Table of Contents
The stock market is a broad term for referring to the assembling of various venues where selling, purchasing, and issuance of shares of public companies takes place. The financial activity is managed through regulated formal exchanges or through over-the-counter marketplaces that regulate under a defined set of regulations.
Deriving the term ‘Stock Market’
It is a financial instrument and is often interchangeable termed ‘stock exchange’ that is generally comprised as the subset for ‘stock market’. The stock market permits many purchasers as well as sellers of securities to meet, transact, and interact. It allows for the discovery of shares of corporations plus distributing it as the barometer for the overall economy.
As multiple market contributors compete for the best price, people must be assured of a high and fair market price as well as a high degree of liquidity.
The importance of the stock market index are as follows:
Aids in Stock-Picking:
Thousands of companies are listed on the exchange in the share market. It is difficult to pick the appropriate share to invest and is challenging to sort the stocks. Benchmarking is very crucial to differentiate between the stocks and sorting for stocks with the company classification based on various characteristics such as sector, industry type, etc.
Function as a representative:
Equity investment is a risk, but one should always make a knowledgeable decision. Studying individually about the stock seems inappropriate but indices help in filling the knowledge gap and affects the decision-making among the investors. In India, NSE, Nifty, and the BSE function as the benchmarking indices.
Peer Comparison Parameters:
The assessment of stocks must confirm if it is benefiting, he/she by adding to the portfolio, and worthy of one’s money. The performance of the stocks can judge by the underlying index comparison. Stocks give higher returns than the index. It has outperformed the index and, if the stock return is lower then it is said to have underperformed the index.
Investor’s sentiments are reflected:
Investor sentiments should always be kept in mind when participating in the equity markets. The rise and fall in prices of the stocks must know to invest in the right stock. Indices help to gauge the mood of the investors. The participant’s sentiments should recognize a particular sector plus across all market capitalization.
Helps in Passive Investment:
Passive investment refers to building a portfolio in the investment of securities that replicates the stock index. Investors choose to invest in index portfolios to cut the cost of research and stock selection. The investor’s portfolio shows a resemblance to the Sensex, then the portfolio will deliver 8% returns when Sensex will earn 8%.
To become a good trader with full knowledge about short-, mid-and long-term investments. The stock market course teaches skills and tactics to apply in trading to lower down the risks and increase the profits in the stock market.
The dos and don’ts to develop the skills of the stock market taught in institutions through the online and offline markets.
Henry Harvin Education:
Henry Harvin provides Stock Market Specialist Course by experts in the stock market. The expert professional teaches, ‘What is the stock market?’, ‘How can your skills in the stock market make you wealthy?’, ‘What is the salary in the stock market?’.
The trainers make you gain practical knowledge to analyse capital markets and learnings about the Indian stock market and IPOs.
The complete course is designed for beginners as well in an extensive manner to build an understanding of how the stock market functions. You learn the insights of financial market terms that include Equities, Technical analysis, Stock market, fundamental analysis, etc.
The benefits of learning stock market are:
- Every trainee will learn Indian Stock markets from scratch
- You understand different approaches to Stock Investments
- You will analyse Companies, Financial statements, learn ratio, and Balance sheets
- Experts teach us to understand and develop the derivatives and futures
- They will make us understand the concepts Technical Analysis
- Trainers will help us acquire the practical exposure of technical tools for analysis
- You learn the investment and risk management of debt and equity
The career benefits of the stock market course are:
- Students get the exposure to stock market jobs in global market
- They will help us get hired by Stock market firms
- Trainers make all the trainees acquire high paid stock market salaries as a Freelance and Full-time professional after the completion of stock market course successfully
- Students receive professional development will improve CV and LinkedIn profile
- Their distinguishing profile with peers and get promoted to most in-demand skills
The batches are in two modes:
Self-paced: Lifetime access to the library and customer 24*7 support with lifetime upgrade option
Live virtual classroom: It includes everything in the self-paced course and additional live monitoring by industry experts. The flexible schedule, Unlimited live session access to webinars, weekly boot camp sessions, and lifetime access to recordings of all batches.
Other courses from Henry Harvin Education:
IFMC provides the online stock market course for traders with the short-term program and for people who wants to learn share trading in 2 months or less. It is governed by the representatives who act as IFMCians. The courses here are for careers in Stock market Analyst, Technical Analyst, Equity Analyst, Research Analyst, NSE, BSE, NCSM and NISM certification and other finance professional courses for this sector.
