Table of Contents
What is Content Writing?
Content Writing Courses in Kolkata is one of the forms of online writing, that targets web marketing. Content Writers understand clients’ requirements and design the content according to SEO specifications, such as keyword density.
Content Writing includes a set of keywords or phrases, well researched by web marketers. The content revolves around these phrases to give a high-quality end product. The quality of the content should be extraordinary.
Poor quality content results in low search engine ranking, meaning that the web may not show the content as the first result of the search.
Content Writers are on a high lookout, especially when working from home has become the new normal. The term Content Writer goes synonymous with Content Creator and Content Marketer.
In this era where everything is at the reach of a click, Content Writers should write fluent, consistent, and persuasive matters that can hold the readers’ attention for a long.
We have listed the Top 8 Content Writing Courses here:
1. Henry Harvin – Content Writing Courses in Kolkata
Henry Harvin is skilled at perfecting students across various platforms- analytics, writing, finance, law, management, digital marketing, and TEFL. They offer both online and classroom modes of learning.
They offer professional Content Writing Courses in Kolkata as per industry standards. Students learn how to develop content strategies to reach the expectations of target audience. The course includes 30+ content types.
The value of the certification is recognized globally which can fetch freelancing projects across USA, UK and India.
Salient features of Content Writing Course from Henry Harvin Education:
- The sessions are distributed across 32-hours, with 24 hours of brush-up classes and 50 hours of e-learning access.
- An year long membership at the Henry Harvin Academy to avail access to e-learning materials, Internships, and job opportunities.
- Trainers are global experts.
- Real-world projects are offered as a part of content writing training.
- Understanding and implementation of technical concepts pertaining to websites and blogs.
- The course can be enrolled for INR 9500.
To learn more about the Content Writing course at Henry Harvin, click here.
Udemy is a huge platform that offers a plethora of subjects to learn. Slowly by leaps and bounds, the academe has gained momentum and is now in the top 9 list of Content Writing Courses in Kolkata.
You name anything, and it will be found on Udemy for you to learn. From Baking to Yoga, and Python to NLP, search for any subject and learn like a Pro.
You can learn whatever you want at your convenient time and place. The instructors are global industry experts and the course content is very engaging. The sessions include video lectures, interesting modules and tests, and resources that can be accessed forever.
Udemy delivers a variety of courses, delivered by world-class instructors.
Some courses are paid and some are free. The user interface is very easy to use. You can browse through the bucket of courses according to your requirements.
The chart-toppers under the Content Writing category are listed below:
- Writing Tools & Hacks: Copywriting/Blogging/Content Writing which can be enrolled for Rs. 740. This course helps in learning to write more efficiently and persuasively, analyzing and giving effective headlines, blogging more effectively, discovering new hacks for better content creation, and organizing the ideas in a better way.
- Ultimate Web Content Writing Master class + Power words eBook which can be enrolled for Rs. 700. This course enables you to master content writing, editing articles, blogging, SEO keywords, content marketing strategies, and understanding digital marketing.
- Content is King: Writing Killer Content for Web and Marketing which can be accessed for Rs. 700. This course helps in mastering the art of writing for blogs, eBooks, Websites, and marketing on the websites.
If you are someone who prefers to sit back at home and pursue your passion, then Udemy is the best choice.
3. Compete Infotech Academy – Content Writing Courses in Kolkata
Compete Infotech Academy is one of the finest institutions located in Saltlake, Kolkata that offers very good Content Writing Courses. They offer a multitude of niche courses such as SEO, content writing, digital marketing, social media writing, and internet marketing.
Students will have an enriching learning experience under the expertise of specialized faculty. This academy focuses on honing the entrepreneurial skills of aspirants. Participants are prepared to meet the industry standards like a breeze. The sessions are very flexible and the course has global recognition.
For people who cannot visit the center, an online mode of learning is available. Compete Infotech Academy is a reputed education provider in Kolkata. You can also have a demo session before deciding on enrollment.
Salient features of Content Writing Course at Compete InfoTech Academy
- The curriculum is based on advanced concepts of Content Writing Courses in Kolkata.
