Table of Contents
Keep up with the Growing Importance of Search Engines
During this technology-led digital era of information overload, we are witnessing the Growing Importance of Search Engine Optimization. However, search engines essentially filter the wealth of available information on the internet. Therefore they allow users to find information of genuine interest or value quickly and easily. Hence the users get their desired information more efficiently through search engine optimization without wading through piles of irrelevant web pages. With so much information and content poring all over the internet, cyberspace would be unworkable without search engines. Thereby drowning web users in the ocean of irrelevant content and shrill marketing messages.
Therefore the value of Digital Marketing Courses is increasing rapidly with the escalating demand for digital marketers in every organization to attract more and more organic traffic to heighten their customer insight. Namely, Henry Harvin Education is one of the best Edu-Tech entities to provide you with the knowledge and industrial skillsets in their Digital Marketing Courses.
Without further delay, let’s jump into the focal topic of our discussion in this blog, i.e., “the growing Importance of Search Engines.”
Encapsulating the Growing Importance of Search Engines
Search engines have changed the way of finding information, conducting background research, connecting with others, entertaining ourselves, and shopping for goods and services. Therefore, behind almost every online destination (whether a website, social network, blog or app,) a search engine is always there to optimize customer searches. Hence, search engines have become the connecting force and the directional guide to our everyday life in this super busy digital era.
Understanding the exponential rate of the growing importance of search engines, optimizing them becomes necessary to a point where SEO is one of the fast-developing and prominent fields of career choice in the Info-Tech domain. By now, you must be wondering how it started in the first place and how SEO became a vital tool for digital marketing. Let’s put light into that quest. Shall we?
As the Sun rose on SEO: ‘The Wild-West’ Era
No sooner than the late 90s, the search engine landscape was highly competitive among web developers. Back then, we had your choice of search engines, neither human-powered directories nor crawler-based listings like AltaVista, Excite, Ask Jeeves, Lycos, Infoseek, and Yahoo. Therefore, In the beginning, the only way to perform any kind of SEO was through on-page activities that included optimizing for factors such as
- Making sure the content was view-worthy and relevant.
- HTML tags for the text were accurate.
- There was enough text to get published.
- Attached internal links and outbound links are there.
Moreover, if you wanted your page to rank higher in that era, the trick was just repeating the keywords throughout the meta tags and web pages too often to get the traffic.
Whereas, nowadays, your page gets outranked if you use your keywords, say 100 times. Today, we call this practice keyword-stuffing or spamming.
Although, the specific event that gaslighted the emergence of SEO is pretty controversial. So, SEO and all things search engine marketing may have begun with the launch of the first website or perhaps the first web search engine launched in 1991. However, the history of SEO analysis “officially” could have begun a bit later, around 1997.
Moreover, according to Bob Heyman, author of Digital Engagement, we should thank none other than the rock band Jefferson Starship’s manager for aiding the birth of a new field that we grew to know as “search engine optimization.”
Perks of Using Search Engines
Unlike today, in the era before digitalization, people used to store information painstakingly in the encyclopedia and other records for later access. Therefore, search engines are the testimony to our modern-day technology by which we gain access to all our needed information within seconds of entering a query in search bars. Even with this advancement, we often get irritated when our web page takes a few seconds more to load! However, this denotes the craving for growth in search engines furthermore.
- Accessibility: Search engines contain information about everything under the same clickable fingertip. Moreover, anyone can access this information. Unless the government or specific organizations restrict the searches to their websites, or otherwise any individual or personalized and privatized their web pages, search engines provide everything on the internet to satisfy their user’s quest.
- Speed: Moreover, search engines save time for their users to seek information and data. Therefore, in today’s fast-paced world, we treasure time while these search engines provide the best possible service in the shortest period benchmarking the technological growth across the globe.
- Fostering Self-Reliance: As acquiring information becomes easily accessible to everyone, search engines aided our mindset to become more self-reliant. Hence, search engines made people explore and gain more knowledge in this information-overloaded world.
Various Types of Search Engines
The types of search engines are as follows:
- Full-Text Search Engine: This search engine presents results for the user’s query analyzing every single word scripted in each document stored in its database. However, this is the most common technique used in bibliographic setups. For example, research and publishing.
- Directory Search Engine: This type of search engine gets the results according to the user searches from preexisting lists of directories. However, these search engines make people manually put the entries in them like search engines used in Internet Public Library, Open Directory Project, etc. Hence people named them “human-based search engines.”
- Meta Search Engine: Interestingly, this type of search engine searches for search engines itself! Moreover, it ranks through other search engines and combines all the results in a single list. Therefore, its users can access more results, though it might lack proper relevancy or quality due to varied sources following different directories, indexes, and databases.
