About The Article
- This particular article provides a very detailed study and comparison between Henry Harvin and Benchmark Six Sigma, which are among the few training communities that provide the Best Six Sigma Certification.
- It also gives an insight into six sigma certification and six sigma certification costs.
In the 21st century, over the last decade – digital transformation has become a very integral aspect for multinational companies and organizations to improve the overall performance in terms of outputs and profit.
However, digital transformation, backed with management methods of quality control and business transformation is necessary to smoothen the transfiguration of the organization’s production. Six Sigma is one such practical concept that enables the companies which employ it to improve their conduct.
What is Six Sigma?
- In simple words, it is a statistics-based, data-driven approach that provides tools and techniques to organizations to reduce the frequency of occurrence of errors and for the elimination of occurred errors in a product or a service.
- The five typical steps that a thorough six sigma process encapsulates are:
- Control – DMAIC
The Six Sigma approach begins by identifying a particular error and ends in providing a practical solution that would lead the error to dissolve. The primary motif of the strategy is to offer near-perfect goods and services for business transformation.
Six Sigma Certification and Cost
The Six Sigma Certification professionally validates experts and agents who are skilled in singling out errors and defects in business processes and are trained to design solutions for the elimination of such faults. Three institutions offer certification to an individual. They are :
- The International Association for Six Sigma Certification
- The Council for Six Sigma Certification (CSSC)
- American Society for Quality (ASQ)
Six Sigma Certification Methodology
- The Six Sigma Certification methodology has a four-tier structure. The practitioners are categorized under three levels (or belts) –
- White Belt
- Yellow Belt
- Black Belt
- White Belt Certification
- The White Belt Certification is the entry-level certification, which offers a basic understanding of the approach.
- The White Belt Certification cost is relatively low. The Yellow Belt certification cost ranges from USD 195 to USD 394, depending upon the organization which grants the certification.
- Green Belt Certification
- The CSSC offers a Green Belt Certification at USD 119; Green Belt Certification (Level II) is also further provided, and the complete process costs USD 300.
- Lastly, The Black Belt Six Sigma Certification Cost, when done through IASSC, is USD 395.
Why should you go for Six Sigma Certification?
- Well, with a Green Belt Certification to your name, the posts which you qualify for include: Management analyst, Supply Chain Program Analyst, Data Analyst, Operational Excellence Manager.
- With a Black Belt Certification, the opportunities include being Operations Manager, Operation Team Leader, Quality Manager.
How To Choose Best Institute For Six Sigma?
Choosing the perfect institution to obtain the Six Sigma exam training can be a tedious task. One is faced with the question of which Institute to opt for and why? This decision depends on many factors like-
- The course content
- The Institute’s recognition
- The validity of the certification
- Brand name of the Institute
- Duration of the course
- Six Sigma Certification Cost
- The average salary for the post is ₹1,020,072 in India. All that you need is project management skills, and that can be quickly learned with Six sigma. The salary for Six sigma certified Quality Manager ranges 540,250 – 1,694,160.
- The salary for the Six Sigma certified process improvement manager is in the range of 465,398 – 1,634,957.
- Six sigma certified operations manager – salary range is 528,738 – 1,992,000
- Six sigma certified quality assurance manager – The salary range is 489,357 – 2,246,889.
Top Multinational Companies Instigate Six Sigma Principles
- Several Indian and International companies instigate six sigma principles in its operation.
- Most of the Indian services of Multinational companies like GE, Motorola, Allied, Conseco, etc. have Six Sigma built into their systems. The most significant program undertaken by an Indian company is by Wipro.
Top Rulers Of Six Sigma Certification Course
Both Henry Harvin and Benchmark Six Sigma are reputed institutions that provide training programs and are known for their practice of giving the Best Six Sigma Certification.
About Henry Harvin
- Henry Harvin is among the leading career and competency development organizations.
- Its primary focus lies on value creation, training, assessment centers, skill development, higher education, and content services.
- Apart from providing training in Lean Six Sigma Certification, its other popular courses include content writing and GST practicing.