- The certification has global recognition.
- The framework of the course includes a combination of videos, audio clippings, project works, case studies, prototyping, and presentations.
- The learning is more practical and experiential.
- After the completion of the course, job assistance will also be provided.
Dimensions is a content service provider for a big time. They aim at providing services across all industries. Recently they have ventured into offering Content Writing Courses with an objective to produce more and more Content Writing professionals.
They have mentored thousands of aspirants who have turned into professionals now. The range of disciplines varies from blogging, technical writing, website marketing, and white papers to SEO keyword research.
Both online and classroom modes are available for students. Through numerous marketing/content writing workshops they offer corporate mentorship programs. Apart from content services and content writing training, Dimensions offers a niche course on ‘how to blog’ for the age group of 8-15 years.
Salient features of the Content Writing Course at Dimensions:
- They offer Professional Content Writing Training.
- The fee for the course is INR 6000.
- The duration of the course is 3 months or 12 classes and can be extended to 16 classes if required.
- The course curriculum is an amalgamation of practical and theoretical concepts in the ratio of 4:1.
- You can schedule a free demo class before taking up the actual course.
Upon completing the course, the aspirants can take up freelancing, jobs in corporate or blogging.
5. One India training academy – Content Writing Courses in Kolkata
One India Training Academy is one of the finest Content Writing Course training in Kolkata providers in Kolkata. It is a unit of the Institute of International Teachers Training and has an ISO 9001:2015 certification.
OITA provides training on wide range of subjects- Information technology areas such as Java, PHP, Python, Technical Writing, Content Writing, SEO writing, others include Yoga, Spa, Teach English as Foreign Language, Web Marketing, etc.,
The academy offers classroom learning and adopts highly advanced teaching techniques.
Salient features of One India Training Academy:
- OITA offers a competent diploma in Content writing.
- Fee for the course is INR 12000.
- Duration for the course is 3 months.
- Candidates can earn good corporate jobs or even take up freelancing after the successful completion of the course.
- The course module includes technical writing, proofreading, content writing, editing and SEO writing.
- Teaching techniques are of high standards where candidates are exposed to writing and publishing their content in terms of real world scenarios.
6. Online Idea Lab
Online Idea Lab is a one-stop platform offering a multitude of courses on Content Creation, Amazon Web Services, Python, Digital Marketing, and Blockchain coding. The offices are across India, USA and Canada.
They offer both online and classroom modes of learning. Right from basics through advanced, live sessions, self-paced learning, and bootcamps, Online Idea Lab throws light into each aspect of Content Writing.
The foundation course offers:
- Content Research
- Content Writing
- Content Promotion
The curriculum is distributed across the three modules and they have furthermore sub-modules.
Salient features of Content Writing Course at Online Idea Lab:
- Course fee for online mode differs from classroom mode.
- Candidates will get an alumni status and professional support.
- Unlimited access to free and paid tools such as Grammarly, Google Trends, Hemingway.
- Exposure to practical knowledge.
- The Content Writing Courses in Kolkata modules are updated as the requirements for industry keeps changing.
- There is a continuous placement assistance.
- Excellent infrastructure for classroom training.
- More attention to online courses since it is not an in-person training method.
- The course fee is INR 7324.
7. Indus Net Academy – Content Writing Courses in Kolkata
Indus Net Academy is a multifaceted institution that focuses on providing services for Web Development, Mobile Development, Analytics, Cloud services, Business Outsourcing, Digital Marketing, Creative Services, and Market Space Optimization to cite more.
They are premium service providers, set-up by a software company. Professional training is their uniqueness. The learning process takes place through asking questions, prototyping, experimenting and solving case studies.
They are one of the best Content Writing training providers located in Saltlake, Kolkata.
Salient features of Content Writing at Indus Net Academy:
- The eligibility criteria to enroll for the course is to have excellent Writing skills and Vocabulary.
- The course duration is 4 months.
- The experts from content development team design the course module.
- The faculty are nothing less to experts.
- The Indus Net Academy has a world-class lab and assures 100% placement.
