Table of Contents
What is Big Data Analytics Course
The world of data is growing by the day. Every day, we create around 2.5 quintillion bytes of data. That is very large and diversified data or Big Data. Big data analytics courses are the ones that help you make sense of these structured/semi-structured/unstructured data from various sources. You will be learning the usage of advanced analytic techniques to analyse big data that ranges in sizes from terabytes to zettabytes. Big Data analytics is important as it helps companies or business to analyse the trends, patterns and other correlations and get useful insights for their businesses. It also helps them to make data-driven decisions and predictions to grow their business.
How does Big Data Analytics work
Data analysts, statisticians or scientists collect data from various sources such as web server logs, social media content, cloud/mobile applications, internet clickstream data. This data is cleaned, processed and analyzed to give it a structure and derive at conclusions. These results help many companies or organizations make prediction or decision about the company/products to increase revenue.
Types of big data analytics
There are four types of big data analytics namely
- Diagnostic analytics – An advanced type of big data analytics used to investigate data and content. It helps you answer the ‘why’ of businesses and trends. It uses tools and techniques such as filtering the data, searching for pattern, regression analysis, probability theory etc.
- Descriptive analytics – One of the most common types that is used to stay updated on the trends and performances of a company’s operations. This is useful in finance, production and sales. Descriptive analytics makes it possible for companies to anticipate future trends or make data-driven decisions.
- Prescriptive analytics – This type of analytics takes the results from predictive and descriptive analytics to find solutions to optimize business using various tools and techniques. Prescriptive analytics helps companies to make decisions that will bring great financial gains. Google is one of the companies using this type of analytics.
- Predictive analytics – As the name suggests, this type of analytics helps in predicting future outcomes based on data insight. The tools it uses are sophisticated such as machine learning and statistical modeling. Predictive analytics gives more accurate forecast of the future which is made use by the companies to make savings while earn money.
There are various reputed and well known organizations offering Big Data Analytics Courses online. Lets take a look at them below.
Top Big Data Analytics Courses Online
1. Henry Harvin
One of the excellent Big data analytics courses online is provided by Henry Harvin academy. The course includes crucial frameworks involved in big data analytics such as Hadoop and Spark. It will first cover the fundamentals of big data analytics and then proceed to advanced tools such as HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Hive etc. With analytical professionals in ever-growing demand, this course will equip you with the right tools and training required to get a good position in the job system. Henry Harvin academy strives to make the educated, employable, through various skill trainings, certifications, courses, and programs via online platform. Big data analytics courses online is one such course that will give an aspirting analytics professional, with all the necessary resources.
The course curriculum includes the topics – Hadoop, Hive-big data SQL, Spark-stream, Apache Kafka- A distributed streaming platform, and Advanced Spark.
Benefits of signing up for big data analytics course at Henry Harvin
- Live instructor-led online training sessions for a total of 32 hours. This will cover extensive knowledge about the Hadoop Framework, MapReduce, HDFS and Hadoop 2. x- YARN, Hive, Apache Kafka, Spark etc.
- Internship assistance where you can apply the knowledge gained in the Big data analytics course which is followed by placement assistance for 1-year after the completion of the course.
- Projects and assignments which will further improve your knowledge-application skills. The projects will cover the fields of Kafta, Spark, Big Data SQL, and many more.
- Hallmark Certification of CBDA- Certified Big Data Analyst which is recognized by Govt. of India which you can proudly add to your resume.
- Regular boot camp sessions for a period of 1 year. Free access to Hackathons and competitions, tools and techniques, video content etc on its website.
Henry Harvin’s Big Data Analytics course online makes you career ready! You can become an eligible Big Data Analyst and get into one of the high-paying jobs that the industry has to offer.
Other analytics courses by Henry Harvin
- Business analytics with R (CBAP) course
- Marketing analytics with R (CMAP) course
- Financial analytics with R (CFAP) course
- Google Analytics course
- Business analytics with Python (CPBA) course
The popular multinational technology company started an initiative called Cognitive Class (formerly known as Big Data University) to make everyone literates about big data analytics. IBM’s Big data analytics course online applies MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) model which is free of cost and can be accessed by anyone interested in Data science. It covers big data fundamentals with 3 courses i.e., Big Data 101, Hadoop 101, Spark Fundamentals 1. There is no time-line for this course and certificate can be obtained at completion.
Big Data Analytics Master Programs by IBM
IBM also offers 2 Master’s programs in Big Data Analytics Courses online via career services such as IntelliPaat. They are:
1. Big Data Architect Master’s Course – This Master’s Program helps you gain proficiency in Big data analytics. You get to work on real-world projects as part of this program. The curriculum includes 13 courses divided in two modes of learning such as online classroom training and self-paced training. The courses are on the subjects of Big Data Hadoop & Spark, Apache Spark & Scala, Splunk Developer & Admin, Python for Data Science, Linux, Java etc.
