In This Blog We Are Going To Introduce You To The Top Richest Bitcoin Owners. They made their debut and fortune in the cryptocurrency field with the one and only #Bitcoin.
Do You know What Is A Bitcoin ?
- Bitcoin is a type of cryptocurrency.
- It is a kind of digital asset for you.
- Bitcoin works as a medium of exchange.
- The currency uses cryptography, to run its creation and network.
- The central authorities have no role in Bitcoin shares.
Do You Know When Was Bitcoin Launched In The Market ?
First the domain name for Bitcoin was registered on 18 August 2008, as bitcoin.org. Then the Bitcoin network was introduced to the market on 3 January 2009.
Do You Know Who Created Bitcoin ?
Bitcoin was registered under the name of Satoshi Nakamoto. This can be an individual person or a group of people. No one knows till date. So Satoshi Nakamoto created Bitcoin as we all know.
How Does Bitcoin Work ?
Bitcoin uses a different kind of networking method called peer-to-peer. This application distributes the workloads between peers, making them equally privileged.
Bitcoin mining also maintains a blockchain public ledger. All the transactions between the users are verified and added here. This is based on a consensus algorithm called Proof of Work.
Check- Bitcoin Course by Henry Harvin
What Is The Current Price Of A Bitcoin Share?
The current value of a Bitcoin Share is approximately 9,549 U.S dollars. The value is however, based on the average Bitcoin prices calculated across all leading exchanges worldwide.
Now Let’s Find Out The Names Of ALL The Top Richest Bitcoin Owners Who Played A Major Role In Making Bitcoin A Success
1. SATOSHI NAKAMOTO
The first name in the list of the Top Richest Bitcoin Owners is the name of Satoshi Nakamoto. He is the person who created Bitcoin.
Satoshi Nakamoto is claimed to be a Japanese, born on 5 April 1975 in Japan. Few in the media tried to reveal the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto. However, no one became successful.
These Are The 3 People Presumed To Be Satoshi Nakamoto.
- The first attempt was made by the Newsweek in March 2015. It identified Dorian Nakamoto as the person who created Bitcoin. He graduated in Physics from California Polytechnic.
- Dorian Nakamoto also worked on classified defence projects. He is a Japanese-American. Dorian Nakamoto although denied all the rumours.
- Another attempt was made by Wired Magazine in December 2015. It identified Craig Wright as the person who created Bitcoin. He is an Australian Scientist. Craig Wright confirmed that he has a Master’s Degree in Statistics and two Doctorates. He is also a Chief Science Officer at nChain.
- Later, although, Wired Magazine found inconsistencies in the details given by Craig Wright . Thus this rumour also died down.
- Dominic Frisby in his book Bitcoin : The Future of Money, tried to relate Nick Szabo to Satoshi Nakamoto. He is a computer engineer by profession, and also a legal scholar. He also worked for DigiCash. Nick Szabo was working on the idea of decentralised currency, called BitGold in 2008.
- After consulting a Stylometric expert, Dominic Frisby stated, that the writing style of Nick Szabo and Satoshi Nakamoto found to be similar.
The Disappearance Of Satoshi Nakamoto
Satoshi Nakamoto sent an email to Mike Hearn on 23 April 2011. Mike Hearn was Bitcoin core developer at that time. In that email, Satoshi Nakamoto stated, that he has moved on to other things and the future of Bitcoin is in good hands. After this interaction he seemed to have disappeared.
The Reappearance Of Satoshi Nakamoto
Recently, it came in the news that 40 Bitcoin shares worth $391,055 has been transferred from an account. Moreover, the account has been idle since 2009. The coins of this account were also mined during the first month of Bitcoin in the market. This report, as a result, again confirmed the existence of Satoshi Nakamoto.
As per reports, he has more than 1.1 million Bitcoin shares. The value of the Bitcoin shares together would be approximately more than 10 billion U.S dollars. Also, according to experts, if Satoshi Nakamoto ever decides to sell his entire Bitcoin share, then the price of Bitcoin share will fall drastically.
2. ROGER KEITH VER
The second name in the list of the Richest Bitcoin Owners is the name of Roger Keith Ver. He is the Executive Chairman of bitcoin.com, since 1 August 2019.
