The time is changing and the younger generation is breaking the conventional system of settling for well-paid corporate jobs.
Nowadays, people are drawing towards more independent form of career options where they are in charge of their growth. Hence the graph of entrepreneurship and start-ups has considerably risen in the last few years. While there are several ideas for starting a business, having a franchise is also one of the choices, entrepreneurs are making.
What is a franchise?
A franchise is basically running a business for an already established brand. A franchise is an agreement between a franchisor who is the owner of the brand and wants to expand his business in a new location and a franchisee who would run this business in that particular location. The franchisee pays the franchisor, some fees as agreed and royalty for using the franchisor’s name and processes.
The biggest advantage of having a franchise is that you save time on the market research as you are already aware of the brand and its performance.
Franchises are available for different sectors like food joints, electronics, education, etc. as it’s a good way to grow a business.
The education sector has always been a booming industry as there are advanced learning programs being introduced in every field. Moreover, post-pandemic online education has given the ease of access to both, the entrepreneur and the students and this has taken the education market to a different level.
Let us find out about the top 15 education franchises in India.
1. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin is a leading online and offline education provider based in the United States and India. It provides more than 200 courses in different streams like Management, Technology, Business, Writing, Academics, and others. It ranks amongst the top 100 Edtech companies in India.
Henry Harvin provides education franchise offers to partner with it and become a part of one of the fastest-growing training institutes in India.
Below are the terms to become a franchise partner of Henry Harvin;
- Investment – Franchise fee of INR 2 Lakhs, valid for 2 years.
- Profit-sharing ratio – 50:50
- Role of the Henry Harvin (franchisor) – The support that Henry Harvin provides to the franchisees is the technologies used by them, permissions to use Henry Harvin’s brand as per the prescribed guidelines, and necessary marketing support with related graphics and content for Ad campaigns. It provides training to the sales team to achieve the enrollment targets.
Role of the franchisee – The franchisee in return has to enrol candidates for different courses and generate revenue.
2. Pace Career Academy
Pace Career Academy is an emerging education provider. It provides courses in Digital Marketing, Human Resources, and Data Science. It has branches in 10 cities.
Pace Career Academy offers an education franchise with the below terms;
- Investment – INR 3 lakhs to INR 12 lakhs
- Per month earning – INR 80,000/- to INR 1,50,000/-
- A Break-even point can be reached with 4 enrollments
- Return on investment – within 3 months.
Edzumo is an emerging edtech company. It provides several courses in multiple areas. They have courses for all age groups from school students to college students and working professionals.
It is run by the alumni members of prestigious institutes like IIT and NIT and offers high-quality coaching to prepare for competitive exams, Olympiads, and Hackathons. Edzumo has a team of highly qualified counselors and mentors who guide students in shaping a successful career.
Edzumo provides franchise options to those who are looking for running a business on the online platform. Its franchise program is quite flexible as the investment required is not very high and the franchisee doesn’t need to make any upfront payment.
Support that Edzumo would give as a franchisor is;
- Full-fledged plan to set up the business.
- Provide E-learning platform and app and other IT infrastructure.
- Resource materials and faculties.
Role of the franchisee
The franchisee needs to get the enrollments to add to the revenues of Edzumo.
4. International School of Design
International School of Design is a premier institute based out of Pune, providing various types of design courses like fashion designing, Interior designing, jewelry design, etc. Apart from designing courses, it also provides courses like photography, digital marketing, and other fashion-related courses.
INSD offers a rich curriculum designed by industry experts giving utmost importance to creativity.
INSD also offers franchising offers if you are interested in delivering designing and creative education.
The terms for having an education franchise of INSD are as below;
- Space required – 2000+ Sqft.
- Return on investment – within 14 months
- Investment – INR 6 lakhs onwards
INSD provides support in the following ways to the franchisee;
- Assistance in setting up the campus, by visiting and analyzing the sites. Also guiding in the interior designing part. Helping in vendor tie-ups.
- Marketing assistance – Issuing the publication and editorial drafts, and advertising on local and social media. Supplying the required artworks and designs.
- Recruitment support – Helping in recruiting and training of entire staff, technical training to teachers and counselors,
- Operational support – Continuous on-call support to the institute staff on a day to day operations.
IBT is also a leading education provider which offers courses for preparing for competitive exams, government jobs, CAT, etc. The USP of IBT is that it offers courses customized for different sectors and departments.
For eg. Courses for Banking, railways, insurance, defense, etc.