The course includes:
- Stock market basics
- Tools and techniques to invest in the stock market
- Different types of stock market
- Plan of action to get profitability of trade
- Psychology involved in trading
The online stock market is 36 hours course with video tutorials and the segment is divided into 4 different modules:
- Beginner level stock market
- Trading options by Sr. Research Analyst
- Uni-Directional trade strategies (UTDS)
- Technical analysis course
The feature of the IFMC Institute online stock market course is:
They help develop the understanding the basics of the stock market, equity derivatives, IPO, and Indian Stock exchange
Trainees get basic insights of stock market investment with live examples
Students will understand legal framework to stock trading in Nifty, NSE, BSE, SENSEX as per the SEBI and RBI mandate
Trainers will provide the understanding of essential techniques of risk management and profit maximisation for knowledgeable traders
Experts will teach determination of commodities, profitable stocks, and options one requires derive the meaningful insights with the stock trading strategies and technical tools
The lucrative salary of a stock trader:
The average salary of a beginner in the field of stock trading is ₹ 3,15,278/ year to ₹ 7,08,830/ year.
The standard jobs provided to one with at least a bachelor’s degree that is usually the highest degree of education for stock market investors.
On the other hand, there is no limit to the earning of a stock trader it can be as low as digits in hundreds to higher as lakhs but for becoming a trader with higher earnings one should have great stock market skills.
The eligibility considered in the stock market is the minimum qualification required to become a stockbroker/trader is graduation with 2 years experience in a stock broking company whereas, a sub-broker needs to qualify 12th standard career in the stock market after 12th to be eligible for the job. The age requirement of the candidate is a minimum of 21 years.
Few of the stock market skills includes:
Stop-loss is a technique used in the stock market that authorizes to cut losses while trading. So, when we put stop loss norm to a definite price of a stock, it makes the stock being sold when it hits the rate that is below stop-loss price level.
Thorough Background Research and Verification:
Stock trading provides offers quick money, but it requires thorough research and verification backing up the company.
The skill set of the stock trading is through trading metrics, charts, oscillators, monitoring volume, ratios, and many similar signals that require extensive training.
Returns are resilient, more so when one is purchasing or selling on the same day. Perhaps proper research and up-gradation of stock market skills are essential.
Monitoring your investments regularly:
It is a most important quality to become a successful stock market trader are to monitor the expenditure or portfolio on the regular basis. Monitoring it on a regular basis helps with selling the stocks immediately if one thinks prices are likely to increase in the future. The daily financial activity decides the position of the profit or loss in financial condition.
Monitoring your investments regularly:
It is the basic and most important requirement if one is interested and makes more money in choosing their career as a stock market investor. The decision taken impulsively can become the reason for a huge loss.
Avoid group thinking:
Thinking like the other can be the dangerous mistake one can make in stock market trading while purchasing or selling a stock. In the financial market, the goal of a trader is always different from the other.
The most essential skills required for becoming a successful Stock Market Trader are as follows:
Market Research is the process of collecting information related to consumers’ needs and desires. It takes place systematically by analysing both qualitative and quantitative data. Market research helps in targeting the consumer/market and it fills the gaps with potential consumer expectations.
Market research skills that will help a Stock market trader resume:
- Trader needs to research their market to create new business opportunities, closed potential leads and, seeking new clients
- Researching stocks and analysing for bigger money-making probability
- In general market research increases company stocks portfolio to around 300% because it has prepared plan of action for investment, using precise financial analysis
- Build familiarity with the market trader will make a comprehensive market research daily to learn current market trends and technologies
The financial statement is the detailed report inclusive of information about the declared assets, income uses of money and, the contribution of shareholders for a certain period.
Some points that help stock market trader’s resumes:
- Analyse the financial statement of public stock trading companies
- Investments keeping financial ratios, financial reports and, stock performance
- Assess financial statements based on trends and liabilities that helps in developing critical strategies
Technical and Analysis:
Technical analysis forecasts activity in financial markets such as investment opportunities and stock prices with the use of charts, statistics, and past data. This method of fundamental analysis focuses on the current financial situation of a company or investment.
Here is how technical analysis helps in developing a stock trader’s resume:
- Conduct technical and fundamental analysis before taking an investment decision
- Use level based technical analysis strategies to develop stock and future trading
- Determine stock market fluctuation through technical and fundamental analysis
- Technical and fundamental analysis for conducting trade upon assessment
- Grow and hone stock market skills in technical and fundamental analysis
It is very crucial for Business, Finance, and Economics because it helps in making an informed decision as it entails the analysis and measurement of factors that are concerned with Finance, Business, and the Economy.
