Table of Contents
Are you searching for a Korean Language courses in India? Search No more!
The Korean language ranks 18th as the most used language in the world. There’s been a notable increase in demand across the countries for learning the language for various good reasons.
The big spike is primarily due to the booming economy, growing relations between Indo-Korea since the 21st century, higher studies opportunities, employment opportunities, business, travel, cultural aspect, etc.
Why should you opt for learning the Korean Language: Fame & Credibility
You must have heard about the growing popularity of K-Pop, K-Drama, K-Movie, Kimchi, K-Beauty all of it which lead to what is termed the “Korean Wave”. Other highlights are:
- Known for the highest-paid language jobs, opening scopes for career prospects many prefer to study the Korean Language.
- Korea by nominal GDP (Gross development Product) claims to be the 4th largest economy in Asia and the 10th largest in the world.
- Since, It’s one of the nations that is notable for its emergence of economic development from an underdeveloped nation to a developed, high-income country in just a few generations.
- Recognized as the global leader in innovation and technology.
The above highlights give you enough reason to be hunting for providers of Top Korean Language Courses in India.
However, I suggest you join the institute which has good credibility and has proven for delivering results.
Top 12 Korean Language Courses in India
As India values cross-culture and states like Pune, Bangalore, Mumbai are home to many foreigners. Being more of a cosmopolitan city provides many opportunities to learn Korean Language Courses in India.
Let me list down the providers of the Top 12 Korean Language Courses in India:
Henry Harvin Education is one of the top renowned institutes. It ranks among the top 500 Global EdTech Companies & among the Top 100 EdTech Companies in India. It has over 200+ courses, 500+ award-winning trainers, 3,00,000+ alumni, 900+ business-to-business clients.
Henry Harvin recognized as a career and competency development institute is also known for its Online University with 200+ programs for Upskilling and Reskilling.
Having said that if you’re considering learning Korean Language Courses in India, Henry Harvin would be an ideal place to seek.
They serve the best platform for learning Korean Language Courses by providing three levels, Beginner level, Intermediate level, and Advanced level.
- Designed to comprehend topics and Lexis
- Aims to coach you on grammatical concepts to enhance and upgrade your skills.
- Will also assist you in speaking the Korean language.
- Different levels of test – TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) which measures the ability of non-native speakers.
- This test enables you to test and measure your proficiency in redlining, writing, and listening comprehension.
- Three levels of tests provided are:
- Beginners Level 1 & 2 – has two sections that provide reading and listening to the basic Korean vocabulary grammar and more of the Korean Language.
- Intermediate Levels 3 & 4 – deal with the Korean Language which also comprises three sections – reading, listening, and writing.
- Advanced Levels 5 & 6 – deals with skills of reading, writing, listening to sentence structure, and formation plus touch based on the vocabulary in a wider sense.
- 56 hours – Level 1 & 2
- 66 hours – Level 3 & 4
- 66 hours – Level 5 & 6
Yes (Issues Certificate that’s recognized by the Government of India)
100% guaranteed placement
(Note: Added advantage of boot camps, free access to hackathons and competitions, One-year golden membership to access training courses)
Henry Harvin also provides these courses
Cities in India where Henry Harvin Korean Language Course is Provided:
The Korean Language Courses in India program by IGNOU facilitates with basics of the Korean Language at a beginner’s level. The objective is to introduce learners to the basics of Korean grammar and phonetics so that they can read, write and speak Korean in an accurate and fluent manner.
The module is designed as a bilingual (Korean/English) medium and has Self Learning materials that are integrated with audio and visual components which will further enhance the learner’s capacity.
- Self-learning Material is specifically designed for the learners of the Korean language and culture
- Designed keeping in mind the requirements of today’s learners, so it’s relevant to this generation.
- Audio and Video help in understanding better
- Includes some interesting activities for practicing oral communication.
- Dialogues and texts have been included for understanding the expressions more efficiently.
6 months to 2 years
Yes (6 to 8 weeks)
Yes (has its own placement cell known as CPC)
3.Institute of Universal Languages & Education
IULE, Bangalore, is definitely one to be considered because they offer courses for beginners and advanced learners to learn the basics of reading, writing conversing, addressing the big conferences, official meetings, presentations, etc. So we know the detailed curriculum that should be in place.
