Table of Contents
What is Design Thinking?
The Design Thinking Course PEOPLE, the heart and center of every industry, business, and financial engagement. The owner, employee, customer, consumer, buyer, and seller. It all boils down to providing a product or service of value that satisfies PEOPLE.
Design thinking Course In Chennai is a methodological approach that helps designers ideate and satisfactorily caters to the need of the consumer. The focus is human-centric, using empathy to identify existing or potential challenges, and applying creative and effective problem-solving tools to find solutions.
Where do I learn Design Thinking?
If you are considering including this valued skill in your profile, certification courses for design thinking are available in these top-ranked institutions in India. Read on, for the top 10 best design thinking courses in India.
1. Henry Harvin Education
Want to learn the methods to increase sales of your products or services and improve the market position of your business? You should definitely try the Design thinking Certification Training Course by Henry Harvin. It is ranked as the no. 2 Design Thinking Course in India.
Unique features of Henry Harvin’s design thinking course–
Understanding the 5-phase methodology improvement cycle that is at the core of Design Thinking techniques and tools is the most important learning benefit of this Course. You will learn to solve the problems in human-centric ways and find innovative solutions.It helps us observe and develop empathy with the target user.
Henry Harvin Management Academy has experienced trainers with multi-industrial exposure, who have successfully trained and certified 1,835 participants in digital thinking. Their key focus is to make the participants industry-ready. You get practical knowledge and proficiency in digital thinking tools to be applied in over 10 projects. Trainers of this Design Thinking Course by Henry Harvin focuses on making the aspirants industry-ready by helping them identify root causes of issues, generate effective solutions, and develop business ideas with the application of Design Thinking tools and techniques on various industry case studies.
You will get a globally acclaimed certification after the training. Best Design Thinking Training Course (CDTP) is the Major Certification to upgrade your CV with CDTP credentials and get professional recognition.
- Free Membership Program
Henry Harvin® Management Academy provides 1-year free membership with the following benefits:
- E-Learning Access: Complete access to recorded videos, games, projects, case studies, etc.
- Brush-up Sessions: Free 12 brush-up sessions conducted on a monthly basis
- Internship: 100% internship opportunities assured with Henry Harvin or partner firms
- Job Opportunities: Total job support with regular email notifications and alerts for job openings
- Interview Skills: Skill enhancement sessions to crack interviews with corporates
Henry Harvin Design and thinking course Fee
Henry Harvin Design Thinking Course Ranks #1 by India Today
Henry Harvin also provides these courses
- Blockchain Certification Training Course
- Product Management Course
- HR US Payroll Course Training
- HR UK Payroll Course Training
Cities in India where Henry Harvin Korean Language Course is Provided:
2. KPMG Learning Academy
The program is conducted by the Business Excellence-Tech team of KPMG India. This virtual workshop equips you with the methodology and roles of design thinking.
- Market assessment
- How to design new products and services
- How to evaluate the technical pros and cons of the concept
All this is delivered by instructor facilitated methods, case studies, spot quizzes, warm-ups, ice breakers, role plays, videos, individual and group assignments.
A certificate of completion by KPMG India will be awarded after the successful completion of the program. Do check for early bird offers and group discounts.
3. Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Mr.Ganesh Prabhu (Professor of Strategy at IIMB and a former member of the India Design Council) along with Mr.Vinay Dabholkar (co-author of the book “8 steps to innovation”), are the directors of the design thinking program at IIMB.
The sessions are conducted on the “zoom” platform and incorporate top-notch practical exercises. Presentations of case studies, highlight the daily application of design thinking that is clear and factual.
The topics covered are:
- Right Brain Thinking
- Lead User Research to Product Innovation
- Process View of Design Thinking
- Immersive Research: Tool and Techniques
- Challenge Framing and Ideation Techniques
- Prototyping and Test Cycles
- Pitch Design and Communication
- Enabling Design Thinking in Teams
- Creating Primary Demand
- Achieving Product Integrity
4. Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
The program is steered by an experienced faculty team with global expertise. It focuses on digital thinking approaches that have been successfully adopted by world-class organizations that gave them a competitive edge.
IIMA offers a unique methodology of “wicked problems” solving, and out-of-the-box activities like “vision in the dark” which aims at evoking empathy for the visually challenged. The participants learn to rely on their other senses as this activity is conducted in complete darkness.
A program highlight is “design sprint” where the participants will identify a problem and work towards finding solutions using techniques like:
- Journey mapping
- Concept development
QAI is a global workforce development and consulting organization offering a wide range of training concepts and skill-building programs to a variety of industries.
Their design thinking workshop commences with an assignment, interspersed with short exercises and flash quizzes throughout the day. The workshop concludes with a written assessment and all participants who successfully complete the course will be presented with a certificate from QAI.
Popular trainings in design thinking offered by QAI:
- Design Thinking Bootcamp
- Design Sprints Master Certification
- Service Design Thinking Workshop
6. Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Eruditus executive education has partnered with leading business schools globally offering high-impact executive training programs.
