Table of Contents
Medical Billing and Medical Coding are essential departments in the Healthcare sector and have become quite popular. If you are from Science background and are confused to choose a particular field you can opt for Medical Billing Course. The career opportunities are promising in this field and it’s a fun and interesting process.
Now, let’s take a look at What is Medical Billing?
What is Medical Billing?
Medical billing is a crucial area in the healthcare sector but it cannot be done without medical coding which is another crucial area in the healthcare sector.
Medical billing and coding are interconnected and without one sector the other can’t work. How? Well, medical billing is the process of using the alphanumerical codes to create insurance claims and guarantee benefactors get repaid for their healthcare services.
Without the alphanumerical code, the biller won’t be able to create the bills and then here comes the coders. The job of the medical coder is to convert the patient’s health insights into general, clinical, alphanumeric code. These insights can be collected from patient’s clinical records, physician’s notes, laboratory outcomes and various documentation.
These codes then are used by the medical billers to make protection claims and ensure the supporters get compensated for their medical care favours.
Here are the top 08 Medical Billing courses in Hyderabad that you can take a look at.
1. Henry Harvin
Why Henry Harvin?
Henry Harvin is one of the top organisations that provide medical courses in Hyderabad Henry Harvin is the world’s leading training and certification platform and has sustained over 2,00,000 fellows.
The Institute ranks among the Top 500 Global Edtech companies with 3,00,000+ Alumni and Top 100 Edtech organisations of India, 900+ B2B Clients, 500+ Award Winning Trainers and 200+ Courses. They have a client base in over 97+ nations.
An overview of the course:
This Medical Training Course covers all parts of Medical Terminology with expertise to sustain all parts of the revenue cycle including Anatomy, diseases, strategies, diagnostics instruments tests, and treatments coupled with Medical Coding. It also includes key traits like ICD-10-CM (International Classification of Diseases 10th Revision Clinical Modification), CPT (Current Procedural Terminology), and HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedural Coding System).
Prime features of the course:
· The program includes 80 hours of Two-Way live online interactive sessions.
· Ability to experience projects in the relevant fields of HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, CPT and many more.
· Provides Internships to the learners to gain hands-on experience in the medical Billing Training Course.
· Flaunt your insights with a Certificate of Completion of Professional Biller from Henry Harvinâ Government of India recognized and Award-Winning Institute.
· 100% placement support 01-year post successful completion of the course.
· This E-learning platform provides you access to countless tools and methodologies, along with video content, assessments and more.
· Regular Bootcamp Sessions will be conducted throughout the year.
· Hackathons and competitions hosted by #AskHenry are free to enter.
· Get 01-year Gold Membership of Henry HarvinÒ Medical Academy for the Medical Billing Training course.
- Experts with over 10+ years of working experience in the industry.
- Have been welcomed for 250+ keynote classes for Medical Coding Course.
- Have conveyed 210+ lectures and are currently enrolled as domain experts with Henry Harvin® Medical Academy
Perks of Gold Membership:
¨ Free E-learning access through recorded videos, games, projects, and CPDSPe Studies.
¨ Free Bootcamp Sessions for a year.
¨ obtain the Prestigious Henry Harvin®️ Alumni Status and become one of the renowned 3,00,000+ Alumni across the globe.
¨ Guaranteed Internship with Henry Harvin®️ or accomplice firms.
¨ Weekly job opportunities are offered.
¨ Experience Industry Projects during the training.
· Master the clinical language and how to properly use it.
· Unravel how to adapt to challenging medical languages such as eponyms, acronyms, homophones and antonyms.
· Find out about the genuine coding method and history of the ICD-10-CM Coding System.
· Recognise the common medical abbreviation, symbols and plural words.
· Find out about Confidentiality while managing Medical Records.
· Figure out how to code an assortment of sicknesses, parasitic problems, and diseases.
· Showcase the capacity to utilize the three significant coding manuals, CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II, and apply clinical need guidelines.
· In this active course, you’ll learn all that there is to be aware of V-codes, E-codes, and ICD-10-CM coding.
It is not quite necessary to have a professional certificate to start a career in medical billing and coding but in some parts, it might come in handy.
· Exposure to millions of Medical Billing jobs throughout the world.
· Get the opportunity to work with global brands like Google, Amazon, JP Morgan, Netflix, Oracle and other top names in the Medical Billing business after effectively finishing the Medical Billing Training Course.
· As a freelancer or a full-time proficient, you can earn a lot of money.
· Your CV and LinkedIn profile will profit from your specialised and proficient success.
· You can lay out your profile and exhibit your abilities with the Course Completion Certification of Medical Billing Training Course.
Other courses provided by Henry Harvin Education:
Cities in India where Medical Billing Courses are available:
Pune, Bhopal, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Kolkata, Agra, Chennai, Online and Hyderabad.
02. American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
AAPC is the world’s biggest training and credentialing institution in the healthcare organization with members globally working in medical billing and coding, compliance, auditing, clinical documentation improvement, practice management and revenue cycle management.
