What is Agile Project Management ?
Agile Methodology is a very popular approach in project management to software development employing the collaborative effort of self-organizing and cross-functional teams based on constant inputs from the customer.
The methodology emphasizes adaptive planning, evolutionary development, early delivery, and continual improvement, and it encourages flexible responses to change.
It was popularized by the Manifesto for Agile Software Development which was influenced by many pre-existing software development frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban.
1. Agile Project Management Training & Certification Program (ICAN) by Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin® is a leading career and competency development organization that focusses on training, skill development, content services, and higher education.
Henry Harvin Management Academy helps upskill professionals with key skills. These skills are imparted through hands-on learning solutions that are designed by subject matter experts with extensive industry experience. The company is ISO 29990:2010 Certified Recognition from UKAF, UK Cert, AAEFL & MSME.
Henry Harvin Management Academy aims to function in its outreach geographies and upskill 200,000 managers till 2020
Agile Project Management Training & Certification Program (ICAN)
This Agile Project Management Certification program has been exclusively designed by professionals working in international firms across San Francisco, Colombo, Melbourne, and Hong Kong. The program is delivered by Industry Professionals having 10+ Years of experience as practitioners of Agile Project Management with International Companies.
• The key concepts of Agile software development, Agile Project Management, Agile Development, and Agile Project Delivery.
• Differences between traditional project delivery and Agile methodology.
• Expert level Knowledge and best practices in Scrum terminologies and their applications.
• Project Alignment and product development as per customers’ requirements.
• Gain expertise in new and on-time delivery approaches for projects.
• Comprehend to apply best practices to leverage the Scrum methodology.
• Master the skill of breaking down project work into smaller and more manageable pieces.
• Producing various Sprint artifacts: product backlog, sprint backlog, product increment, burn up and burn down charts, etc.
• Estimation of time, cost, and budget in Agile testing.
• Live Projects during training.
• 16-Hours Online Training covering agile project management strategies, principles, and implications.
• 1-Year Membership of Henry Harvin Academy.
• Free Monthly Brush-up Sessions.
• Study Material.
• Access to the Learning Management System (LMS).
• Recorded Videos of the Session.
• Internship: Guaranteed Internship with Henry Harvin or partner firms.
• Job Opportunities: weekly 10+ job opportunities offered.
Cost: INR 9500/- (This fee includes applicable 18% GST)
Also, check- PMP Plus course
Project Management Institute (PMI) is the world’s leading association for those who consider project, program, or portfolio management their profession.
The institute that recently celebrated its 50th anniversary is held in high worldwide. Through global advocacy, collaboration, education, and research, they have worked to prepare more than three million professionals around the world.
They are a leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the project management profession
The institute offers eight certifications, including the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification which is renowned as the global gold standard.
The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) is one of the fastest-growing Agile Project Management Certification programs across the globe.
This Agile Project Management certification program is created by agility for agility. It formally recognizes your knowledge of agile principles and your skill with agile techniques.
The PMI-ACP encompasses various methodologies to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP), and test-driven development (TDD.). This program is sure to hone your project management skills and increase your versatility across projects.
- The certification exam has 120 multiple-choice questions
- The exam is for 3 hours.
- You must earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in agile topics every three years to maintain your certification
- You need to have a minimum of 21 contact hours of training in agile practices and 12 months of general project experience within the last 5 years to be able to apply.
- Also, another pre-requisite is 8 months of agile project experience within the last 3 years
3. APMG International
The (APM Group) International is one of the most esteemed global accreditation and examination institute.
APMG has been accrediting organizations across the world for numerous professional certification schemes past 10 years. APMG International has emerged as a leading Agile Project Management Certification provider, with over 130,000 exams sat worldwide.
APMG’s certification schemes, exams, and accreditation services help organizations and professionals to maximize their effectiveness. The institute provides digital badges to successful candidates for display on social media and online communications.
Some of the Agile Project Management Certification programs offered are :
-Agile Programme Management (AgilePgM®)
-Agile Project Management (AgilePM®)
-AgileBA (Agile Business Analyst)
Agile Project Management (AgilePM®)
AgilePM training and certification is based on the AgilePM Handbook, published by the Agile Business Consortium.
The Handbook is a comprehensive collection of practical tips for effective project management. It also illustrates how to achieve a balance between standards and dynamic changes encouraged by Agile.
