Table of Contents
Ethical hacking is not everyone’s cup of tea. Then, how come India’s top hacker, Ankit Fadia at the mere age of fourteen, started his career in hacking? He could make it amongst the top ethical hackers of India because he had a burning desire to learn. Nevertheless, he learnt from books, but in this era of digitalization, the knowledge of books is combined with guidance from experts brought to you in the form of ethical hacking courses in India.
In this blog, you will find the top ethical hacking courses in India, all sorted to make a choice that suits one’s needs. So, Ethical hacking, also known as white hacking, is the process wherein a hacker hacks systems and networks, with no malicious intent, but rather to find loopholes and vulnerabilities in the system and networks. ethical hackers do not just identify the problem, they provide a solution to it as well. In this way, ethical hackers intend to provide cyber security to the organization.
In order to be a certified ethical hacker, one has to go through a training process according to the updated cv11 curriculum from the EC Council and appear in the exams for the same. There is a constant and growing demand for ethical hackers globally. As the number of cyber breaches and crimes increases, as well as the post-pandemic environment, every firm wants to develop online. Internationally only 38% of the organizations have complete cyber security. In 2021 there were about 3.8 million vacant positions for ethical hackers globally.
Ethical hacking courses, thus offer a promising career path. So here are the top 12 ethical hacking courses in India.
Top 12 ethical hacking courses in India
1. Henry Harvin
The cyber security academy of Henry Harvin
The academy was set up with the goal of imparting skill upgradation to the professionals in technology and management of the organization. It claims to have a practical approach towards training the students from subject matter experts having a myriad of experiences in the cyber security domain. The cyber security academy offers about 10 different courses. On average, each of them has about 3000 learners. In that ethical hacking course, Henry Harvin stands at the second highest position. Needless to say, it is one of the best ethical hacking courses in India.
About the ethical hacking course
The curriculum of the course is designed as per the updated EC-council syllabus which is CEH v11. The live projects will help students gain practical insight. The end-to-end engagement ensures that the learning never becomes monotonous. To serve this purpose, several brainstorming sessions and back presentations occur regularly. The 40 hours of live training sessions will check each and every query raised by learners. Towards the end of the 40-hour live training sessions, they guarantee the following benefits
The benefits after the completion of the course
- sound knowledge of security threats and attack vectors.
- Learners will be able to implement footprinting through web services and website footprinting.
- Learners can operate scanning tools & techniques and scan beyond ids & firewalls.
- Learn about NetBIOS enumeration, SNMP enumeration, and more.
- Learners can recommend vulnerability assessment solutions and vulnerability assessment tools and reports.
- Perform system hijacking applications. The learner will master the concepts of malware, trojan, virus, and worm.
- Understand the web server attacking tools, methodology, and patch management
All the training sessions can be accessed by the learner throughout the course in case they miss one or two of them with the help of class recordings, they can have lifetime access to the same. After the course learner undergoes an internship process where one can apply the knowledge and practical insights gained during the course thoroughly. Henry Harvin conducts various Bootcamp sessions right from resume building to enhancing interview skills this assures placements of the interns. The hallmark certification of a certified ethical hacker stands as proof that the learner, once through the process, is an asset to an organization’s cyber security. At the same time, they can be trusted to build a robust security system for any IT firm.
Henry Harvin’s clientele includes companies such as NIIT, IBM and many more. While guaranteeing 100% placement, the institute verifies the quality of the placement by having an esteemed clientele list and providing 1-year support for placement after completion of the course. Inclusive of all the above, the ethical hacking course fees come to 35400 INR only, which can be paid in EMI.
Apart from all the course-related support, the institute ensures customer support by conducting hackathons called #askhenryharvin. The 9-in-1 program of Henry Harvin undoubtedly stands out as one of its kind in bridging the gap between learning and earning. An ethical hacking course from such an institute will not only add to your resume but will hand you your dream job as an ethical hacker.
Indian students and keen learners are always looking out for careers that can satisfy their curiosity about learning as well as be a side hustle to avoid financial crises. To serve this purpose, many institutes have launched ethical hacking courses in India as self-paced video courses. Such a kind is this institute. The following points summarize everything that the course has to offer.
- It includes a 75+ hour self-paced 9 video module course. After the completion of these 9 modules, students are expected to acquire the following: Ethical Hacking, CEH, Hacking Techniques, IT Security, ICMP Scanning, Hacking NetBIOS, Computer Security, Cyber Crime, Cyber Security, Hacker, Cryptography, Cryptanalysis, Wireless Hacking, Penetration Testing, Social Engineering, Trojans, Nmap, Meterpreter, DNS, ICMP, Prompt Backdoor, Meterpreter Backdoor, etc.
- It has 7 real-time projects that include ethical hacking case studies and 8+ hours of project tutorials to give you hands-on experience of the projects and apply the skills acquired.
