Have you been looking to level up your English teaching skills? Are you someone with a dream of teaching English overseas? Do you wish that you could travel the whole world and have a great career? A TEFL course will get you there. TEFL or Teaching English As a foreign language is an internationally recognized qualification to teach English abroad. It is a vital component in your international job application.
Sitting at home and pursuing a level-up teaching course is something you must be wishing for the most. With the uncertainties of the pandemic and the bleak future that stays ahead, offline education has lost all its certainties. On the other hand, online education has saved the life of the educational sector to a great degree. Like every other course readily available in the online world, a teaching degree is also readily available not just with the preference of home comfort but also quality.
If you are aspiring to join in a TEFL teaching degree (TEFL Course Online), the following list will help find your safe place. All of the courses listed below are well-researched and holds student’s interest in providing quality education and greater job opportunity. Have a look at the following list and make a choice that suits your educational demand the best.
1. Henry Harvin
When talking about online education providers, Henry Harvin’s TEFL Course is the most sought-after. This is one of the largest online learning communities that have attracted thousands of students to its learning space. Easy to access, easy to learn, and easy to execute has made the learning hub has achieved a large space in the online community.
If you are anyone anxious about finding out the right choice in determining a better future, you must not worry; Henry Harvin, not just promises quality teaching services but also ensures internships. This 120-hours TEFL/TESOL online certification course will get you there where have always wished to. Brush up your English concepts to build a strong career for your future with Henry Harvin’s TEFL Course Online.
This is a 40hours interactive instructor-led course with 24 hours of Community sessions spread over 12 months. The learners get 50 hours of E-learning access with abundant teaching tools and techniques, assessments, video content, and more. The course is jam-packed with the benefit of unlimited batches for 1 year from the date of enrollment without any extra payment. This means a learner can attend the same course a number of times from different trainers over a year.
- Access to 1200+ Jobs in 20+ COUNTRIES GLOBALLY.
- American Association of EFL (AAEFL) Certification.
- Attend Unlimited Batches with different instructors for a year.
- Live projects+ Recorded Videos+ Internship+ Interview skills+ Weekly Job support + career services+ Access to E-Learning + 44 complimentary Modules + network with 23000+ distinguished alumni worldwide.
- 12+ Webinars to Brush-up the concepts.
- Mobile App Access to Moodle E-Learning Portal.
2. International TEFL Academy
If you are talking about TEFL Certification, you must have heard about International TEFL Academy. International TEFL Academy has educated over 5,500 English educators in over 25 locations all over the world and online in 2018 alone. Internationally accredited by several recognized organizations and an instructor-led classroom has enabled International TEFL Academy to win its way through learner’s requirements for a knowledge-packed and environment-friendly education.
ITA offers a realistic plan to achieve the study requirements for a TEFL certification. If you’re someone who is all caught with the fear of successfully crossing the bridge of TEFL certification requirement to settle overseas, ITA offers a guide from day 1 to make your journey less daunting. ITA was recognized as the winner of the GOAbroad.com Choice Award for Best International Organization in 2018 and the institution qualifies around 5,000+ people per year to teach English Overseas. The graduates have worked professionally in 80 countries worldwide allowing ITA to bag an A+ rating from the business bureau.
This is a 170- hour Online TEFL certification program that qualifies learners for teaching jobs online and overseas in over 80+ countries. ITA provides 150 hours of coursework and 20 hours of in-person training to make you eligible and confident to run a classroom online and in-person. This course is perfect for someone who wants to pursue a TEFL certificate part-time.
TEL offers 10-12 hours per week to help you carry your work or school simultaneously. Visit the ITA website for more details.
The hardest part of the whole process is the selection of the destination to begin your overseas teaching. ITA has ITA advisors on board to plan your process.
If you are set to teach English Abroad, just start the process with TEFL classes and you’ll find the way eventually.
- Earn a lifetime, accredited Online TEFL certification that qualifies the learners to apply for thousand of professional English teaching jobs in over 80+ countries all over the world.
- Work with the ITA advisor to plan your process. All the ITA advisors have worked overseas and have the experience firsthand. ITA understands you well.
- ITA has the best job search guideline in the industry. You’ll have the guide and support to find the best English jobs online& overseas.