2. Spark Master Course – Spark Master Course is a collaboration of IBM and Microsoft. This program is designed by industry experts. This Master’s certification program has 8 courses are on the subjects Pyspark, Databricks Spark, Python, MongoDB, Linux etc.
Udemy is an online learning and teaching marketplace. It is a MOOC provider offering one of the best Big data analytics courses online. It arranges coursework into lessons and modules according to the instructors. The lessons can be videos or text notes. Below mentioned are some of the courses available on Udemy.
- The definitive intro to big data science by Erik Tromp
- Introduction to Apache NiFi by Stephane Maarek
- Big Data for Managers by Ganapathi Devappa
- Intro to Big Data, Data Science and AI by Julia Mariasova
- Fundamentals of data analysis for Big Data by Michael Donald
- Data analytics, storage, mining, and visual Big Data technologies by Lalitha Audikesavan
4. CCE IIT Madras
The Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) IIT Madras in collaboration with career service provider IntelliPaat has 2 Big data analytics executive programs. They are as follows:
1. Advanced Certification in Data Science and AI
This course is open to you as online boot camp sessions. There is no requirement for prior programming knowledge for the candidates. The Certification is provided by CCE, IIT Madras. The course includes 14 modules such as preparatory session for Linux and Python, GIT, Linear Algebra and Advanced Statistics, Deep Learning using TensorFlow, Data Science Capstone project, Data Science at Scale with Pyspark etc.
2. Advanced Certification in DevOps & Cloud Computing
This advanced Certification course by CCE, IIT Madras, and IntelliPaat is designed and trained by the expert faculty of IIT Madras. Similar to the other course, this certification doesn’t require the candidates to possess prior knowledge of programming. The course includes 10 modules such as Amazon Web Services, Preparatory session-Linux and Python, Data Virtualization, DevOps, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
5. Belhaven University
Belhaven university provides one of the best Big data analytics course online in collaboration with IntelliPaat. The university offers an online PG program in Big Data Architect. This program helps you become proficient in Spark, Python, Hadoop development, Hadoop analysis, Apache Storm, NoSQL databases, Splunk developer, etc. The curriculum includes live courses and self-paced online training as stated below.
- Big Data Hadoop & Spark
- Apache Spark & Scala
- Splunk Developer & Admin
- Python for Data Science
- AWS Big Data
- Hadoop Testing
- Apache Storm
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Cassandra
6. International University of Applied Sciences (IU) and London South Bank University (LSBU)
These two universities offer one of the best Big data analytics courses online. The MBA in Big Data Management offered as a dual degree by IU and LSBU will equip you with all the skills and knowledge required to be an excellent business leader. This course provides a unique option of blended learning where candidates can choose to study on-campus in Germany. The course has 3 semesters with various modules such as Leadership, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Data Science, Analytical Software and Frameworks, Data Utilization, Capstone project, etc.
EDX is an online education provider which has one of the best Big data analytics courses online. These courses are gathered from top universities and other institutions around the world. Currently, it has more than 2500 online classes designed by these partners. EDX is also a MOOC provider. The courses on EDX are free of cost, however, you will have to pay a fee ranging from 50 to 100 USD if you want to access exams or need a verified certificate. Below mentioned are some of the courses on EDX.
- Big Data Fundamentals by AdelaideX
- Data Analytics Basics for Everyone by IBM
- Big Data Capstone Project by AdelaideX
- Computational Thinking and Big Data by AdelaideX
- Big Data Analytics using Spark by UCSanDiegoX
- Knowledge Management and Big Data in Business by HKPolyUx
- IoT Programming and Big Data by CurtinX
This is an online learning platform that was founded by two Stanford University professors specializing in Computer Science. Coursera provides one of the best Big data analytics courses online. It adopts MOOC model and works with universities to provide online courses, certifications, and degrees in various subjects. Here are the Big data analytics courses that Coursera provides.
1. Data Science Specialization
This course is provided by John Hopkins University. It is composed of 10 courses and trains you with all the tools and concepts required to understand data science. Being one of the longest courses on Coursera, it focuses on theories of an algorithm, data analysis, and statistics. As this course is a specialization course, it requires you to have prior knowledge of basic programming.
2. Data analysis and Presentation Skills: the PwC Approach Specialization
This course is provided by Price Waterhouse Coopers LLP. It is one of the best specialization Big data analytics courses online. The course focuses more on business application than theory. It is designed for employees and the course doesn’t demand any prior programming background. The data analytics specialization includes 5 courses as mentioned below.
