Table of Contents
The history of product development and project management has seen numerous methodologies and approaches, each having merits of its own. Let’s look at the benefits of using Agile.
1. When you look at a product development process, a project can take a lot of time, right from 3 months to around a year. At this time, with the current rate of change in trends and innovation, it is highly possible that the requirements, collected at the time of initiation of the project, have changed. In Agile, the project team is constantly in touch with the customer, making frequent updates. So, when the customer reports the change in requirements of feature, the feature list is updated. This greatly helps in making a better product.
2. It is very common for projects to take a longer time to get completed and delivered than was estimated and promised by the project team. That can be changed when you adopt Agile. In most cases, the time gets exceeded due to unforeseen errors, rework time, and the fact that the team completes the entire product one phase at a time. In Agile, the development, testing and documentation of the product happen simultaneously. Also, the development occurs in cycles, with one feature or component being developed at a time. This narrows the scope of errors, and when identified, is corrected immediately. Adding to this, the frequent team meets to ensure that the project is on schedule.
3. A good product is one that meets the set requirements and functions as desired. In order to make a good product, any errors or undesirable results must be removed. This process is called rework. Rework, when done for an entire product, is a very tedious task, and takes a lot of time and effort. The procedure followed in Agile ensures lesser rework and lesser time spent on rework since the development is done one component at a time.
4. For any development process, the team is very important. A team should have members who share the same vision for the product and have the same understanding of what the product must look like. In Agile, the team is even more important. All the decisions in the project are made with the discussion with the entire team. Being a process methodology where the many teams work simultaneously on different tasks in the project and the team members are required to meet frequently to plan the course of action, Agile requires a great amount of team coordination. In this way, Agile contributes to forming better professionals who are capable of functioning smoothly in a team.
5. With a great quality of products comes great customer satisfaction. When a product is of a high standard, the documentation has been done through roughly, the requirements are met, and the product is delivered properly, the project is said to be successful.
Obviously, the main aim is to make sure that the customer is satisfied, as it ensures that the customer is satisfied, and creates a gateway of further business prospects.
Among all the methodologies followed in product development, Agile Project Management is one of the most modern and effective ways.
Want to get more information about Agile training and certification?
Connect with one of our consultants for more information!
Email us now at [email protected] or call our centralized number at 9015266266.
The Henry Harvin Education provide a world class Agile project management and certification program I CAN. They have a team of seasoned industry experts as their trainers. You get an internship support and placement assistance from them post course completion. Their program is South Asia’s first agile project management program. Their ICAN Certification Upskill your business and project management capabilities. It increases your productivity and develop your ability to look towards discrete domains also.Define Agile Project Management?
An approach to plan and guide the project processes. This approach is termed as iterative approach. It is so because the project under Agile management are managed in small sections called iteration. Each iteration refer one development cycle. Agile management program are used in software development program and also in the variety of non software projects.
PMP® Certification With
98.8% Pass Rate in PMP® Exam Protected by 100% Money-Back Guarantee | PMP® certification is the gold standard for Project Management professionals.
Agile Project Management
An exclusively designed Program by professionals working in international firms across San Francisco, Colombo, Melbourne and Hong Kong. Become eligible for sought-after Agile & Scrum Professional jobs in Fortune 500 Companies by gaining hallmark of a quality certification on Agile Project Management.
Design Thinking Course by
Henry Harvin® Academy
Ranked no. 2 Design Thinking Course in India | Trained 1,835+ participants | Get exposure to 10+ projects | Acquire detailed training in applying Design Thinking principles | Both classroom and live online options availableExplore Popular Category