Table of Contents
Learning a foreign language is always beneficial especially if you are an Indian. Indeed ,we Indians are the most skillful and knowledgeable people in the world. So for Indians, there is a sea of opportunities at the professional level outside India. Along with this learning a foreign language will enhance your travel experience also. Now question is “which are the best foreign languages to learn in India?” In this article, you will learn about the 10 best foreign languages to learn in India.
It’s always a personal choice to learn a foreign language. People either learn a foreign language because of a professional need or because they want to enhance their travel experience. Obviously, there are few people who learn just for fun. Whatever the reason everyone wants to learn the language which is most useful. Let’s have a look at the list of the top 10 best and most useful foreign languages to learn in India.
10 Useful Foreign languages to learn in India
One of the best foreign languages to learn in India is French. Many countries like Canada and several African nations use French as a second language. This makes it a useful language for international business and travel. Many Indian students choose to study in France for higher education. Hence knowledge of the French language can be beneficial for these students.
Benefits of Learning French
- French culture, literature, and art are also highly respected and widely studied. This makes it an interesting and rewarding language to learn for personal enrichment.
- French is also a Romance language, which means that it shares many similarities with other Romance languages like Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese, making it relatively easy to learn for speakers of these languages.
Henry Harvin is one of the best institutes to learn the French language among all other institutes.
2. German (Deutsch)
Undoubtedly, German is another one of the best foreign languages to learn in India. It is also a “gateway” language, opening up opportunities to learn other languages such as Dutch, Swedish and Danish and also it is relatively easy to learn for speakers of other Indo-European languages.
Benefits of Learning Germany
- Germany is the largest economy in the European Union and has a strong presence in industries such as engineering, technology, and research, making German a valuable language for international business and trade. This makes the German a best foreign language to learn in India.
- Many Indian students choose to study in German universities and research institutions, and knowledge of the German language can be beneficial for these students.
- German is also one of the highly used languages in Europe, making it a valuable language for travel and communication with many people.
- German is also a useful language for Indian students. Many leading research institutions and Universities in European countries uses German.
Henry Harvin offers India’s best institute to learn German. German language is the next best foreign language to learn for jobs in India. So if you want to learn a language which can help you professionally and otherwise also, German is the best language to learn in India.
3. Spanish (Español)
The next most spoken language in the world is Spanish. So it is considered the best foreign language to learn in India. It is a valuable language for communication with a large number of people. Spanish is widely spoken in many countries, including Spain, Mexico, and Central and South America, making it a useful language for international travel and business.
Benefits of Learning Spanish
- Spanish is one of the official languages of the United Nations and is widely used in international organizations, making it a valuable language for international relations and diplomacy.
- Culture and literature of Spain is highly respected and widely studied, making it an interesting and rewarding language to learn for personal enrichment.
- This is also a Romance language, which means that it shares many similarities with other Romance languages like French, Italian, and Portuguese, making it relatively easy to learn for speakers of these languages.
- Spanish is also becoming increasingly important for business and commerce in the US where it is spoken by a large number of people.
- Knowing Spanish can also open the doors to many job opportunities in the fields of translation, teaching, healthcare and other industries that rely on language skills.
Henry Harvin’s Spanish Language course will make you learn Spanish in a fun way and also you will get a strong command of this language.
4. Japanese (日本語 / Nihongo)
Japanese is another foreign language to learn in India. Among all east Asian Languages, Japanese is the most demanding or popular language. However even on the internet also it is the most used language.
Benefits of Learning Japanese
- Indeed Japan is one of the leading countries in the world when it comes to manufacturing electronics, infrastructure, automobiles etc.
- Indeed the improved bilateral relationship of India with Japan is going to open doors of limitless opportunities. so learning Japanese is going to help you definitely in a certain way.
- In addition, if you opt for higher education in Japan there is no doubt that having the knowledge of Japanese will help you in many good ways.