- Data-driven Decision Making
- Problem-solving with Excel
- Data Visualization with Advanced Excel
- Data Visualization with Advanced Excel
- Effective Business Presentations with PowerPoint
- Data Analysis and Presentation Skills: the PwC Approach Final Project
3. Statistics with R
This specialization in Big data analytics course online is offered by Duke University. The course requires you to have good programming knowledge. Statistics with R specialization has 5 courses that will help you analyze data with the programming language R. The courses are as follows:
- Introduction to Probability and Data
- Numerical and Categorical Data
- Linear Regression and Modeling
- Bayesian Statistics
- Statistics with R Capstone
4. Big Data Specialization
Big Data Specialization is one of the finest Big data analytics courses online. It is offered by the University of California, San Diego. The specialization program has 6 courses as follows:
- Introduction to Big Data
- Big Data Modeling and Management Systems
- Big Data Integration and Processing
- Overview of Machine Learning
- Graph Analytics for Big Data
- Big Data – Final Project
Cloudera is a hybrid data platform that provides educational services online. It can offer you one of the best Big data analytics courses online. The courses are designed by industry experts. The course curriculum is dynamic and keeps you updated with the latest innovations. Cloudera is a popular name in the field of Big data analytics courses. The syllabus includes courses such as Apache Hadoop, Ecosystem, and file storage, RDD overview, Spark basics, Spark SQL, and other related topics.
10. MIT Open Courseware
This world-famous institute gives you an interesting opportunity in Big data analytics courses online. Live instructor-led online course in Advanced-Data Structures is one of the best specializations in Big data analytics courses. It covers geometric data structures, integer models, dynamic graphs, retroactive, and persistent data structures, etc. This is an advanced course. To make learning easy, the candidates are given assignments every week to make the learning outcome most effective.
Another course offered under this program is Python which covers the basics of Python language then leads to programming and frameworks. Python is a very popular programming language in big data analytics.
All the above-mentioned Big data analytics courses or the institutes offering the courses are on online platforms and can be accessed by students and professionals alike. Some courses on MOOC platforms are free which is a boon for students. This is a very promising field in terms of job opportunities and will keep you ahead in the industry which is growing with each passing day.
On a large scale, data analytics technologies give companies and organizations a way to filter, organize and analyze their data. These data help the organizations make evidence-based data-driven decisions for the betterment of their companies. The benefits of learning big data analytics are many but mainly effective marketing and revenue opportunities, which help you grow and stay ahead of your competitors. Big data analytics course is a vital part of data science and will always help you whether you are a professional or an entrepreneur.
Every year we are generating more and more data. This means the professionals required to analyze this big data will be in growing demand each year. Big data analytics course can make you equipped with all the tools and training required to master data science. There are potential job opportunities in the fields of banking, media, sales, healthcare, education, etc. Hence to get placed in an evergrowing industry you will find that Big data analytics courses are very helpful.
Definitely yes. The higher your expertise, the higher will be your income. If you are a beginner who possesses no knowledge of programming, you can still choose a course, opt for the beginner level and move higher up in the industry later on. If you are familiar with programming as a new graduate or someone who is already working, you can choose advanced courses that will help you in career growth. With the right analytics course, you can end up in a great job depending on your proficiency.
Big data analytics is all about analyzing the data and making sense of it. Whether the data of a company or a firm, data analytics courses will help to make predictions, to understand the trend of sales or usage. All this information will help you make future predictions. Your decisions about the company will be data-driven. All these aspects will help you to expand your company’s scale while generating greater income.
It definitely will. There are many options in Big data analytics course which specializes in analyzing unstructured and semi-structured data. The analysis will provide you with a clear picture of the geography of the highest sales, the age group of the population who are purchasing your products, factors that are affecting increasing or decreasing your company’s sales, etc. You can sign up for big data analytics courses yourself or hire a professional who already is educated in the field, the choice is yours. But a data analytics course will definitely help you organize your company’s data and increase your sales manyfold.
In today’s data-driven era almost every field uses analytic techniques to make sense of the data. Data analysis helps them to make evidence-based decisions and predictions. The world is dependent on data to a very large extent. Big data analytics is applied in banking, media, education, healthcare, government, insurance, wholesale and retail trade, etc. The field encompasses every industry you can think of.
Data Science Course
The Data Science Course from Henry Harvin equips students and Data Analysts with the most essential skills needed to apply data science in any number of real-world contexts. It blends theory, computation, and application in a most easy-to-understand and practical way.
Artificial Intelligence Certification
Become a skilled AI Expert | Master the most demanding tech-dexterity | Accelerate your career with trending certification course | Develop skills in AI & ML technologies.
Certified Industry 4.0 Specialist
Introduced by German Government | Industry 4.0 is the revolution in Industrial Manufacturing | Powered by Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and CPS | Suitable for Aspirants from all backgrounds
RPA using UiPath With
Training & Certification
No. 2 Ranked RPA using UI Path Course in India | Trained 6,520+ Participants | Learn to implement RPA solutions in your organization | Master RPA key concepts for designing processes and performing complex image and text automation
Certified Machine Learning
No. 1 Ranked Machine Learning Practitioner Course in India | Trained 4,535+ Participants | Get Exposure to 10+ projectsExplore Popular Category