Table of Contents
The healthcare sector has gained more importance after the onset of the pandemic. Medical coders play an essential role in the healthcare system by ensuring that medical records are complete, accurate, and up-to-date. Kochi has gained good value in the field of education also along with being a tourist city. But it takes a lot of work to choose the best institute for medical coding courses. This blog will give you all information regarding the best 7 medical coding courses in Kochi.
To begin with, Medical coding is converting information about a medical service or procedure into a standardized code that can be used for insurance billing and medical records. Further, these codes are maintained by national and international organizations and are used to accurately describe the services and procedures provided by healthcare providers. The profession of medical coders is increasing its demand in the market but to become a medical coder usually requires a certification, such as the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification by AAPC. However, to earn this certification, individuals must pass a comprehensive exam that covers medical coding and billing knowledge, as well as ethical and legal issues related to the field. So let’s check out the list of the 7 best Medical coding courses in Kochi to become an efficient medical coder.
Best 7 medical coding Courses in Kochi
1. Henry Harvin
The number one ed-tech company Henry Harvin started in 2013 and is today offering one of the best medical coding courses in Kochi. The people of Kochi who are looking for medical coding courses can go with Henry Harvin’s online medical coding course. Undoubtedly ,they help you in becoming an expert in all medical terminology and medical coding aspects. One can trust henry Harvin as their courses are well-curated or designed by subject matter experts and also their trainers or domain experts are industry experts having more than 15 years of experience who have delivered more than 350 sessions on medical coding. Many other organizations recognize the knowledge and hard work of trainers. The medical coding course has gained 3425+ reviews on google.
Key Highlights of the Medical coding courses in Kochi
- Course duration – 90 hours
- Mode of Classes- Online (Two-way interactive sessions)
- Affiliations and accreditations- AAEFL, UKAF, MSME, AAPC, UKCERT
- Course Fee- ₹59,500 ( Emi – @ 6611 per month)
- Be a part of the 9-in-1 programme
- Also, get full assistance in acing the CPC exam.
- Get one-year gold membership of the medical academy.
- Moreover, learn by working on projects related to HCPCS, ICD-10 CM, CPT, etc.
- Secondly, get full assistance in internships also.
- To begin with, understand the World of Health Care and Medical Terminology
- Also learn Human Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Ethics
- additionally learn Diagnostic Coding
- Learn different types of ICD-10 CM like Diagnosis Coding, Infections to Blood Diseases
- Also have a grip on ICD-10-CM Coding covering Mental Disorders to the Respiratory System, Digestive System to Pregnancy.
- In Addition, learn ICD-10-CM Coding from the Skin to Conditions of the Perinatal Period also.
- CPT Coding and many many more.
You can check out the Medical academy of Henry Harvin for other job-oriented courses also along with Medical coding courses in Kochi. A few of them are
2. CIGMA medical coding academy
In addition to above, the next name for the best option for medical coding courses in Kochi is Cigma medical coding academy. It’s a medical coding institute founded in 2014 became an approved academy of AAPC in 2016 and became a partner institute of KASA in 2021. They do offer certification and diploma courses and placements in the medical coding field also. Their course curriculum is AAPC exclusive which is delivered by experts and trained trainers of AAPC.
- Course duration- not mentioned
- Mode of classes- classroom and online
- Get assistance in clearing the CPC exam also.
- The pass percentage for the certification exam is 80%.
- Curriculum is designed in the accordance with eligibility criteria for the AAPC exam.
- Get academic and clinical education also in outpatient and inpatient coding.
- In addition, students will get personalized attention from trainers.
- Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology
- ICD Coding
- CPT Coding and HCPCS Coding
- Medical Billing & Reimbursement
- Also get Software Training
- Furthermore, give Mock Tests as a part of the AAPC Exam Preparation.
Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP) incepted in 2012 is a government ed tech company delivering talent management and integrated learning solutions. Today they offer more than 150 courses in 19 domains with a network of 126 physical centres across the Kerela state. Approx 1300 institutions have dome partnerships with ASAP. so people can choose ASAP for doing medical coding courses in Kochi.
- Course Duration- 254 hours
- Mode of Classes- Online
- Course Fee- ₹ 28,733
- Examination fee- $642.6 0 (Collected by CIGMA)
- You will receive academic and clinical education also.
- Learn about Health record content, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and disease process also.
- In addition, get in-depth knowledge on treatments, medical supplies and implants.
- Understand the functions of medical coding in healthcare facilities.
- Moreover, get assistance in CPC exam preparation.
- Anatomy and Medical Terminology
- Introduction to HIM and Medical Coding
- ICD & SNOMED and ICD 10 CM Diagnosis
- CPT Coding and HCPCS Coding
- Compliance and Regulatory, HR Training,
4. Transorze Solutions
Transorze, the next leading name for medical coding courses in Kochi, started in 2010. They are providing training in skill development programs. Till now more than 12000 have got benefited from this institute in terms of training and placements. Additionally, they are certified training partners of N.S.D.C and corporate partners of AAPC. Trainers here are CPC-certified subject experts with rich experience in the field of medical coding. Moreover, In 13 years they have opened 13 branches offering the same quality of training and services.
