Content Writer Salary
There is a huge demand for content writers in every sector today, and depending on your experience, you get paid attractively. There is no set industry standard when it comes to content writing salary. If you are good at it and you can sell yourself well, then you can get good pay.
Salary of a content writer depends on a few things such as:
1. Your prior experience
2. Do you have any freelancing experience?
3. Your knowledge of SEO?
4. How good are your content writing skills?
5. location of the job
6. The company where you are applying
7. Your roles and responsibilities
• Average Salary
Minimum Qualification: Graduate
The average salary for content writers in India is around Rs. 2 lakhs per annum. Cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad gives higher salaries to content writers, whereas Kolkata and Chandigarh provide a lower range.
• Experienced Writers Just like any other job, content writing jobs also have fluctuating salaries based on experience. If you are a skilled and experienced writer, then the pay increases without any limitations.
While an intern/fresher makes around Rs. 2.2 lakhs per annum
A Senior Writer may earn around Rs. 3.6 lakhs – 4 lakhs lakh per annum
• Salary depending on experience:
1. Industry/freelancing experience of 0-2 years– You are a fresher in the content writing industry.
Salary between 3.5 lakhs per annum – 4.0 lakhs per annum.
2. Have industry/freelancing experience between 2-5 years– You are termed as an experienced writer in the industry
Salary between 5 lakhs per annum – 8 lakhs per annum
3. Industry/freelancing experience of 5+ years– Now you are termed as a content master, and you can manage a team of writers to run the content marketing of the company.
Salary between 9 lakhs per annum – 15 lakhs per annum.
• Technical Writers
Technical writers are in high demand. Their attention is mostly on technicalities related to a programming company or IT firm. A technical writer is must for technology-based companies like Oracle, Adobe and similar brands.
Minimum Qualification: Graduate
Salary range: Rs 50,000 to Rs 1.7 lakh a month
Technical Writing pays higher salaries than general content writing.
For example, a Technical Writer at TCS earns around Rs. 5 lakhs lakh per annum
• Freelance Writers
The salary of a freelance content writer depends on their writing skills and writing experience, and efficiency.
Salary range: A good and experienced freelance writer in India can earn from 20,000 INR to 25000 INR per month while beginner writers can earn from 8000 INR to 10,000 INR per month. However, it also depends on how much time you can dedicate and quality of your content. If you are spending quality of content on deadlines given by clients, then surely you will get more work and money.
The above-mentioned factors regulate the salary of a content writer, but the rest depends on the fact that how much dedicated you are.
Content writers are responsible for the creation, writing, and editing of many types of content. They work for a variety of industries, such as marketing or technical fields.
A full-time content writer can definitely earn a decent amount. However, your earning is based onyourorganisation, the quality of your content and your dedication to your job. If you have the passion for writing good, you will be paid well.