They pay detailed attention to the students by equipping them with good vocabulary, grammar, and practical use of language. Hence considered one of the good providers of Korean Language Courses in India.
- In-house Staffing solutions for Korean speaking professionals
- Korean Language Translation Service in Bangalore is provided
- Korean Language Interpretations service is also made available in Bangalore
- Qualified professors who are well versed in the subject
- Korean Translators are linguistics experts with in-depth knowledge in the field of science, finance, business, IT, electronics, and other business fields so working professionals can relate and have their queries answered without difficulty
- They recruit only the best and from competent speakers that fit into their organization’s culture.
6 months to 2 years
Yes (Campus recruitment organized)
4.Christ Universities (Department of Languages)
They offer courses for non-native speakers to learn basic Korean Languages. It enables the students to create their own conversations while also giving a peek into the rich culture and civilization of Korea.
They ensure that the students will be able to be efficient, introduce themselves, order at the restaurant, buy things from a local store, make phone calls, can converse easily without difficulties about their daily activities, and also to commute, use the metro, and many more.
This gives you enough confidence to live and sustain yourself. Not all providers of Korean Language Courses in India give this extensive coverage.
- Their curriculum is divided into Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
- Focuses on four lessons on the Korean writing system – Part 1
- Entirely focuses on four preparatory lessons, where each contains two conversation tasks and two contain communicative tasks which introduce the speaking dimension – Part 2
- Aims to focus on six core lessons, each containing about three conversational tasks and two communicative tasks as well as related reading and listening comprehensive activities to further enhance the learner’s communication skills – Part 3
- Therefore it enables the student to read, write, converse, and make your stay with ease.
45 hours (Level 1 & Level 2)
5. Prizma Academy Language House
They are a well-renowned foreign language institute that provides online foreign language courses such in German, French, Japanese, Spanish, and many more. Whether your purpose is to study or work abroad or simply want to explore different cultures or learn a new language, you will find courses to assist you on your way.
These courses are designed for people who want to do business in other countries as well. And for students preparing for AP language exams and for people that simply want to enhance their grammar and writing skills.
The virtual classroom of Prizma academy enables the student and the trainers to meet online and learn the language with the help of integrated audio and webcam tools making it convenient for seekers of Korean Language Courses in India
- The faculty members are experienced and hold a master’s degree or higher and a Korean teacher’s certificate.
- They follow the method of continually researching and developing textbooks and teaching methods for efficient instruction.
- Online and Classroom options are available
- Live classes are conducted in a real-time environment and student – focuses communicative teaching methodologies.
- The study material and classroom activities are customs designed for the requirements of the students in a bach
- Continuous monitoring and modification according to progress.
3 weeks & 10 weeks course
Yes (only on 100% completion)
6. Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI), University
It’s a central university located in New Delhi, India. Established in 1920 and moved to Okhla in 1935. Since its reputation goes back decades its proven its value in providing deliverables, so it does top the list not only if you are considering Korean Language Courses in India but also for various other programs.
- Jamia Millia Islamia has ranked 438 out of 1100 universities worldwide according to the Round University Ranking
- Stands 3rd among TOp 25 Central universities and 17th among 100 universities by Outlook
- Owns many centers & research centers as well
- NAAC Accredited A++ grade
7. Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
Named after our First Prime minister, JNU was established in 1969, its top-ranked central university spread over the Aravali range in New Delhi. It’s recognized and accredited to a lot many institutions across the country. Even in Defence, research and development, Military etc.
Won the “Best University” award in the year 2017. Because of limited seats and its reputation, getting admission could be pretty challenging. However, JNU has a specially formulated program, so is one of the most sought-after programs for people seeking Korean Language Courses in India.