- Course Duration- 3- 6 months (200 hours)
- Mode of classes- Online and Classroom
- Course Fee- Not available
- Get 100% placement assurance
- You will also practice real-world examples of medical coding and records management.
- and get personalized support also.
- Also get access to LMS 24*7
- Moreover, there is a special focus on the preparation for the interview.
- Anatomy and physiology along with medical terminology
- Get an understanding of all human systems
- ICd-10 CM
- Also learn different types of coding- radiology coding, pathology coding, medicine coding etc.
- Medical billing and many more topics.
The next one of the best institutes for medical coding courses in Kochi is CHISS ( Center for Health information studies and Solutions). It’s a leading name when it comes to medical coding in Kochi and offers training and consultation in healthcare management. However, they do offer many courses like health information management courses, revenue cycle management courses, preparatory courses for international certification from AHIMA, HFMA, AAPC, electronic health information systems and a few more.
Key highlights of the course.
- Learn the topics like Medical Terminology, Anatomy, Physiology, Pathophysiology, Lab and Pharmacology.
- In addition, get knowledge of ICD-10 also.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of CPT
- Also, Understand all about Compliance and Reimbursement
- Get 30 min free consultation before enrolling on the course.
- Address- CHISS-Kochi, VPS Lakeshore Hospital, NH Bypass, Maradu, Kochi – 40
One of the world’s leading names for medical coding courses is AAPC. They are providing training and education in the healthcare system. Certainly, It’s one of the best platforms to enhance your career by taking training by AAPC. People of Kochi can consider this as a good option and can enrol in their online medical coding course. However ,they do offer multiple courses at AAPC like medical billing, medical coding, healthcare compliance, exam preparation courses and many more.
- Course Duration- near to 6 months
- Course fee- approximately $3000
- Mode of classes- online and classroom
- Get employment support also along with the training.
- Moreover, Multiple payment plans are available.
- Learn directly from the creators of CPC and become an efficient medical coder.
- Indeed, their pass rate for CPC certification is 80%.
- Get the flexibility of timing also in online classes.
7. APEX Medcom
Apex Medcom is one of the best online learning institutes for taking medical coding courses in Kochi. They are offering training in medical coding for more than 10 years and have completed more than 500 batches till now. Till now placemats have been offered to more than 5787 students. So ,one can become a confident and efficient medical coder by doing the PCMB-A course by Apex medcom.
- Course Duration- 3 months( 160 hours)
- Mode of classes- online/onsite
- Course fee- ₹24,710.00
- Furthermore there would total of 54 lectures.
- Also, start learning medical coding from the basics.
- Learn topics like Medical Terminology + Anatomy & Physiology + Pathological Conditions + ICD 10 CM + CPT + HCPCS + BILLING + Chapter wise Practice Papers + Marking System of CPC Exam+ Mock Papers and many more.
- Skill level- all types
- In addition , go through self-assessments
Future/Scope of medical coding
Moreover, the future of the medical coding profession looks bright as the demand for qualified coders is expected to continue to grow in the coming years. However, The increasing complexity of healthcare is leading to an increased demand for medical coders who can accurately code for the services provided to patients.
The shift towards electronic health records (EHRs) is expected to drive demand for medical coders, as the accuracy and efficiency of coding are critical for the successful implementation and utilisation of EHRs.So we can surely say that medical coding is a futuristic and lucrative profession and one can have a salary package ranging between 30,000 – 2 lakh per month depending on the profile and experience.
In brief, the healthcare system is very vast and complicated, it is not limited just to doctors and nurses. There are many other roles also needed to run a healthcare system smoothly. The medical coder plays a critical role in that. Medical coding is important because it accurately and consistently captures and communicates information about patient diagnoses, treatments, and procedures. Hence, the demand for professionals with certifications or diplomas in medical coding is increasing daily. So doing medical coding course from a good and reputed institute always helps you in becoming a confident professional. However, there are multiple organisations offering courses but you can choose from the above best 7 institutes.
- Top 30 Medical Coding Interview Questions and Answers
- Best Medical Coding Courses to Check out in Dubai, UAE
- Top 10 Medical Coding Courses Online with Career Options
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans- Anyone having a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in healthcare, people from life sciences background can take medical coding courses.
Ans- it can vary from 1.5 lacks to 3 lacks per annum as starting package.
Ans- Yes, medical coding is a futuristic field and one can enter professionally into this career path by doing medical coding course. Healthcare companies do hire medical coders.
Ans- Many institutes offer a 100% job guarantee when you enrol in their course. Rest you have to clear all interviews to get a job.
Ans- Usually course duration ranges from 3 months to 6 months maximum.