Now let’s talk about search engine databases at a glance.
Search Engine Database
Nowadays, when we hear the word “search,” the first thing that pops into our mind is “Google it.” Hence, in a world of globalization and innovation, we can say that we’ve evolved our mindset from “God is the answer” to “Google is the answer.” Therefore, the importance of search engines is becoming essential to our livelihood at this point.
However, Search engines give the users search results leading to relevant information on high-quality websites according to their searched keywords. Now the point is how they manage to do this. Notably, these search engines maintain databases of web pages. Moreover, these databases develop using automated programs called “spiders” or “robots” to collect information.
Above all, search engines use complex algorithms to assess web pages and websites, arranging them in a ranking for relevant search phrases and keywords. Anyways these algorithms are frequently updated. For example, Google maintains more than 200+ divergent metrics to assess websites, including inbound links, website usability, copy, information architecture, etc.
Operating Seach Engines
The search engines work in the following steps:
- Crawling: Notably, search engines have a program called “Crawler.” These crawlers retrieve the web pages. Interestingly, they are also known as spiders. However, these are specially designed bots for each search engine. Moreover, they “crawl” over billions of web pages while downloading them with extracting their links. Consequently, they create a data structure called “Index” to keep those crawled over the information of discovered web pages.
- Indexing: As the crawling process ends, the obtained data is stored and organized relevantly within the “Index.” However, every search engine has its relevant version of this “Index” or database. The process of storing is called the Reversed or Inverted Index, where the data from the downloaded web pages get compiled while their meanings get reduced with pointers. Therefore, when a user enters a search query, the search engine scans throughout its index and efficiently identifies everything relevant to the given keyword. Afterward, the Search Engine Algorithm ranks the preliminary search result of web links in the order closest to the user’s quest and the SEO quality of the page itself. Finally, they display the optimum search result to the user.
However, the ranking of these search results can be different for different search engines despite the same keyword entered by the user. This versatility occurs as every search engine uses a different algorithm to rank its results. For example, a page with a high rank in Google might slide up or down in Yahoo or Bing.
Search Engine Optimization, SEO
Emphatically, search engines snatched the limelight in the technology-driven world of Digital marketing, Content writing, E-Commerce, and IT, in general. However, the crucial reason for this is the efficiency of search engines in ranking websites that could make or break an organization’s venture in this era of digitalization. Therefore, today the world has woken up to the growing importance of Search Engines or Search Engine Optimization, SEO.
When a user puts a keyword in the search bar, they drift to visit the web pages or sites that appear at the top or on the first page. Conversely, the Forbes article suggests that the first displayed page in the search results and the websites in it are more likely to capture 92% of the clicks, leaving other pages barely in the picture.
This process escalates the growing importance of search engines because now all websites enter the SEO-driven rank race. And therein lies the necessity of SEO analysis. Hence, SEO is the process by which an SEO analyst enhances a website in specific ways so that a search engine displays the website at the top of its result page.
As can be seen, the more times a site appears on the search results, the more it gains user traffic. Hence, web developers and digital marketers must constantly be aware of the growing importance of search engines. Moreover, they should always keep an eye on the ranking algorithm to ensure the website gets the best rankings while increasing visibility and traffic.
Tow Major Ways Search Engines sieve the weblinks
There are two ways to ensure a website ranking on the search pages of the major search engines for relevant key phrases:
- Paid search, called Pay Per Click, PPC
- Organic search, called Search Engine Optimization, SEO.
Comparatively, organic SEO tends to secure the best long-term results and the optimum return on website investments. Moreover, internet users are four times more likely to click an organic search result than a PPC ad appearing on the same results page.
For example, in a September 2006 poll conducted by MarketingSherpa, 68.7% of US-based digital marketers identified that SEO was yielding the best return on investments for product marketing for several organizations.
Therefore companies doing marketing or business online should maintain a healthy balance between both optimization techniques to make the most of the potential marketing strategies through major search engines.
Popular search engines used all along
Firstly, many “search engines” are available in the market. These search engines come with different kinds of interfaces and unique features. Let’s discuss some of the popular search engines available today. Here we have listed some of the most popular search engines in 2022 according to your convenience-
- Google: As we all know, it has become synonymous with the term ‘search engine’ today. Google is the only ruling search engine in the world. This company acquired almost 70% of search engine markets. However, Google aims to provide the best search results to all its end-users.
- Bing: Launched in 2009 by Microsoft to compete with Google, it is the default search engine for Microsoft devices till now.
- Yahoo: It is the direct competitor search engine to Bing. Although it has been providing free email services, it has been on the verge of decline.