This Agile Project Management Certification and training will help individuals to:
• Practical applications of the ideology and principles of AgilePM in a project.
• Configuration of the lifecycle of an Agile project.
• Application of popular Agile techniques in a project situation, including MoSCoW prioritization, iterative development, and timeboxing
• Assignment of roles and responsibilities within an Agile project
• Governance and control of an Agile project
• Measurement of the progress of an Agile project
• Application of the Agile methodology to the management of requirements.
Cost: £218 for the Agile Project Management Foundation exam
: £330 for the Agile Project Management Practitioner exam.
4. Scaled Agile Academy
Agile framework owing to its popularity has slowly started moving into larger companies. Hence the need to have more and more trained and experienced professionals in Agile are required to fill the gap.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a body of knowledge developed to cater to the successful implementation of Agile Framework in large organizations.
The Scaled Agile Academy offers many Agile Project Management Certification courses such as:
-The SAFe Program Consultant Trainer
-The SAFe Program Consultant
-The SAFe Agilist
-The SAFe Practitioner
-The SAFe Product Manager/Product Owner.
The Certified SAFe® Agilist course comes highly recommended. It is a 2-day course to gain skills needed to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by using the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). The Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) is based on the principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps.
The course is usually taken by CEO, Program Manager, Project Manager, Scrum Master, Team Lead, Business Analyst or Systems Architect
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
Key Learning Goals
- Transformation to Business Agility with SAFe
- Become a Lean-Agile Leader
- Understand customer needs with Design Thinking
- Enable Agile Product Delivery
- Implement Lean Portfolio Management
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in the enterprise
- Plan and successfully execute Program Increments
- Execute and release value through Agile Release Trains
- Use Lean-Agile budgeting to build an Agile portfolio
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course completion certificate
The course can be taken by anyone interested but it is recommended to have
- At least 5 years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
- Exam Name – SAFe® 4 Agilist Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Agilist Exam
- Exam Format – Multiple choice
- Exam Delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Duration –90 minutes
- Number of Questions: 45
Cost: $995 per course; the first exam attempt is free. After receiving certification, there is a $100 annual renewal/membership fee.
5. ICAgile Certified Expert (ICE) Certification
ICAgile is a leading certification and accreditation body and not a training company as widely believed. It has a comprehensive Agile Project Management Certification track. The company works with the best agile thought leaders to develop learning programs. The company also collaborates with course providers to accredit courses against their comprehensive and proven Learning Outcomes. ICAgile-accredited courses meet the rigorous level of standards developed by worldwide agile thought leaders.
ICAgile is affiliated with 150+ Member Organizations.
How To Receive An ICAgile Certified Expert (ICE) Certification
ICE certifications are only awarded to professionals who meet the rigorous demands and exhibit skills in real-time in front of an expert panel.
ICE certifications are known to be awarded to only highly competent professionals. To qualify for the Agile Project Management Certification, the candidates must fulfill all the learning requirements for a given track. An ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP) certification and the two knowledge-based certifications on the track are required to be earned.
Agile Project And Delivery Management
The ICP-APM is one of two knowledge-based certifications on the Delivery Management track. This certification provides a distinction between agile project management and traditional project management. It focuses on strategies and techniques for successful Lean and Agile project implementation.
A servant leadership mindset and approach is taught for better results. Students play the role of an agile project manager as a facilitator of agile practices towards achieving desired outcomes. This certification also encompasses the fundamental agile concepts of adaptive planning, customer collaboration, and value-driven delivery in dynamic and constrained environments.
In addition, agile approaches to standard project management processes such as metrics, reporting, and contract management are also addressed.
The training providers cover the required learning outcomes in approximately 14-21 hours of instructional activities over the course of two to three days.
This course is popular amongst traditional Project Managers making the transition to agile environments, and agile team members interested in taking on servant leadership roles. Relevant roles include Project Managers, ScrumMasters, Business Analysts, Product Managers, or other team members interested in Agile Project Management.
6. Professional Certificate – Agile Practices from Strategy Execution
Strategy Execution, formerly known as ESI International, has been delivering project leadership training solutions for almost four decades.
Strategy Execution uses a membership model for providing training. Some of the areas covered in the training are strategy, adaptive leadership, business analysis, project management, and contract management.
The training caters to project-driven work which can help you to scale your business, Leaders are equipped with skills, tools, and techniques to handle new challenges.