- Henry Harvin Six Sigma methodologies affect different aspects of business, such as enhancement in the quality of goods and services and efficient working of the employees.
- Investing in Henry Harvin, the Six Sigma Certification Cost is overtly beneficial. Henry Harvin Six Sigma practice enables its participants to become competent.
- Henry Harvin’s learning solutions are based on Competency Research that is conducted by gathering many inputs and millions of data points from across industries, functions, and domains.
- It has links with the best in manufacturing to ensure high-quality subject delivery.
About Benchmark Six Sigma
- It is one of the leading training, consultation, and certification firms in the world. It is an Exemplar Global Certified Lean Six Sigma training providing center.
- Benchmark Six Sigma Six Sigma has been the largest provider of lean six sigma programs since 2001. Benchmark Six Sigma’s excellency is very well portrayed via Benchmark Six Sigma’s Reviews.
- It is one of the most significant learning networks in India, particularly, and in the world, at large.
- Benchmark Six Sigma’s six sigma programs are one of the best of its kind. A complete range of applications from Yellow to Master Black Belt Training is available.
- The coaching clients under their wing are from Boeing, Google, Bata, JLL, etc. The number of total programs completed by Benchmark Six Sigma crossed 1500 in 2019.
Below is given a detailed guide comparing the two institutions.
COMPARISON #1: CERTIFICATION COST AND COURSE DURATION
- The Certification for Green Belt Six Sigma training stands at ₹17,500. The course is for 4-days/32-hours.
- The Six Sigma Certification Cost for Black Belt training course at Henry Harvin is ₹25,000. The examination fee is included within the course fee.
Benchmark Six Sigma
- The Six Sigma Certification Cost varies with each belt. For Green Belt certification, through online training, it costs around ₹25,0000 to ₹30,000.
- The classroom training programs cost approximately ₹60,000. The examination cost is not charged separately The course duration is four days.
- No additional charge is required for gaining project completion support and certification.
Conclusion: Henry Harvin charges less of a course fee, and the course duration is shorter as well than Benchmark Six Sigma. Henry Harvin is a more budget-friendly and compact alternative to Benchmark Six Sigma.
COMPARISON #2: COURSES AVAILABLE
- Henry Harvin provides training courses Lean Six Sigma Certification for Green Belt and Black Belt Certification.
Benchmark Six Sigma
- Benchmark Six Sigma provides training programs for Yellow Belt, Green Belt, and Black Belt Certification.
- It was the first body to launch free training programs for Green, Black and Master Black Belt Six Sigma Certification in India.
- It offers more than 800 Lean Six Sigma Green Belt programs, nearly 100 Black Belt programs, and 18 Master Black Belt programs.
Conclusion: Benchmark Six Sigma has more course options than Henry Harvin does.
COMPARISON #2: TRAINING FACULTY
- The trainers and coaches are experts in the fields of Lean and Six Sigma. They are part of the renowned Business and management industries.
- The training methodology also helps the trainees in the practical application of the six sigma tools and strategies in their post-training work area.
Benchmark Six Sigma
- The coaches who preside over the sessions are associated with leading companies in the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia. The corporate workshops are taken by corporate coaches and consultants, who have significant training and qualification in the field.
- Training from qualified and experienced people enables the trainees to have a complete understanding of the course.
- Benchmark Six Sigma Reviews reveal that the sessions are presided over by a council of most experienced and respected trainers who have cross-industry implementation and leadership experience.
Conclusion– The training at Henry Harvin is more wholesome, even though Benchmark Six Sigma provides no less. Such a level of professional coaching enables the trainees to gain valuable experience and demonstrated success. It provides the trainee with the Best Six Sigma Certification.
COMPARISON #3: THE BLACK BELT CERTIFICATION COURSE
- Henry Harvin’s Black Belt Certification course is a 7-days/28-hours Live Virtual Classroom Training Session. Domain experts characterize the course into eight focused modules.
- The significant aim of the course is to impart knowledge of various techniques and tools in statistical & non-statistical terms to make decisions based on data and facts.
