Table of Contents
The city of Chennai has emerged as “India’s health capital” due to its low cost and locally available talent.
There is very little waiting time even in the best of best multi-specialty hospitals. They have excellent infrastructure across the cities.
Chennai attracts around 45% of the health tourists from other countries and 30% to 40% of domestic health tourists.
This created opportunities for medical coders leading to medical coding courses in Chennai.
Why we should learn medical coding?
- There is a high demand for medical coders in India, UAE, Philippines, Canada, and various other countries
- International brands like Amazon, Google, JP Morgan, and other companies are looking for medical coders
- You can get hired as a freelancer as well as a full-time professional after being certified through the medical code training Institute
- A medical coder earns 30% higher than a non-certified coder.
Who can join the medical coding training?
If you have completed the senior secondary school examination in the science stream or equivalent to a 10+2 board exam, you can join the course.
Apart from that, science graduate students who are interested in the medical field can apply for this course.
Top 10 Medical coding courses in Chennai
1. HENRY HARVIN – Best Medical Coding Course in Chennai
- Henry Harvin is among the top 5 fastest growing Ed Tech start-ups in India
- Affiliated with American Association of EFL, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, MSME, UKAF, UKCert, Project Management Institute (PMI), an ISO certified provides their services online as well as offline
- They were recognized as the best corporate training platform during the recent Entrepreneur Education Innovation Awards.
- Medical coding training program is conducted by certified and experienced Subject Matter Experts
- Were invited for 150+keynote classes for a medical coding course
- Delivered 350+lectures and are recognized as domain experts with Henry Harvin writing Academy
- It is a 9 in one course where you complete the training, followed by live projects, internships, certification, Placements, E-learning, Boot camps, Hackathons, and gold membership
- The money-back guarantee that Henry Harvin promises, is a mirror image of their subject knowledge and confidence in the overall program
What do you learn from the medical coding training course with Henry Harvin?
- The course covers all the major aspects like CPT, IDC, and amp, HCPCS to help candidates score well during the final certification
- They Gain knowledge about medical terminologies, common medical abbreviations, symbols, and Plural words
- The course covers every aspect of Medical Coding, Terminology, Anatomy, diseases, procedures, diagnostic tools, tests, treatments, Master in important aspects such as ICD-10-CM (International Classification of diseases 10th Revision clinical modification), CPT (Current procedural terminology), and HCPCS (Healthcare common procedural Coding system)
Key features of learning medical coding training course with Henry Harvin:
- Obtain extensive knowledge of V-codes, E-codes, and ICD-10-CM coding Practicum
- Importance of documentation in medical records and its confidentiality
- Henry Harvin is ranked no.1 among the top 10 Medical Coding Course in Chennai, as it guarantees Internships followed by 100% placements.
- 1 year of gold membership for a medical coding course & Flexible schedules help even the working professionals to add a feather in their cap.
- E-Learning access to all the required tools, video content, different techniques
Details of Medical Coding Courses by Henry Harvin
- Henry Harvin has strategically constructed 26 different course modules for their Medical Coding Courses.
- However, the overall duration of the course is 90 hours here.
- Lastly, the fee for Medical Coding Courses in Henry Harvin is INR 44,500/- only.
Henry Harvin Medical Coding Course Fees Structure:-
Henry Harvin® Medical Coding Course Ranks #1 in India by The Economic Times, News18
Indian Cities Henry Harvin provides Medical Coding Courses physically
Other Courses Provided by Henry Harvin:
- Medical Writing Course
- Emergency Medical Technician Course
- Operation Theatre Technician Course
- Medical Laboratory Technician Course
Check Henry Harvin Student Reviews :
It’s was an wonderful place to learning more thinks and guidance also very well,my tutor Sweta Swarnakar teaching easily learn everyday,and enjoyed studying with this Henry Harvin portal.