Strategy Execution, in partnership with Duke University, offers courses in
- Adaptive Leadership
- Portfolio, program, and project execution
- Lean and Agile
- Business analysis
- Contract and vendor management
These courses incorporate the best of cutting-edge university research and proven business techniques to deliver end-to-end training. These training are designed to increase alignment and engagement across teams, business units, or the entire enterprise. The courses are continually evaluated, evolved, and rebooted to keep pace with industry and business changes.
Relevant and Quality Curriculum
Strategy Execution offers a wholesome curriculum that incorporates technical skills as well as essential leadership skills. Courses are offered in the areas of :
- Project, program, and portfolio management
- Business analysis
- Agile Project Management Certification
- Adaptive strategic execution
- Contract management
- Project leadership and Business Skills
- Government FAC-P/PM
The course content is endorsed by the premiere governing bodies such as the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)®, and the National Contract Management Association (NCMA)®.
Student Support and Learning Flexibility
Instructions are offered in a variety of settings:
- Public Classrooms
- Onsite Instructor-Led Courses (ILT)
- Virtual Instructor-Led Courses (VILT)
- Self-Paced eLearning
Students also have access to course counselors, who provide guidance and recommendations to help align company goals to a specific learning plan.
Strategy Execution has offices worldwide, This helps in providing localized support, culturally experienced instructors, yet maintaining consistent content across the world.
Professional Certificate – Agile Practices
Earning a professional certificate from StategyEx requires a candidate to complete nine courses within four years.
The Courses that are Mandatory are
- Fundamentals of Lean and Agile
- Iterative Delivery with Scrum and Kanban
- Continuous Improvement with Lean and Kanban
One of the below Courses must also be Taken :
- Lean and Agile Project Management
- Fundamentals of DevOps
Three Courses from below must be Taken :
- Eliciting and Managing Requirements
- Establishing a Business
- Mindset Managing Projects
- Risk Management
At least one Course must be Taken from the List Below :
- Project Leadership, Management and Communications
- Establishing a Business Mindset
- Facilitation Techniques for Business Analysis
- High-Impact Communication
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Cost: Individual courses, such as Agile Practices for Product Owners and Delivering Agile Projects with Scrum, are $1,645.
7. Certified Agile Leadership I by Scrum AllianceⓇ
Scrum AllianceⓇ is a nonprofit organization that is guiding and inspiring individuals, leaders, and organizations with agile practices, principles, and values to bring in sustainable practices.
Certified Agile Leadership I Program
Leading agile teams is a very challenging job. It not only requires a lot of change in the way teams work but also calls for a shift in mindset. To be able to do this effectively and smoothly, leadership transformation is very essential. Leadership has to be able to bring about changes in its leadership style, habits, approaches, and posture. It also requires a major cultural shift in the organization.
Since the leader is a key guide, Scrum Alliance has designed courses to build the requisite leadership skills in agile contexts and lead the team through changes. The course addresses these challenges in a practical way. Stories and experiences are shared, and real-world scenarios are discussed.
Topics Explored in the Course are
1. Introduction to the agile mindset and adopting it in your workspace.
2. A walk of The Leadership Circle leadership team assessment.
3. Introduction to Scrum, XP, and Kanban for the leader.
4. The importance of trust in any agile transformation: downward, upward, and outward trust.
5. The evolution of agility from a management and technology perspective and the need for agile.
6. Developing coaching skills and practicing coaching conversations.
7. Enhancing storyteller skills as a leader
8. Creating agile supportive organizational structures.
9. The dynamics of agile at-scale exploring: models, frameworks, networks, and simplicity.
10. High-performance agility
11. Effective agile metrics
12. Effective strategically for bringing in organizational change and agile transformation.
13. Effectively structuring and leading distributed teams.
This virtual class is 5-days in length.
1. Workshop Open
2. The WHY Behind Agile
3. Agile Methods History
4. Leadership in an Agile Context
5. Creating the Agile Organization
6. Leading thru Change
Cost: Regular pricing for a 2 1/2 day CAL experience is $2,500 per attendee. Early Bird discounts are normally $2,000 for a limited number of seats.
8. Agile Scrum Master (ASM®) Certification Training Course by SimpliLearn
This Agile Scrum Master online training covers the best practices of Agile and Scrum methodology.