8. Kolkata Web Academy
Kolkata Web Academy is a one-stop point for an all-inclusive package of digital marketing training, projects, certification and placements. It is a premier institute that offers not only training, but also gives plenty opportunities to work with industry projects.
Experts team up to design the course content to cater to the ever changing industry standards. Kolkata Web Academy offers certification courses in SEO, Content Writing, Google AdWords, Social Media writing, Google Analytics, WordPress, Facebook Marketing and more such significant concepts.
Salient features of Content Writing Course at Kolkata Web Academy:
- The CCCM or Certification Course in Content Marketing is for a month.
- The fees is INR 6000.
- To be eligible for the course, candidates need to have basic knowledge on MS Word and internet.
- The training is available both online and offline modes.
- The content writing course structure focuses on teaching the hacks on strategizing the content in an effective way for best ranking on Google.
- Upon completion, candidates are awarded with certificate and also placement assistance.
9. IIDE – Indian Institute of Digital Education
10. Promoz SEO
11. Vision Upliftment Academy
12. IIM Skills
Why Content Writing Courses in Kolkata Important?
Content Writing has become a ‘hot cake’ career in recent years. Many students, professionals, and women pursue Content Writing as a freelance or a full-time career. Over years, Content Writing has evolved in stages- from newspaper writing to copywriting to SEO Writing, writers have worked out their way.
With an upsurge in digital marketing, the demand for content writers will grow exponentially. Many industries have improved their branding with great content marketing. Thus, talented content writers are in huge demand.
Listed below are some of the significant reasons why Content Writing is considered important:
- Helps in building a brand’s structure
- Provides visibility on SEO
- Gives a long shelf-life for the content
- Earns more linking to various websites of similar or related content
- Establishes business
Click here to explore about Content Writing.
Various disciplines in Content Writing
- Technical Writing
- White Papers
- Ghost Writing
- Article Writing
- Press Releases
- Review Writing
- User Manual/Product Description
- Brand Stories
Role of a Content Writer
- Brainstorm for innovative ideas to create content.
- Develop content aligned with the organization’s objectives.
- Think out of the box and ahead of the curve for gripping content.
- Follow SEO guidelines to bring visibility to the content.
- Understand and gain a hold on content creation tools.
- Function as a front end coordinator for an organization’s social networking.
- Produce compelling content for various products, markets, languages, and services.
- Draft convincing emails to the clients and customers.
- Deliver the end product with great efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain excellent communications across peers and senior professionals.
Apart from what is stated above, a good Content Writer also ensures to enjoy his work, resulting in content that is clear, direct, understandable, and persuasive.
To know more about the Role of Content Writer, click here
Various roles in Content Writing
A Content Writing aspirant can look for various roles listed below:
- Content Developer
- Content Specialist
- Content Creator
- Content editor
- Content Manager
- SEO Specialist
- Copy Writer
- Content Designer
- Social Media Manager
Skills required for a good Content Writing
A good Content Writer ensures to engage the readers with his writing skills. Apart from a flair for writing, there are other necessary skill-sets for a good write-up.
- Strong Research Skills
A good Content Writer should necessarily possess strong research skills to build a durable career in Content Writing. The writer must convey what he wants without beating around the bush.
Fluffy writing and dwelling on a topic for long should be avoided. It is vital to research well before starting to write. It adds credibility and most importantly, value.
- Committed to deadlines
Delivering high-quality content within the defined timeline assures reliability. All it needs to meet deadlines is to manage time effectively. You organize your time well, and your client will be the happiest person.
- Knowledge on SEO
Content Writing and SEO are pronounced interchangeably, even though they have different meanings. An effective Content Writer should essentially have an understanding of SEO concepts, to top Google Analytics.
In fact, the writer should master Search Engine Optimization concepts. It is vital to give the right SEO titles, keywords, phrases, and descriptions, for the content to reach the target audience.
Though it seems obvious, there are higher chances for a Content Writer to get carried away with different styles of writing. For instance, the style for the white paper is different from the style for blogs. Thus, writers should be adaptable to the different styles of writing.
Click here to see various types of writing.