- The centre for Korean studies i.e CKS is a separate unit of the school of Language, literature, and culture studies at JNU
- Its the biggest academics provider center of Korean languages courses in India
- Offers B.A, M.A, M.Phil, and Ph
- Tuff competition with limited seats, only one attempt to single entrance exam will be conducted and the seat is available only to the person who clears it, such good is the reputation
Yes (Placement cell Available)
8. Manipur University
The Manipur Institute of Technology was established in the year 1998by the government of Manipur as a Pioneer Engineering College in the state. MIU is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)MHRD, Government of India.
- They have a good placement opportunity and placement cell.
- Well equipped human and physical infrastructure
- Aims at providing good education catering to the needs of society by imparting knowledge and enhancing growth.
- Has produced many political leaders, teachers, civil servants, lawyers, journalists, engineers, etc so you can imagine the quality of imparting the course
- Well structured module makes MIU have more registrations for Foreign Languages including enrolling for Korean Language Courses in India
3 Years Degree (6 semesters, 2 each year)
Yes (Placement cell Available)
9. The English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU)
EFLU is a center of excellence in the field of English and Foreign Language. It’s considered one of the best universities in India so if you want to become a Linguistic professional or an English language professional too, EFLU will be the right institution to opt for.
They offer many foreign language courses like Arabic, Persian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Russian from beginners certificate level i.e zero level to Ph. This gives reason enough to stand out, hence why you should consider taking Korean Language Courses in India.
- Since they provide zero level for beginners to Ph, you can opt to join for any level
- 1 year / part-time advanced diploma in proficiency course facility
- Hostel facilities are available for men and women
- Has many centers, you get a chance to choose which is convenient
- Provides intensive courses for teachers, linguistics, Literature, and Interdisciplinary and cultural studies.
3 Years Degree
Yes (Placement cell Available)
10. Central University of Jharkhand
The Central University of Jharkhand is established by an act of the parliament in India in 2009. They envisage establishing and incorporating universities for teaching and research in the various states.
The vision and mission are very inspiring and genuinely go about education with the motive of imparting knowledge. This would be the very reason to make them successful so it’s another institute that you can consider the best provider of Korean Language courses in India.
- Aim to disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities.
- Make special provisions for integrated courses in humanities, social sciences, science, and technology in its educational programs
- Take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in the teaching-learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research
- They educate and train manpower for the development of the country
Certificate Course – 6 months / PG – 1 year / Masters – 5 year
Yes (Placement cell Available)
11. Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Language Academy (IITT)
By pursuing the program, you’ll become proficient in your speaking and writing abilities, as it’s designed to keep the students in mind to master the language quickly and effortlessly to make advancements in their careers.
- Structured instructional materials, live streaming videos, unique learning methods,24*7 online support from the expert faculties team, and audio-video sessions.
- Basic – introduces you to fundamental elements of the language, encompasses learning modules on syntax, sentence formation, phonetics, accent, and much more, and beginners will find the course extremely beneficial.
- Diploma- shifts to advanced learning modules, develops grammatical accuracy, extends your vocabulary skills and proficiency, virtual and passive lessons.
- Advanced Diploma- for professionals, the program integrates audio-visual sessions, introduction to new words and phrases and expression enhancing vocabulary, extensive grammar(noun, verb, adverb, pronoun, preposition, vowel, articles, tenses, etc)
12.iB Language Classes – A Premier Institute of Languages
It has been an amazing foreign language center to provide career opportunities for passionate learned. They have excellent and dedicated faculties who are dry honest and awesome at teaching.
- Offers innovative, flexible, and cost-effective.
- Lowest cost
- Free counseling for language career
- Training by experienced experts in respective fields
- Online and offline classes
- Optimum learning with minimum cost
6 Levels – 3 to 4 months each Level
Yes, upon completion
Scholarships for Indian Students to study in South Korea
If you are seeking to get a scholarship to study in Korea, there are Scholarship opportunities are available for those students who enrolled in the programs.
- Korean Scholarship 2022 – The Korean government scholarship program (KGSP) is an initiative that is jointly designed by the Korean Government and the Government of India.
- 2022 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) – It’s an initiative by the South Korean Govenment to provide scholarships for students.
- Kookmin University Scholarship – designed by the Koran Government to provide for higher education in Korea for international students with the aim of promoting international exchange in education, as well as mutual friendship amongst the participating countries.