*20 hours of instructor-led training
*16 hours of high-quality content
*2 live Scrum games / 7 scenario-based Scrum games
*One live project and case study
*19 PDUs in self-paced learning and 24 PDUs in the online classroom
• Agile Scrum methodologies
• Agile Scrum applications
• Daily Scrum synchronization
• Sprint planning and review
Here are the recommended Agile Project Management Certification courses
A.) Self-Paced Learning
• Lifetime access to high-quality self-paced eLearning content curated by industry experts
• 2 Hands-on projects to perfect the skills learned
• 4 simulation test papers for self-assessment
• Agile Scrum Master exam voucher included
• 24×7 learner assistance and support
Cost : ₹ 17,999
B.) Blended Learning
• Everything in Self-Paced Learning, plus
• 90 days of flexible access to online classes
• Live, online classroom training by top instructors and practitioners
Cost : ₹ 22,999
Agile Scrum Master Course Curriculum
There are no prerequisites for this Agile Scrum Master online training course.
Course Content –
- Agile Way of Thinking
- Other Agile Frameworks
- Scrum Events and Artifacts
- Scrum Roles
- Agile Estimating, Planning, Monitoring, and Control
- Agile on Complex Projects
- Adopting Agile
9. Agile Management with Scrum 2020
This is a very popular and well-rated course offered on the Udemy platform for Agile Project Management Certification. The course is sure to enhance your earnings as it has high-level content.
- 60 lessons with a total of 7 hours of real-world and effective content
- free tools and templates to apply in your company right away
- A crash course on leadership skills
- A crash course on GTD (Getting Thinks Done) – a personal productivity technique
- 1 hour of particular online consulting/coaching with Mirko Perkusich with 50% OFF
- Over 200 questions to get you prepared for taking a Professional Scrum Certification
- A digital certificate of completion.
Cost : ₹12,800
10. Mastering Agile Scrum Project Management by Udemy
Mastering Agile Scrum Project Management from LearnSmart is yet another popular course being offered on the Udemy platform. LearnSmart is Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Registered Education Provider (REP 3577). One can earn 24.25 credit hours toward the PMP®, CAMP®, or ACP® training contact hours or towards maintaining current certification.
The Course Reviews Topics Such as
- Introduction to Agile and it’s principles
- Change Management
- Stakeholder Expectations
- Team Empowerment
- Levels of Planning Adaptation etc.
It also Covers Areas Such as
- Team-building skills
- Effective planning and estimating.
- Introduction to Scrum and Extreme Programming.
- Effective tools and techniques for Agile Implementation.
- printable flashcards, games, and slideshows
- Testing and Problem solving
This course is best suited for new managers interested in understanding the key agile, scrum, and project management concepts. The knowledge acquired can be applied to their projects.
Cost : ₹12,800
Agile Software Development Ideology
The seventeen signatories to the manifesto proclaimed that they value:
• Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
• Working software over comprehensive documentation
• Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
• Responding to change over following a plan
The Agile Software Development methodology values competent people working collaboratively as against rigid processes. It also lays less emphasis on extensive documentation and focuses on software creation. It also gives in to dynamic changes in requirements by the customer, knowing that the customer may discover what they need during the process of software development. It also builds in project plans that are not too tight and open to incorporating changes in technology or the environment, stakeholders’ priorities, and people’s understanding of the problem and its solution.
Agile Project Management Certification is becoming the growing need of current times. Many professions in the project management arena want to get a head start in the field.
So here are some Agile Project Management Certification programs that can help you boost your career :
With the growing dynamics of consumer expectations and rapid changes in world scenarios and the advent of new technologies, the age-old traditional software development and project management methods are not suitable often. The Agile methodology is a highly adaptive and consumer-focused approach to solving real-world problems. It helps churn out software quickly to the customer in the life-cycle which has become an essential requirement of the current times.
PMP® Certification With
98.8% Pass Rate in PMP® Exam Protected by 100% Money-Back Guarantee | PMP® certification is the gold standard for Project Management professionals.
Agile Project Management
An exclusively designed Program by professionals working in international firms across San Francisco, Colombo, Melbourne and Hong Kong. Become eligible for sought-after Agile & Scrum Professional jobs in Fortune 500 Companies by gaining hallmark of a quality certification on Agile Project Management.
Accounting and Taxation Course
The Certified Accounting and Taxation Course (CATP) covers critical components of Accounting like GST, Income Tax, and TDS which have a crucial bearing on the modalities of Financial business operations in India. The CATP course is earmarked for professionals keen on building a successful career in Accounting and Taxation.Explore Popular Category