- Ability to remain focused
Writing needs a lot of focus. It can be difficult to anchor attention for long. Practicing meditation can help station our mind on one particular object. It is possible to deliver great content with a focused mind.
- Organizational Skills
Organizational skills are not just about the workspace. You must schedule your tasks in a way that ensures constructiveness. Calendar to remind deadlines, alarms for meetings, sticky notes, a notepad and pen, a clean workspace, a laptop, and a bottle of water- can be your best saviors.
- Communication Skills
Communicate your hiccups to your client. Effective Communication can ensure reliability from both sides.
- Editing and Proofreading
Whatever we write as a draft, is not the final version. It takes umpteen edits to arrive at the final product. Editing is, therefore, a vital skill for a good Content Writer.
Proofreading is also an essential skill when it comes to writing. A good writer should also be a good proofreader. Avoid plagiarism and proofread your work to ensure a commendable outcome.
Content Writing Opportunities in Kolkata
Kolkata is increasingly seeking the best talents. A rising crescendo of Content Writing opportunities has forced many Institutions to offer courses to Content Writing aspirants.
Kolkata is a city with an outstanding literacy rate. Many renowned writers have sprouted from this city. Rabindranath Tagore, who won Nobel Prize in Literature, was from Kolkata.
Learning is possible anywhere and everywhere with just a click on the internet. Many educational institutions offer both online and classroom modes of learning. Platforms like Udemy, Skillshare, Coursera, Unacademy, etc., provide myriad courses online and with so much ease.
Online and classroom way of learning have their own sets of pros and cons.
ONLINE: The advantage of this mode is that you can relax at home and pick up a convenient time for attending the course. The only requirement is a proper internet connection.
The disadvantage is that you can understand only the basics of content writing concepts. Clarifying doubts over the internet may not be as fruitful as it would be in classroom sessions. It lacks an immediate response to concerns.
CLASSROOM: Classroom learning develops a 360 degree understanding of the concepts, making it easier to clarify doubts in person with the trainer. Classroom training encourages a real atmosphere of learning. It provides structured learning material and a clear understanding of the functional aspects.
One disadvantage could be that one has to travel to the venue where the sessions will be conducted
To sum it up, each platform is supreme in its own way. Candidate needs to assess their requirements and align with the objectives of these education providers. A writer is already adept at writing abilities but it is vital to enroll for professional courses. An additional course will come a long way in fetching great career opportunities.
- Content writing topics
- Top content writing interview questions
- Best content writing books
- Best content writing tutorials
- Top content writing career opportunities
Ans. Yes. Content is the most important thing on your website as it tells all prospective customers what your business is all about and also about the services and products you offer.
Ans. To ensure the credibility of content, it’s best to gather information about a subject
from popular journals, published research and reports from credible news
organizations and magazines.
Ans. Content writing can be a lucrative career in India if you have the basic skills regarding language and style of writing. This career will help you in learning a lot about SEO, online marketing and the digital world.
Ans. WooRank is an easy-to-use digital marketing and SEO audit tool that analyzes SEO identifies target keywords and discovers technical issues.
Ans. Guest blogging is also called guest posting. It is the act of writing content for another company’s website.
Content Writing Course
with Gold Membership
*Learn from South Asia's Oldest Content Writing Course | Recognized by American Association of EFL, Content Writing Association of India, UK Cert, UKAF & MSME | Guaranteed Live Projects & Internship Opportunity.
Technical Writing Course
with Gold Membership
*A cutting-edge Technical Writing Course which teaches you the fine art of transforming data and information accumulated through a process or experimental work into technical documentations and guides.
Creative Writing Courses
with Gold Membership
Henry Harvin® Creative Writing Course Ranks#1 in India by The Statesman! Creative Master the creative writing skills to compose engaging Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Drama, and Poetry that will snap a reader’s curiosity from the advent to end of your write-up.
Medical Writing Training
Course and Cartificate
A one-of-a-kind Medical Writing course which helps you get a thorough understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory writing as well as medico-marketing writing. Strengthen your writing prowess as you boost your skills as a medical and scientific writer. The Certified Medical Writer(CMW) certification is your key to success.Explore Popular Category