This is my first training program in Henry Harvins and my experience till now has been great. My trainer Amrish Sharma explains the concept with utmost clarity and live examples. He Clarifies every student’s quire and makes the concept understandable. Thank you
2. Achievers spot: Medical Coding Institute in Chennai
- Achievers spot, located in Chennai is an ISO certified academy with more than 10 years of experience in the medical coding industry
- They have strong links with various health insurance companies which will help you in providing a great career
- Highly experienced and CP certified trainers conduct the medical coding course in Chennai
- Training methodology and placement process is in line with ISO 9001:2015 certification standards
- Training is completely focused on – “On Job Training” and Placements
- Once you complete the medical coding training with Achievers spot, you will be easily placed in any MNC’s across the country
What do you learn with Achievers Spot?
- Online and offline program designed for medical coding course in Chennai with Achievers Spot, focuses on Anatomy, Physiology, and Medical Terminology
- Train you on how to read and review the medical records and convert the diagnosis and procedures using ICD10 CM, CPT, and HCPCS code books
- Achievers Spot helps you to get exposure to the latest medical technologies, new diseases, and various disorders related to the human body
- They have CMC training, advanced certification in medical coding, online advanced certification in medical coding, and CPC Certification Exam training.
Medical coding duration and fee with Achievers Spot
- CMC freshers’ program is for 66 hrs with 3 hrs per day divided into 22 classes
- Weekdays from Monday to Thursday, either it is 10 AM – 1 PM or 4 PM to 7 PM depending on your convenience
- Weekend classes- Sunday 6 hrs from 10 AM to 5 PM
- Similarly advanced medical coding program is for 108hrs with 3hrs per day spread across 36 classes.
- Online training classes are designed for 150hrs with 24/7 access to the training material which can be completed in 2 months and extended till 8 months based on your convenience
Eligibility criteria to join the medical coding course with Achievers Spot?
- Medical, Paramedical, or life science graduates and postgraduates, Physiotherapists, Nursing, Microbiology students, Bio-Medical graduates, Endocrinologists, Nutrition and Dietitians, etc. Can enroll in this program and complete the certification
- For Online classes, you need to have a laptop or a desktop
Medical coding fresher jobs with Achievers Spot:
Freshers who complete 80 to 120 hrs of the medical coding training program are issued a “Freshers Coding certificate” which helps during placements in MNC’s
For the fee details, you need to check with them individually Contact details are given below:
Email id: [email protected]
Address- Old No:13, New NO:6/1,RamanaTEMPthan Street, T.Nagar, Adjacent to RanganaTEMPthan Street,Chennai 600 017.
Location: Ramanathan Street, T-Nagar, Chennai
3. Focus Healthcare : Medical Coding Training in Chennai
Contact number: 9150851067
Why Focus Healthcare?
- Focus healthcare was founded in Chennai in 2015 and have grown over 3 branches across the country
- “Out of the box” thinking and innovation are the key focus areas which help them to climb up the ladder
- They have 8+medical coding courses in Chennai like CPC certification for freshers, CPMA, CPCF, BMCT, Speciality training, etc
- Their main focus would be to bring out the best in you by helping you to excel in their professional skills
- They also have self-study material and training classes with a 50% higher passing rate than the rest of the medical coding courses in Chennai
Topics covered during the medical coding training with Focus Healthcare:
- Complete details Surgery, Anesthesia, Radiology, Pathology, Medicine along with E&M (Evaluation and management) are covered during the training program
- ICD-10 CM Coding guidelines+
- HCPCS coding guidelines
- Compliance Regulatory
- Physiology and medical terminology
- Medical billing
Preparation for the final certification:
Focus Healthcare provides free study material, 7-Mock assessments with an in-depth review on each mock assessment.
A Mock center for exam practice which will give you the real feel of the AAPC exam, Pre-exam review to help you revise the concepts, and increase confidence along with various shortcuts to crack the exam in an effective way
Medical coding course duration and fee with Focus Healthcare?
