Unless you’re in the business world, you probably won’t know what six sigma is or why it is so important. Six sigma is a tool that large and very profitable companies have been using to help their businesses run better than ever before. It was developed to aid companies in reducing waste and it has helped many save millions of dollars since its inception.
No matter what your business is, chances are that six sigma can help. The six sigma concepts can be applied to just about every department. It has been successfully used on production, sales, marketing, design and administration and service. Six sigma is used most often to help eradicate company defects through its use of business, statistic and engineering principles.
Your whole company needs to embrace the concepts of six sigma for it to work properly. If your people are willing to learn it and apply it skillfully to their jobs, you will find that your costs will be reduced by 50% or more. Six sigma will also help you to understand your customer’s needs better and more efficiently. It improves performance and delivery and will make great internal improvements.
Six sigma is a tool that all savvy business people should learn to keep ahead of the game. Many people are learning about six sigma and putting it to use in their own companies because of its high success rate. You can hire a six sigma master to come in and help your company adapt to the changes but you cannot expect that person to do it all on their own. It will take a company-wide acceptance and readiness to implement this new and exciting plan. You will find that once you have begun six sigma in your office, the benefits will far outweigh any initial reluctance.
1. It helps in reducing risk, error’s in an organization.
2. It assists in understanding present standard practices in the industry, which helps in maintaining product quality & services.
3. Helps in learning Multivariate tools like waste reduction, stream mapping etc.
4.Gives exposure to different components and concepts like chi-square table, ANOVA, contingency table etc.
1. White belt – Helps in understanding basic and specifics of the certification, teaches where and how to apply it.
2. Yellow belt – Teaches different aspects of six sigma training.
3. Green belt – Teaches about analyzing and understanding the project.
4. Black belt – Expert.
5. Master black belt – Master strategist.