IBT welcomes aspiring individuals who wish to grow with this rapidly growing training institute.
Below are the requisites to partner with IBT for a franchise;
- Investment – From INR 3 to 8 lakhs
- Space – Area of 800 to 1500 sq ft.
- The license fee – depends on the location. Higher for metro cities.
Support provided by IBT to its franchisee is in form of;
- Initial setup of the center
- Recruitment and staffing
- Day-to-day operational support
6. British School of Language
British School of Language is the oldest language training academy in India. It provides top-quality training in the English language. It is the most preferred training center for the IELTS(International English Language Testing System) and TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language) preparation.
Apart from the English language, BSL also provides certification courses in several foreign languages and personality development courses.
BSL offers education franchise opportunities to those who wish to be a part of imparting language training to aspirants.
Below are the terms and conditions for an aspiring franchisee of BSL;
- The franchisee should have a doctoral degree viz Ph.D., M.D., J.D., etc.
- Investment – INR 5 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs
- Franchise fee – INR 3 lakhs plus 10% of the total fee collection at the end of every month.
- Agreement term – 3 years
- Area and locality – The area of the training center should be a minimum of 1000 sq. ft. and should be located on the main road where public transport is easily accessible.
- Best time to start the franchise – Between November to March
Role of BSL;
- Installation of infrastructure including furniture & fixtures, equipment, furnishings, and signs as per the BSL policies and standards.
- Advertising and Promotion on social media platforms
- Providing software for counseling and admission.
- Necessary training and continual operating assistance to run the franchise.
7. CAD DESK
CAD DESK is one of the largest providers of software training in the fields of CAD, CAM, and CAE. It offers professional training on softwares like Autocad, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, C+, and many other programs.
With over 20 years of existence, CAD DESK has trained more than 1.5 lakhs students and is successfully operating in 170 centers.
CAD DESK is the authorized training partner of Autodesk, Bentley Systems, PTC, and Dassault Systems. It also offers internship programs to college pass outs, trainees, and job aspirants.
CAD DESK provides franchise offers with a history of 100% success rate and below requisites;
- Investment – INR 5 lakhs to 10 lakhs
- Return on Investment – In the first year, you can expect a return of 30%-50% and 50%-70% in the later years.
- Renewal or License fee – A nominal fee is required every year for the renewal of the license.
Support provided by CAD DESK to the franchisee;
- Set up support
- Recruitment and regular training
- Course material
- Marketing support
- Student support
8. NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education(NGA-SCE)
NGA-SCE is one of the largest distance learning education providers. It has also carved a niche for itself in the online education sector. They provide various programs like MBA distance learning, Executive MBA, Data Science, Digital Marketing, and many more courses.
NGA-SCE has highly qualified faculty from esteemed institutes like IIM and IIT and provides training based on rich industry experience.
NGA-SCE invites franchise applications from people who are interested in partnering with them below.
Below are the requirements to partner with NGA-SCE for a franchise;
- Investment – INR 25 lakhs to INR 60 lakhs
- Space – 600 sq. ft. to 1000 sq. ft.
- Skills required – Knowledge of the local market, experience in operations, and team management.
Role of the franchisee;
- Counsel and convert inquiries into admissions.
- Providing logical support to students.
Edumilestones is a 14 years old career counseling body. It provides career assessments and counseling to help students and job aspirants in having the right and successful career choices.
Edumilestones provides career guidance at different levels from school students to working professionals.
Edumilestones provide franchise opportunities in form of training programs.
They offer different certification programs which give you professional training on a particular subject and after successful completion of the program, Edumilestones provides you their platform and support to start your practice.
10. Career Launcher
Career launcher provides coaching for several competitive exams at school and college levels and for studying abroad. To name a few are CUCET, JEE, Law, GATE, Banking, SSC, GRA, and GMAT.
It provides an intensive curriculum specially designed as preparatory material for highly competitive entrance exams.
Career Launchers invites prospective franchisees and offers opportunities like;
- Working with a leading and established brand.
- Reducing the risk of failure because of the highly successful track record.
- While you earn a business venture, you get to learn from the best.
- Learn and grow with the exchange of ideas and networking with fellow franchisees.
- Continuous support from Career Launchers in terms of recruitment, training, market research and analysis, and technology.
Virohan institute of health and management sciences provides professional paramedical courses.
These courses will train you to work as support technical staff like lab technicians, OT technicians, etc. in hospitals and other healthcare centers.
It also provides courses in hospital administration.
Virohan is one of the top training institutes in the healthcare industry.
