Table of Contents
What is full stack development? Full stack development refers to end-to-end web application development. The term “end-to-end” signifies the entire development process including, the front-end and back-end. While front-end development focuses on the user interface (UI) and user experience (UX). This involves creating the visual elements, layouts, and interactive features that users interact with directly. On the other hand Back-end development, deals with server-side logic, database management, and integration with external systems or APIs. In 2023 as more and more businesses are going in for digitalization, full-stack development skills are in high demand.
If you’re a budding developer or a professional or someone who is just curious about what is full-stack development, then this guide is a complete roadmap for you. In this comprehensive guide for 2023, we simplify the concept of Full Stack Development and also tell you about the required skills, and technologies involved. Also, courses to learn the skills from. In the context of full stack development, “stack,” “framework,” and “technology stack” refer to different components and tools used to build a web application.
Now, let’s briefly understand the terminologies :
Best Institute for Full Stack Development Course Henry Harvin
According to India Today and The Tribune India, Henry Harvin is the best upskilling institute in the country. This institute in India offers Full Stack Developer training to help you become a better engineer. This online course is designed to help full-stack developers learn Java and other languages quickly. In-depth knowledge of AWS, Angular, RestFul WS, JSPs, Hibernate, etc., will be gained throughout the hands-on training sessions. To get ahead in your career, you should learn to code better. Henry Harvin has some of the most seasoned experts in the business as his trainers.
Essential Features of 9-in-1 Training
- Project: Include app development, industry-wide implementation of many programming languages, and work in Java and Angular in your offer.
- Internship: The Certified Java Full Stack Developer (CJFSD) Course is an easy way to gain real-world experience in the field.
- Certification: Henry Harvin® is a government-recognized, award-winning institute in India that offers a Java Full Stack Developer Course with Hallmarked Certification.
- Placement: If you complete the Java Full Stack Developer course, you will be guaranteed a job within a year.
- E-Learning: Easy availability of several resources (tools, videos, tests, etc.).
- Bootcamps: Spend the next year routinely attending industry-related Bootcamp sessions. Additionally, all #AskHenry Hackathons and Competitions are free to enter.
- Membership: To take the Java Full Stack Developer course, you’ll also need a gold subscription to Henry Harvin® Coding Academy for a year.
- Alums: If you enrol in Elite Coding Academy, you will join the Henry Harvin® Alumni Network, which has over 3,000,000 members.
Ph No: +91 9891953953
Cost of the Training: 6,950 (EMI-7722).
Duration: 144 hours
What is a Stack in software development?
1. Stack: A stack, also known as a technology stack or software stack, is a combination of programming languages, frameworks, libraries, and tools used to develop a web or software application. It consists of two main components: the front end (client side) and the back end (server side).
The Frontend stack:
The Backend stack:
What is Full Stack Development Framework?
A framework is a pre-established set of tools, libraries, and guidelines that provide a structured approach to developing software and web applications. It simplifies the development process by offering reusable code, standard conventions, and built-in functionalities. Frameworks handle many common tasks, such as routing, database integration, authentication, and session management.
Popular front-end frameworks include React.js, Angular, and Vue.js. These frameworks help build interactive UIs, manage state, and handle component-based development.
Examples of backend frameworks include Express.js for Node.js, Flask or Django for Python, Ruby on Rails, and Laravel for PHP. These frameworks provide the necessary tools to handle routing, database integration, and other server-side tasks.
What is Full Stack Development Technology Stack?
The technology stack is also called the software stack or development stack. Precisely all the tools, libraries, and frameworks used together form the Technology Stack. Here also there is a frontend tech stack and Backend Tech Stack.
Full Stack Development- The Top Technology Stacks
As software development trends change in a blink of an eye, the choice of tech stacks in full-stack development varies with requirements and other factors. The leading technology Stacks are:
It is similar to MEAN Stack where REACT replaces Angular. As UIs are given utmost importance in 2023, React is a very popular choice of framework. It can be used for developing high-end, single-page, interactive UIs. MERN stack stands to gain in 2023.
MERN + GraphQL Stack:
This stack combines the MERN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React, and Node.js) with GraphQL, which is a query language for APIs. It offers more flexible data retrieval and is gaining popularity.
This variant of MEAN is gaining popularity. In this stack, Angular is replaced by Vue.js. Vue is a lightweight framework. It has the best features of both Angular and React.
The LAMP stack comprises Linux (operating system), Apache (webserver), MySQL (database), and PHP (server-side language). It is a time-tested widely used technology for web Application development. Content Management Systems(CMS) like WordPress and Drupal use LAMP stack.
Django is a high-level Python web framework that is often paired with the Django stack, which includes Python (programming language), Django (framework), and MySQL or PostgreSQL (database).