- Learn from ITA university-level instructors online and In-person and join ITA’s exclusive community of travelers & teachers.
myTEFL, a proud community with its team and partners promises to make your TEFL certification journey exciting. With 35 years of combined TEFL experience, myTEFL makes a great choice for TEFL Course Online. Whether you are a total beginner or looking for upgrading your classroom management skills, myTEFL has a solution for all your queries.
myTEFL combines world-class teacher training with real job placements. It connects you with the employers eager to hire you. You can skip the job hunt and land directly with the top job providers who are on your toes to scoop up myTEFL grads.
This is a 120-hour course that comes in 4 reference categories- Basic with $139 USD for 40 hours and Advanced with $249 USD for 80 hours, Professional with $299 USD for 12 Hours.
Online teaching involves Master TEFL Instructor with $349 USD for 140 hours. Visit the website for more information.
- Accredited Internationally Recognized TEFL Certificate
- Official Letter of Recommendation with Course Breakdown
- Instructor-led & Tech Support With Personalized Feedback
- 24/7 Worldwide Access to Your Course Via Multiple Devices
- Charitable Contribution
- Free TEFL Job Placement Assistance For Life.
- Lifetime Course & Library Access
4. International TEFL and TESOL Training (ITTT)
International TEFL and TESOL Training was founded in 1993 and is the only online TESOL course provider that is accredited by the International Accreditation of TESOL Qualifying Organization. With the abundance of the necessary information and training of required skills and techniques needed to run a classroom, ITTT makes another great choice for you.
IIIT offers a variety of program structures- Online courses, In-class courses, and combined courses- adhering to the requirements of the participants but maintaining the good quality of the services. The courses are internationally accredited and meet international standards. You can turn your wish to teach and travel into reality with IIIT international TEFL course certification.
All the courses available will make you eligible for working or volunteering as an English language teacher at home or abroad.
IIIT also provides EFL/ESL teachers with all the skills and training required to be an updated and effective TESOL teacher. All the programs are 100% online with materials readily made available via email.
Online Course Options
60 hr TESOL/TEFL certificate course
* 120 hr TESOL/TEFL certificate course.
* 50 hr certificate in teaching young learners: CTEYL
* 50 hr certificate in teaching Business English: CTBE
* 140 hr TESOL/TEFL DVD certificate course.
* 250 hr Diploma: Diploma in TESOL.
- All course materials
- 24 hour Tutor support
- Internationally acclaimed certification
- Access to job providers worldwide
5. Asian College Of Teachers
Multiple Award Winning training organization and a 40,000 + Alumni base with 14 years of operation, Asian College Of teachers (AST) has effective and easy to apply teacher training services made available to meet any demand of an English teacher. If you are looking for becoming a teacher and searching for jobs abroad, AST places you in a good position to go forward with your vision. AST is currently operating in India and 15 others countries- UK, USA, India, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and others. You can easily apply for the courses from the comfort of your home.
A TEFL certification from a recognized TEFL course provider like Asia College of Teacher (AST) will help you acquire a lifelong opportunity to live and work overseas as EFL/ESL teacher.
AST conducts collaborative classes for anyone interested all across the globe from home comfort. Decide an area in Teaching Young Learners or Adults and plunge into live sessions with several trainers which radically foster peer interaction and collaborative learning.
Click any class of your choice and resume your TEFL journey virtually. Visit ACT official website to learn more about the courses.
- Course fee ranging from 8,000 INR- 45,000 INR (Taxes as applicable)
- Globally recognized certificates
- ACT TEFL courses are credited by TESOL Canada & TESOL USA
- Access to top job providers
- ACT promises a 100% placement guarantee
6. INTESOL WORLDWIDE
“Set free the Wanderlust in you and travel the long-desired destinations through the TESOL Teach and Travel Program,” says INTESOL WORLDWIDE. INTESOL is the oldest and reputed TEFL training institution that is writing its success stories for 23 years.
Catering not only to the demands of teacher trainers but also to understanding the requirements of an inclusive classroom, INTESOL has carefully organized its practices to rightly meet the demands of the teaching spectrum. The learners are induced with modern technologies and proven practices in the best manner which has gained INTESOL its instructional practices a global acceptance.