- Even in India also, there are many Japanese companies that look for language specialists who can deal with their counterparts.
- Japanese translator’s work jobs are also in demand nowadays. We can consider Japanese the next best foreign language to learn for jobs in India.
However there are multiple options in the market to learn Japanese, but if you are looking to learn Japanese in a very professional and deep way then enrolling on Henry Harvins’ Japanese Language course is the best option.
5. Mandarin (普通话 / Pǔtōnghuà) Chinese
China is a rapidly growing economy and the world’s most populous country, knowing Mandarin can open up opportunities for business, trade and investment. Learning Mandarin Chinese can be considered the next best foreign language to learn in India.
Benefits of Learning Japanese
- If you want to travel to China as a tourist place and you are a person who loves to have knowledge also on the culture of the country you visit then learning Chinese is the best way. China has a rich and ancient culture and learning the language can provide a deeper understanding and appreciation of it.
- Many organizations and companies are doing business with China, and having Mandarin skills will give you an edge in the job market.
- Mandarin is spoken by over one billion people, and it will be useful for travelling to China, Taiwan, Singapore and other Chinese-speaking communities.
Learning Chinese from a good institute can impart a good foundation in this foreign language. If you are an aspirant of learning the best foreign language in India and looking for the best foreign language to learn for jobs in India then choose the Mandarin Language course by Henry Harvin.
6. Russian (русский / Rússkiy)
Certainly, the next best and most useful foreign language to learn in India is Russian. The Russian language is one of the widely spoken languages. Over 250 million people uses Russian as their language. In Russia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan it is the official language.
Benefits of Learning Russian
- Russia is a major player in international politics and business, so knowing Russian can be useful for those interested in those fields
- Russia has a rich artistic heritage, and learning Russian can provide access to Russian literature, music, and art.
- Some people may be interested in studying or working in Russia and need to know the language to do so.
- Russian is one of the six official languages of the United Nations, so knowing Russian can be beneficial for those interested in working with the UN or other international organizations.
- Russia is a major player in the global economy and political arena, and knowing Russian can open up job opportunities in fields such as international business, finance, diplomacy, and government.
Improved ability to communicate with Russian-speaking communities: Rand it’s the official language of Russia and other countries like Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
Enroll in Henry Harvin’s Russian language course to learn Russian professionally.
Portuguese can be considered the best foreign language to learn in India. In terms of population and size Portugal is a small country but Portuguese is spoken by over 220 million people worldwide. It has huge popularity across different parts of the world. It is the official language of 9 countries spread among 4 continents. So learning Portuguese is definitely the best language to learn in India.
Benefits of Learning Portuguese
- Brazil, in particular, is a major economic power and learning Portuguese can open up business and trade opportunities.
- Portugal and its former colonies have a rich cultural heritage and learning Portuguese can provide access to Portuguese literature, music, and art.
- Portuguese is a Romance language, so if you already speak Spanish, Italian or French, it will be relatively easy to learn Portuguese.
- Portugal and Brazil are popular tourist destinations, so knowing Portuguese can be beneficial for those who want to travel to those countries.
- Portuguese is also one of the official languages of the European Union and the African Union, so knowing Portuguese can be beneficial for those interested in working with these organizations.
Henry Harvin’s Portuguese language course will help you learn this language in depth and make you proficient in Portuguese. It can be considered the best foreign language to learn for jobs in India.
8. Italian (Italiano)
Italian is the best foreign language to learn in India as Italians have a big presence in India. Indeed, they have been trading with India for centuries and have also established many businesses in India. So with the increase of trade and economic ties between the two countries, learning Italian can provide an advantage in the business world.
Benefits of learning Italian
- Italy is a major player in international fashion, design, and architecture, so knowing Italian can be useful for those interested in those fields.
- Italian cuisine is famous worldwide and learning Italian can provide access to traditional Italian recipes and cooking techniques.
- Italy has a rich cultural heritage, and learning Italian can provide access to Italian literature, music, and art.