- Baidu: It is a Chinese search engine. Mainly it has been used in China since 2009.
- Ask.com: Previously known as Ask Jeeves, it relies on a question-and-answer format. However, it provides the answers to its user’s quests through an archive databank. Though, the Ask.com answers may not be as relevant as Google.
- DuckDuckGo: It is a popular search engine known to protect the privacy of its users. However, they have partnered with Bing and Yahoo recently.
- Yandex: It is a popular search engine in countries like Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, Belarus, and Kazakhstan.
Popular Jargon tied up with Search Engines
|SEM:||Search Engine Marketing, another strategy of digital marketing|
|SERP:||Search Engine Result Page|
|Data Mining:||The process of yielding larger patterns of data sets|
|Cache:||Is to store or hide data in computing terms|
|Sitemaps:||list of a website’s pages in a single domain|
|PageRanks:||the value awarded to a web page measuring its importance or popularity to obtain the relevant sequence to present the result page in a search engine|
|Backlinks:||Is an incoming hyperlink directing from one webpage to another website|
|Deepweb:||Is a Password-protected, dynamic, or encrypted network, not discoverable by standard searches and a part of the Worldwide Web.|
|Web Directory:||An online list or catalog of websites.|
So far, we have discussed the growing importance of search engines. Now let’s take a quick peek at the career opportunities SEO skillsets provide you in the digital marketing domain. Subsequently, let us guide you to the best digital marketing course to upskill your talents for your convenience.
Update your Digital Marketing skills with Henry Harvin: Cheers to the growing Importance of Search Engines
Notably, due to the heightened internet liabilities in the post-pandemic period, the demand for digital marketers is escalating, as the importance of search engines is growing exponentially. Therefore a career in the digital marketing domain is trending now. Snatch the opportunity to be on trend tracks at a professional level. As a digital marketer get the worldwide exposure to the industry provided by Henry Harvin’s globally recognized certification on completing their Digital Marketing Courses.
Why opt for Henry Harvin Education?
Emphatically, Henry Harvin is one of the leading training & advisory services providers. Moreover, this Edu-Tech entity has been operating its programs since July 2013 across the world. Also, it has offices across 11+ cities worldwide, including:
- In the US, Fremont (San Francisco Bay Area, USA),
- In UAE, Dubai Mainland (UAE),
- And in India, Noida, Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Kochi, Chandigarh, etc.
Henry Harvin also grew a strong team of 650+ consultants and 400+ employees.
Moreover, having a portfolio of 400+ upskilling and reskilling training programs across 27+ different domains, Henry Harvin Education has trained 3,00,000+ learners over time. It conducts 7000+ classes per month.
However, it is a registered training platform for more than 130+ colleges and 210+ corporates out of 900+ corporate clients across the globe. Hence the business verticals of Henry Harvin include training solutions (for individuals, corporates & colleges), staffing solutions, select educational solutions, advisory services, and books on different industrial domains.
Summarizing Henry Harvin’s Digital Marketing Course
- 40 hours of Live Virtual Training,
- one year of free Bootcamp sessions for free,
- Access to the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Get free monthly brush-up sessions and Study materials,
- Get to learn from mentors with 10+ years of expertise and industrial experience and gain updated marketing knowledge about all social media platforms,
- However, in this course, you will learn social media marketing tips for all big social media platforms to build or expand your business and save costs on marketing expenses growing digitally.
- Access to one year of Gold Membership of Henry Harvin’s Digital Marketing Academy includes e-Learning access through recorded videos, projects, case studies, and games with free BootCamp sessions for an entire year.
- Get a globally recognized certification by Henry Harvin with the Hallmark of CADM next to your name,
- Become eligible for 7 Certifications, i.e., Get certified from Henry Harvin Digital Marketing Academy (as a Certified Advanced Digital Marketer [CADM]), Google (with Search Advertising, Adwords Fundamental, Display Advertising, Video Advertising, and Mobile Sites certifications), and Facebook (on Facebook Marketing),
- Moreover, the CADM certification program aids you in earning a global audience for your business. Upskilled by this course, you can build a career in the hot marketing industry, expand your own business, or work as a freelancer assisting clients in increasing their business.
- Bag the prestigious Henry Harvin’s Alumni Status, becoming a part of the 18,000+ alumni network expanded worldwide,
- Get to attain the guaranteed internship with Henry Harvin or its partner firms after completing the CADM course,
- Get hands-on experience with live industry projects throughout the training sessions and get the opportunity to work with renowned companies,
- Access the Weekly 10+ job opportunities offered by Henry Harvin’s efficient job portal.
