In simple words, research writing gathers information from several places on a certain topic and brings that in place using a technique. If writing is your passion, research is already an ability you have naturally, but do you have an approach to use that ability in the right way. The most essential part of research writing is that the answer remains the same regardless of the part ‘who your audience is’.
The research writing course provides the necessary skills to grow as a research writer. It helps students develop critical thinking and analyzing methods, where and how to search for relevant data, and how to investigate data, etc.
Here are the 10 best Institutes that provide Research Writing Courses Online:
1. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin research course offers you one of the most popular and most in-depth courses. It trains you to become a successful award-winning research writer. The Certified Research Writing (CRW) Course helps bring out the professional and polished researcher inside you. It has been appraised for bringing in the experienced trainer and the teaching methods. Research writing course is completely online and requires no effort to go out of your comfort zone in these tough times. The students have reviewed and rated the research writing course online as 4.8/5.
Key Features of the Research Writing Course:
- Henry Harvin has been ranked one of the best Research Writing Course online in India. It concentrates on imparting the best relevant knowledge to the students by carefully investing its resources and time.
- Henry Harvin is affiliated with the American Association of EFL, UK CERT, UKAF, MSME, and Govt. of India which will be the endorser after the successful completion of the research writing course online.
- Henry Harvin Education gives a 100% money-back guarantee on research writing courses if students are not satisfied after the first session.
- The institution provides 100% practical research training for hands-on experience with projects. The research writing course is based on GCAO Pedagogy.
- Henry Harvin is a trusted brand for leading corporates and colleges, such as Abbott Pharma, Avon cosmetics, Hostbooks, NTPC, SAB Miller, Apollo Tyres, Deloitte, Fidelity Investments, and 12+ IIMs including IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, and IIM Calcutta and &+ IITs including IIT Bombay and IIT Delhi.
- The students will get regular job calls, Interview skills preparation and Career services. It allows an opportunity to be the proud alumni of the esteemed institution and to network with 18000+ Henry Harvin alumni.
Benefits of Enrolling in Certified Research Writing (CRW) course:
- Learn What research writing is and what’s not
- Learn genres of research writing
- Importance of research writing
- Essential ethics of research communicators
- Elements of research terminology
- Be aware of the ethics in scientific communication
- The steps required to have a successful career in research writing
Takeaways of the course
- The study material of the course
- Access to the Learning management system (LMS)
- 1-yr membership of Henry Harvin Content Academy
- CRW certification
- Monthly Brush-up sessions
- Recorded videos of the live sessions
- 100% job placement, project and Internship support exclusively entitled to CRW professionals.
- Hallmark of CRW next to your name.
Modules covered in Certified Research Writing (CRW) course:
- Introduction to Research writing
– The target audience of this writing, the qualities required to be a research writer, the different types of research, and the relation between Employees and Clients.
- How to conduct effective research?
– How to conduct research that includes- defining the research questions, gathering information, forming hypotheses, and interpreting the result.
- How to conduct a literature search?
– Learn literature research, the importance, and the goals of literature research. Equipping with proper use of citation and learn how to scan articles effortlessly.
- Creating a Powerful Introduction.
– How to make a powerful introduction by understanding writing tips, learning how to write the first draft, the first, second and third paragraph.
- Drafting a Methods and Result section
– Learn about Drafting A methods, understanding the goals of having methods and result sections, also structuring, and preparing the text following the result section.
- Editing and fine-tuning
– Get equipped with tips to make research writing perfect, by being clear and concise.
- Few more tips
– Become equipped with tips for adding a perfectly formatted list of references, proper abstract, and impressive title write-ups.
Course Types, Benefits & Fees:
To know more information about fee structure please check it here:-
Cities in India where Henry Harvin Research Writing Course is provided:
Henry Harvin also Provides these Courses:
There’s a long list of trainers providing research writing online courses on Udemy. Numerous intense research writing courses are available to choose from the pre-recorded sessions. Once enrolled the video lessons are accessible for a lifetime by the students. Trainers from around the globe with high-quality experience are on Udemy as instructors. The students reviewed the research writing courses with an average of 4.6/5. Before enrolling read the reviews and student testimonials.
Key features of the research writing course on Udemy:
– Personal growth
– On-demand video up to 20 hours
– Flexible timing to study
– No deadline for assignment
– Access to videos on mobile, desktop and TV
– Certificate of completion
Topics covered in Research writing course by Udemy:
- Research writing course introduction.