- According to a few Benchmark Six Sigma Reviews, the six-sigma black belt training provided at Henry Harvin enables the trainee to have a smooth understanding of the aspects related to defining, measuring, analyzing, improving, and controlling the operations by six sigma principles.
Benchmark Six Sigma
- As a part of its Black Belt Certification Training, Benchmark Six Sigma includes proficiency in Robotics process automation and Business analytics.
- It leads to the students gaining not only a clear understanding of the course but also provides them with practical knowledge and application of the same.
Conclusion- The Black Belt Certification training provided by Henry Harvin is better than that offered by Benchmark Six Sigma. The trainees at Henry Harvin gain a basic knowledge of lean enterprise concepts. Henry Harvin provides the Best Six Sigma Certification, As far as this particular course is concerned.
COMPARISON #4: TRAINING FORMAT
- It offers both classroom training and online training. The classroom training takes place on Sundays as well, meeting appropriate time and location requirements.
- The programs aim at improving the competency of an individual in contributing to organizational success through a correct understanding of issues, and rectification of unwanted elements within a process.
Benchmark Six Sigma
- It offers both corporate programs public workshops. Benchmark Six Sigma provides its training programs in two formats – Public training and In-company training.
- General practice is suitable for candidates who are self-sponsored or company-sponsored. The In-company training is customized as per the clientele organization’s requirements.
- The Corporate Programs available include Brainstorming, Risk Management, Problem Solving, and Process Improvement.
- As said in many Benchmark Six Sigma Reviews, the workshops empower the professionals with the necessary skills to correctly test new products and services in a very concentrated and cost-effective manner
Conclusion– As far as training formats go, both the institutions provide equal quality.
COMPARISON #5: AFTER TRAINING FACILITIES
- The courses provide beneficial post-training features: The participant is given 12-months/24-hours Post Certification Project Experience Expert Sessions.
- The participant can add to his profile and resume a globally recognized hallmark credential of ‘Certified Six Sigma Executive’ (CSSE), which would further help the participant in his/her workplace.
- These after training facilities are available for both the Green and the Blackbelt courses. Post-training, the participants can engage in free doubt resolving and revision sessions.
Benchmark Six Sigma
- The Benchmark Six Sigma Reviews in this particular aspect is moderate. The web-based forum and various group activities provide for efficient after training support.
- Benchmark Six Sigma offers after-training assistance to its participants in the form of Free Online Project Assistance and Additional Project Completion Certification.
Conclusion- Henry Harvin has the edge over Benchmark Six Sigma as far as Post-Training facilities are concerned. This is because Henry Harvin provides the invaluable CSSE Certification, which a Benchmark Six Sigma trainee is nor entitled to.
COMPARISON #5: FACILITIES PROVIDED TO THE TRAINEES
- The trainee gets the advantage of earning experience in 1 full project during classroom training and that of 12 projects over one year.
- Henry Harvin provides essential access to LMS courseware, data, books, and articles for free.
- Data analytic tools help the participants to analyze the effects of the projects.
- The participants learn about the theory of inventive problem-solving insights for accelerated thinking to generate sustainable win-win solutions for the organization.
- The experience of 12 industry-related projects is an added advantage.
Benchmark Six Sgima
- To each of its trainees, Benchmark Six Sigma provides the otherwise expensive excel based software for free.
- It allows them to have access to an expansive panel of technical facilities, helping them in their training.
- The trainees also have access to simulation projects and programs. It also offers additional coaching at the workplace.
Conclusion- Even though the facilities provided by both the institutes are very competent, Henry Harvin excels over Benchmark Six Sigma.
COMPARISON #5: UNIQUE FEATURES
- The prerequisite for getting into this course is that one needs to be involved in analyzing and solving quality issues; one should have worked with Six Sigma, Lean project management, or any other quality-related project.
- The trainees are given a clear understanding of the implementation of the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control (DMAIC) methodology; it provides the participant an overview of Six Sigma and organizational objectives.