They provide numerous opportunities for industry experts to strengthen their intelligence and boost their careers through their career training, continuing education and networking events.
An overview of the course:
This medical billing course provides the most recent information related to the medical claims industry and different compensation techniques for the right claim submission.
The initial course duration is of four months however AAPC provides additional two months grace period giving a full six months of access from the date of purchase.
Aside from perusing and study time, this course incorporates around 80 hours of contact work. After the successful completion of the medical billing training course, the students are prepared to sit for the Certified Professional Biller (CPB) exam and work in a medical billing department at a doctor’s office, clinic, and other medical services entity.
· Connect with over 2,00,000 professionals in the medical sector.
· Learn from industry experts.
· Four free webinars on the healthcare industry every year.
· Savings on all AAPC products and hundreds of national and local brands for shopping, restaurants, travel, etc.
· Earn more with certification.
· Gain access to the resources for medical billing jobs.
CPB training course packages:
|Certified Professional Biller (CPB)Training||CPB course||CPB complete training package||CPB Career Training package||Live online instructionCPB Career Training Package|
|CPB Preparation Course +free Career Development Modules||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CPB Online Practice Exams||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free Code Books||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Denials Management and Appeals Reference Guide||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Live Online Instructor||No||No||No||Yes|
Other training offered by AAPC:
· Advanced Neurology and Neurosurgery Coding Course
· Anatomy Online Course
· Pathophysiology Online Course
· Medical Terminology Online Course and many others.
03. Medesun Healthcare Solutions
Why Medesun Healthcare Solutions?
Medesun Healthcare Solutions is a top institute in the Medical Billing and Coding field. Here you get trained by a world record trainer Dr. Santosh Kumar Guptha with 42 Certifications and the US Certified Faculties with 04 to 09 years of experience in the medical field.
Here they provide online training, classroom training, HIPAA Training, CPCÒ Training, COCÒ Training and many other medical-related trainings. The fees for the Medical Billing Training Program are 25000 rupees excluding taxes.
Perks of learning from Medesun Healthcare Solutions:
· Experience self-paced learning
· Receive individualized attention
· Certification of completion
· 24/7 Access
· Learn HIPAA Compliance Training in detail along with Medical Billing Training online for no extra cost.
· Affordable Medical Billing classes
· Hone all the essential hard and soft skills in the medical billing industry.
· The trainees are provided with specialized software obtaining practical experience at the training stage.
Other courses offered by Medesun Healthcare Solutions:
· Medical Coding – AAPC CPC Exam
· Medical Billing – AMBA CMRS Exam
· HIPAA/HL7 – CHA and HL7 Certification Exam
· ICD-10-AM, ACHI, ACS, Australia Coding
If you’re expecting job placements after learning then this institute isn’t for you as they don’t provide job opportunities.
04. Udemy Inc
Udemy Inc. is another best online learning platform where you can choose to learn from over 1,85,000 online video courses with new increments distributed every month.
You can master the medical billing course from Udemy with the help of medical experts at an affordable range. Here they offer both paid and free classes. The total course videos for medical billing are 1298 combining both paid and free classes. You can choose as per your preference.
The price for the courses they offer is quite affordable starting at only 1299 rupees. They also often provide offers where you can easily purchase a higher amount of course on a reasonable budget.
Along with the medical billing course, Udemy also provides other different courses in the medical field as well such as
· Medical Terminology 101
· Medical Coding
· Medical Coding Inpatient DRG (PCS Practical Lab)
· Healthcare IT Decoded and many more
Perks of learning medical billing from Udemy:
· Lifetime access to the courses you have purchased
· Certification will be provided but only if you purchase the course. Note that the certificate provided by the institute is not officially accredited.
· If you are not satisfied with the course, in the first 30-days you will get your money back without any questions asked.
· There are in total of 1298-course videos for learning the medical billing and the best part is you get trained directly from the medical field experts.
· You get to select your own language in which you want to learn the course.
· Subtitles are available for a better understanding.
· Quizzes are conducted to sharpen your knowledge about the medical billing field.
· Practice tests are conducted.
The companies associated with Udemy:
Nasdaq, box, NetApp, Eventbrite
CareerStep is a part of Carrus, one of the world’s most trusted online healthcare training providers. Here they help you achieve your dream career. They offer courses at reasonable prices with flexible schedules. They have been providing quality healthcare training for over 25 years now.
An Overview of the course:
· The course includes a total of 618 hours of online training with 14 individual courses.
· You will learn the essential skills employers expect from medical billing experts
· The course contains relevant and interactive content and they will teach you as per the current scenarios.
· You will be provided with a crash course in career readiness and valuable hands-on experience with genuine medical records.
Perks of learning from CareerStep:
· 24/7 Access to a full Medical Billing Training Program where you can train as per your needs and as per your own terms.
· Gain essential skills
· Have any queries? You can ask for help at any time of the day.
· CareerStep trains you for the CBCS, CPC, COC, and CCS-P Certification Exams.