- Total course will be for 25 days with 4 hrs of classes during the weekdays or 50 days with 2hrs of weekend classes
- For the fee, you need to personally reach out to them. Below are the contact details:
Contact number: 9150851067
Email id: [email protected]
Address- OMR road, 1st floor, Thoraipakkam, Chennai
4. I Skills Solutions : Medical Coding Classes in Chennai
Reasons for you to add I Skills Solutions into your list for medical coding course in Chennai
- I Skills Solutions is an ISO 9001:2015 certified organization
- They focus on interactive, easily understandable, and practical coaching
- They provide corporate training, medical coding basics, and advanced courses, medical billing, CPC, Certified outpatient coder (COC), Certified inpatient coder (CPI), Certified Risk Adjustment Coder, Certified Emergency department coder, Certified professional biller (CPB), and Certified coding specialist (CCS) courses
- This is one of the Job oriented Training and Placement Institute in Chennai
- As medical coding fresher jobs are in high demand, they provide complete assistance to the freshers in Resume writing, interview skills, etc
Learning from the basic and advanced medical coding training program:
- Learn how to convert diagnosis and procedures available in the medical records into standardized codes using ICD 9 CM, CPT, and HCPCS code books for reimbursement
- Medical terminology, Anatomy, Patho physiology, ICD-10 CM orientation, CPT, and medical billing orientation
- While in online basic medical coding training, you will get to learn the terminology used in medical coding and how it applies in the clinical setting
- In the advanced medical coding training, you will learn Root, prefix, suffix, combining forms, Pathology, lab test, procedures, medical billing, and medical billing forms
Eligibility criteria to join the medical coding course with I Skills Solutions?
- For all the online training programs, you need high-speed internet access with computer operating systems, Abode flash player, Abode acrobat reader, PowerPoint Viewer, Zoom app, Google meet, and Skype
- Medical, Paramedical, and Engineering graduates can apply for the course
Medical coding duration and fee with I Skills Solutions:
For Weekday classroom training, the overall duration is 1 month with 2 hrs of daily classes while it is 3 months for weekend classes with 2hrs on Saturday and Sunday covering the basic medical coding.
For the fee details, you need to reach out to them individually as there is an online test that would be conducted. Based on the test results, your fee details will be communicated.
Contact number: 9840021298
Email id: [email protected]
Address: Lakshmi Narayanan Street, Ramakrishna Puram, West Mambalam, Chennai
Location- West Mambalam, Chennai
5. A Square : Medical Coding Academy in Jaipur
Contact number: +91 9884208722
About A Square healthcare solution before enrolling for medical coding course in Chennai
- It’s a renowned and recognized place for the medical coding courses in Chennai
- Highly experienced and certified trainers deliver the medical coding training
- The course is completely focused on 100% job orientation Continuous assessments and high-quality training help you to clear the examinations conducted by AAPC and AHIMA
- A Square will issue a course completion certificate that is valid across the country in all the top MNC’s offering a good medical coding salary
- 100% placement assistance will be provided in the top MNC’s across Chennai city
Medical coding certification program with A Square consist of the following subjects:
- Basic Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Terminology, Pathology, and laboratory tests, Introduction to RMC, ICD 10 CM, CPT HCPCS courses are conducted by CPC certified trainers followed by real-life working experience in the medical coding industry
- Regular assessments and multiple mock tests prepare you for the CPC examination
- Soft skills training is the additional coaching that gives you the confidence to face the interview
Medical coding duration and fee with A Square:
With high importance to medical coding fresher jobs, they have come up with a separate batch for freshers followed by weekend and weekdays from Monday to Friday
Usually, the course duration varies between 2 to 3 months.
As the fee details are not disclosed, it is advised to reach out to them individually.
Contact number: +91 9884208722/+91 8778534070
Email id: [email protected]
Location: Old Mahabalipuram Road, Perungudi, Chennai
With 17 years of experience in health care services, TechSkills provide the best-in-class coaching for medical coding course in Chennai.
They believe in delivering better and best concepts with the highly talented faculty, following AAPC (American Association of professional coders) and AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association) guidelines
Medical coding courses at TechSkills:
- Different medical coding courses like basic and advanced level coding, medical transcription, Certified Professional coder and Soft-skills and personality development
- HR services across all their branches in India
- Seminars are conducted through industry experts to understand the basic concepts of learning.