- Introducing the course, Overview of the research project writing and the research writing basics.
- Beginning of the research journey
- Learn to choose a research topic, develop research questions, understand the research process, and its academic sources.
- Critically evaluate sources
- Get an understanding of Authority and peer review, examine the accuracy of the arguments, learn to evaluate the source coverage and the sources’ objectivity, consider the currency of the source, and critically evaluate the sources.
- Essay writing
Gaining knowledge on how to plan the essay, the thesis statement, learn to structure paragraphs and linking sentences.
- Empirical research.
- Introduction to Qualitative and Quantitative research, literature review and result, discussion, and conclusion of empirical research (divided into two sections).
- Bibliography and appendices
Writing Bibliography and reference list, learn referencing styles, create footnotes and endnotes, and the appendix.
– The highest-rated research writing online course with 4.8 stars/5 costs ₹ 6,400, they have countless flash sales on the Udemy app and website where you can buy this course at much less price, somewhere around ₹ 500- ₹ 1000. Install the Udemy app for notifications on such sales.
– There are a few more research writing courses with 4.6 – 4.3 star ratings which will cost between ₹ 4000- ₹ 8000 and there are many similar courses pricing ₹ 2000- ₹ 2500. You can find out these courses on sale as well.
For more details:
Go to www.udemy.com
Download Udemy App on Google Play Store or App store
3. Future Learn
They provide the University of Leicester certified research writing course ‘Discovering Your PhD Potential: Writing a research proposal’. The research writing course online provides you with the perfect college/university environment giving you university professors as trainers. The course has 52 reviews and is ranked 4.8/5. This course is an elaborated version meant for ones who are opting for the candidature in PhD. The syllabus of the research writing course has been divided into weeks with a total of 5 weeks of course.
Topics covered in the research writing course:
- Introduction to the Research Proposal writing
– Discussion on Why do a PhD
– Managing expectations on PhD goals
– Potential problem with PhD applications
– Overcoming potential and possible solutions for PhD problems
– Funding your research
– Midland4Cities Doctoral Training Partnership
– Studentship from EU Funding or other national research funding bodies
– Graduate Research Assistant positions
– Studentship from other funding bodies
– Self- funding ideas
- Problem definition and research questions
– Learn research problem to research gap- the deductive approach and inductive approach
– Research utility and its impact
– What is Planning and Referencing tools?
– Introduction to research questions
– Formulating the research questions
- Literature Review
– Learn how to find the right Literature without access to a university
– Pre-publication version of Articles
– Open access journals and how can you access academic literature
– Use Google Scholar to search for ideas
– Organizing and Planning of the literature
– How to write the Literature review
- A brief introduction to Research Design
– Learn Research philosophy, design, methodology and ethics
– What is the interrelation between building blocks of research?
– What is Ontology and Epistemology?
– Quantitative and Qualitative research design
– How to use the CRED framework to think through the duties of the researcher
– Outline your overall approach and methodology
- Construct the research proposal
– How to build your proposal by selling the topic: the title
– Feedback of the topic and the context
– Methods of building your proposal
– The provisional timetable, its conclusion, and references
– In the end, bring it all together with closing words, recognition, and thanks
Note: – After each week Future Learn has a Review of the week article which comprises the gist of complete weeks discussions.
Fee structure of research writing course online on Future Learn:
- In the free course you will access the modules for 7 weeks.
- You can upgrade this course with ₹3643, get access to this week till it’s available on Future Learn and a Print and Digital certificate of achievement once eligible.
- Get an Unlimited plan worth ₹20,815 with this you get other Future Learn short courses and tests for a year, a certificate of achievement and freedom to avail short courses with flexible time within a year
For more details, log in to www.futurelearn.com
It is a 100% online learning platform with numerous writing courses tied up to top global universities such as Stanford and Yale. The research writing course available on course is certified by the University of North Texas, Research Design: Inquiry and Discovery. This course is taught by the best instructor of UNT. The course is rated 4.6/5 stars by 56 students. The course is divided into 4weeks for a total of 9 hours.
Topics covered in Research writing course online by Coursera:
- It focuses on the inquiry process and how that is used as a systematic model in solving problems.
The total time to complete this module is 3 hours, 7 videos (total 30mins), 13 reading and 1 quiz which is:
- Process of inquiry.
- Inquiry Approaches: Quantitative, Qualitative and Mixed methods.
