Table of Contents
There are many daily used English words that we use in our daily life. Knowingly or unknowingly we use almost more than 4000 words daily. When you are learning a language, especially English, you need to know at least 2000-3000 words to read, write and speak properly.
You know? When you talk or start speaking you will speak nearly 100-200 daily used English words. With over 1.5 billion people regularly using it, English is undoubtedly the most commonly spoken language in the entire globe. Over 1 billion people in this population speak English as a second language, which is an amazing number.
There are so many daily used English words across the world. There are almost 2500-3000 daily used English words regularly.
A few of the daily used words are listed below
We don’t realize that we speak these many words almost daily. There are still so many daily used English words.
There are only 26 alphabets in English but while using we use so many words, which are permutations and combinations of these alphabets.
Daily used words are those which are frequently read, spoken, and written. You may or may not know the importance of words, if one letter is replaced or wrongly placed the words can be misspelled.
Some of the daily used words with their meanings respectively
You might be able to improve your everyday language and comprehension by learning the definitions of some of the most daily used English words. Here are 50 daily used English words with definitions to assist you with everything from discussing current events to creating experience letters to just improving communication at work!
1. Absence :: The lack or Unavailability of something or someone.
2. Approval :: Having a positive opinion of someone or something.
3. Answer :: The response or receipt to a letter, phone call, or question.
4. Attention :: Noticing or Recognizing something of interest.
5. Amount :: A collection or a mass of something.
6. Borrow :: Take something with the purpose of returning it at some time
7. Baffle :: something mysterious or perplexing in nature.
8. Ban :: a behavior against the law or social pressure.
9. Banish :: Exit the situation, frequently done in a formal manner.
10. Banter :: A humorous and provocative conversation.
11. Characteristic :: describing traits that are common to the subject, location, or object.
12. Cars :: vehicles with four wheels used for transportation.
13. Care :: added accountability and focus.
14. Chip :: a little, narrow portion of something bigger.
15. Cease :: to finally cease to exist.
16. Dialogue :: a dialogue between two or more parties.
17. Decisive :: a quick thinker and decision-maker.
18. Delusion :: incorrect perception or assumption
19. Deplete :: constant decrease in the amount or number of something.
20. Derogatory :: a rude individual or remark.
21. Edible :: something that can be eaten.
22. Effervescent :: a joyful occasion that is marked by excitement.
23. Eloquent :: a person who can clearly and efficiently communicate.
24. Elusive :: a term frequently used in English to characterize criminals who are adept at eluding arrest
25. Embody :: in a physical form, represented.
26. Fabricate :: a story or circumstance that is made out of incorrect facts.
27. Feasible :: something that is doable.
28. Feat :: an action that calls for a lot of strength, ability, and bravery.
29. Feeble :: a weak and unpersuasive speaker or argument.
30. Fixation :: an intense interest in something or someone.
31. Generic :: a class or group without a distinctive name.
32. Gimmick :: a tool or tactic used to get people’s attention.
33. Graffiti :: public drawings or writings on a surface.
34. Grandiose :: a bold, impressive, and ambitious person, idea, or scenario.
35. Grievous :: a person or situation that deeply saddens you.
36. Hiatus :: An English noun that is frequently used to describe a void or halt in a sequence.
37. Hogwash :: false or pointless claims.
38. Hostile :: someone or something unpleasant.
39. Huddle :: to assemble in a tight mass or group.
40. Hindsight :: the capacity to understand an event after it has already occurred.
41. Idealistic :: a person who is motivated by moral principles and lofty ideals rather than by need.
42. Imminent :: something that is about to happen or is about to come up in time.
43. Impartial :: a person without bias or preconceptions.
44. Imperative :: a required or important step.
45. Impromptu :: describing an event that happens without prior planning.
46. Jeopardize :: the danger to someone or something.
47. Jovial :: a happy, jovial, and kind individual.
48. Jug :: a tool or container used to hold liquids.
49. Jostle :: pushing and squeezing your way through a crowd.
50. Jubilant :: a person or group that generates joy and good spirits.
Henry Harvin is the leading educational firm offering online and offline classes for multiple courses. The course facilitates the quality of self-assurance and confidence among each individual.