- Date Of Birth – Roger Ver was born on 27 January 1979
- Place Of Birth – San Jose, California.
- Education – Attended De Anza College for a year and dropped out to focus on his business interest.
- Roger Ver started investing in Bitcoin shares in the year 2011. He made his first investment for BitInstant. The company was founded by Charlie Shrem.
- Roger Ver was the CEO of a company called MemoryDealers. It was the first company to accept Bitcoin shares as a mode of transaction.
- He supported the development of Bitcoin XT. Moreover, Bitcoin shares, for him, were a means to promote economic freedom.
- Roger Ver donated 1 million worth of Bitcoin shares to the Foundation for Economic Education in the year 2013.
- Roger Ver is still one of the founders of the Bitcoin Foundation.
- In the year 2020, Fortune Magazine mentioned that Roger Ver has co created Bitcoin Cash.
- He is also popularly known as the “Bitcoin Jesus”. He earned this title for his major role in the promotion of Bitcoin.
- The net worth is claimed to be 550 million U.S dollars. He has also been predicted to have more than 100,000 Bitcoin shares in possession.
3. TYLER WINKLEVOSS AND CAMERON WINKLEVOSS
The third name in the list of the Richest Bitcoin Owners is the name of Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss. They are popularly known as The Winklevoss Twins.
- Age – Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss were born on 21 August 1981.
- Place Of Birth – Southampton, New York. Although, later they shifted to Greenwich, Connecticut.
- In 2004, The Winklevoss Twins completed their undergraduate studies in Economics from Harvard University.
- In 2010, they completed their MBA degree from the University of Oxford.
The Facebook Lawsuit
Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss became popular after filing the case against Mark Zuckerberg for stealing part of their code. They got 20 million dollars in cash. They also got over 1.2 million shares of Facebook from the settlement.
- In 2013, Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss invested 11 million dollars from their settlement money into Bitcoin shares. Reports said that the brothers also confirmed of owning 1% of all the Bitcoin shares in the market.
- The Winklevoss Twins launched a cryptocurrency exchange called Gemini on 23 January 2014. It providers the customers to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency in a safe and secure way.
- In 2014 they also created a financial index for Bitcoin called Winkdex. The index gathers data from 7 exchanges. It analyses the price on the volume of trading in the respective exchanges.
- Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss bought seats on Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic Shuttle. They bought it from the profit they made from the Bitcoin shares.
- Participated in 2008 Beijing Olympics in Rowing and earned 6th place.
The Winklevoss Twins have been estimated to have 900 million dollars to 1.1 billion dollars of net worth.
4. BARRY SILBERT
The fourth name in the list of the Top Richest Bitcoin Owners is the name of Barry Silbert.
- Age – 43 years.
- Education – Barry graduated from the Goizueta Business School of Emori University in 1998.
- In 2013 Barry started investing in Bitcoin related companies such as Coinbase, BitPay and Ripple.
- He was also the founder and CEO of a company called Second Market which was later acquired by Nasdaq in 2015.
- Barry Silbert is the founder and CEO of a venture capitalist firm called Digital Currency Group. He started the company in 2015. It is into venture capital and focuses on the digital currency market.
- Genesis, Grayscale and Coindesk are the subsidiaries of the Digital Currency Group.
- Coindesk covers daily blockchain news. It also covers everything related to Bitcoin. It included the Price index, data tools, research products and quarterly reports on State of Bitcoin.
- Barry Silbert founded Grayscale Bitcoin Trust or BGTC on 25 September 2013. It is a traditional investment trust.
- Ernst & Young awarded Barry Silbert as the Entrepreneur of the year.
- He also made a place in Fortune Magazine’s list of “40 Under 40 ?
- Barry Silbert was ranked 16th in Forbes Magazine’s list of wealthiest people in the cryptocurrency world.
- He is known as The King of Crypto.
- According to Forbes Magazine, the net worth of Barry Silbert is estimated to be approximately 500 million U.S dollars.
5. TIM COOK DRAPER
The fifth name in the list of the Top Richest Bitcoin Owners is the name of Tim Cook Draper.
He is an American Venture Capitalist. Tim Draper also comes from a family of venture capitalists. He is the third generation.