Here are stock market skill development that helps the trader:
- Utilising fundamental and technical analysis to initiate trading which has gross profit of up to 10% per month
- When purchasing and selling stocks via electronic trading platform one should utilize fundamental and technical analysis
- Determine daily moves for corporate stability and potential momentum one will have to conduct fundamental analysis
- Identify equities that gives potential of trading opportunity on daily basis by fundamental and technical analysis
- Search and conduct fundamental analysis of, and trade large cap, medium cap, microcap securities
Here’s how Income develops stock market trader:
- Prevent and minimise exposure to fixed minimum buy-ins and domestic equity
- Analyse Balance sheets, Income statements and fundamentals to determine the long term and short-term investment potential of the companies
- Peruse trade stock and stock reports via Internet to derive highest income
- Manage own personal account for investment, bonds, trading stocks, and options of capital growth and income
- Increase income supplementary every year
Market condition is the attributes and the situation of an identified market to the global market at a given time.
The conditions are indicators that numerous uses to influence their decision. The favourable circumstances facilitate business creation, growth, job search, and return on investment.
Here’s how market condition helps boots a stock market investor resume:
- Use monitored trends, news and data services while comprehending the risks. Research daily market trends to evaluate its impacts
- Provide best analysis of market condition by gathering key data, creating reports, and analysing trends
- Determine the right opportunities to buy and sell stocks by analysing market trends
- Scrutinise market condition with the help of social and economic data
- Examine market conditions in attempt to fund market opportunities and manage train trading account in order to minimise risk and maximise return
These Investment Strategies that helps in upgrading stock trader’s resume:
- Implement long and short-term investment strategies determining the current market trends and interpret the company’s financials
- Learn to build relationship with industry experts in order to gain information on investment strategies and further business knowledge
- Propose and facilitate meetings with the investors to explore investment strategies
- Provide global market report and investment strategies weekly
- Develop and execute investment strategies utilise fundamental stock selection with a quantitative and statistical covering
Futhermore, there are a few basic skills that are a prerequisite before entering every field of career, especially the stock market.
- Strong communication
- Quick Adaptability
- High patience level
- Confident and disciplined
- Critical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Logical thinking
- Good business acumen
- Problem solving
- Keen Observer
- Strong mathematical skill
- Analytical thinking
- Great networking skills
Few things required to become a stock trader expert in India, such as:
Being strict with your stop loss:
If you are losing any money, then cut losses and take a break from the market. Additionally, if winning great profits set a proper stop loss in order to protect the profits for when market goes down in future.
It is easy to have an urge to whip all the quick money in buying big and fancy stuff or putting money in some bogus stock when we see it is going up.
However, we have to keep in mind that this stock can be worthless as there is a change in the financial situation and, it is high because of market manipulations. They should have an understanding of investing in a good stock for the long term.
Learn from the loss:
If someone loses money in the market then it is because of our their own mistakes. We have to make sure that doesn’t repeat the same mistake ever again.
People borrow heavily from others to maximise their profits. Sometimes it gives profit but can also lead to massive loss if the market cycle turns otherwise. This can result in financial as well as mental issues and can destroy the personal lives of people.
Don’t act if you are not sure:
If not sure about the movement of the stock market you should not act in a hurry. So, it is good to be a passive observer than to participate in the market.
Limit the number of stocks:
You must ensure that your firm holding does not have more than 20 stocks, and make sure the stocks are from different industries to protect the firm’s portfolio in order to minimise the chance of losing your money.
Read a lot:
There are a lot of good books available about a stock market investment that helps in updating the knowledge.
Don’t use numerous investment strategies:
If comfortable enough with one buying and holding strategy then, you should use the same one for all the stocks. Additionally, if you choose different strategies every time this might create confusion about strategy.
Remain discipline and patient:
Whatever the market condition, you should remain patient and disciplined. If the market is down at some time you should not go out in the market. The panicking only makes things worse so, you should wait for the market to rise.
Choose stocks based on your risk profile:
You should always look at your risk portfolio before buying the stocks and, instead of just looking at the returns they are generating. If not sure and comfortable with the high inconsistencies of the small-caps and, mid-caps in the market capitalisation then you should not invest.
Future of Stock market as a career
According to several studies, the world is expecting India to grow in the stock market and touch the 5 trillion-dollar mark in 2025 which makes it obvious that it is and will bring huge jobs with lucrative salaries to the market.
A stock trader is one who attempts to make profits by buying and selling the securities like stock shares in the market.
The requirement is to become a stock market is graduation and a minimum of 2 years of experience as a stock trader but there are several institutions that provide online and offline courses to make a field expert.
As a beginner, the average salary of a stock trader is between 2-3 lakhs per annum.
The stock market career is stressful and fast pacing but if you adapt to the changes and focus on the action quickly it will help in growing in this field.
To retain in this field you should have strong communication, analytical thinking, and interpersonal skills.