IIMK has designed the Professional Certificate Program in Design Thinking and Innovation Management in collaboration with the Laboratory for Innovation Venturing and Entrepreneurship.
The program offers a pioneering concept in India, driving the three fundamental levers essential to any business viz.
- Product innovation
- Building a culture of innovation
They offer a program that is action-oriented. The faculty of seasoned design coaches follow a practical hands-on approach rather than a theory-based style of delivery.
State-of-the-art virtual tools for brainstorming and collaboration like MURAL and ZOOM will be provided before the commencement of the session.
You can avail of D.Learn which is a Post Workshop Project where you can practically apply all the newly acquired learnings and skills in real-world scenarios. There is a regular follow-up with participants over 4-6 weeks posts the workshop.
ISDI offers an in-depth and challenging eleven-month program in design thinking and innovation. Focused on providing the students with a holistic experience, allowing them to assess problems and design solutions in their own style and approach.
The course is designed for professionals from multi-disciplinary backgrounds and comprises of three semesters viz.
It is supported by the design thinking and research approaches of various design schools like School, Stanford, IIT Kanpur, Design Program, etc.
9. STRATEGY EXECUTION
Strategy Execution offers Design Thinking for Results, a highly interactive workshop. The participants focus on a real-life business requirement and need to engage with their fellow participants exchanging feedback throughout the process.
They also learn how to apply a test-and-learn mentality that captures additional value for the organization rapidly.
The course organization is as follows:
Module 1: The design thinking process
Module 2: Perceiving: reframing what you see
Module 3: Sensemaking: ideating and innovating
Module 4: Sensemaking: building the business model
Module 5: Choreography: informing and improving the offering
The Indian School of Business is a non-profit organization, entirely funded by private corporations, foundations, and individuals from all over the world.
ISB grooms leaders using the innovative program thought leadership delivered by outstanding faculty. The students are trained to present a global perspective to the rapidly evolving business landscape.
The two-day design thinking workshop involves the development of new products and services for the base of the pyramid consumers e.g. low-cost healthcare, low-cost housing, skilling, etc. It includes field trips to get first-hand perspectives of the needs and requirements of these target consumer brackets.
Having coped with the challenges of 2020, we need to adapt to the evolving business and economic outlook. Design thinking will help open the proverbial third-eye to guide us into the future.
Phases of Design Thinking
The process of design thinking is non-linear i.e. you can always revisit the previous step before proceeding to the next. There are six phases:
- Empathize: understand human behavior through an empathetic eye.
- Define: identify the problem or the human need.
- Ideate: churn out ideas through brainstorming as to how to solve the problem or cater to the need.
- Prototype: create and experiment with concepts economically, and using effective time management.
- Test: effectively present the product for trial and obtain feedback.
- Empathize: understand the reactions of the users and develop more solutions if required.
Who is it for?
Design thinking can be effectively applied as a way of life. It is a valuable skill for:
- Design thinking for Freshers, starting off their career in customer service industries e.g. hospitality and aviation, travel and tourism, sales and marketing, human resources, etc.
- Design thinking for Front line executives that have large-scale interaction with clients.
- Middle to senior level supervisors and managers to improve problem-solving techniques and who engage with client firms.
- Design thinking for start-up Small scale companies who are employing the principles of design thinking to effectively study and assess the market needs.
- Established organizations like Proctor & Gamble, Infosys, Daimler, Apple, Microsoft, Philips, GE are incorporating design thinking into their strategy for upgrades and improvisation.
- Top 10 Design Thinking Programs in Bangalore
- Top 10 Best Design Thinking Courses in Delhi
- 10 Best Design Thinking Courses in Chennai
- What Is Design Thinking? Top Online Design Thinking Courses Available
Q-1. What is design thinking?
Ans – Design thinking is a method used to identify problems or market needs, and find solutions through creative brainstorming. The approach is human empathy.
Q-2. Why is design thinking important?
Ans – With the growth of automation and digitalization, design thinking focuses on the actual human response to a product or service and identifies how to improve customer satisfaction.
Q-3. Who should learn design thinking?
Ans – Besides business analysts and strategists, design thinking has proven to be an asset for managerial and supervisory profiles. A definite feather in the cap for frontline customer service executives, as well as freshers to learn the empathetic outlook.
PMP® Certification With
98.8% Pass Rate in PMP® Exam Protected by 100% Money-Back Guarantee | PMP® certification is the gold standard for Project Management professionals.
Agile Project Management
An exclusively designed Program by professionals working in international firms across San Francisco, Colombo, Melbourne and Hong Kong. Become eligible for sought-after Agile & Scrum Professional jobs in Fortune 500 Companies by gaining hallmark of a quality certification on Agile Project Management.
Design Thinking Course by
Henry Harvin® Academy
Ranked no. 2 Design Thinking Course in India | Trained 1,835+ participants | Get exposure to 10+ projects | Acquire detailed training in applying Design Thinking principles | Both classroom and live online options availableExplore Popular Category