- The training programs at Henry Harvin’s makes the participant efficient in project management practices related to the right project selection, resource management, change management, finance management, and many other factors.
- Moreover, the participant also gains knowledge in the measurement of current performance to rectify issues and help, improve, and implement solutions in problems with industry-level case studies.
- It vests its participants with new methods and processes conducting business, which enhances the business’ functionality and also reduces the defects from the process.
- Henry Harvin Six Sigma Certification helps in shaping the ability to solve data-driven problems; it is the contender of Best Six Sigma Certification programs.
This leads to enhancing the performance of the candidate and increasing revenue. The primary motif of the Six Sigma certification training program of Henry Harvin is to provide official validation to the individuals who possess the skills to identify errors or defects in a business process and eliminate them.
Benchmark Six Sigma
- Benchmark Six Sigma provides ample opportunities for its trainees to learn and grow and to gather experience. The programs are updated per the people’s requirements and latest inputs.
- Benchmark Six Sigma also provides opportunities for its trainees to show their creativity.
- Trainees have scope to implement their creativity and uniqueness in the process of problem-solving and finding solutions.
- At Benchmark Six Sigma, the classroom learning routine is kept alive and exciting through the use of anecdotes, riddles, and quizzes. Team exercises and the system of group studying is encouraged.
- Benchmark Six Sigma has a remarkable ability to influence a participant’s thinking.; change in the thought process changes and contributes to the training output many times over.
- As per Benchmark Six Sigma Reviews, Besides free online project assistance, classroom training programs, led by skilled instructors, are also available.
- The programs and workshops enable the scope for new discussion networks and communities.
- Benchmark Six Sigma not only provides recognition to its participants but also provides further learning opportunities to them.
Conclusion- Henry Harvin, as a whole, is characterized by far more advanced features than Benchmark Six Sigma does. The participant becomes proficient in identifying defects and removing them from the process of products to improve the quality of that particular process. The training enables one to make use of resources beneficially and efficiently. As a result, the operations’ cost, materials, and time of the organization being worked for will be condensed – this makes the organization lay responsibility and trust upon the individual.
COMPARISON #6: TRAINEE COMPETENCY
Benchmark Six Sgima
- The success and establishment rates of the trainees are pretty high, so much so that there might be a 95% chance of a Senior manager from a leading company to have been trained at Benchmark Six Sigma.
- The industry acceptance of Benchmark Six Sigma’s in-company program is high.
- Attaining training from Henry Harvin enables the participant’s organization to benefit from instantaneous functional enhancements in production time and cost.
- The employee who is trained in Henry Harvin Six Sigma practices displays a higher competence and efficiency, reduced overhead, and higher profit in his/her post-training business proceedings.
- Having a Henry Harvin Six Sigma qualification will enable one to distinguish one’s organization from one’s contenders efficiently.
- Once the Henry Harvin Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or Black Belt is obtained, a person is both educated in Henry Harvin Six Sigma methodologies and equipped to become a change agent within their organization.
- This shall eventually open doors to promotion in an upper organization and, as one might expect, increases the scenarios of obtaining a job with a different employer.
- Six Sigma professionals stand an excellent chance of rising to senior managerial positions since financial management and risk assessment are excellently developed skills for middle and top-level management, certified.
- With faster production, rarer mistakes, and the ability to meet the client’s demands at an incriminating pace orders will continue to roll in, and client loyalty increases.
- Henry Harvin Six Sigma Black Belt certified participant, possesses an approximate salary of £45,000 a year.
- These certifications also help in becoming a specialist in process improvement and will enhance the career’s standard and credibility.
Conclusion- The trainees at Henry Harvin are more competent than those at Benchmark Six Sigma. The training at Henry Harvin will help in improving one’s ability to employ problem-solving and business techniques on the job to improve internal processes. By the end of the training, one will possess advanced developed skills that will help one to get an excellent job at a reputed firm.
COMPARISON #7: CENTRE LOCATIONS
- It has its centers in the above mentioned similar locations. Henry Harvin’s Six Sigma certification in Bangalore stands among the best training locations in India.