- Date Of Birth – Tim Draper was born on 11 June 1958.
- Place Of Birth – Illinois
- Tim Draper completed his graduation in BS in 1980 from Stanford University. His major was Electrical Engineering.
- He completed his MBA from Harvard Business School in 1984.
- During graduation Tim Draper did an internship at Hewlett-Packard as a marketing engineer.
- As a student at Stanford he also co-created the popular board game and named it as “Stanford – The Game”.
- Tim Draper started his venture capital firm with another partner in 1991. By 1994 the firm had 3 partners including him.
- He invested in Hotmail. He also invented the idea of viral marketing in 1996. It was his idea to send short advertisements at the bottom of every outgoing hotmail message. Draper and Jurvetson, his third partner, together introduced the term viral marketing.
- He was also the first investor to invest in China.
- Some of his popular investments are Hotmail, Twitter, Skype, Tesla, CoinBase , Twitch and Solar City.
Tim Draper And Bitcoin
- On 27 June 2014 Draper bought approximately 30,000 Bitcoin shares for a price of 19 million U.S dollars.
- As per Fox Business, on 23 September 2014, Draper predicted that 1 Bitcoin share will reach 10,000 dollars in 3 years.
- Draper bought 2000 Bitcoin shares on 27 September 2017 at a price of 400,000 U.S dollars. His prediction came true and on 29 November 2017 the price of a Bitcoin share crossed 10,000 U.S dollars.
- According to his latest prediction on December 2019, Bitcoin would reach 250,000 U.S dollars in 2023.
Tim Draper’s net worth is 1 billion U.S dollars.
6. Valery Vavilov
The sixth name in the list of the Top Richest Bitcoin Owners is the name of Valery Vavilov.
Place Of Birth – Latvia
- Valery Vavilov completed his Graduation from Stanford University.
- He has completed his Masters from Transport and Telecommunication Institute.
- He is a trained computer scientist.
- Valery Vavilov is the founder and CEO of BitFury Group Limited as well as BitFury Holding BV.
- He founded the company in Jan 2011. Valery Vavilov co-founded BitFury with Valery Nebesny in 2011.
- BitFury USA is also a part of the BitFury group. It was founded in 2014. The company manufactures hardware related to cryptocurrencies and blockchains. It keeps them secure. It also manufactures mobile data centres as well as custom semiconductor chips.
- BitFury provides Bitcoin mining hardware to launch its own blockchain. It also designs software for Law enforcement and Banks to check the illegal activities using Bitcoin.
- The latest valuation of the company is more than 1 billion U.S dollars. The company mined about 800,000 bitcoin shares
- Forbes included Valery Vavilov in the list of the richest people from the crypto industry in 2018.
- Valery Vavilov’s net worth is between 500 million U.S dollars to 700 million U.S dollars.
7. TONY GALLIPPI
The seventh name in the list of the Top Richest Bitcoin Owners is the name of Tony Gallippi.
- Education – Tony Gallippi has completed his graduation in Mechanical Engineering from Georgia Tech.
- Professional Experience – Tony Gallippi has 20 years of sales and marketing experience in Robotics and Financial Industries.
- In 2011 Tony Gallippi became the co-founder of the company called BitPay along with Stephen Pair. Tony Gallippi is also the current Chairman of BitPay. In 2013 the company became the largest processor of Bitcoin currency.
- In its first year only the company grew from having 100 to 1,100 merchants, using their service. It happened because of the conference in Prague. BitPay was one of the companies in the Bitcoin conference. That conference was featured in the news. From that time, as a result, the company started growing rapidly.
- They cracked a number of high profile deals. WordPress is one of them. He also made a deal with WooCommerce. It helped in the creation of a new module for BitPay. The module will help in amazon.com‘s web store purchases. BitPay also helped in processing Bitcoin for e-commerce.
- BitPay provides a one-in-all digital asset management solution that includes services like BitPay Wallet and BitPay Prepaid Visa Card. The Metropolitan Commercial Bank has the authority to provide the BitPay Visa Prepaid Card.
- The Company has raised more than $70 million in funding from leading investment firms.
- In 2014, Gallippi stated that the goal of BitPay is to enrol 1 million merchants in the coming years.