It has introduced online courses for working professionals also.
If you are from a medical background and looking for business opportunities, then partnering with Virohan is a good possibility.
Virohan offers a franchise with an investment of up to INR 5 lakhs which includes the setup cost of the branch with all the infrastructure.
You get all the necessary certifications to start the franchise.
Partnering with Virohan can be a fruitful venture as they have enrollments around the year keeping the revenues flowing in.
12. CANTER CADD
Started in 2004, CanterCadd provides training on designing and drafting softwares. These are special softwares required in the field of engineering and architecture.
CanterCadd offers training for almost every engineering-based design softwares for eg. Autocad, Civil CADD, 3D Max, etc.
These courses are in high demand as they provide different and complex types of layouts in 2D, 3D, other multiple views, and more advanced drafting techniques.
Canter Cadd provides franchise support with advantages like;
- Lower inventory prices through group purchases.
- Complete support from Canter Cadd by sharing any business-related challenges by the franchisee.
- Necessary support in branding and marketing.
- Recruitment and training support
13. Career Power
Career Power is another emerging institute for coaching and preparing students for the government and other competitive exams.
They provide training through a wide range of course materials like test series, E-books, videos, etc. These course materials are based on meticulous research and study.
Its head office is based in Gurgaon and has more than 80 branches in PAN India. Career Power aims to grow its network further and provides franchise options with the below support;
- You get authorized Career Power branding for your institute.
- You become the exclusive branch owner in your city. Hence you will automatically attract all the admission inquiries for your city.
- You will have access to the internal ERP system managed by the institute for day to day running of the branch.
- Career Power will provide you with all the required course material for all the training programs.
14. Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics
IGIA is a leading training school for the aviation industry. It provides training programs for various jobs in the aviation sector including Pilot training, Air hostess training, Air ticketing, and travel management.
IGIA also offers training in hospitality and tourism.
With over 19 years of existence, IGIA has made a name for itself by providing top-class training based on rich industry experience.
Currently, IGIA has its branches in New Delhi, Chandigarh, Kotwal, Indore, and Rohtak. It plans to grow further and invites prospective franchisees with multiple revenue models.
The pre requisites for an IGIA franchise are;
- Space – 1000 sq ft to 1500 sq ft
- Franchise fee – as mentioned in the application form
Support provided by IGIA;
- Start-up of the center
- Recruitment and training support
- Supporting the launch of the center
- Marketing support.
15. Trade Scape
Trade Scape is one of the very few education platforms which provide training on the stock market. It conducts online and offline workshops creating awareness and teaching about the stock market from the basics to mastering the stock business.
It aims to train people on different aspects of the stock market, how one can study and analyze the stock market and wisely make a decision while dealing in stocks, also making it a career option for the learners.
Trade Scape conducts 5 days workshops periodically for the enrolled students.
Trade Scape offers franchise options in the form of licenses. In case you wish to partner with Trade Scape, you can buy the license and you will become the authorized partner to conduct the Trade Scape workshops using their business infrastructure, course materials, and other marketing materials.
This license is valid for 3 years and with this license, the licensee has the right to conduct any number of workshops without paying any royalty or yearly fee.
Trade Scape also offers a lifetime license at an additional cost.
You can find many more options for a franchise in the education industry as the pool of education is huge with several courses in different streams and areas.
Investing in the education industry is considered to be a wise and lucrative business idea as education is one segment that will never be out of demand. Even the pandemic has proved that while all other industries were put to a halt, education was one of the few sectors that kept running.
A1. It depends on the requirement of the franchisor and also the nature of the training institute. If the training provided is technical or of some expertise, then the franchisor may prefer franchisees with some background in the related stream.
Many institutes do not require any experience in the education sector for an education franchise.
Q2. Can I have a franchise of a company that already has a franchise in my city?
A3. It depends on the policy of the franchisor. If they want to expand more and open more franchises in the same city, then you can get a franchise. If the franchisor has a policy of only one franchise in one city then, you cannot have another franchise in the same city.
Q3. How profitable is a franchise in the education sector?
A3. Firstly the education segment is a segment that will never be out of demand. Secondly, normally the investment cost involved in an education franchise is not very high. Hence usually having an education franchise is usually a profitable business option.
Q4. Do I get back my franchise fee, if my franchise does not work well?
A4. There is no refund of the franchise fee in the case for any reason, the franchise doesn’t turn out to be profitable and the franchisee wants to close it. However, you have an option of not renewing the agreement.