Table of Contents
This Phlebotomy Course is a short-term curriculum that will prepare you to become a Phlebotomist. It is a course in Medical Lab Technology that leads to a certificate. You will learn the basics of judging the quality of blood and writing about it in this course. The course talks about modern ways to test for diseases and the kinds of diseases that can be found in blood samples.
A phlebotomist is a health care worker whose only job is to draw blood for testing and to help doctors, nurses, and medical laboratory technologists. “Blood collectors” is another name for them.
Phlebotomists are responsible for: examining a patient’s condition and treatment progress; preparing specimens for research; testing the donor’s blood type in case of a blood transfusion; labelling; talking to the patient and checking his or her vital signs; transporting blood samples to the lab for testing; keeping track of patients’ records.
Certification for Phlebotomy Courses
A certificate allows you to advance in your profession as a phlebotomist and become a valued member of a medical team by assisting nurses and doctors in diagnosing medical issues and better planning treatment plans. Phlebotomists play an important role in ensuring that patients obtain an accurate and fast diagnosis. Because the program is short, you will be able to enter the workforce sooner and earn valuable experience. This certification can also be obtained online, allowing an already employed lab technician to receive a certificate without regard to geography or time constraints, allowing working professionals to upskill and certify themselves without jeopardizing their respective positions or residence.
This curriculum focuses on the development of skills required to acquire essential blood such as:
- Collecting, storing, and transporting blood specimens, and so on.
- Using infection control measures, such as personal protective equipment (PPE) and disposing of biomedical waste with caution.
- Providing basic first assistance in the event of a venipuncture emergency.
Job Opportunities for Phlebotomy Students:
You will frequently be a patient’s only point of contact with the medical laboratory as a phlebotomist or laboratory technician. Aside from working in a laboratory, you can also find work in locations like private or public hospitals, blood banks, diagnostic centers, or clinics.
Here’s the list of Top 15 Phlebotomy course in Florida
1. Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology
Cambridge offers great training for healthcare and IT careers. Students can pursue their profession with the best teachers and administration, whose purpose is to help them succeed every day. The professors are the best in their industries and provide a warm learning environment. Students gain hands-on experience with medical equipment utilized in hospitals, resume and IT settings. Offers many clinical externships programs, giving students real-world exposure.
- Hands-on training: You’ll practice new skills in a real-world setting. Through hands-on instruction, you’ll learn everything from drawing blood to preparing test samples.
- Our professors and staff want you to succeed. We’re here to help with homework or questions.
- At the end of your program, we’ll help you find a job. We work with regional care facilities to place qualified students.
For more info on the program visit https://www.cambridgehealth.edu/
2. American Vocational Academy
At American Vocational Academy, goal is to give the best and most useful training in the technical medical field and health care services. The program is taught in a professional, academic, and stimulating setting. This will help our students develop strategic values and good performance, which will lead to the highest level of success.
- Learn the basics and then use them in our school labs.
- After you finish your course, you’ll be able to take practice tests and get ready for your certification.
- Start today and get money for school to help you do well at your own pace.
For more info on the program visit https://amvoacademy.com/
3. Florida Healthcare Academy
Florida Healthcare Academy has over 12 years of nursing education experience. Home Health Aide, Phlebotomy, Nursing Assistant, Electrocardiograph Aide, Patient Care Technician, and Pharmacy Technician courses are available.
- We offer the best and most dedicated lecturers and a large selection of courses.
- We have many solutions. Our experts can show you how easy it is to start a new career.
- Our classrooms are open throughout business hours, and we offer practice exams before certification. Our learning environment allows you to study clinical information and skills in a safe environment.
- Our short, fast-paced courses help you reach your goals quickly.
For more info on the program visit https://fhcaorlando.com/
4. Florida Gateway College
FGC tailors’ programs to your lifestyle and needs. Small classes and personalized courses provide one-on-one help. Florida Gateway College enrolls around 6,000 students annually. Beyond graduation, we care. We help with career services, coaching, and alumni engagement.