- Asian Pacific Fund Scholarship – 12 scholarship programs to provide financial support to undergraduates and graduate students
- Critical Language Language Scholarship (CLS) Program – by the U.S.Department of State, fully funded overseas.
- Foundation for Asia Pacific Education Scholarship – monetary awards to the U.S and Canadian students.
- Freeman Awards for Study in Asia – need-based funding administered by IIE, Freeman-ASIA for college students
You can get it also from:
- National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y) Program
- The Undergraduate Korean Government Scholarships
- Yonsei University scholarships for undergraduate program
- The global Korean Scholarship program
- Korean Government scholarship program
- Seoul National University scholarship for Graduates and undergraduates.
Scope & Career Opportunities after learning the Korean Language Courses in India
The Korean Language is increasingly significant on the world stage because of South Korea’s powerful economy, geopolitical importance, and growing recognition in Asian culture.
So, let me list down some benefits and career opportunities underling in learning the Korean Language Courses in India:
- Interpreter & Translator Career choice
- A profession as a Korean Teacher
- Jobs opportunities in Korean Organizations
- Export & Import business
- Jobs in the Travel, Tourism, and Hospitality industry
- Education, Training & Research in South Korea
- Korean Tutors
- As Korean YouTuber
- Aviation Industry
- Content Writer & Editor careers
Whether a business visit, vacation or just learning a new language Korean language is to be highly considered with added advantages of understanding the culture and concepts, Better travel experience, Open new opportunities, Preparedness to make a career, etc.
Compelling reasons to learn the Korean Language Courses in India from a reputed Institute.
- Academic support & career choices
- Well structured curriculum
- Recognized certificate
- Internship opportunities
- Guaranteed Placement
- Cost and Fee value
- Integrated learning helps in the application
- A better understanding of Korean Cultural and Conceptualization
- Accelerate career growth opportunity
- Korean wave – Cultural aspect awareness
- Transfer or Employment in South Korea
The deepening ties and growing interrelationship between South Korea and India have proved beneficial in increasing the scope, prospects, business engagements, tourism, career opportunities, and economy in many ways.
In fact, there has been a tremendous rise in demand for Korean Language experts in many international organizations in India as well as globally. In addition to this, from a phase of being underdeveloped to a well-developed country, South Korea is no doubt a good place to consider for growth but also keeping in mind its high cost of living.
- How to learn the Korean language
- Top 30 Korean Language Interview Questions and Answers
- Korean Language – Scope and Benefits in India
Q.1. Is learning the Korean Language easy?
Ans. Yes, if you want to learn the alphabet and manners, then it is simple and easier to learn.
Q.2. Can I learn the Korean Language by myself?
Ans. Of course, you can. Listed below are tried and tested simple ways to learn the
~Master the Hangul. (Hangul is the Korean Alphabet)
~Plan a good learning system and be dedicated
~Create and use flashcards
~Joining language exchange communities will quicken your learning
~Watch plenty of Korean channels (dramas, movies, YouTube videos)
~Listen to your favourite K-Pop artist or discover an artist and follow
~Build confidence and increase the efficiency of vocabulary with loanwords.
Q.3. what are the best and free apps that will help in learning the Korean Language quickly?
Ans. Lingo Deer, Duolingo, Drops: Learn Korea, Memrise, HelloTalk Language exchange, Learn Korean phrases and Words, KORLINK Talk to Me in Korea (TTMIK) and Mondly.
Q.4. Is learning the Korean Language in demand?
Ans. In India as well as globally there is a rising and tremendous demand for Korean Language experts in many International Companies, Educational institutes, the Aviation industry, Military, Travel, and Tourism industry, Import, and Export businesses, etc.
Q.5. What is the basic requirement for getting a job in South Korea?
Ans. A university degree is the basic required qualification for many good jobs opportunities for foreigners in South Korea. If your from India then you will have to have your Indian degrees and documents apostilled by the legalization office for it to be recognized in South Korea.
Q.6. Eligibility criteria for learning the Korean Language?
Ans. 10+2 class is required for a degree, however, you can also take up a short course depending on the need after the 10th grade.