Agile Project Management is one of the revolutionary methods introduced for the practice of project management. This is one of the latest project management strategies that are mainly applied to project management practice in software development. Therefore, it is best to relate agile project management to the software development process when understanding it. From the inception of software development as a business, there have been a number of processes following, such as the waterfall model. With the advancement of software development, technologies and business requirements, the traditional models are not robust enough to cater the demands. Therefore, more flexible software development models were required in order to address the agility of the requirements. As a result of this, the information technology community developed agile software development models. ‘Agile’ is an umbrella term used for identifying various models used for agile development, such as Scrum. Since agile development model is different from conventional models, agile project management is a specialized area in project management.
Responsibilities of an Agile Project Manager
The responsibilities of an agile project management function are given below. From one project to another, these responsibilities can slightly change and are interpreted differently.
- Responsible for maintaining the agile values and practices in the project team.
- The agile project manager removes impediments as the core function of the role.
- Helps the project team members to turn the requirements backlog into working software functionality.
- Facilitates and encourages effective and open communication within the team.
- Responsible for holding agile meetings that discusses the short-term plans and plans to overcome obstacles.
- Enhances the tool and practices used in the development process.
- Agile project manager is the chief motivator of the team and plays the mentor role for the team members as well.
Agile Project Management does not
- Manage the software development team.
- Overrule the informed decisions taken by the team members.
- Direct team members to perform tasks or routines.
- Drive the team to achieve specific milestones or deliveries.
- Assign task to the team members.
- Make decisions on behalf of the team.
- Involve in technical decision making or deriving the product strategy.
What is Agile Project management along with Agile Testing?
- Agile testing is a software testing practice that follows the principles of agile software development.
- Agile testing involves all members of a cross-functional agile team, with special expertise contributed by testers, to ensure delivering the business value desired by the customer at frequent intervals, working at a sustainable pace.
- Agile development recognizes that testing is not a separate phase, but an integral part of software development, along with coding.
Qualities of a good tester…..
- Agile tester should be able to understand the requirements quickly.
- Agile tester should know agile concepts and principals.
- As requirements keep changing, he should understand the risk involve in it.
- Agile tester should be able to prioritize the work based on the requirements.
- Communication is must for an agile tester as it requires a lot of communication with developers and business associates.
Now You Will Ask What To Do When Change Occur…In Project…
When requirement keeps changing, continuously agile tester should take following approach
- Write generic test plans and test cases, which focuses on the intent of the requirement rather than its exact details
- To understand the scope of change, work closely with the product owners or business analyst
- Make sure team understand the risks involved in changing requirements especially at the end of the sprint
- Until the feature is stable, and the requirements are finalized, it is best to wait if you are going to automate the feature
- Changes can be kept to a minimum by negotiating or implement the changes in the next sprint
So we hope we were able to give you the best answers to the agile theories. We hope that now, you know:
Agile manifesto defines an iterative and people-centric approach to software development. It has basically 4 key values.
Agile testing is done parallel to the development activity whereas in traditional waterfall model testing is done at the end of the development.
As done in parallel, agile testing is done on small features whereas in waterfall model testing is done on whole application.
In agile projects, it is everyone’s (developers, quality assurance engineers, designers, etc.) responsibility to manage the project to achieve the objectives of the project.
In addition to that, the agile project manager plays a key role in agile team in order to provide the resources, keep the team motivated, remove blocking issues, and resolve impediments as early as possible.
In this sense, an agile project manager is a mentor and a protector of an agile team, rather than a manager.
- Scrum:In the scrum, a sprint is a basic unit of development. Each sprint is followed by a planning meeting, where the tasks for the sprint are identified and estimated. During each sprint, the team creates finished portion of a product
- Agile:In Agile, each iteration involves a team working through a full software development cycle, including planning, design, coding, requirement analysis, unit testing, and acceptance testing when a product is demonstrated to stakeholders .In simple words, Agile is the practice and scrum is the process to following this practice.
9 Agile quality strategies are…
- Non-solo development
- Static and dynamic code analysis
- Reviews and Inspection
- Iteration/sprint demos
- All hands demo
- Light weight milestone reviews
- Short feedback cycles
- Standards and guidelines
WE, HENRY HARVIN WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY DECISION MAKING PROCESS. WE HOPE WE WERE ABLE TO HELP YOU COVER ALL THE LOOPHOLES, WHICH HAD THE QUEST TO GET SOLVED.BE QUICK, BE AGILE! OPT FOR OUR AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT COURSE FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING AND DETAILED KNOWLEDGE. THEREFORE- AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS THE NEW COOL.
It is a process of collaborative effort of cross functional teams to get self organized and work on the requirements and solutions for software development program.
1. Makes the agile teams more efficient and make them to work in a collaboration.
2 . It makes the product owner to perform all the required changes and to ensure continuous improvement and development.
3. It increase project predictability that includes many tools, practices and artefacts. It ensure development.