writing
- Understand different technical aspects
- Organize intense research papers as well as a thesis for various journals
- Improvise your analytical and research skills
- Build impeccable citations using different technical writing tools and software
- Opportunity to make your content highly engaging in nature
- Deliver complex technical content to a non-technical target audience
- Chance to establish yourself in guaranteed internship programs and projects which is solely entitled to CRTW Professionals
- 100% Placements support guaranteed in reputed firms.
Also Henry Harvin Provides these Courses
- Content Writing Courses
- Technical Writing Course
- Medical Writing Courses
- Henry Harvin Provides Technical Writing Course in Theses Cities:
Bangalore, Pune, Lucknow, Coimbatore, Jaipur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Faridabad
Henry Harvin® Technical Writing Course Ranks #1 in India by The Tribune, Higher Education
Education and Career Times (ECT) is claimed to be the only Content Writing training institute that is acknowledged and recognized by the Government of India. It’s one of the most 50 academies that provides a strong base in the Technical Content and Technical Writing field. They carry out their operations at 2 study centres, 50 batches, and with more than 700+ students and 30,000 community members associated with ECT.
It offers both online as well as traditional classroom training sessions. Hence, registering for the course is as easy as they claim it to be. Their participants are from all different age groups and education qualifications.
The course structure of technical writing is included as one of the core subjects in the Content writing Certification course.
To get through the certification, you have to go through these are the 5 steps mentioned below.
- Enroll in the course
- Attend 10 sessions
- Complete a target of 7 strong assignments
- You must ensure to complete 5 live projects, and lastly
- Earn your certification which is widely recognized.
Under the Technical Writing subject you will learn the following:
- The difference between Technical writing vs. other writing styles
- The fundamentals of Technical Writing
- Getting familiar with user manual writing skills
- Efficiently writing technical blogs and technical content
- Gain expertise required to focus on technical writing for non-technical graduates/students
- Best technical guides
One of the most effective and promising platforms connecting professionals and students is Udemy, Inc. It is an American based e-learning platform with an enormous open online course provider that aims at imparting professional content to adults and students. These courses are easily accessible and affordable.
The e-modules are driven by SME’s and top-notch professionals and trainers who have many years of experience in the respective field of Technical content marketing and Technical writing. There are thousands of related courses in the form of videos and these videos can be accessed by applying suitable filters such as relevancy, ratings, price, and the total number of enrolments, linguistic options, and duration of the video.
The top-rated and highly endorsed courses that Udemy offers in the Technical Writing field are listed below
- Professional Technical Writing: 10 Courses in 1 Ver7.1 (Top rated)
- 12 Technical & Business Writing Power Techniques for Success (Best ranked)
- Technical Writing: How to Write Software Documentation
- Professional Technical Writing: Advance Your Writing Skills
Important features of these videos vary at altered levels.
- Full lifetime access
- Rated best and have maximum enrolments of people in the Technical writing domain at Udemy
- Easily downloadable resources
- These videos can be easily accessed on your mobile, TV, or tablet
- Provides a certificate after successful completion of the course which is globally recognized
Established in the year 2003, Technokraft has been providing quality training in Technical Writing and Instructional Designing (ID). Over the past 17 years, They have trained thousands of students and professionals to excel in the field of Technical Content Writing.
- Intensive training to strengthen the basics of English that includes the language and the grammar
- Hands-on experience with technical tools and software such as MS-Visio, SnagIt, MS-Word (Advance level), Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe FrameMaker, etc.
- Regular and rigorous practice sessions through assignments, presentations, mock interviews, etc.
- Best trainers and highly efficient faculty members
- A certificate will be issued to you after finishing the course
- The technical writing curriculum imbibes the following
- For further details such as the duration and the fee structure, it is best to visit their official website or get in touch with the support team.
If you are looking for a place to learn new skills and enroll into courses from top-ranked universities across the globe, experienced professionals and experts, mentors from leading companies, all under one roof, then Coursera is the one-stop spot for you.
