Table of Contents
What are the top design thinking courses? How to get a design thinking certification? These are a few of the vast number of asked questions on Google these days. Reason? Read ahead.
All skilful innovators today in business, art, engineering, literature, science, architecture, and several other domains are using and practising design thinking. You ask why? The answer is simple. To solve problems innovatively and creatively. Today innovation is everyone’s business.
“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
The reason for design thinking being so popular is that the entire world seems to be working along these lines nowadays.
At every level, in every organization, as a manager in a multinational corporation, as a teacher in primary school, as an entrepreneur with a start-up, in a government role. In our designs, in our countries, in our businesses, in our lives, everyone everywhere is trying to do better with less. To devise new techniques to become an innovative thinker and generate creative solutions to problems spanning from everyday elementary use to intricate business issues.
This makes obvious the high acclaim and demand for design thinking. Therefore, clear why design thinking courses are so trending. Also, this makes design thinking certification highly attractive in your portfolio with the employer.
We know looking for the best design thinking course can be a little overwhelming.
Worry Not! We have broken down the blog into digestible chunks for you. Let us dive first into a few often-asked questions.
Let us cut to the chase and deliberate over the best design thinking courses in Chennai.
Top 10 Design Thinking Courses in Chennai
Now you are acquainted with the essentials of design thinking. This naturally means that you are also aware of the value and importance that the design thinking courses hold. This makes it even more important to choose the best of the best for your design thinking certification.
Before making a choice, you should be aware of all the pros and cons of the institutes offering design thinking certification. Don’t worry! We have done all the legwork for you.
Here is a compiled list of the 10 Best design thinking courses in Chennai. In this list, we give you the program highlights, pros, cons, and other fundamentals provided by the institute.
Hope this list will help you make an informed choice for yourself.
Note – The following list is an assortment and not in order of ranking.
1. Henry Harvin
Let us first start with our platform and to give an unbiased list; we will not review our institute and rather just talk about the facilities and services offered.
Henry Harvin is one of the leading institutes, acknowledged by the industry, in supplying design thinking courses. Trained over 1835+ participants, we offer classroom as well as online classes options.
Accredited and affiliated by renowned industry associations such as MSME, CERT, and others, we supply detailed training in design thinking.
KEY FEATURES –
- DURATION – 24 hours of Core Sessions along with recorded videos available for the next year at our Learning Management System (LMS) + Monthly brush-up sessions for one year.
- FACULTY – Internationally acclaimed expert trainers with extensive knowledge and ability of the subject. Our trainers have multi-domain exposure and help candidates’ field ready. Special training helps students find the root causes of issues, develop business ideas, and breed solutions with applications on various industry case studies.
- MEMBERSHIP + LIVE PROJECTS – Lifetime Membership of Henry Harvin’s Management Academy. Unlimited opportunities to work on 10+ Live Projects enabling you to experience industry dynamics during the training. E-learning Access with Games, Case Studies, and Projects.
- INTERNSHIP + JOB SUPPORT – In addition to this, Guaranteed Internship with Henry Harvin, or partner firms + Job Support of 10+ job opportunities offered weekly (inclusive but not limited to Interview Skills + Career Services). Also, include skill enhancement sessions for interviews to better prepare you for corporates.
- Globally accepted Curriculum of Design Thinking Certification.
- TRUSTED BY – 180+ leading corporates such as Deloitte, Avon Cosmetics, NTPC, Abbott Pharma, Apollo Tyres, Fidelity Investments and more. 75+ Colleges including 12+ IIMs (IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Kolkata, etc.) and 7+ IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, etc.)
- Based on 5-Phase method and advanced design thinking certification skills. These skills help with high paying job titles such as Design Entrepreneur, Hybrid Design Researcher, Business Designer, and more.
Why Choose Us?
Henry Harvin’s commitment and vigour motivate the trainers to provide their students with the finest services. The success stories of the design thinking students reflect the very same.
Henry Harvin gives a broad spectrum of 100+ courses stretched over various academies including Analytics, Writing, Finance, Law, Management, Digital Marketing, TEFL, and TEEN.
Also, our due diligence and utmost dedication have mirrored in our rank. Henry Harvin’s design thinking courses stand at RANK #1 in an extremely competing industry.
Check out Henry Harvin’s Design Thinking Courses page to know more about the course details, training methodology, career benefits, and learning benefits of taking the design thinking Certification course with us.