- Their online training program with flexible timing helps working professionals and fresher to join the course according to their convenience
- Practical training conducted by them help you to gain real-world experience
What do you learn from the Certified Profession coder course from TechSkills academy?
- The preparatory certification course covers, Introduction about ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS systems with complete structure
- Medical Anatomy and Terminology, develop through knowledge on how to generate reports and understand the exact code to prepare the final diagnosis solutions
- Complete coding so that you do not generate any bugs while generating the final report through medical coding
- They offer the best placement and assistance services and position you in your dream destinations
- Keeping in mind the demand for medical coding fresher jobs, they provide exclusive training on soft skills and interview skills to all the candidates
Medical coding duration and fee with TechSkills academy:
You need to reach out to TechSkills for fee details personally
Email id: [email protected]
Location: Anna Nagar, Chennai
Website – https://techskills.org/
Some of the key features of Zimedcode:
- Zimedcode is an expert in providing online advance medical coding.
- Their services are completely focused on medical coding and develop in-depth knowledge in this area
- You will also receive a certificate of completion after the successful passing of the course which is valid to obtain a medical coder position in any Healthcare Industry
With no per-requisites they impart complete knowledge and help in assisting placements, however, Life science graduates can complete the course easily
Syllabus covered with Zimedcode
- Medical Terminology covering Roots, Prefixes, Suffixes, combining forms, Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures of the Integumentary system, Digestive system, Respiratory system, Cardiovascular system, Urinary system, Male reproductive system, Nervous system, sense organs, Endocrine system, Blood Lymphatic system
- Diagnosis Coding Training on Basics guidelines of ICD-10-CM
- Procedure coding training on CPT, HCPCS, Modifiers, NCCI, and LCD policies
- Both basic and advanced programs have 7 mock tests added to the syllabus
Medical coding duration and fee with Zimedcode:
- Medical coding course for freshers is 35 days with 2 hrs every day from Monday to Friday and 3 months program with 4hrs of on Saturday’s for working professionals
- They also have online classes with flexible timings
- Advance medical coding course is for 3 months during the weekdays
- Total course fee varies between rs.10000 to rs.12000 depending on the course and the timings you choose
Address- 11/417, Perumbakkam Main Road, Medavakkam, Chennai – 600 100
Landmark : Opposite to Shri Ramanas Hotel
Location – Medavakkam, Chennai
Contact No – 9944 444 564
Email id – [email protected]
Website – https://www.zimedcode.com/
8. Miit Global services
Key features of Miit Global services:
- It is an ISO-certified medical coding course in Chennai
- They have both online and direct medical coding programs
- MIIT’s main focus is to improve the core competencies, productivity, and performance of any individual
Medical coding courses at MIIT Global Services
- Other than CPC (Certified Professional Coder), they offer different programs in medical coding like ICD codes (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases), CPT codes (five-character alphanumeric codes), DRG codes (Diagnosis-related grouping code)
- Post the completion of the medical coding course, they provide completion certification
- With constant assistance on placement, you can see yourself in your dream company after the completion of the course
Course Curriculum and knowledge transfer at Miit Global services
- You will learn the principles of medical coding related to the three main books: CPT, ICD-10-CM code set, and HCPCS level-II
- Clear understanding and application of official ICD-10-CM coding guidelines
- How to apply coding conventions when assigning diagnosis and procedure codes
- Identify the information in the appendices of the CPT codebook
- Detailed knowledge of Pathology and Laboratory, Anesthesia, Radiology, Female reproductive system, Maternity care and Delivery, Digestive system, Cardiovascular system, Evaluation, and Management Services
- Practical experience with operative reports and evaluation
- Exclusive refresher to prepare you for the final certification exam
Medical coding duration and fee
Duration- 9 months
For a fee, you need to contact them at the below-given contact details.