The Technical writing course is provided by multiple universities and has gained above 4.5 stars out of 5 ratings. There are several courses and you may choose to opt for one or more as per your requirement.
Two of the best-rated course are:
- Technical Writing: Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Preparing and passing technical Certifications
- The course is divided into 5 important parts
- Learn the fundamentals of Technical Writing (Concepts and Techniques)
- Guide to research techniques and reports
- Familiarizing with the nuances and requisites of technical content
- Learn how to draft and publish different technical reports such as Lab reports, consulting reports, progress reports, research reports, etc.
- You will have the flexibility to reset deadlines of classes and assignments per your schedule
- Earn a certificate after successful completion of the course
- The course can be filtered down on basis of duration, level of learning (basic, intermediate, or advance)
- It will take approximate 19-20 hours for finishing up the course
6. JER ONLINE
Being in the industry for the past 20 years, JER online definitely knows how to cater to individuals with a world-class and broad range of technical and career training programs. They have uniquely positioned themselves to provide the best online and customized training in partnership with renowned colleges, universities, and communities.
JER online has several other courses that are highly demanding and one of them is the Technical Writing Course.
There are 24 highly intensive programs dedicated only to the Technical Writing domain. You can pick one or more courses to build the right set of skills required in Technical content writing.
You can check out the details of the curriculum under each program for better understanding on their official website.
- Build a strong understanding of the Technical Writing Concepts
- The duration can vary from course to course. However, the average number of hours would be between 30-45 hrs. Per course
- Highly qualified and experienced mentors who are experts in the Technical Writing industry
- Periodic feedbacks and assignments from instructors
- Quizzes and activities are conducted regularly
- Get an Internationally recognized certificate after completing the course
- The course fee ranges from course to course, the lowest being 119 USD and the highest being 2,500 USD.
7. I BRUK
I Bruk was established in the year 2007 as a consulting and training firm dedicated to serving its clients as well as train individuals. The organization aims at creating niche talents by providing world-class services in terms of training in Technical Writing.
I Bruk offers two kinds of technical writing courses.
- Technical Writing Certification Course
- Technical Writing and Instructional Design (ID) course
You can check out the details of the curriculum under each program for better understanding on their official website.
- The program is designed for 1 month with weekdays as well as and weekend batch
- The course fee is priced at 30,000 INR
- The course covers the following agenda points:
Introduction to concepts of Technical Writing
- The DDLC structure
- Improvising on technical content and writing skills
- Getting comfortable with various tools and software
- Mastering MS-word and creating various manuals and Technical content samples
- Being fully aware of the emerging trends in the respective field
One of the pioneers in the online education platform, Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) is the largest and the leading autonomous distance learning education unit today in India. It caters to several programs at the post-graduation level (PG) in the field of management, IT, and Humanities Education.
The courses are tailored to individuals belonging to different professional and corporate backgrounds. With several accolades to its name, Symbiosis has been accredited by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
Technical Writing is one of the core distance learning courses that this institute focuses on. You can browse through their official website for detailed program structure semester wise.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- The duration of the program is 2 years and the registration is valid for 4 academic years.
- The curriculum is divided into rigorous 4 semesters.
- The course covers the basics of technical writing to the advanced level of technical writing application in the real world.
- The fee can be paid on a one-shot or installment basis (50,000 INR). You could avail yourself of the discounted prices as well upon request. The application form is charged separately.
Skillshare is an online learning platform covering subjects of diverse fields and nature. It is a vast pool of members coming together to not only learn but share their skills and expertise with individuals on the digital platform.
You will find a variety of modules under the Technical Writing dome. Choose to enroll in those modules as per your requirements based on the duration of the course, rating, proficiency level, etc.