CADM Training Program: a boon to the wannabe digital marketers
- The Certified Advanced Digital Marketer (CADM) training program conducted by Henry Harvin Digital Marketing Academy is a well-framed Digital Marketing Course.
- The course is structured strategically to aid aspirants in reaching their career goals in the technology-led digital world and earning a handsome package to elevate their career growth with a constant steep curve.
- This course, however, opens up new career avenues in an ever-expanding domain of Digital Marketing.
- Moreover, you can boost your businesses while increasing sales using CADM strategies taught in this course. Improve your brand identity and visibility to grow your brand’s customer reach and following.
- Learn digital marketing tactics and dozens of verified digital marketing approaches with our CADM Training Program. Acquire the in-demand skills and knowledge to ascend the hierarchy in your present organization and stand out among competitor entities.
- Emphatically, after completing the course, you will upskill your eligibility for digital marketing jobs with higher packages. Meanwhile, upgrade your CV to get shortlisted quicker.
- As a digital marketer, you’ll get the opportunity to work as a freelancer or get full-time jobs that satisfy the work-from-remote location criteria to earn in the comfort of your home.
Notably, no prior marketing knowledge or experience is needed to join this course. However, entrepreneurs, business owners, YouTubers, bloggers, social media enthusiasts, or any job-seeking individual can join the CADM course. You can join it to bag the benefits of digital marketing knowledge and skills.
As we have discussed the growing importance of search engines and the simultaneous expansion of the digital marketing field earlier, let’s wrap up this blog by turning the spotlight on the advancement of the technology-driven digital era with the emergence of search engines. And let’s talk about the in-demand career aspects for digital marketers further.
Winding up the discussion on the growing importance of search engines
With the heightened internet utility in today’s pandemic-struck world, people have discovered the benefits of E-commerce platforms. They experienced the power of the digital world to serve our needs while staying in the comfort of our homes. Therefore a steep growth curve can be seen in the growing importance of search engines.
However, web developers and content creators realized the ever-growing importance of search engines due to these modifications in customer demands. Therefore, the necessity for analytical optimization of websites is getting crucial these days. Because SEO, Search Engine Optimization is essential to make it easier to rank websites higher.
Search engines and SEO analytics have come a long way since the 1990s. However, the historical journey of the advancements of SEO and the growing importance of Search Engines have witnessed exciting turns. These milestones are as follows:
- the birth of new search engines,
- the death of old search engines,
- Emerging of new algorithms,
- Launching of new SERP features,
- Constant tests and updates via trial and error process,
- The emergence of SEO publications, tools, conferences, and experts.
While search engines and SEO have evolved towards advancements over the years, one thing remains true. It is the craving of search engines the essential need for SEO analytics. Hence, digital marketers will be in demand to master the skills to analyze SEO. Thereby optimizing certain websites to attract targeted organic traffic. Moreover, speaking about the career opportunities in the growing importance of Search Engines, we’ve only started our journey with SEO in this fast-evolving digital era!
So, wannabe Digital Marketers, consider upskilling yourselves with Digital Marketing Courses offered by Henry Harvin. Without further delay grab the opportunity to optimize your career goals strategically. Hail to the growing importance of search engines!
- Tips for creating SEO-friendly content for bloggers
- Top Instagram Followers Hack to attract Organic Traffic
- Effective types of Digital Marketing for a Bussiness
- Digital Marketing Projects: Best Ideas and Topics for beginners
- Top Google Analytics Courses in India
Frequently Asked Questions
A. SEO is the tool for making a website rank higher in search engines like Google, Bing, etc. Therefore, if you want to increase the number of viewers finding your website through search engines, you should consider SEO analytics. Though there are marketing channels to drive traffic to your website, they won’t generate a cost per lead lower than SEO analytics.
A. A “keyword” is the word or phrase users put on the search bar while using a search engine to find information, product, or service. However, they might type in a “keyword phrase” or a “long-tailed keyword” as well. Hence, to optimize your website, you should use target-audience-specific keywords using SEO analysis to satisfy your search engine ranking.
A. Every website has a domain authority (DA) score ranging from 1 to 100. However, this is an excellent metric if you want to compare how well your website might perform on Google compared to your competitor websites.
A. Every website page has a page authority (PA) score ranging from 1 to 100, working the same way the DA scores work. However, it denotes better the quality of the links, the higher the PA score will be, and vice versa.
A. Emphatically, you can add your business to Online Directories to boost your SEO analysis. Notably, the most common free Online Directories to join are Google My Business, Yellow Pages, Bing Places, Super Pages, Yelp, Manta, Local.com, Foursquare, Cyclex, Lacartes, etc.