- Inquiry components.
- Inquiry terminology
- It focuses on developing research questions or hypotheses. This process conceptualizes the mental process where vague and imprecise are made more precise.
The total time to complete this module is 2 hours, 3 videos (16mins), 8 readings and 1 quiz which are:
– Introduction Conceptualizing and Operationalizing inquiry process
– Relation between variables
– Questions and Hypotheses
- Looking at essential components of literature review. Its purpose is both to gain a good understanding of the main sources of information concerning a particular topic and to clarify inquiry objectives, hypotheses and/or research questions.
The total time to complete this module is 2 hours, 3 videos (13mins), 4 readings, 2 quizzes which are:
– What is a Literature review?
– Review of the background, mainly literature and Writing
- Focuses on Sampling and ethical issues encountered with research and importance of reliability and validity.
The total time to complete this module is 2 hours, 3 videos (17mins), 13 readings and 1 quiz which are:
– What is sampling and its importance?
– Basics Statistics concepts
– Creating a Representative sample
– Voluntary Participation giving ‘No Harm’ to Participants
Fee structure of the research writing course online on Cours.
- Free enrolment is available for Audit only. You will get access to all the study materials except the graded ones.
- Paid enrolment provides a certificate that costs ₹ 2,121.
Note: – The course is a part of the bachelor’s degree in Applied Arts and Science at the University of North Texas.
For more details, go to www.coursera.org
Download Coursera App on Google Play Store and App store
5. LinkedIn Learning by Lynda:
LinkedIn Learning is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education. The credits for the course can only be authorised with the acceptance of the State Board. The research writing course online on LinkedIn consists of trials a discount that provides the tips and techniques of Writing a Proposal. It teaches crafting the proposal from scratch. The instructor will navigate the competitive and sometimes tedious work of writing a proposal. Eventually, write a powerful submission with a higher rate of acceptance.
Topics covered in the research writing course on LinkedIn learning:
- A brief introduction to Proposal writing
- Understanding the Proposal
– Reviewing the General Purpose of Request for Proposal (RFP)
– Learning Research question
– Understanding the time element
– How to use charts?
– Understanding the reader
- Types of Proposals
– External solicited
– Internal solicited
– External unsolicited
– Internal unsolicited
- Responding to an RFP
– Following the writing process and its rules
– Using the direct approach
- Customizing the proposal
– Give complete and precise answers
– Using client’s jargons
– Construct a reader-friendly design
- What to Include in proposal writing?
– Overview of proposal parts
– Understanding Prefatory parts and body parts
– Understanding Ending parts and Appended parts
- Following up
– Taking Initiative
– Debrief on the outcome
– LinkedIn provides a one-month free trial and then ₹ 1400/month and if you pay annually, they give a discount that costs ₹ 900/month after free trial.
– With this subscription, you have unlimited access to their library
– LinkedIn Learning certification after completing the course
– Interactive learning experience with practice test papers and quizzes
– Video accessibility on Tablets and Phones
– Apart from the LinkedIn Learning certificate they provide a NASBA certificate if you achieve 70% is the exam
– Additionally, LinkedIn provides access as LinkedIn premium members after subscription
For more details, go to www.linkedin.com/learning
Download LinkedIn App from Google Play Store or App store
It is a 100% online programme initiated by Govt. of India affiliated with AICTE. This initiative is to take the best teaching and learning resources to everyone including the most disadvantaged. The course is delivered free of cost however the learners who want a certificate will have to register for a proctored exam which comes at a fee and must attend in-person designated centres on specified dates. The universities which approve of credit transfer can use these marks/ certificates obtained in the course.
Duration – 8 weeks
Crafted for: Postgraduate and above
Topics covered in research writing course online by Swayam:
Week 1: A group discussion and overview of the research
Week 2: Discussion on literature survey and experimental skills
Week 3: Learn Data Analysis and Modelling
Week 4: Understanding creativity in Research with Technical writing and presentations
Week 5: A group discussion on Research ethics
Week 6: Understanding design of experiments
Week 7: Know about Intellectual Property
Week 8: Department-specific research discussions
For more details: www.swayam.gov.in
7. Elevate Academy:
This is an international academy, 100% online platform. They provide learning solutions to Health and Life sciences. The research writing course is on Introduction to Research Ethics specified in the healthcare sector. This course does not require you to be a part of the healthcare industry it just needs students with a bachelor’s degree and sufficient proficiency in verbal and written English.