Well-qualified trainers with the industry expert standard of education are the foremost of this institute. Learn the supreme course and land your dream career. That is, Henry Harvin provides the best course facility and can grasp the job opportunities.
They provide training and internship programs with hands-on experience in real-time projects. Furthermore, Henry Harvin offers the Hallmark Certification for the courses they offer.
- Spoken English course
- English language course for kids
- English writing course
- Business English Teacher course
With so many unique terminologies used in regular communication, the English language is broad. Your ability to communicate in English will improve if you regularly update your vocabulary and learn how to apply it. With the right words and expressions, you’ll be able to express yourself and your opinions with much more clarity, making you quite the orator!
Top 8 English Speaking Course in Allahabad
Top 12 English Speaking Courses in Kolkata
Why English is an Important Language
Top 8 English Language Course for International Students
Ans. As non-native English speakers, we use almost 50-60 daily used English words. As a native speaker, there are almost 2000-3000 daily used English words.
However, English has become the major language of communication throughout the world.
Ans. You can learn English words by using the dictionary. Make a habit of learning at least one word daily. In this way, in one year you can learn at least 365 English words.
You can become more proficient in English by watching English movies, songs, books, etc. Join the best institutes which offer English language courses with the best training facilities.
Ans. You can find many websites that are meant to provide synonyms and antonyms of English words. You can also use the handbooks which have synonyms and antonyms of English words.
Websites like Thesaurus, Merriam-webster, etc are some of the sites which are freely available on the internet.
Ans. Yes, there are some free applications to learn basic English words. You can download some of the applications and keep a track of learning English words daily.
Dictionary. com,fluentU, etc are some of the free applications to learn English words. They help you learn at least one word a day.
Ans. Although it might be difficult because you won’t be aware of which parts need work, you can complete this on your own. Utilize the above-mentioned tips to practice on your own, and when necessary, ask your friends to assist you. To learn English, you may also use several programs like Duolingo.
What an amazing info you are sharing with us on daily used english words, i would like to tell you please keep updating us with more posts. Nice sharing
This is a great blog on daily used english words and thank you so much for sharing such kind of blogs with us because your blog is helpful for me.
This is very fantastic blog on daily used english wods. Despite the fact that there are many articles on this subject, this one provides some important ideas that aren’t found in other articles.
Very good. People are becoming more aware of this type of subject, and I would like to thank the author for creating such a helpful article on daily used english words
This webpage is fantastic. I adore its content and I hope that there will be more to come. It is crucial for any application. Nice blog on daily used english words
This is such a new blog on daily used english words and thanks you so much for sharing such kind of things. Keep sharing more posts like this.
a wonderful way to explain the whole blog it is fantastic very clear very precise nicely done and thank you Henry Harvin for sharing such type of blogs with us
Excellent Brilliant, I must say that this blog is wonderful, and I appreciate you giving such vital knowledge. Thank you very much for sharing this information on daily used english words
I appreciate your writing style, keep up the good job, sir. Thank you so much for this
You are just great, sir. Your blog taught me a lot, thank you. Your information is very excellent. One of the best blogs on daily used english words I have read today. I’m grateful to you, sir, for explaining all the concepts.
Thank you so much for making the blog on daily used english words. Wonderful explanation. Very easy to understand and learn. Thank you so much for sharing such type of informative blog with us. Keep sharing more posts like this. I really appreciate your efforts
I really enjoy how you explain things in your blog and you combine theory and practical knowledge, which is a great feature. Nice blog on daily used english words
I feel very familiar with these words that you have written. Some of them I don’t know them and now I learned them also. You write so amazing all the daily used spoken English words with their meaning in a very simple way. Thankful to you, kindly post article like this.
Awesome content! I appropriate your writing, you write almost every single word for daily use in spoken English. Thank you and keep writing like this content which will be very helpful to all of us reading this article .