Henry Harvin Design and thinking course Fee
Henry Harvin Design Thinking Course Ranks #1 by India Today
Henry Harvin also provides these courses
- Blockchain Certification Training Course
- Product Management Course
- HR US Payroll Course Training
- HR UK Payroll Course Training
Cities in India where Henry Harvin Korean Language Course is Provided:
2. Design-Led Strategy: Design thinking for business strategy and entrepreneurship
Offered by The University of Sydney. You can take this design thinking course on Coursera which is 100% online. You can learn at your own pace and on your schedule from the comforts of your home.
The course details are:
- It is a 5-week 20-hour program.
- Learn about what is ‘Design Strategy’. How Design Strategy is different from traditional Business Strategy and Design Thinking?
- For entrepreneurial managers looking to learn techniques and strategies to develop innovative products and services.
- Guided by customer insights to market products quickly ranging from small-medium sized enterprises through corporates to large industrial segments.
- Address the challenges that managers face in being creative and innovative and seeing the ideas through the board meeting of the corporates.
- A deep dive into the practical application and introducing breakthrough ideas. Studying the impact of these methodologies on the global re-insurance giant, Swiss Re and Australia’s financial institution, UBank.
- Analyse how innovation is embedded through design thinking by listening to their Senior Executive Leadership Teams, including UBank’s CEO.
3. Design Thinking Bootcamp. Develop Your Idea.
You can take this design thinking course on Skillshare. The course is the combination of 26 recorded videos on the platform which is available for:
- Project managers and teams
- Trainers and people thinking of a start-up
- Business and education
- Anyone looking to create products or services innovatively and efficiently.
To redefine the essence of design thinking, this course is a perfect fit. The goal of this course is to stimulate creativity that is ready to be implemented. The ability to use it from a start-up to a corporation to an entire industrial segment is one of the major advantages of this course.
It is not just about designing new products or services. It is also about solving problems creatively and finding innovative solutions seamlessly to the already existing situation.
4. Develop your innovation – Certified Design Thinking Bootcamp
This design thinking course is available on Udemy. It is a combination of 2.5 hours of videos, assignments, and 4 downloadable resources. You will get your design thinking certification of completion, as soon as you complete the Bootcamp.
Through this course, you will learn:
- From scratch to advance level everything about design thinking.
- Various design thinking tools, strategies, techniques, and methods.
- Application of design thinking processes in everyday work situations.
- Create real-life projects, work on them to develop effective solutions and then implement them.
- Understanding customer-centric needs and developing tailored products accordingly.
- Establishing innovation processes within the design thinking requirements.
Udemy offers a 30-Day Money-Back guarantee. Check out Udemy to know more about this course.
5. Design Thinking for Innovation
It is a beginner level course offered by the University of Virginia on Coursera. This 6-hour course is a subpart of another course – ‘Leading the Modern Day Business Specialization’.
The motto of this course is to uncover the creative opportunities that are invisible to a layman’s eye.
Key Points of this program:
- Developed at Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia.
- Coached by top-ranked experts giving an overview of design thinking.
- Teaches how to use design thinking courses to generate out-of-box ideas.
- Based on a model holding four key questions and strategies to understand the concept as a problem tackling approach.
- To unearth compelling solutions, a look at stories from various industrial giants that used design thinking.
Skills that you will add to your portfolio are –
- Design Management
- Design Thinking
- Strategy Thinking
- Innovation Management
6. Complete Design Thinking Masterclass
This course available on Udemy is a complete package. 4.5 hours of videos packed with knowledge have 94 downloadable resources and 29 methods fully integrated with the process. Design thinking certification on completion of the videos and assignments is also given.
Things covered in this course –
- Going through each step in detail, this course touches all the checkpoints. Starting from the basic what is design thinking all about to high-level processes.
- The student gets the opportunity to work on an actual business case example.
- Learning how the tools work and seeing real-life results of their application. Thus, enabling you to understand the type of results to expect from each strategy and technique.
- 29 methods fully integrated into one include customer research, problem definition, business requirements analysis, ideation, prototyping, testing, and the impact delivery of the processes.
- To deliver an experience as per the customer’s business and needs using exciting methodologies.
- The entire design thinking process is taught using cause and effect methods, how each step leads to the next one.
You can visit Udemy to learn more about the course details, trainers’ backgrounds, eligibility for the course, and other details.
