Table of Contents
After completing the 10th std which is also called metric in general terms, students are often in a dilemma. Not to mention, stream selection is a crucial task. If you are aware, of what you want to pursue as a career, then this selection becomes easy. But many students cannot fix their career as early as in 10th. So, this blog provides information on the List of courses after 10th standard. Finally, before deciding your stream of dreams, see what is being offered by them. Also, get educated about the short courses which can be pursued after the 10th.
Main streams after the 10th Standard:
There are mainly 3 equally important streams which one can pursue. In the light of knowledge, you will be equally familiar to all of them. Moreover, each stream has its own facets. Also, we will find the List of Courses after 10th Standard in this blog. By and large, they are as follows:
List of courses after 10th Standard related to Science Stream:
When anyone thinks of the Science stream then commonly two things come to mind. Firstly Engineering and secondly Medical. Together with scientific theories and practical concepts, it provides immense knowledge of various minute concepts. It gives overall analytical knowledge to understand various concepts. Due to the lack of knowledge, many students do not know about the various courses. All in all, the other branches related to this field are Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Mechatronics, and many more. Along with these, traditional ones like Medicine, Engineering, Pharmaceuticals, Computer Science, and Forensic Science are also prevalent among the students. In this blog, you will get to know about the list of courses after 10th standard in brief.
What are the advantages of Science after the 10th Standard?
This question keeps coming to everyone’s mind in the first place. While choosing a stream, it is better to know its scope as well as advantages.
- While pursuing this field, you will get familiar with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- Also, you will be more informed about the natural phenomenon happening in nature.
- Likewise, it creates practical learning within the students.
- If you want to go for Research and Development, then this field is for you.
- It leads you to two doors: Medical as well as non-medical fields.
Medical and Non-Medical Fields:
These are the two substreams in the Science field on the whole. Non-medical as well as Medical field. Not to mention, in the medical field, you will have subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB). However, for the non-medical fields, you will get Mathematics instead of biology. Further, we will read in detail the list of courses after 10th standard, for both fields.
Diploma in Engineering :
If you are sure to go for a technical field and do not want to wait for a deep dive into it, then a diploma in Engineering is best for you. Also, you can go for it just after the 10th Standard. If you want to skip exams like JEE Mains and JEE Advanced then definitely you should go for Diploma. Additionally, after pursuing this course you can likely go for a job or you can go for a graduate course in Engineering. Eventually, after pursuing a diploma, you get direct admission in the 2nd year of Engineering. Moreover, decent jobs are available even after a diploma.
Following is the list of courses after 10th standard for a Diploma in Engineering:
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering (DETCE)
- Ceramic Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME)
- Environmental Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Information Science
- Textile Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (DCE)
- Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (DEE)
- Mining Engineering
- Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronic Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Technical writing
Also, read the Technical writing Course at Henry Harvin Institute.
If you want to head for technical as well as Non-Technical experience in different fields then pursue an ITI course. As can be seen there is a variety in them. The list of courses after 10th Standard for ITI is given below in brief.
- Foundry Man
- Pattern Maker
- Mason Building Constructor
- Radiology Technician
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant
- Sewing Technology
- Data Entry Operator
- Secretarial Practice
- Digital Photographer
- Stenography English
- Data Preparation and Computer Software.
- Forger and heat treater
- Fashion Design & Technology
- Health Sanitary Inspector
- Dental Laboratory Technician
- Sheet Metal General
- Health and Skin Care
- Draughtsman Civil
- Draughtsman Mechanical
Similarly to enhance your knowledge after the 10th or to give add on to your degree courses you can also pursue these courses.
- Diploma in Social Media Management
- VFX and Animation
- Certificate in Social Media Management
- App development and Design Course
- CyberSecurity Courses
- Diploma in Hardware Maintenance
- Hardware and Networking
- Certificate Course in Search Engine Marketing
- Data entry operator Course
- Computer Technician Diploma
- Certificate Programme in M.S. Office
- Certificate in Search Engine Optimisation
- Graphic/Web Designing Certification Course
- Certificate Course in Programming Language
- Multimedia Development
- 2D Animation
- 3D creative design
Initially, the medical field is very vast. Also, all the courses in this field are uniquely designed. Eventually, a lot of courses are available after the 12th standard. But still, there is a lot of scope for courses after the 10th standard also. In order to understand them better, a list of courses after 10th standard is provided. Medical aspirants are experiencing high demand for paramedical professionals because the technology is growing fast. Also, they can work as trained officials in emergency departments. Moreover, they can provide their services in disaster response, air medical training and poison and drug overdose treatments where they are required in a helicopter or a plane.
List of courses after 10th standard in the Medical field:
- X-Ray/Radiology Assistant (technician)
- MRI Technician
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Dialysis Technician
- Operation Theater Assistant
- CT scan Technician
- Nursing care Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- ECG assistant
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- Operation theatre technician (OTT)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- Medical Writing
Diploma courses provide a lot of opportunities in both the public as well as private sectors in the field of healthcare. The salary is also decent after these courses. So, let’s have a look at them.