- Italian is a Romance language, so if you already speak Spanish, Portuguese or French, it will be relatively easy to learn Italian.
- Italy is a popular tourist destination, so knowing Italian can be beneficial for those who want to travel to the country.
Some people in India may have Italian ancestry and may want to learn the language to connect with their heritage.
Learning Italian may open up business opportunities in Italy and other countries where Italian is spoken as a second language.
Check out Henry Harvin’s Post Graduate Program in the Italian Language if you want to learn Italian as a professional language. They offer a 100% job guarantee also along with this course.
9. Arabic (عربى / Al-‘Arabiyyah)
Learning a new language is always fun. Arabic is the next best foreign language to learn in India. It is the official language of over 20 countries, including Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and UAE, making it one of the most widely spoken languages in the world.
Benefits of learning Arabic
- The Arab world is an essential player in international politics and business, so knowing Arabic can be useful for those interested in those fields.
- Arabic is one of the six official languages of the United Nations, so knowing Arabic can be beneficial for those interested in working with the UN or other international organizations.
- Certainly, it is a language of the Quran and is spoken by over a billion Muslims worldwide, so learning Arabic can be beneficial for those interested in studying Islam or working in the Muslim world.
- Arabic has a rich literary tradition and learning the language can provide access to Arabic literature, poetry, and classical texts.
- Learning Arabic can open up job opportunities in fields such as translation, interpreting, teaching, international relations, and business.
- With the increasing trade and economic ties between many Arab countries and India, knowing Arabic can provide an advantage in the business world.
In India, Arabic is also studied as a language of religious studies, as many Indian Muslims read the Quran in Arabic.
If you also want to learn Arabic Check out this course “Arabic Language Course” By one of the best Edtech companies Henry Harvin.
10. Korean (한국어 / Hangugeo)
There are many foreign languages one can learn but when we talk about the best foreign language to learn in India Korean has its name in the top 10. The Korean language is known for its complexity and unique features, so learning it can be a challenging but rewarding experience. As the economic ties between India and South Korea grow, knowledge of the Korean language and culture can be an asset in the business world, as well as in the fields of diplomacy and international relations.
Benefits of learning Korean
- South Korea is a major player in the global economy and a leader in technology. Hence knowing Korean can be useful for those interested in doing business or working in those fields.
- South Korea is also known for its pop culture, such as K-pop and K-dramas, which has become increasingly popular in India. Learning Korean can provide access to these cultural phenomena.
- Korea has a rich cultural heritage, and learning Korean can provide access to Korean literature, music, and art.
- Studying abroad in South Korea can be an opportunity for Indian students. Hence, knowing the language can make the experience easier and more enjoyable.
- India is also becoming an important market for Korean companies. Learning Korean can be beneficial for those interested in working in those companies.
Korean is the best foreign language to learn for jobs in India.
One can enroll in Henry Harvin’s Post Graduate Program in the Korean language.
Check out other courses offered by Henry Harvin’s Language academy
- English Speaking Course
- IELTS Preparation Course & Online Coaching
- Sanskrit Language Course | संस्कृत भाषा पाठ्यक्रम
Why one Should learn a foreign language?
There can be multiple reasons for someone to learn a foreign language in India. Ranging from fun and entertainment it can be for professional growth. A few main reasons to learn a foreign language are
1. Career advancement
Knowing a foreign language can open up new job opportunities and can make you more valuable to employers.
Being able to speak a foreign language allows you to communicate with people from different cultures. This can be valuable in both personal and professional contexts.
Knowing a foreign language can make travelling to different countries easier and more enjoyable.
4. Cultural understanding
Learning a foreign language can also help you better understand and appreciate the culture of the country.
5. Mental health benefits
Learning a new language can help improve cognitive function, boost memory and delay age-related decline.
6. Personal growth
Learning a new language is a challenging and rewarding experience that can help you develop discipline and perseverance.