7. Design Thinking: How to Use Creative Problem Solving for Better Design
Offered by Skillshare, this course is a combination of 6 videos and 3 projects. Andy Budd teaches it, a renowned UX designer and CEO of Clearleft.
Take away from this course –
- Design thinking process and its four steps.
- How to apply design thinking tools and techniques in the real world.
- To apply the approach learnt in this program in your own life through guided exercises.
- Studying the mindsets and key attitudes of the distinguished successful designers.
For more details on this 50-minute program, check out the website.
8. Cooper Crash Course: Design Thinking in 3 Steps
Cooper Professional Education (CPE) teaches this course on Udemy through 1.5 hours recorded sessions, 15 articles and 3 downloadable resources.
Key highlights of the course –
- Brainstorming ideas based on problems from the customer’s perspectives.
- Planning and conducting effective research through identified design research goals.
- Applying framework and creating prototypes.
- Testing the innovative ideas developed and communicating them to users via a storyboard.
- Practicing on real-life projects all the while learning to use a powerful set of tools.
This course caters to a wide range of professionals who acquaint themselves with all the nitty-gritty of design thinking. Starting from what exactly is design thinking to testing and applying how the processes work.
9. Design Thinking: Design for New Experiences
A 90-minute class divided into 12 recorded lessons; this program is again on Skillshare. This course is jam packed with design thinking processes all compiled into 90 minutes.
The course covers –
- Discovery, research, synthesising, ideation, storytelling, communicating, and strategy to develop new designing experiences to the same old problems.
- A special class project that challenges you to broaden the horizons of design thinking. The class project entails creating “before” and “after” journey maps from redesigning of a grocery store.
- Unlocking the potential to communicate your strategy and connecting with the user.
- Developing a customisable experience for every customer and revolutionizing their experience working with you.
- To organize, arrange, and improve all day to day problems surrounding you and the users.
Embrace new techniques, technologies, and methodologies from this course.
10. Managing Innovation and Design Thinking
Offered by HEC Paris on Coursera, it is a 100% online course. Learn without leaving your home or workplace on your schedule. This is one of those design thinking courses that cover in its curriculum all the major tricks to be learnt for design thinking certification.
To look at a few of the topics covered in this course –
- Learn about what design thinking is, its principle, its processes, its phases, and its foundations.
- Discover a systematic approach to uncover effective user-centric solutions and insights.
- Application of design thinking processes in real-time situations.
- Develop an ability to finding the different types of situations and specific strategy to be used for it.
You can learn more about this full-fledged program on Coursera’s website.
What is Design Thinking?
Google design thinking and the definitions start pouring in at a crushing speed. It boggles the mind and you beyond repair. Simply put, it is a human-centric, creative problem-solving process.
Highly user-centric, it focuses on humans first, understanding people’s needs. Then devising a solution-based approach to the complex problems with effective results to meet those needs.
For your convenience, we have spelt out the key points to understand about design thinking –
- It is a combination of ideology and process.
- A non – linear and iterative process based profoundly on the methodologies and techniques that the designers use (thus the name).
- It has evolved from various fields such as business, architecture, science, and engineering. Hence, it can be applied to any field and does not automatically have to be design – specific.
- An approach used for innovative thinking, practical exercising, and creative problem – solving. Therefore, companies use them for understanding various needs of the users, challenging assumptions, redefining problems, and creating effective solutions with a first-hand approach to prototype and test.
- What is the human need hidden in the wake of the business need? This is the first question considered while creating a solution in design thinking. This is because it has a human-centred core.
- It involves pulling together desirability from the human point of view along with economic viability and technological feasibility. Thereby, encouraging organizations to deliver superior products and services, and internal processes.
- Design thinking empowers even those who are not trained as designers. It allows them to use creative tools, techniques, and systems to address an extensive scope of challenges and problems.
Thus, the process of design thinking starts with understanding the right questions and taking the right actions on them.
Make sure that the design thinking courses offered by various platforms fulfil these essentials in their curriculum.
What are the Principles of Design Thinking?
- The Human Rule: All design activities, processes, and tools, no matter the context in which they are used or applied, are social. Therefore, entailing any innovation as social and bringing the entire conversation back to the ‘human-centric point of view.
- The Ambiguity Rule: Ambiguity can net be oversimplified or removed for that matter. It is inevitable. To see things differently and from various new angles, it is crucial to experiment at the limits of one’s knowledge and ability.