Topics covered in research writing online course:
- A brief introduction to Research Ethics
- Informed consent and the ethics of randomized clinical traits
- Role of ethics committees and Risk-benefit assessments
- Discussion on Scientific Integrity
- Participants in Developing countries and children: Vulnerable groups
- Biobanks, stem cells and Genetic research ethics
Fee structure and takeaways from the research writing course on Elevate Academy:
– The Research ethics course costs ₹ 38,371/-
– The duration of the course is a total of 6 weeks and 7 hours/ week
– Academic certificate is provided after successful completion
For more details, go to elevatehealth.eu/courses
8. California Institute of Behavioural Neurosciences and Psychology:
CIBNP has few short courses and research proposal writing. This course is taught by a TEDx speaker and an accomplished expert in the field of Psychology. The course is 100% online and completely pre-recorded. The study materials or videos are available to access right after enrolling.
The total duration of the Research writing course: 50 hours
Topics covered in the research writing course by CIBNP:
· What is a Research proposal and why do you write it?
· Who writes the proposal and its rules?
· Techniques and secrets of writing attractive Research proposals
· Steps and structure of Proposal writing
· Literature Review
· The time and budgeting
Fee structure and benefits:
– This whole course costs ₹3643/-.
– Flexible hours to access
– Certificate after completion
– Boosts CV
For more details, go to www.cibnp.com/courses
9. Candid Learning:
Candid is an international platform for online training. The Proposal writing course is an on-demand self-paced course. The accessibility of this course is for three months after the date of purchase.
Topics covered in the research writing course online by Candid Learning:
· The Statement of Need- What is it, describing the need and documenting the facts
· Learn goals and outcomes of the given project
· Evaluating success and the sustainability questions
· Proposal Conclusion and Budget review
· Course recap
Fee structure and benefits:
– The self-paced which costs ₹16727/- is available at a discounted rate of ₹ 14868/- due to the covid-19 pandemic.
– Learn how to turn your Proposal into a Letter of Inquiry (LoI)
– Provides worksheets for writing your proposals
For more details, learning.candid.org/
The courses are affiliated with various renowned global universities. The research writing course online on EdX is named Quantitative and Qualitative Research for Beginners and is affiliated with the National University of Singapore (NUS). It is an introduction to the basics of research methods and provides both theoretical and practical information for students to research at a wide range of disciplines.
The total estimated time of the course is 8 weeks, 1-2 hours per week.
Topics covered in the research writing course online by EdX:
- Foundations of Knowledge production
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research
- Mixed Methods
- Conducting Literature Review
- Formulating Qualitative and Quantitative Research Questions
- Ethical considerations
- Writing Literature Review
- Qualitative Research (Part 1)
- Qualitative Research (Part 2)
- Quantitative Research (Part 1)
- Quantitative Research (Part 2)
- Quantitative Research (Part 3)
- Mixed methods
- Writing Research Papers using Reporting Guidelines
– It is a self-paced course, flexible timing
– Audit track is free of cost and the course material is available for 2 months from the date of enrolment
– Verified Track costs ₹7363 and have unlimited access to the course materials. In this track, you receive a certificate of completion and graded assignment and tests.
For more details, go to www.edx.org
The research writing helps in build academic as well as professional profiles and adds credibility to the writer. This helps you gather in-depth insights into the subject matter. As everything is digitised and the risk of going out is high, online platforms for education have become the major area. The writers are high in demand and research skills is the basic and most valuable skill required as a writer. Be it for Proposal writing or Market research writing gaining knowledge is never a harm.
- For More Relevant Articles: Content Writing Course Reviews in India
- Medical Writing Courses Online
- Technical Writing Course in Bangalore
- Copywriting Courses in India
- Content Writing Topics
- Content Writing Books in 2022
Writing needs, a thorough knowledge of the matter, its history and background. Only after gathering enough information, one can start writing a good piece on a specific topic.
Taking a research writing course enhances writing skills. It makes us understand how to add citation, source and reference to a written piece and not get caught into legal issues.
Research writing courses are 100% online and there are options for the self-paced courses and access pre-recorded videos to give you flexible timings.
You can share your certificate on different social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn and let your peers and employers know about your new gained skill.
In today’s time and age, every form of writing especially research writing has gained huge importance. With long term experience, it becomes a very high paying jo