Contact number:9600085521 or 9500071195
Email id: [email protected]
Address: Olympia technology park, Guindy, Chennai
9. Million Medical Coding Services –
Contact Number – 089254 11725
Million Medical coding services offer the following programs:
- Advanced medical coding training for freshers as well as for Biotechnology, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, and Biochemistry graduates
- They have assured job placements not only in Chennai, but also in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Vellore, Trichy, Tirunelveli, and Salem where they offer reasonable medical coding salary
- With multiple mock sessions, real-world medical cases, and charts, they prepare you for the best
- Free communication and skill development classes help develop confidence
Eligibility criteria with Million Medical Coding services:
- If you are from Medical/Paramedical/Life science/Allied Health Sciences, you can register your application for the course
- You need to have strong knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology
- If you are fresher to medical coding, then you can enroll only if you are equal to or less than 30 years of age
- Along with basic computer skills, you also need to have good communication and interpersonal skills
Medical coding duration and fee with Million:
The total cost of medical coding course stands at Rs.8000 which includes registration, materials, training, certification, and placements.
The duration of the program will differ based on the batch you choose and it is dynamic.
Address-No:79, VV Koil Street, Thiruvaleeswara Nagar, Anna Nagar West,Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600040
Location -Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Contact No – 089254 11725
10. Excel Youth Training Academy
Excel youth training academy in Chennai has an exclusive program called Mastery of Medical Coding training for freshers. This program focuses mainly on freshers keeping in mind the medical coding fresher jobs.
- Any graduate or Life science graduate can enroll themselves in this program
- They provide study material which includes medical coding and billing in Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology,
- Medical coding and billing assessment books, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS books, PPTs, videos, and books
- They also provide complimentary training programs like Resume preparation, soft skills training, and Mock interviews for freshers which boosts our confidence while appearing for the interview
- Their one-on-one sessions for doubt clarifications help you to clarify all your doubts from time to time
Syllabus and learning from the medical coding training course for freshers with Excel Youth training academy
- Overview of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM)
- Introduction to medical terminologies
- Fundamentals of Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology
- introduction to coding manuals like ICD, CPT, & HCPCS
Medical coding duration and fee
The program will be for 66 hrs with 3 hrs of bonus, along with 100% job assistance
Fee details will be provided directly by the academy and hence request you to reach out to them in the below-given details
Contact number:9884747619 or 9884747649
Email id: [email protected]
Address: JB towers, Kumaran colony main road, Vadapalani, Chennai
Location: Vadapalani, Chennai
11. Medos –
Contact Number – 097760 40400
Medos Healthcare Solution is the best and most well-known institute for Medical coding courses in Chennai. It has a wide range of medical billing and coding courses that cover everything you need to know for CPC certification.
The layouts keep codes, regulations, procedures, and clinical terminology for a long time so that you can get accurate information.
Medesun’s expert preparation for clinical coding does not take a set amount of time. You can do this Medical coding course online and work at your own pace to get your CPC certification. You will receive special consideration. In this course, your teacher will use a coordinated approach to help you focus like a laser on the experience. The curriculum is made to fit both your business and personal needs.
Get the certification that you want. You can study for the clinical charting and coding exam online and take the CPC, CCS, or CCS-P exam.
Address- 63 (Regional Medicos), Sahid Nagar, Bhubaneswar-751007
Contact No -+91-9776040400
Email ID [email protected]
Contact No:- 0484 402 0640
If you are starting from scratch, take medical coding course in Chennai at the Cigma Medical Coding Academy. They have innovative teaching methods to educate the learners so that they have a strong foundation in the field. They guide the candidates to get jobs and advance their careers in the fastest-growing medical services fields.
This institution emphasizes medical care programs and gives the best start with great study halls and lab facilities.
All the information they offer is meant to help and interest students by focusing on their careers and futures. The selective educational plan provides both online and offline sessions. Moreover, educators are trained and help to prepare for the exam.