- Diploma in hearing language and speech
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology as a Diploma course
- Diploma in X-Ray Technology
- Diploma in Ophthalmic technology
- The diploma in ECG technology
- Diploma in physiotherapy
- Diploma in Radiography and Medical Imaging
- Anaesthesia technology as a diploma course
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology
- Nursing Care Assistance as a Diploma course
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology
- Diploma in Sanitary Inspection
Also, there are many institutes which provide Certification courses in Science Stream. They are as follows in order to your reference.
- Henry Harvin
- AIIMS, Delhi
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Council of Paramedical Science, Pune
List of courses after 10th Standard related to Arts Stream:
If you have an artist in you, who does not want to study tough subjects like science as well as accounts in commerce. If you want to view this world in a creative way, then the arts stream is definitely for you. Pursue this stream on the whole and be the creative person you always wanted to be. It includes Social Science, humanities, literary arts, fine arts and performing arts for the most part.
Who should choose Arts Stream?
Generally, streams are selected according to personal interests. Comparatively, many students who want to prepare for civil services can apply for the arts stream as well. If you want to see yourself creative or a government officer in future, then definitely go for the arts stream. It provides various opportunities for jobs in the long run. To say in a word, it has broader scope for higher education. So, to walk on the path of an attractive career, choose your stream wisely.
- Diploma in fine arts
- Travel and tourism Diploma
- Diploma in Journalism
- Music Diploma
- Diploma in Dance
- Communication Design Diploma
- Diploma in 3D animation
- Certificate in Hindi
- Diploma in Graphic Designing
- Physical Education Diploma
- Diploma in Video shooting
- Certification Course in Visual arts
- Diploma in Painting
- Certificate course in spoken English
- Diploma in Commercial Art
- Photography Diploma
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Social Media Management
- Certificate course in functional English
- Diploma in Printing and Publishing
- Graphic Designing
- Diploma in Cosmetology
- Hairdresser and beautician courses
- Diploma in Fire safety
The institutes which provide knowledge of this stream are:
- Henry Harvin
- Banaras Hindu University
- Delhi College of Art
- Viswa Bharati University
List of courses after 10th Standard related to Commerce Stream
If you are interested in being a C.A., M.B.A. professional, or you want to pursue a career in business, economics, marketing, and statistics, then, go for the commerce field. Moreover, Commerce is all about the supply and demand of the market. There are some compulsory subjects as well as other subjects that are elective.
What is the advantage of the Commerce Stream after the 10th?
While selecting a subject, apart from liking it, take other factors into consideration such as selecting the commerce stream after the 10th. In short, according to your future perspectives, looking at the pros and cons of the field, select the stream. Moreover, Commerce is a flexible stream with a great number of subjects. Along with UG and PG courses, they also provide diploma courses after the 10th standard. Also, it teaches how business and management theories are applicable in the real world. It teaches financial literacy as well as business skills. Finally, after completing these courses, one can get high-salary jobs in the corporate sector. Accountancy, Economics and Business studies are equally important subjects of the commerce field. Below are some courses in essence of the Commerce field.
- BA Economics
- LLB (5 years)
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- BCom Honours
- Company Secretary (CS)
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- CMA (Cost & Management Accountant)
Who should choose the commerce field?
Students who find it interesting to play with numbers easily and also find it interesting can choose this field. Eventually, those students who are keen to shape their career in financial economics and business should go for Commerce. In addition, Chartered Accountancy or CA and Company Secretary CS is other interesting career option for commerce students along with investment banking and financial advisors.
The commerce stream can be pursued in two ways:
- Firstly there are Commerce courses with maths
- Secondly there are Commerce Courses without maths
List of courses after 10th standard for Commerce with Maths
- BBM Course
- BBA MBA Integrated Course
- BA Mathematics
- BBA LLB
- BCom Honours
- BA in Statistics
- BSc Economics
- BSc Statistics
- BA Economics
- BCom LLB BBA General
- BBA with several Specialisations
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
- Diploma in Accounting and Taxation
Also, read about Accounting and Taxation Courses provided by Henry Harvin Institute.
Commerce Courses after 10th Without Maths
You can follow these courses in the light of commerce stream after the 10th without maths.
- BCom Programme
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- BHM in Culinary Arts
- Billing Clerk
- Financial Advisors
- Chief Financial Officer
- Bookkeeping Clerk
- Tax Accountant
- Bachelor in Hotel Management
- BA Culinary Arts
- BA LLB
- BSc Hotel Management
- BA English Literature
- Bachelor of Catering Technology
- Product management Course
Complicated Professional Courses after Commerce Stream
In the first place, there are a bunch of professional certifications which can be followed after the commerce stream. Just have a look at such professional certification courses in brief.