How to choose the best foreign language to learn in India?
When choosing the best foreign language to learn in India, consider the following factors:
Think about why you want to learn the language. Is it for business, travel, or personal interest? Some languages, such as Mandarin and Spanish, are more useful for international business. As compared to this French and German, are more commonly spoken in tourist destinations.
2. Job prospects
Second factor at the time of choosing best foreign languages to learn in India is that consider which languages are in demand in the job market. Learning a foreign language like Mandarin or German can open up job opportunities in international companies.
3. Cultural relevance
Learning a language can give you a deeper understanding of a particular culture. This is a important factor in choosing the best foreign languages to learn in India for you.
4. Personal interest
Ultimately, the most important factor in choosing the best foreign languages to learn in India is your personal interest in the language.
Ultimately, it’s important to take all of these factors into consideration and choose a language that aligns with your goals and interests.
Everyone thinks to learn a new language and when its a foreign language it is fun to learn yet a bit difficult also. One can have many reasons, purpose to learn a foreign language. For some, it could a professional reason and for someone others, it could be for travel purposes. Whatever the reason always check out what is the best foreign language to learn in India or what is the best language to learn in India. Then choose a good institute for learning and getting the grip on the foreign language.
- Top 10 Spanish Language Courses in Mumbai with Jobs: 2023
- Best German Language Institute in Chennai with Fees and Duration
- Top 15 French Language Courses in India with Scope, Classes & Jobs
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans- There are multiple job perspectives nowadays, it depends on your profile and education also. Nowadays you can work as a translator also after learning a foreign language.
Ans- However course fee depends on the language or course, or institute you choose.
Ans- Apart from English, which is nowadays a compulsory language in India also French, German and Spanish are the top three languages you can learn. Rest it depends on your interest and profile also.
Ans- There is no guarantee for jobs outside India. It all depends on your previous qualification, and work profile. But yes, there are few courses which offer a 100% job guarantee in India.
Ans- Different courses have different duration of classes for example Spanish learning courses of 56 + hours. But one can become proficient in any language if one practices it more.
French Language Training
Henry Harvin® provides the best platform for French Language | Many multinational companies use French as their working language| We help you to acquire knowledge of this language that will help you to touch skyscrapers in your career | Gain Fluency with the Completion of A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2 Levels of French Language | Master the French Language and Ace the important French Language Exams such as DILF, DELF, DALF, DCL, & TCF
Spanish Language Training
Designed as per the DELE and SIELE Exams conducted by Instituto Cervantes | Native Speaking Trainers to help your overall Spanish Language Skills | Converse fluently with peers | Multiple Simulation Exams | 100% Practical Training
German Language Training
Henry Harvin® provides the best platform for the German Language Course | Werden Sie Spezialist für die Deutsche Sprache | One of the 10 most commonly spoken languages in the world and official language in Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland | Master the German Language Course and Ace all the important German language exams such as DSH, the TestDaF, Goethe- Institut ExaminationsExplore Popular Category
I’ve always been interested in learning a foreign language, but I wasn’t sure where to start. This list is a great resource for anyone looking to expand their language skills.
This is such a helpful list of the best foreign languages to learn in India! It’s great to have guidance on which languages will be most useful for both personal and professional growth.
I am so grateful to have discovered one of the top French language courses in Mumbai. The teachers are knowledgeable, patient, and enthusiastic, which has made the learning experience enjoyable and effective.
If you’re looking to learn a foreign language that can boost your career prospects, I recommend focusing on languages like German or French. Both languages are widely spoken in the business world and can give you an edge in competitive job markets.
India is a diverse and multicultural country, and learning a foreign language can be a great way to connect with people and cultures from around the world. While there are many foreign languages to choose from, I believe that Spanish is one of the best to learn in India. With its growing popularity and usefulness in business, travel, and entertainment, Spanish can open up a whole new world of opportunities for Indian learners.