Content Writing Tutorial for Beginners
1. Read as Much as You Can
- Make reading your hobby.
- Start reading articles and blogs on the internet on a regular basis.
- Read as much as you can so that your mind never runs out of ideas.
- The habit of reading will keep you updated with the latest trends and hot topics to write whenever needed.
- The more you read, the more you know, the more you know, more you can write/share.
2. Stay in Research Mode all the Time
- A writer is someone who should know everything, and for that, you have to be in research mode at all times.
- This will enhance your knowledge base and being a writer; you will be able to write everything.
- Start with your favourite topics like technology, automobiles, politics, innovation, or anything, just start reading and researching more in that area.
3. Improve your Vocabulary and Grammar
- In order to start a career in writing your grammar should be on tips.
- Also, your vocabulary should be very strong. You should be ready with synonyms or good alternatives of different words that you use in your content.
- You can use your spelling and grammatical error by using different free online grammar and spell check tools.
- In the beginning, to attract more readers towards your writing, try giving catchy titles.
- Captivating headlines will grab the attention of more and more readers, and you will get more clicks.
5. Put your Most Important Information First
- It’s important to put your most important and valuable information first and anything else after that.
- Frame your first 2 sentences most in the most compelling and interesting way. It will hook the readers till the end.
- For example, you can start with a joke or share an experience related to your life which can connect the reader.
- Using subheadings make the content even more readable.
- It makes the content sharp and crisp.
- It grabs the viewer’s attention immediately and gives a brief idea of the topic written below the heading.
7. Ignore lengthy Paragraphs
- Refrain absolutely from writing lengthy paragraphs, at least in the beginning of your writing career.
- Place single idea in a single paragraph, so that your idea can easily reach the reader.
- Instead of the length, you need to focus on the quality of your work.
8. Make it Precise
- Always write to the point and relevant content.
- Make sure that you frame your ideas in a compressed way.
- Precise content is meaningful and looks attractive. Readers like scannable content and will give it a look if its specific.
- Strat your topic with the conclusion so that your reader gets a brief about your content and your entire talk.
9. Edit and Edit Again
- Once you have written your piece of content, read it a couple of times.
- Edit your first draft until it becomes perfect.
- Editing will help in removing any typing or spelling error.
- The first draft always has silly mistakes after you have finished writing. Hence double check your work before submission or publishing.
10. Write Everyday
- In the beginning, when you are starting your writing career, make a routine of daily writing and follow it up without a miss.
- Keep it up to 300-500 words and write each day to get into the habit of writing and improve your writing style.
Content writing is a field filled with money and prestige, all you need is dedication and hard work. To start a career in writing, you have to start writing every day and develop a habit of reading. As a beginner, you can start off with a word count of around 200 words. Start writing every day at the same time and stick to the routine. Once your brain is conditioned and set to get a creative flow of ideas to write, then, you can move on to a bigger word count and the category that you want to master.
Focus on the right flow of the content.
One more important point to be noted is never ever stop what you are doing, keep continuing and you will succeed. To improve your writing skills, get yourself enrolled in Certified Digital Content Writing Course (CDCW) by Henry Harvin Education.