- Gallippi received an invitation from the US Senate to speak about Bitcoin in November 2013.
- The net worth of Tony Gallippi is over 20 million dollars.
8. Gavin Andresen
The eighth name in the list of the Top Richest Bitcoin Owners is the name of Gavin Andresen. His previous name was Gavin Bell.
- Date Of Birth – 1966.
- Place Of Birth – Melbourne, Australia .
- Education – Gavin Andresen completed his Graduation in 1988 from Princeton University. He graduated with a Computer Science Degree.
- Gavin Anderson started his career with a company called Silicon Graphics Computer Systems. He was working on the development of a 3D graphics software.
- Gavin Andresen was also a co-author in the VRML 2.0 specification. It was released in the year 1996.
- In 2010, Gavin Andresen started making products specifically for Bitcoin. He worked as a lead developer in a project of Bitcoin called “cash for the internet”.
- He also developed the reference implementation for Bitcoin. This information was confirmed by Satoshi Nakamoto before his disappearance.
- Gavin Andresen also created The Bitcoin Faucet. This website gives rewards to its visitors in the form of Bitcoin shares after completing certain tasks as mentioned in the website.
- Forbes in their April 2011 article mentioned that Andresen described Bitcoin as a better gold than gold.
- The net worth of Gavin Andresen is 2 million U.S dollars.
- According to some reports, he has been paid 200,000 million U.S dollars worth of Bitcoins for his contribution, by the Bitcoin Foundation.
9. Brian Armstrong
The ninth name in the list of the Top Richest Bitcoin Owners is the name of Brian Armstrong.
- Date Of Birth – 25 January 1983.
- Place Of Birth – San Jose, California
- Brian Armstrong was always interested in technology. At a very early age he started learning Java and CSS.
- Brian Armstrong took admission in Rice University in the year 2001. He got his Bachelor’s Degree of Economics and Computer Science. He also finished his Master’s Degree of Computer Science in the year 2006.
- Brian Armstong worked as a software engineer at Airbnb. He worked there from 2011 to 2012.
- In June 2012, Brian Armstrong co founded the Coinbase with Fred Ehrsam. It is a digital currency exchange platform.
- In October 2012 Coinbase developed a certain service for Bitcoin transactions through bank transfers.
- In 2014 Coinbase acquired Blockr and Kippt. It also introduced the vault system for secure Bitcoin storage.
- In January 2015 Coinbase received $75 million investment and thus launched a U.S based Bitcoin exchange called Coinbase Exchange.
- In 2016 Brian Armstrong changed the company’s name to Global Digital Asset Exchange.
- Brian Armstrong signed The Giving Pledge in 2018.
- He also became the first cryptocurrency entrepreneur to do that.
- Brian Armstrong took the pledge to donate the majority of his wealth for greater good.
- In 2017 Brian Armstrong got recognition in the Fortune 40 Under 40 list.
- $1 billion
10. Wu Jihan
The tenth name in the list of the Top Richest Bitcoin Owners is the name of Wu Jihan.
- Date Of Birth – 1986
- Place Of Birth – Chongqing, China
- Education – Wu Jihan graduated from Peking University in 2009. He earned dual degrees in Economics and Psychology.
- Wu Jihan worked in a private equity firm as a financial analyst.
- He came to know about Bitcoin in May 2011. Wu Jihan gathered 100,000 yuan and purchased 900 Bitcoins. He was also the co founder of China’s Bitcoin community site.
- Wu Jihan was also the first who translated the Bitcoin white Paper to Chinese.
- In 2013, Wu Jihan co founded Bitmain with Micree Zhan. Bitmain became the world’s largest computer chip company for Bitcoin mining. In 2018, Wu Jihan had 20% of Bitmain shares.
- In 2019, however, Wu Jihan left his position as Co CEO of Bitmain. He founded another financial service company called Matrixport. It deals with cryptocurrencies.
- In 2018, Hurun Report’s Inaugural Blockchain Richlist mentioned Wu Jihan as the second richest cryptocurrency entrepreneur in China.
- In 2018 Wu Jihan also got third rank in Fortune’s The Ledger 40 under 40.
- The net worth of Wu Jihan is estimated to be $2.39 billion.
Check Henry Harvin Review: