Content Marketing Strategy
In order to get more visitors and customers for your business, you need to have a strong, innovative, and up to date content marketing strategy. The content strategy is your marketing plan of the management of every media that you create and own — written, visual, downloadable. A strong content marketing strategy helps businesses in getting cost-effective and consistent sources of website traffic and new leads. Once you get reliable sources of traffic and leads from your content, you can experiment with other marketing strategies to generate revenue.
These strategies can be:
- Social media advertising,
- Sponsored content,
- Distributed content
Also, your content will not only help attract leads, but it will also create awareness for your brand and interest your target prospects.
When you develop a content strategy, there are some key things to consider:
- For whom you want to create the strategy?
- How will you make it unique?
- The formats you need to focus on
- The channels where it will be published
- How will you manage creation and publication?
- The problem it’s going to solve for your audience.
Follow the following steps to create an effective content marketing strategy:
1. Define Your Goal.
Decide on your goal before you start planning:
- Why do you want to create content?
- What is the aim of creating this content?
- What you aim for developing a content marketing plan?
If you know your goal well, you will easily be able to decide best strategies for your business.
2. Determine a Content Management System.
Make a proper system to manage your content. Content management methods include:
- Content Planning
- Content Creation
- Content Publication
- Content Analysis
3. Brainstorm Content Ideas.
- Produce high quality and unique content.
- Come up with new and compelling ideas.
4. Multiple Content Formats
You need to decide what types of content you want to create. Let’s look at most popular content formats that marketers are creating:
1) Blog Posts
- Blog posts should be published regularly in order to attract new visitors.
- Valuable content should be presented to your audience through these blog posts, so that they get inclined to share posts on social media and across other websites.
- The length of a blog post should be 1000-2000 words.
- Potential customers can download Ebooks after submitting a lead form with their contact information, and this is how an Ebook generates leads for the business.
- Ebooks are a popular form of content to attract more and more visitors to your website.
- They are lengthier with more information and are published less frequently.
- For Example- After going through a blog post, a reader who wants more content and information can download an Ebook and submit their contact information to learn more valuable information about their business. This gives a new lead to the business.
- Template tools help people in saving time in the form of a handy content format.
- It engages them with your content and generates more leads for your business.
- Infographics do the work for your content which the words alone cannot.
- It organizes and visualizes data more convincingly.
- A video is highly attracting content medium that engages more and more visitors.
- It traps people’s attention more than any other content format.
- They are shared across social media platforms and websites.
- Videos are the best example of visual marketing which is gaining popularity rapidly.
- A recent study revealed that more than 57 million people listened to podcasts each month in 2017 and the number is growing every day.
- Podcast connect your brand to those people who don’t have the time or who don’t read content every day.
5. In-Depth Research
- Research deeply about your customers, competitors and understand your customer’s problems.
- Create content that your customer wants instead of what you want.
- The worst content marketing is when you show off your product or service instead of focusing on your customer’s wants and needs.
- Most effective content marketing strategy is putting your customers’ needs above your own which builds trust with your customer for your brand.
6. Effective calls to action (CTA)
Your call to action should convince the visitor to take immediate action.
Make sure you produce the effective call to actions. This can include:
- Entertaining video
- a free product trial period
- enrolling for a consultation or webinar
- offering a free sample
- discount on your product, etc.
7. Guest Blogging
- Guest blogging is a great way to attract more and more visitors to your website.
- This is a strategy that builds awareness of your brand, establishes your authority, and improves search rankings.
- Guest blogging increases customers in very less time.
- When on-site content strategy combines with guest posting, it leads to better SEO, more traffic and better conversions.
8. Content Promotion
Only creating amazing content doesn’t guarantee that it will be read by your target audience.
To get your content be seen and shared by the right audience, you need to do more than just publishing it:
Here are some effective content promotion strategies:
• Social media snippets: A single content piece can be shared multiple times over social media platforms.
• Submitting to content communities: reach out to communities having a vast number of readers and submit your content there.
• Influencer marketing: your conversions increase ten times when influencers share your content.
SummaryEvery business is doing content marketing for getting more visitors and customers, but not everyone knows the correct strategies for effective results. Most of these strategies prove to be useless and ineffective because they don’t plan it properly and hence people give up on them.
Therefore, you need the right strategies to regularly produce, promote and repurpose, engaging content. The more value your content strategy delivers, the more likely your ideal customer will engage with your business.