Benchmark Six Sigma
- Benchmark Six Sigma has a widespread learning network. Benchmark Six Sigma provides Lean Six Sigma training programs in India and the USA. It has its centers for lean six sigma training all over the country – in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, and Pune.
Conclusion– Both Benchmark Six Sigma and Henry Harvin have centers all over the country and abroad as well.
COMPARISON #8: JOB PROSPECTS
- Some of the leading companies which hire from among the Henry Harvin trainees include Airtel, HP, Maruti Suzuki, FedEx, Lufthansa, and Philips among the very best.
Benchmark Six Sigma
- The companies at Benchmark Six Sigma include Google, American Express, TATA Motors, Essar, and HCL.
Conclusion– Both the institutes have equally remarkable ties with the best companies.
Thus above is a detailed specification of the two individual learning networks, along with their comparison. While both of the institutes are among the best in the Six Sigma training, Henry Harvin has the edge over Benchmark Six Sigma in terms of experience, faculty, and training facilities. The certification provided by Henry Harvin, by all means, is the Best Six Sigma Certification.
- Henry Harvin’s Six Sigma training is ranked among the top 3 in the world, due to several compelling reasons.
- The courses ensure exclusive job support. Very evidently, the Six Sigma Certification Cost charged by Henry Harvin is lesser than that charged by Benchmark Six Sigma.
- In proportion to the fee which it commands, Henry Harvin is known to provide far more facilities to its members.
- Henry Harvin also has a briefer and more short course duration and schedule than Benchmark Six Sigma does.
- One very significant advantage which Henry Harvin holds over its competitor is the fact that it issues its clients with CSSE verified certificates.
Benefits Of Six Sigma
- Besides earning a handsome salary per annum, a certified Six Sigma professional has a score of advantages right at his door: careers in fields such as IT, telecom, aerospace, finance, banking, etc. open numerous opportunities; promotion to a managerial position becomes prospective because the certification makes one proficient in strategies of managing the industrial output quality.
- The certification enables one to become the mastermind behind a company or an organization’s growth.
What you get?
- The courses offered by both the institutes vest an individual with several efficient abilities. On completion of the course, one becomes an expert in managing the manufacturing processes; one will be able to inspect the procedures in detail to achieve a certain level of sustainability.
- Training in Six Sigma allows one to work on multivariate tools, an understanding of the standard industry practices to maintain remarkable product and service quality.
Companies Prefer Six Sigma Certification
- A six sigma certification and a lean six sigma certification are beneficial both from the employee and the employer’s point of view.
- Six Sigma Certification is one such approach that is used and employed by multitudes of companies across India and over the world.
- Companies like American Express, Boeing, Amazon, and Bank of America have all used Six Sigma to improve processes and business operations.
How Does Six Sigma Helps To Grow?
Depending upon your experience and the level of Six Sigma Certification, which you have to your name (Yellow, Green and Black Belt), you can get top positions in renowned firms for operations, manufacturing, information technology, quality assurance, and more. The pay is also lucrative.
- People with Yellow, Green and Black Belt Certification are eligible for the following positions at top companies:
- Six Sigma consultants
- production managers
- quality analysts
- business analysts
- manufacturing engineers
- process development engineers
- project managers
- warehouse operations managers
- information technology project managers
- data scientists, industrial engineers
- process improvement directors, and more.
For obtaining a certification, the Six Sigma Certification Cost is worth it. From an individual perspective, training in six sigma can be extremely crucial in the development of your open, adaptive, and logical thought process. Speaking in technical terms, it helps in precise identification of original causes that lead to focused betterment, thus resulting in improved business processes and performance.
From a business organization’s point of view, it increases the business capacity and helps in the processing of goods and services faster. Lean Six Sigma increases revenue by enabling the organization to obtain the very best from less utilization —market, sell, manufacture, and provide more of what customers want with fewer resources. Lean six sigma contributes heavily to Getting rid of activities that are not required in manufacturing products or providing services that make it cheaper to meet customer expectations. It helps in Removing “Waste” from processes and solving problems proactively.