- The Redesign Rule: Just like all content is reused, all design is redesigned. We are virtually only redesigning the tools to fulfil the human needs reaching different and desired outcomes each time.
- The Tangibility Rule: To enable the designers to communicate their plans effectively and productively, prototypes are needed.
What are the Phases of Design Thinking?
As per Hasso-Plattner-Institute of Design at Stanford (also known as d. school):
There are 5 phases in the Design Thinking Process –
However, these five stages of Design Thinking are not linear. This means they do not have a specific order and are not always sequential. Considering a step-by-step order is not followed by these phases, an overview of the stages should be looked at.
This would result in the needed innovative project which is hard to achieve with following the hierarchical process. Hence, the stages are fluid and flexible, looping back and around and in on itself.
They run out of order, often parallelly, repeating in an iterative structure.
For that reason, with each phase, a discovery is found. This requires a professional to rethink, retrace the steps, redefine, and redesign the factors considered before.
What are the Benefits of Design Thinking Courses?
It is time to consider why this out-of-box thinking is so important. The benefits of design thinking certification are innumerable ranging from educational, business, architectural, personal to social contexts.
Using the exceedingly creative process to address and find solutions to human needs in the modern age is valuable feet.
- Primarily, design thinking reflects a strong interface of intuition and analytics for problem-solving. Consider a middle ground – neither steeped completely in emotion and intuition, nor relying exclusively on science, analytics, and rationale. Thereby, forming a perfect mixture of both.
- Design thinking cultivates a culture of innovation and creativity. Instead of duplicating the same tried-and-tested procedures, it pushes us to remove our blinkers. It encourages us to deliberate for alternative solutions, exploring new pathways. It helps us to chew out our ingrained patterns and dig into innovative ideas.
- Design Thinking processes can significantly reduce time-to-market. This eventually can lead to superior customer retention, reduced costs, and greater ROI (Return on Investment).
- Putting humans first, focussing on empathy, businesses concentrate much more on the products’ and services’ needs of the people. This results in more meaningful user experiences and better businesses with improved profits.
- Teams employ design thinking to deal with ill-defined or unknown problems (otherwise known as wicked problems). Doing this they redesign with user-centred core and focus on fostering innovation based on importance for users.
Why Design Thinking?
A few of the global heavyweights and leading brands such as Samsung, Apple, Google, and Airbnb are rapidly wielding a Design Thinking approach. Besides, design thinking courses have gained the status of a popular subject. Some of the leading universities globally such as Stanford, MIT, Harvard, and d. school are also teaching these programs.
The tools, methodologies, strategies, and techniques of design thinking are used at every level of an organization. Therefore, not just designers but creative freelancers, employees, and leaders are infusing design thinking to create revolutionary solutions.
Design thinking courses are a driving force in business these days. The professionals learn and apply hands-on techniques to find ground-breaking answers.
Hence, the design thinking certification has assumed so much importance in a brief time.
The importance of holding a design thinking certification is astounding. Design thinking courses bring out a prominence in your creative skills and sticks out your ability from your peers. Professionals experience a huge upswing in their salaries and a spurt in their careers with this certification.
The best design thinking courses are packed with frameworks, techniques, strategies, and methods bringing you closer to better and effective innovative solutions. They should build you an arsenal of tools you can draw from in time with best creative results.
Design thinking courses open so many doors for you. However, choosing one should not feel like a hurricane smashing into you.
This blog has outlined the key points you should consider before hopping over any wagon. Outlining all the essentials you should look for in design thinking courses and this list should take away all your woes. If you are still unsure, you can read 10 Best + Free Design Thinking Certification courses.
So, get a move ahead of others and start hunting for design thinking certification to give your career a push today!
Enroll in any of the design thinking courses, polish your skills, and get going!
PMP® Certification With
98.8% Pass Rate in PMP® Exam Protected by 100% Money-Back Guarantee | PMP® certification is the gold standard for Project Management professionals.
Agile Project Management
An exclusively designed Program by professionals working in international firms across San Francisco, Colombo, Melbourne and Hong Kong. Become eligible for sought-after Agile & Scrum Professional jobs in Fortune 500 Companies by gaining hallmark of a quality certification on Agile Project Management.
Design Thinking Course by
Henry Harvin® Academy
Ranked no. 2 Design Thinking Course in India | Trained 1,835+ participants | Get exposure to 10+ projects | Acquire detailed training in applying Design Thinking principles | Both classroom and live online options availableExplore Popular Category