Some of the best courses are listed below:
- Technical Writing – How to write using DITA XML (Top rated)
- The Process of Writing your Dissertation Simplified
- Get started with Technical Writing
- The Technical Writing process for beginners
10. The Aloysius Institute of Computer
11. Info Technology Institute of Computer Education
You can visit the Skillshare website for more such courses which are pocket-friendly yet highly valued and recommended.
There is a rising potential in the Technical Communication field with regards to Technical Writing. And hence there is a rising demand for the best Technical Writers in the industry. You need to identify the right source and the right guidance to make an incredible career in this field. Needless to say, it requires firm discipline, great communication, and writing skills, and patience to reach your end goal.
It is rightly said, “When I mentioned that I didn’t have the required degree or the technical experience, the hiring manager told me that he knew I could write well. He knew a secret that many managers of technical writers don’t: it’s much easier to teach technology than it is to teach all the fundamentals of good writing.” – Bureeda Bruner (Senior Technical Writer and Author)
How to Become a Technical Writer?
Answer: You need the right knack, the right communication skills set and lots of patience to meet the requirements of Technical Writing. Of course, a Technical Writing Certification course in your resume would be an added advantage.
2. Is there a demand for Technical Writers?
Answer: There is a huge demand for simple, easy, and content that is easily understood and relatable in the technical communication field. Though the career graph is slowly picking up momentum, there is positive growth and incredible potential in the field of Technical Writing, and hence greater is the demand for Technical Content Writers.
3. How much money can I make as Technical Writer?
Answer: The answer to this is undefined. Several factors involved when talking about making money in this profession. Skills, Proficiency, number of years spent in the business, the status of your portfolios and samples, the client base are some of the factors that influence your paycheque. A fresher in this field could make around 15,000 INR per month whereas an experienced writer can make up to a lakh and above per month.
4. What are the commonly used tools in Technical Writing?
Answer: There are several tools and software that a Tech writer is required to work on such as
- Adobe RoboHelp
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Frame maker and so on.
5. How can I enroll in the Technical Writing course?
Answer: There are hundreds of institutions and online portals that you can find on the search engine. You may look for the ones that are convenient and offer the right skills. Visit their websites, Google reviews and a few positive testimonials can help you decide the best platform for Technical Writing Courses.
- Technical Writing Course in India
- Technical Writing Course Online
- Content Writing Courses in India
- Content Writing Courses Online
- Creative Writing Courses in India
- Creative Writing Courses Online
Content Writing Course
with Gold Membership
*Learn from South Asia's Oldest Content Writing Course | Recognized by American Association of EFL, Content Writing Association of India, UK Cert, UKAF & MSME | Guaranteed Live Projects & Internship Opportunity.
Technical Writing Course
with Gold Membership
*A cutting-edge Technical Writing Course which teaches you the fine art of transforming data and information accumulated through a process or experimental work into technical documentations and guides.
Creative Writing Courses
with Gold Membership
Henry Harvin® Creative Writing Course Ranks#1 in India by The Statesman! Creative Master the creative writing skills to compose engaging Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Drama, and Poetry that will snap a reader’s curiosity from the advent to end of your write-up.
Medical Writing Training
Course and Certificate
A one-of-a-kind Medical Writing course which helps you get a thorough understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory writing as well as medico-marketing writing. Strengthen your writing prowess as you boost your skills as a medical and scientific writer. The Certified Medical Writer(CMW) certification is your key to success.Explore Popular Category
Thanks for sharing such a great information of the top technical writing courses in mangalore. It really helpful to me . I always search to read the quality content and finally i found this in you post. keep it up!
thank you for the top technical writing courses in mangalore. I learnt a lot about writing. The difference in technical writing and writing for professionals is vast, and the course helped me bridge that gap quite a lot.
This course is very helpful for developing technical writing skill. I learned so many things such as audience adaptation, format organization, styles of writing, etc. Thank you for providing this course!
Great writing skills are shown in this blog. The way the content is written and arranged is amazing.