- CMA (Cost & Management Accountant)
- CA Course
- CS Course
- CFA Course (Chartered Financial Analyst)
Fun and Creative Courses after Commerce Stream
If you pursue Commerce, then you can also make way for a course in its related fields. Also, pave the way for various other creative fields as well. Choose the commerce stream after the 10th Standard as well as have the platform for a shining future.
- Certificate in Animation
- News Analyst
- Diploma in Commercial Practise
- Diploma in Stenography
- Diploma in 3D Animation
- BBA in Fashion Designing.
- Certification in Mobile Repairing course
The institutes which provide these Courses are:
- Henry Harvin
- Hindu College, Delhi
- MIT World Peace University
- Loyola College, Chennai
Other Vocational List of Courses after 10th Standard:
Apart from Arts, Commerce and Science stream, there are other courses altogether. Moreover, they can be performed after the 10th standard or at any phase of life. Additionally, they can be pursued if you want something in your career. Also, they can be done simply to add grace to your life. Such a list of courses after 10th standard in brief is given below.
- Safety Engineer
- Environment Safety Manager
- Diploma in Retail Manager
- Abacus trainer
- Content writer
- Creative writer
- Sports Manager
- Transportation Safety Supervisor
- Industrial Hygiene Manager
- Video Jockey
- Radio Jockey
- Broadcast Reporter
- Certificate Course in Functional/Spoken English
Also, read in detail about Content Writing Course from Henry Harvin Institute.
Some courses in Health and Fitness equally important to life:
- To begin with there is a Yoga Aerobic Instructor course.
- Secondly there is Yoga Therapist Course.
- Thirdly you can be a Coach.
- Then, you can be a Yoga Trainer.
- There is also a Yoga Instructor Course.
- In like manner there is Fitness Instructor Course.
- Also, you can be a Health Educator.
- Finally, you can go for a Physical Therapist Course.
List of Courses after 10th Standard in Hotel Management and Tourism:
- Tourism Manager
- Travel Executive
- Certificate in Beverage and Food Production
- Travel Consultant
- Craft course in Food Production
- Travel/ Holiday Agent
- Certificate in Housekeeping
- Tour Operator
- Certificate in Bakery & Confectionary
- Transport Officer
- Certificate in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Travel Coordinator/ Officer
- Travel Writer
- Agricultural engineering
- Hybrid seed production
- Organic farming
- Food processing
- Seed technology
- Agro products processing
- Animal husbandry
- Post-harvest technology
- Poultry farming
- Agriculture consultant
List of Courses after 10th standard in Indian Armed Forces:
- Firstly there is Indian Army Agniveer Rally course.
This selection is done for Indian Army, Navy, as well as Air Force. Salaries are also high for these candidates. Furthermore, they are selected for a definite amount of time.
- Secondly there is Soldier Tradesman.
The main roles of a soldier tradesman are:
- Support Staff (ER)
- House Keeper
- Mess Keeper
- Syce (The person who looks after the horses)
- Artisan (WW)
How to choose a proper course for yourself?
- Initially, take a self-analysis and then decide which subject interests you the most.
- Then secondly, from various courses in the same stream, choose wisely according to your interest.
- Thirdly, take help from your friends, family or teachers for better enlightenment.
- Then compare various institutes to find which one of them provides the better courses.
- Furthermore, compare fees and duration of the course.
- Also, study the future scope and salary scope for that course.
- Lastly, choose according to your needs, research and interests.
In this vast educational world, there are ample amount of courses coupled with every stream. Moreover, there is a variety of courses in their substreams also. So, if you have clear goals for your future, then it is easy to choose from these courses. Otherwise, one can go through this blog to understand deeply about these streams and then choose from the long list of courses after 10th standard. Also, you can choose from extra-curricular courses like an add-on to your meal at any stage of life. So, just scroll and choose your genre.
- Top 10 Emergency Medical Technician Courses in India
- Best Accounting Courses in Dubai
- How to Get Motivated to Write; 18 Writing Tips for You
- Top 8 French Language Courses in Mumbai
- Top 15 Medical Writing Courses Online in 2023
Ans. It is a form of creative activity which is performed in front of people in form of drama, music, coupled with dance.
Ans. Initially, these courses prepare candidates for jobs that are based on manual or practical activities. Also, these activities are traditionally non-academic or maybe they are related to a specific trade, occupation or vocation. Hence they are termed Vocational Courses.
Ans. As the economy of India is growing, the scope of this industry is also growing. People are travelling a lot, far more than before. This has led to the broader coverage of this field in the world.
Ans. The answer to this question purely depends on the candidate. These fields have their own benefits and losses. But if the pursuer is leaning towards technical knowledge then he should go for Engineering. Otherwise, go for the medical field.
Ans. Yes, they can help you a lot to boost your career. In fact, if you are good at multi languages then you can work in Indian Embassy, where the pay is high. Also, there are many such jobs where multi languages are preferred. Sanskrit, Russian, French, German and English are famous languages.