· Helps you build a strong foundation
· You’ll learn through reenactments and genuine situations that will give you experience that applies straightforwardly to your everyday challenges once at work.
· Professional study materials created by the experts to sharpen your knowledge.
· Certificate of completion.
They are associated with the companies such as nha, ahdi, AMCA, Walgreens, Davita, San Francisco Department of Public Health, grace Health, Military One Source, UTEP, Cincinnati State, Auburn University, Canvas, Paypal and many more.
06. Ashworth College
Why Ashworth College?
Ashworth College is an online institution since 1987 and here they provide budget-friendly and career-focused online training.
In this medical billing course, the trainers (Medical Field experts) teach you how to convert patient insights into insurance claims accurately and precisely.
You will be accustomed to reimbursement techniques and best practices concerning the law, morals, privacy, correspondence, electronic clinical records, and medical coding.
You will audit clinical terminology concerning the body frameworks, pharmacology and pathology prior to planning for the billing and coding professional certification exam.
Perks of learning from Ashworth College:
· Affordable medical billing program with 0% interest monthly payment options.
· Flexible online training
· Professional certification from NHA
· eBook with simChart for the medical office, step-by-step coding and Buck’s coding exam review.
· ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS Level 2 manuals
· Binder mobile app for your study materials.
· Student Portal dashboard access.
· Online libraries and labs
· An active online community of fellow students, staff and graduates.
· Real-world experience
Other related courses offered by Ashworth College:
· Medical Billing, Career Certificate
· Medical Office Assistant, Career Diploma
· Medical Transcription, Career Diploma
Ashworth College is accredited by
· Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
· Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
· American veterinary medical Association (AVMA) and Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA)
· Better Business Bureau
· Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
· National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.
They are associated with:
· ASE Education Foundation (formerly NATEF)
· Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI)
· AutoDesk, Inc.
· National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
And many others.
07. Rasmussen College
Why Rasmussen College?
Rasmussen College offers both online and offline certified medical billing and coding training program where you will learn the most efficient ways to work with patient’s insights and privacy.
The duration of the course is nine months where you will learn 10 courses at your preferred time.
Perks of learning from Rasmussen College:
· Online interactive sessions
· AHIMA Virtual labs
· Real-world case studies
· Enhance strong clinical terminology, anatomy and pathology insights.
Other programs offered by Rasmussen College:
· Health Information Technician
· Health Information Management
· Medical Administrative Assistant
Rasmussen College is Accredited by:
· Rasmussen University: Institutional Accreditation
· Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
· National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
· Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
and many more.
08. Miller-Motte College
Why Miller-Motte College?
· They provide flexible online training programs
· Industry expert trainers
· Provides career aid
· Apart from classroom training they also provide externship opportunities for their students where they get to train in a workplace environment to hone their skills.
What you will learn:
· How medical office systems work
· Medical coding
· Medical insurance billing
· Allied health orientation
· Practical computer applications
· Health information systems
· Organisational dynamics
· Statistics and registers
· Prepare you for the certification exam
Certification is required in most of the fields. In the medical billing field, it is not necessary to have a certificate of the course but still, I have listed some.
What is alphanumeric code?
CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) codes in the medical sector are five-digit alphanumeric codes comprising five numbers and sporadically might have four numbers and letters provided upon the kind of services.
These codes are accustomed to recognising services offered to patients, for instance, clinical and radiological services.
A Medical Biller and Coder can commonly be found:
· Analysing patient data and health insights.
· Allocating codes to the symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and other important insights from a patient visit, using classification software.
· Guaranteeing the authenticity, appropriateness, and absoluteness of this information.
· Entering charges into a system, structure, or report to create a claim.
· Sending claims to the suitable payer.
· Posting payments as they are received.
· Circling back to payers, for instance, insurance agencies and patients.
Take a look at these 10 desirable billing and coding certifications:
01. Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
02. Certified Coding Associate (CCA)
03. Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
04. Certified Coding Specialist – Physician-based (CCS–P)
05. Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC)
06. Certified Medical Coder (CMC)
07. Certified Outpatient Coding (COC)
08. Certified Professional Biller (CPB)
09. Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
10. Certified Professional Coder-Player (CPC-P)
So these were the top 08 Medical Billing Courses in Hyderabad. As most of these institutes provide online training programs you can easily access these programs and learn from them in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune or any other part of the world.
Ans. Medical Billers convert the codes they get from Medical Coders into insurance claims and ensure that the medical services are compensated precisely.
Ans. Detail-oriented people with good focus and keyboard skills can excel at this job.
Ans. The prices differ between schools. Some may charge per credit hour and some a flat fee for the entire course.
Ans. Every type of human medical facility needs medical billing and coding specialists: doctor’s offices, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic testing laboratories, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Ans. Medical Billers need to have an eagle eye as they sift through paperwork and have exceptional communication skills to contact patients and payers. You must also know the ropes of records management and accounting to work with claims, patient statements, and other financial documents.