INTESOL does not provide an age limit and anyone above the age of 18 years can apply for TEFL certification. The learners do not need previous teaching experiences to apply for the courses.
TEFL courses include 120 Hour TEFL+ 150 Hour TESOL+ 180 Hour TESOL+350 Hour TESOL+ IELTS Training+ Teaching English to Young Learners + Teaching Business English. Each course is internationally recognized which opens pathways to teach any part of the world.
TEFL Online courses come with time flexibility allowing the learners to pursue the courses at their convenience with 24 hours support from a skilled tutor.
- Globally certified TEFL teacher training course
- Pursue an ALP, a reputed UK-based awarding organization credited TEFL course
- Pursue flexible TEFL course available in different: Online, In-person, and combination of both.
- Gain accessibility to the world of TEFL job networks
- Flexible study option with no time limit
- Highly qualified and trained instructor-led courses
- Job assistance is available to all the learners according to their preferences after the completion of the course
7. AP Teacher Training Institute
AP Teacher Training Institute offers both online and distance education. This TEFL online course is another option for someone who wants to travel the whole world and earn the living at the same time. AP Teacher Training Institute has well-designed its course to make you ready for teaching English language to non-native speakers.
The candidates applying for AATI are successfully placed in schools, institutions, and corporate sectors. AATI incorporates the latest methods of TEFL, grammar teaching, second language procurement, skills required for language development, diverse classroom management, and ESL Lesson planning.
Certificate in TEFL
Duration: 120hrs/ 4 months
Course Fees: USD 199 / Rs. 12,000 + GST
Diploma in TEFL
Duration: 200 Hours/ 6 months
Course Fees:USD 299 / Rs 18,000 + GST
PG Diploma in TEFL with One Specialization
This course is specially designed for teaching Young Learners or Business English.
Duration: 280 Hours/ 10 months
Course Fees: USD 399 / Rs 25,000 + GST
PG Diploma in TEFL / TESOL (Two Specialization)
This course is specially designed to teach Young Learners and Business English.
Duration: 360 Hours/ 12 months
Course Fees: USD 549 / Rs 35,000 + GST
High-End PG Diploma in TEFL / TESOL (5 Specialization)
This course is specially designed to teach Young Learners, Teaching Business English, Teaching Phonology, Teaching Grammar and Classroom Management
Duration: 540 hours/18 Months
Course Fees: USD 600 / Rs 40,000 + GST
Level: High End
- Learn without time and place restrictions
- Internationally acclaimed mentors. Academic mentors from North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East
- Certified courses
- Offers free support and updates
8. Oxford TEFL
Oxford TEFL was founded in the year 1998 and has successfully trained 5000 teachers since then. The expert trainer team on board is qualified with a minimum of DELTA/DipTESOL. Experts are themselves a part of the TEFL industry which makes it easy for the learners to understand the pathway to abroad teaching as coming from the firsthand experience of the trainers.
British Council accredited Cambridge CELTA and the Trinity Diploma in TESOL courses with other programs gaining little recognition beyond the city the course is offered.
Join Oxford TEFL Connect to boost your learning experience. Oxford TEFL Connect is a community of TEFL teachers and a go-to-place to discuss your challenges with like-minded people and receive guidance from experienced teachers. Oxford TEFL Connect is for all recently-qualified TEFL teachers or teachers who are looking for a way to brush up their skills and connect with other teachers around the world.
As an Oxford Candidate, you will surely find the road to TEFL careers with career mentors.
Online TEFL Starter
Cambridge CELTA (100% online, full-time)
Cambridge CELTA (100% online, part-time)
Cambridge CELTA in Barcelona
See all CELTA courses
- Prepare TEFL CV/Resume
- Engage in demo class preparation
- Get notified of new job vacancies. Join Oxford TEFL Jobs Facebook page to stay up-to-date
- Receive a list of employers worldwide
- Get Visa Support and work permits (if needed)
- Receive Oxford references into jobs- Oxford write a reference for you!
- Become a member of the Oxford TEFL Connect Community to connect with other teachers, receive links to participate in events, attend online workshops and webinars, find resources, or request a coaching session from the mentor. Oxford TEFL Connect has got it all covered.