- 60+ Degrees and Programs
Degree and Certificate Program
- 15 Online Programs
Programs that can be fully completed online
- 18-to-1 Student-to-Teacher ratio
Average number of students in a classroom to one teacher
For more info on the program visit https://www.fgc.edu/
5. Florida State College at Jacksonville
The FSCJ Phlebotomy Technician high program teaches the newest blood collection processes, skills, standards, and equipment. Our curriculum combines theory and practice. You’ll learn Infection Control, Legal Issues in Healthcare, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Phlebotomy Equipment & Supplies, Phlebotomy Procedures, and Phlebotomy Basics. Our Phlebotomist program has two parts. Students must finish the Basic Healthcare Worker and Phlebotomist courses to be able to take the National Healthcare Association (NHA) Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Exam.
- The course includes in-person laboratories three days a week at four distinct FSCJ locations, as well as an online lecture every Monday.
- Assists in locating financial aid resources and may provide partial funding to qualified candidates.
For more info on the program visit https://www.fscj.edu/
6. Miami Dade College
Since the program’s establishment, MDC has been recognized a “Great College to Work For.” The College accepts its mission to be a global economic, cultural, and civic leader. MDC graduates hold top leadership positions in every major industry and contribute $3 billion to the local economy. MDC’s cultural activities is well-known. Since 1960, MDC has admitted over 2,000,000 students, and over 100,000 are enrolled.
- We are one of the country’s biggest and most varied institutions.
- Pay for your education via financial help and other methods.
- Our student/teacher ratio is 25:1. It’s simple to make connections with instructors and other students.
For more info on the program visit https://www.mdc.edu/
7. North Florida Medical Institute
North Florida Medical Institute offers Phlebotomy and Venipuncture training. Our lecturers are experienced Medical Technicians, Medical Assistants, and Phlebotomists.
- The curriculum is for novice and experienced medical professionals who want to specialise.
- Gives pupils industry knowledge and hands-on training to increase their confidence and competency.
For more info on the program visit https://nflmi.com/
8. Northwest Phlebotomy School Tampa
Northwest Phlebotomy School may customise learning sessions depending on your facility’s needs and patient demographics. We use a high academic quality as a guide for our teachers to tailor our curriculum to whatever requirements you may have and to accommodate a wide range of staff experience levels.
- We can give remote or on-site training
- Group trainings for medical assistants, nurses, EMTs, and oral surgeon offices.
For more info on the program visit https://www.nwphlebotomyschool.com/
9. EMS Phlebotomy and Clinical Training Inc.
EMS Phlebotomy and Clinical Training Inc. is committed to offering exceptional educational options that focus skill growth and information. We support excellent educational standards that foster critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, rational inquiry, problem solving abilities, and creativity. Our curriculum is meant to help students demonstrate personal accountability via self-development and evaluation, respect, caring, and justice, and commitment to the healthcare profession through high standards of practise in healthcare delivery.
For more info on the program visit https://www.emsphlebotomytraining.com/
10. Beacon Hill Career Training
Beacon Hill Career Training knows that due to expansion, the medical business needs healthcare personnel with the right skills and qualifications.
As the healthcare business grows, we improve our training methods and approach to help you excel. We’ve helped students since 2011.
Our curriculum prepares students for entry into the Phlebotomy profession and lays the groundwork for them to pass the National exam.
For more info on the program visit https://www.beaconhillcareertraining.com/
A. Phlebotomists’ main job is to get blood from patients, but they can also help keep and organise records about the patients.
A. The minimum educational qualification is either a diploma or certificate program or Bachelor’s Degree in Science from any recognised/approved institute.
A. Phlebotomist, Specimen Processor, Lab Assistant, Collection Specialist, Plasma Center Technician, Central Processing Technician, Donor Technician.
A. Hospitals, Clinics, Blood Banks, Clinical Laboratories, Other Health Care Centers
A. Phlebotomy is considered an entry-level job because becoming a phlebotomist takes very little training. Even so, this is still seen as a great career choice because it can lead to growth in other fields.