Address- 3rd Floor, Pallipadam Highlights, Palarivattom – Edappally Rd, opposite St George Church, Edappally, Kochi, Kerala 682024
Course fees : INR 45000
Website link- https://www.cigmahealthcare.in/
13. Odyssey Informatics –
Contact Number- +91-7303310930
In 2000, Odyssey Informatics began its medical transcription production unit. This institution focus on offering Medical coding course in Chennai (both online and in person), Certified Professional Coder Training, and Medical billing training. Classroom training is arranged every Saturday and Sunday for three hours by certified trainers by the CPC.
Odyssey Informatics has a placement cell just for its students and tie-ups with top companies all over India, the United Arab Emirates, the United States, and Canada.
Address- 91 Springboard, Block -C2, Sector 1, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301
Location- Uttar Pradesh
Course fees : INR 40000 for four months of training
Website Link- https://www.odysseymt.com/
14. Medesun Healthcare Solutions –
Contact No:- +91 9849974074
Medesun Healthcare offers online medical coding courses in Chennai. They have Medical coding courses for students and professionals from basic to advanced levels.
After completing online training, the students can take a final AAPC or AHIMA test. The course is designed to prepare students to pass the test on the first attempt. Their goal is to provide quality education and training that is also affordable. The main objective of this institution is to train aspirants to deal with the problems that come up in the healthcare industry.
Address- INDIA-# 101 and 101A, 6-3-801,Delta chambers, Ameerpet, Hyderabad-500016.
Course Duration- 2 months
Course Fee- 35000 INR
Website link – https://www.medesunglobal.com/
15. Nexax –
Contact No:- 8500 25 67 25
Nexax has the best medical coding course in Chennai. They offer ten certification courses for specialization. Moreover, Nexax has flexible schedules and self-paced training courses, which you can complete on time.
Along with the course package, they deliver free study materials.
Address- MIG-143, Rd Number 1, Kphb 4 phase, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072
Course Duration- Online Training
Course Fee- 6000/- for training and 12000/-
Website link – https://nexax.in/
Medical coding jobs for freshers and Salary details
Medical coding salary starts from Rs.17,500 – Rs.23,500 per month, a CPC-certified coder with experience earns around Rs.1 lac per month.
There are 30000 vacancies across the various job portals like Naukri, Indeed, and other job portals which clearly indicates that medical coding fresher jobs are in high demand.
This article will provide complete info about the top 10 medical coding course training programs in Chennai, Medical coding fresher jobs, and experienced candidates or people who want to restart their careers.
Medical coding certification process:
The most recognized certification which increases the job opportunities in the medical industry is called the Certified Professional coder exam. This is conducted by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
The exam covers 24 different areas like medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, diseases and diagnostic codes, coding guidelines, and specific medical coding.
It is an open book question paper consisting of 150 multiple choice questions which have to be answered within a time limit of 5 hrs 40mints.
To pass the exam, you need to answer at least 70% of the questions correctly to get certified.
Post Covid-19, we see a major demand for medical coding courses. The growth rate expected is 15% pa for the next couple of years.
These courses can be done by freshers and people who would like to pursue their careers in this Industry.
- Top 15 Medical Coding Courses in India with Eligibility, Fees, Jobs & Salary
- Medical Coding Course Details – after 12th, Eligibility, Syllabus & Fees
- Top 30 Medical Coding Interview Questions and answers
- Top 12 Medical Coding Courses in Pune
- Top 10 Medical Coding Courses in Hyderabad
- Top 15 Medical Coding Courses In Bangalore With Eligibility And Scope
- Top Medical Coding Training Courses in Chennai with Salary and Jobs for Freshers
Q1. What are the 3 main types of medical coding?
Ans: The 3 types of coding that medical coders use are ICD (International Classification of Diseases), CPT (Current Procedure Terminology codes), and HCPCS (Healthcare common procedure coding system)
Q2. What are the top 2 medical coding interview questions?
Ans: Why did you choose medical coding? What is the reason for you to apply for our company?
Q3. What are the basic rules of coding in the health care industry?
Ans: Safety, Security, Reliability, Testability, and Maintainable information
Q4. I am a B tech graduate. Can I enroll for medical coding certification?
Ans: Life sciences background is important to get certified, if you are still interested, joining the course to gain knowledge is always.