Visit the Oxford TEFL website for more information on TEFL Online courses and Oxford TEFL Connect community benefits.
Fully credited and regulated by the UK and US Government, i-to-i is the number 1 provider of TEFL courses with 99% employment success with most TEFL teachers working worldwide.
To help you start your TEFL journey, i-to-i has come up with the concept of Pay in 2. Pay in 2 is basically a payment option offered by i-to-i to pay for a 420 Hour Advanced TEFL Diploma in two installments. The learners pay 50% of the initial payment that opens complete access to all the courses and materials. The rest 50% balance can be paid after 30 days of your joining.
TEFL Certificate: 180 Hours online ($270.00)
TEFL DIPLOMA: 300 Hours Online ($440.00)
TEFL Advanced Diploma: 420 Hours Online ($300)
- US Recognized Courses (DEAC –approved)
- FREE Study Guides
- Bank on highest paying jobs
- 100% online and available 24/7
- Make no delay and kick start your TEFL teacher journey today with i-to-i
10. International TEFL and TESOL Ltd
If you wish to work in countries like China or Vietnam, ITT TEFL Online certification will easily get you there. IIT will assist you with the whole process of legalizing your certificate for $40 to$200 depending on your requirement.
IIT (International TEFL And TESOL LTD) is a registered company in the UK. It also has affiliations in the US, Australia, Philippines, Canada, Thailand, South Africa, and 42 other countries.
ITT provides 5 specialized TEFL Online courses that you can complete with your time preference. Each module comes with texts, videos, quizzes, and your mentor to guide you through the courses. You can complete the courses at your own pace which means you must worry about losing access to the platform and material.
- Basic EFL/ESL Learning: 60 Hours with $65.00
- Advanced Learning: 120 Hours with $89.00
- Professional Teacher: 180 Hours with $119.00
- 200 Hours Teaching Practice: 200 hours with $219.00
- Government Regulated: 168 Hours with $209.00
- Learn how to train learn learners for Essay and Academic Writing.
- Learn Lesson planning and Classroom Management
- Learn how to teach online to a young learner.
- Learn the learning and teaching of phonics.
- Courses accredited and recognized worldwide.
- Guaranteed Job placement.
The above-mentioned list of TEFL Courses is in no order of preference. Please visit the websites for detailed information. However, this list will help you narrow your search and learn the course benefits of the known TEFL Course Online providers. Make no delay and set out on your adventure! Since time stays ahead to pack your bags and explore the world!
1. Why choose an online TEFL course?
Online courses come with 120 hours of a program which is a good option for the learners for its affordability and the course content that highlights easy-to-implement teaching practices, classroom management, English brush-up sessions, and access to good job providers to ensure immediate employment.
TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language whereas TESOL stands for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. In the US, both these terms are interchangeably used. However, TEFL is commonly used in the UK and TESOL in the USA.
3. Does TEFL certification improve my chances to teach abroad?
TEFL certification is a common requirement for teaching abroad. Even though many job providers do not explicitly ask for your TEFL certification but it definitely places you in a preferable position as a candidate compared to the candidates without TEFL certification.
4. Does TEFL certification expire?
TEFL certification is for life. It does not expire. You can use your TEFL certificate at any point in your life to apply for jobs.
120-hours TEFL / TESOL
Online Certification Course
Ranked No. 1 Course | 100% interview guaranteed | Live Online Instructor-led TEFL Training & Certification | AAEFL Certified TEFL Course | Qualify for 12,000+ jobs from 6+ countries | With over 100,000 English teaching positions opening every year, immerse into the market of 2 Billion English learners today.
TEFL Certification Online
Course in USA
Ranked No. 1 TEFL Certification Course in USA | 100% Interview Guaranteed | Online Certification course in USA | instructor-led training and certification program of TEFL | Qualify for 12000+ jobs from 6+ countries.
Post Graduate Program
Ranked No. 1 Course | 100% interview guaranteed | Live Online Instructor-led Post Graduate TEFL Training & Certification | AAEFL Certified Post Graduate Program in TEFL | Qualify for 12,000+ jobs from 6+ countries | With over 100,000 English teaching positions opening every year, immerse into the market of 2 Billion English learners today.Explore Popular Category