Helpful facts. All the content is telling about daily spoken English words in a very good way. All the information is very useful.
Awesome Stuff. Thanks a lot!
I like this content, keep writing like this.
I am so glad to read all these given words in the content these all are very useful words to improve one’s fluency. All the words are good to say in a daily spoken English words.
It helped me to speak more fluently because of this content it describes about all the necessary daily used spoken English words.
Nice article for better understanding of daily used English words.
Amazing Blog on daily used english words and truly. I must commend your word choice. If you’d like to read some blogs like this or find a wide variety of everything online,
Blog is quite informative on daily used english words. Many blogs I visit these days don’t actually offer anything I’m interested in, but this one definitely has my attention.
Normally I don’t leave comments on blogs, but your blog is so compelling that I can’t help but do so. Man, you’re doing a fantastic work on daily used english words. Keep it up.
Because it is so helpful to me, I believe this to be one of the best blogs out there.
You have created a very good article with an interesting post on daily used english words. Some blog entries have a profound mental impact. It looks breathtaking.
Nice blog on daily used english words and thanks for sharing such type of amazing blogs
I completely agree with this blog daily used english words and the writer on the importance of vocabulary in learning a language. It is beautiful how the writer normalizes the problems of non-native speakers. I admit I empathize with them more.
I am very happy as much as I am jealous of the readers who are finding this blog. I have juniors and students in my professional circle for whom this is a gift. I appreciate the writer for this blog that is related to daily used english words
I say with pure instinct, that it takes one to know none. I remember coming to the city from a non-English speaking region. I wish I had this write-up saved in my bookmarks then. The blog is simple, straight, and serves the purpose brilliantly.
I come from an interior village in Odisha. To my luck, the early days of urban life weren’t smooth for me. I found out about Henry Harvin from this blog. Moreover, I relate to the empathy with which the author has written this. I really like your blog on daily used english words
Before finding this blog I remember typing out complete sentences on google to find a word that meant the same. Somehow I found the whole ‘search the word’ act very demeaning. I would lose confidence in a social setting especially. This write-up resolved that issue, so much so that I have memorized every word referred to in it.
I am not exaggerating when I say, I refer to this write-up many times in a day. The curated word list alongside its meaning is a real lifesaver. At work and in normal interaction in the peer group this blog came in very handy. Thanks for this blog on daily used english words
Nice article and I am learning English. I love to hear tips and suggestions.
I value the excellent content. After reading this article, my confidence has increased.
Thank you for the wonderful article. As a result of reading this article, I feel more assured.
Fantastic, in-depth post. It will undoubtedly aid many kids in developing their speaking abilities.
Thanks for sharing this nice post. Its really useful for me. That time I have read your blog, your information is really helpful to Learn daily used english words
Good blog. I just discovered your site and have been following along. I’ve having fun reading.
Thank you for your content. Everyone actually benefits from it. I appreciate you giving us the information on daily used english words
Thank you for the insightful and practical knowledge you offer in this well-written piece. Continue your wonderful work.
I appreciate the enlightening article on daily used english words. One of the better sources I’ve come across in a while is this one. Great information and nicely written.
I really like your post and thanks for author for sharing such kind of post and keep sharing like this.
Your suggestions were helpful and made our task simple. You have given us some really accurate and important information.
This blog is so helpful and thanks for sharing and thank you so much for sharing
I’m amazed. I doubt I’ve ever encountered somebody with your level of expertise in this area. You are incredibly intelligent and well-informed.
We appreciate you sharing this excellent content with us. continue spreading this kind of content. I’m interested in reading more.
Thank you so much for taking the time for you to share such a nice information on daily used english words
nice listed words related to daily used english words and thank you so much to the author for sharing this
I really want to learn english language effectively and looking for that blog from where I can learn something new and this blog completes my search.
This blog is very helpful for those who makes mistake in daily used english words but thanks to the author who shared this type of post. Keep posting
This is such a great article on daily used english words, and I learned a lot of things from this blog