- A certificate of completion is provided once the student has finished the course.
- However, the prerequisites of the course are that the participant who intends to take up the course must be aware of programming, networking, basic computer knowledge, and an understanding of operating systems.
- So the target audience is mostly the business owners who want to have cyber security in their online businesses and the professional in technology who wants to acquire skills, hands-on training and practical insights
The course costs about 42000INR
As discussed previously, the ethical hacking courses in India are becoming self-paced, but with that, the placements after completion of the course the placements hold significance. The course offered by Grass offers these benefits.
The following points highlight the course criteria and benefits.
- They provide a demo lecture for this course after registration.
- The course has 60+ hours of 20 modules. The curriculum is based on the v11 updated syllabus from EC-Council, which covers the topics of cryptography, SQL, malware threats, hacking web servers, sniffing and its techniques, etc.
- The course offered is offline as well as online, depending on the location of the learner. It is flexible.
- On the completion of the course, the institute provides two certificates. One of them is a certificate of certified ethical hacker and the other is an ethical hacking expert.
- The certificates have an expiry date of three years, considering the advancement in the field.
- The institute ensures to provide placements after certification
- The prerequisites of the ethical hacking course are that the learner should have completed a bachelor’s in technology or computer science
The price of the course is not mentioned and might vary according to the location ( offline )
Edureka is an international academy. Here it is included in the ethical hacking courses in India because it provides live online classes and customer support to candidates in India. The course is accredited by the EC Council and the curriculum is designed as per the v11 updated syllabus from the EC Council. The participant is expected to learn the following skills from the course:
- Reconnaissance and Footprinting
- Malware Analysis
- Wireless Network Security
- IDS, firewalls and honeypots
- Mobile, IoT, and Web Security
- Vulnerability Assessment
Various kinds of tools are covered in this course.
The institute provides the following perks along with courses:
- 6 months’ free access to CEHv11 iLabs
- Study material and pre-recorded sessions by EC-Council
- 24×7 support – learning assistance
- Hands-on, project-based learning
- Industry-recognized certification
Edureka claims that upon completion of the course, An ideal skill set in network security, session hijacking, cryptography, system penetration testing, building firewalls, footprinting, and more to become a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is acquired. The cost of the course is 39,999 INR, which can be paid in instalments.
This institute is a global platform similar to the one considered above. It is accredited by EC-Council, so it is expected to have a curriculum based on the v11 updated syllabus. This is the only institute offers the course in three manner
- Live online – which is convenient and interactive and sums up to 73000 INR.
- Self-learning- which is convenient and economical i.e. It costs 58000 INR with one year of access.
- Classroom- this is the most interactive, but the charges for this are disclosed upon request.
Skillogic provides high-quality accredited trainers, study material, and a complementary business analysis course. The duration of the course is 40+ hours. Live online courses are available in most time zones with flexible sessions.
A case study approach is used to address the students and with a blended learning model that is online and offline together, a student can fit the course as per their requirements.
6. The prime pack of tutorials point
The prime pack of tutorial points includes the following
- 20 video courses – duration of 137 hours.
- 2 e-books on ethical hacking.
- The learner can acquire knowledge regarding various viruses such Trojan, Spyware, Bots & Botnets, DMZ. The Cyber Threats such as BFA (Brute Force Attack), IP Spoofing, Url Spoofing, LDAP Injection, SQL Injection, MIMA, Phishing Attacks and much more are discussed in detail.
- It ensures the understanding of penetration testing.
- The learner has lifetime access to this course and e-books. The industry experts, design these courses
- A certificate on completion of the course is provided by the institute.
- A guide comes along with a course that will guide you with your preparation for the CompTIA Security+ Analyst Certification Exam.
There are no prerequisites for this course. The ethical hacking course from this institute claims to provide learners with step-by-step information through its video courses and a practical training handbook that will help learners gain practical insight. The course fee is 44,027 INR.
7. Craw security
Craw Security is a Delhi-based institute. It is one of the few ethical hacking courses in India that provides a 100% placement guarantee. The summer training for ethical hacking v11 can be pursued only if one has knowledge of programming. The curriculum of the course is as per the v11 update.
Otherwise for the ones with zero knowledge of programming they have an option that is a beginner to the advanced level course. Four types of basic training are provided. It starts with Python and two additional courses of penetration testing can also be accessed. This is a 3-month course that charges about 55000 INR but ensures placement. The course is available online as well as offline. Either way, they provide 80% practical sessions and 20% theory sessions. The course is instructor-led and the instructors are believed to have 10+ years of experience. Study materials such as e-books are also made available to the students.