Flutter for Web:
The Serverless stack:
Due to cloud services serverless stacks are popular in 2023. They are highly scalable and easier in infrastructure management. AWS Lambda Stack, Azure Functions Stack, and Google Cloud Stack are popular stacks.
Ruby on Rails Stack:
Ruby on Rails, often referred to as Rails, is a popular old application framework. It follows the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern and provides a set of conventions to streamline web development. It utilizes Ruby (programming language), Rails (framework), and PostgreSQL (database). Rails applications can be deployed on various web servers, such as Apache, Nginx, or the built-in WEBrick server that comes bundled with Rails for development purposes
What is Full Stack Development? -Choosing the right technology Stack
The choice of a technology stack depends on Project Requirements, Development Team skills and experience, scalability of the project, cost and budget, time-to-market, industry trends, compatibility and integrations with existing platforms, support, maintenance after implementation, etc.
Full stack development -The Skills required
Now that you understand What is full-stack development, let’s find out the skills required to be a full-stack developer.
- Firstly a full-stack developer should be proficient in various programming languages and frameworks.
2. One should also have an understanding of the software development lifecycle, version control, and deployment strategies.
3. Other than this the full-stack developer should be familiar with DevOps and tools like Git and Docker framework to collaborate with teams and streamline the development process.
Knowledge of web architecture and APIs:
4. Full-stack developers should understand various web architectures (REST, GraphQL) and have experience in building and consuming APIs (Application Programming Interfaces).
5. Finally the most important skill a software professional should have is Soft Skills like problem-solving, communication, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team. They should be adaptable and eager to learn new technologies as the web development landscape is ever-evolving.
6. Transitioning from one layer to another is a seamless process for full-stack developers. They should possess the flexibility to switch between front-end and back-end tasks based on project requirements or collaborate effectively with specialized developers in each domain. This versatility is a significant advantage in rapidly evolving industries where agility and adaptability are crucial.
The RoadMap to Learning Full Stack Development
Moving ahead as you now are well set with knowing what is full stack development and the skills required to be a full stack developer Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
1. Foundational Web Technologies:
2. Frontend Development:
Familiarize yourself with popular frontend frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue.js. These frameworks simplify the process of building user interfaces and provide efficient ways to manage application states.
3. Backend Development:
Learn about databases and how to interact with them. Familiarize yourself with both SQL (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB). Understand concepts like data modelling, querying, and database normalization.
5. Server-side Development:
Dive deeper into server-side development by learning about RESTful APIs, authentication and authorization, server-side rendering, and handling data storage and retrieval.
6. Version Control
Master a version control system like Git, which is crucial for collaborating on codebases, managing different versions of your project, and working with a team. Also learn project Management tools like Jira, Asana etc.
7. Deployment and DevOps:
Learn how to deploy applications to production environments, including configuring servers, managing domains, and ensuring scalability and security. Explore tools like Docker and cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
You may join some of these courses online to learn about What is Full Stack Development:
- MERN Stack developer Course
- Java full stack developer course online
- Python full stack developer course
Check out this Video on Java Full Stack Program by Henry Harvin:
Before concluding the blog let’s have a look at the components of the Technology stack of Social Media Platforms Facebook and Instagram:
The frontend stack is of React, GraphQL, Redux Yarn, Babel, Webpack, and Yarn. The backend includes Cassandra, Hadoop, BigPipe, Apache Kafka HipHop for PHP, Memcached, etc.
The front end comprises HTML5, React Native, Jquery, SASS/SCSS, Webpack, and Babel. The back end is Danjo Framework, Cassandra, and PostgreSQL, it also uses AWS and Google Analytics.
Knowing what is full-stack development is essential for web developers in 2023. Skills in both front-end and back-end development make full-stack developers well-equipped to venture into the complete web development process. As technology evolves, staying up-to-date with the latest frameworks and languages will be the key to thriving in this dynamic field. Embracing full-stack development opens doors to diverse career opportunities and empowers developers to create robust, efficient, and user-friendly web applications.
For more information, you may read the following articles on Full stack development:
Yes, better than front-end or back-end developers.
Yes, According to a LinkedIn survey full stack developers demand is raising by 35% every year
Challenges faced by full stack developers include the need to stay updated with rapidly changing technologies, handling multiple technologies and frameworks, and balancing workload between front-end and back-end.
Full-stack developers have strong career prospects Definitely, a full-stack developer can become a Technical Lead or Solution Architect in a short period of time.
Full-stack development can be suitable for beginners who are willing to learn multiple technologies and have a holistic understanding of web development.
Yes, Mobile app developers know full stack development can use frameworks like React Native or Flutter, to build a cross-platform end-to-end mobile and web application. Their skillset will make them more highly paid than other developers.