Intellipaat is one of the ethical hacking courses in India that is designed with the perspective to clear the exam of the EC council to become a certified ethical hacker. It’s a 40-hour instructor-led course that makes the students skilled in the following areas:
- The basics of ethical hacking
- Hacking methods and tactics
- Trojans and honeypots
- An intrusion detection system (IDS)
- Network packet analysis and other advanced theories
- Virus programming and reverse engineering it
- Log management
- Information security
A learner can attend every batch of the course once access to any batch is available to them. The recordings and materials are available for self-paced learning, placement assistance is provided, and one student is allotted one mentor for the resolution of doubts.
This course is available for freshers as well as corporate professionals. The cost of the course is 63000 INR
9. Ws- cube tech
The online ethical hacking course provided by this institute is like many other online ethical hacking courses in India. The key feature here is that the student need not have any technical background. The 60 days of live training is good enough to turn an amateur into a certified ethical hacker.
This course covers all the concepts (from beginner to advanced), including computing networking attacks, enumeration, malware, ransomware, phishing, attack vectors, vulnerabilities, DoS/DDoS attacks, social engineering, footprinting, sniffing, and much more.
Practical insight while training is ensured by the means of assignments. 100% placement is assured to the learners from 100+ industry tie-ups of the institute.
The trainers stand on solid experience and engage the lecture in a manner wherein the doubt resolution becomes efficient and timely. The course is offered at 29500 INR. A demo lecture is available to the students on registration
The Complete Ethical Hacking Course: Beginner to Advanced! By Emrin Kreponic and Aldrin Omedric is for any keen learner genuinely interested in ethical hacking. The duration of the course is 24.5 hr with lifetime access as well as downloadable study material resources. The course includes how to install Kali Linux, using VirtualBox, basics of Linux, Tor, Proxychains, VPN, Macchanger, Nmap, cracking wifi, aircrack, DoS attacks, SLL strip, known vulnerabilities, SQL injections, and cracking Linux passwords. The course completion indicates that the learner is thorough with penetration testing, wifi hacking, and web testing using Kali Linux. A certificate of completion is awarded to the learner. This is the cheapest course in this listing at 3499 INR.
Internshala is a famous platform that provides courses at subsidized rates to students and gives them a sneak peek into what a particular industry looks like. The ethical hacking course by Internshala contains 126 video tutorials on how to hack mainly, a website and make a recommendation on the loopholes in it, that is how to write a vapt report. It includes self-assessment quizzes and tests to check the knowledge gained with the final assessment to have certification. There are 72 assignments and 1 final project wherein the learner will hack a real-time website and write a vapt report on its recommendations. The schedule for the course is 1 hour/day for 8 weeks, 56 hours total course duration with lifetime access to it. The price for this course is 5399 INR. They provide placement assistance and doubt-solving sessions.
Swayam NPTEL is an initiative by the government of India to bridge the gap between quality education and the disadvantaged students who cannot access education. This ethical hacking course in India stands out because, unlike another certificate ethical hacking courses which charge a hefty amount, it is available for free and with self-paced learning.
After each module, the learner has to take a self-assessment. The assignment marks include the marks of self-assessment.
Swayam releases their final exam schedule every year if the learner has completed the course they can apply for the same. Then the learner has to pay the exam fee, which is 1000 INR.
The score from the best 8 assignments is taken and 25% of it is calculated. Similarly, 75% of the final exam score is calculated. The total of both scores is summed up.
The learner is eligible for a certificate only if the final summed-up score is at least 40. If the student fails to do so the fees are refunded.
Starting from the basics like networking, network security, and cryptography, the course will cover various attacks and vulnerabilities and ways to secure them. There are also hands-on demonstrations.
The course duration is 12 weeks and the prerequisite for the course is to have a sound knowledge of programming and networking.
The ethical hacking courses in India are becoming available at the tips of the fingers, but choosing the best one requires in-depth research of all of them. This blog will serve as a guide to choosing amongst the best available ethical hacking courses in India. this will help pick up a course that will cater to one’s needs, be it satisfying curiosity or upskilling one’s self in this domain
A comparison is made on the basis of course structure, curriculum and fees. Ethical hacking is a must when it comes to cyber security. The expanding boundaries of the digitalization of small and big businesses demonstrate the need for skilled ethical hackers. If you are looking for a career change that allows you to grow and flourish here is your chance to do yourself a favour. All the best!!!
The salary of an ethical hacker depends on the skill of the hacker, but on average, as a fresher, it starts from 2 lakh per annum and goes up to 40 lakh per annum.
Cryptography skills are in high demand for ethical hacking.
There are no such prerequisites in terms of educational qualifications; any beginner or fresher can navigate one’s path in this career through the ethical hacking courses available.
Yes, certain companies and organizations only require occasional ethical hacking services and so they hire freelancers. Once the course is completed and the learner has gained enough experience he/she can apply on various freelance platforms
Yes, indeed, ethical hacking courses include coding. The most prominent coding languages in ethical hacking are python, java, and SQL
Ethical hackers work as network security administrators, network security engineers, penetration testers, and security consultants